Question Mate X2 harmony os downgrade

Search This thread

lokiisdbcooper

Jul 14, 2021
Hey mates , after a long struggle i was able to get my hands on the mate x2.
im from europe , i have the china version.
unfortunately i upgraded to harmonyos and i cant downgrade back to emui ( for GMS ).
i tried everything ... hisuite proxy doesnt work , official hisuite doesnt work ( when i click rollback it says no internet connection , and my firewall is off )
i tried downgrading from an usb stick using the secret code and "software upgrade from memory card" . it also failed
is there anything that can be done ? I want to replace my fold 2
thx

simmoyo

Jan 7, 2011
Hey mates , after a long struggle i was able to get my hands on the mate x2.
im from europe , i have the china version.
unfortunately i upgraded to harmonyos and i cant downgrade back to emui ( for GMS ).
i tried everything ... hisuite proxy doesnt work , official hisuite doesnt work ( when i click rollback it says no internet connection , and my firewall is off )
i tried downgrading from an usb stick using the secret code and "software upgrade from memory card" . it also failed
is there anything that can be done ? I want to replace my fold 2
thx
Very good question!! did you figure it out? I'm also on Harmony 2.0

To fix no internet connection you need to use a fresh PC (probably a fresh user account is the same) then when you install hisuit for the first time (Hisuite_10.1.0.550_OVE) then DO NOT open it... then do proxy, then the first time you open Hisuite will be after proxyhas been run.
.. that or your windows firewall needs to also be stopped or just uninstall your antivirus, its probably a firewall issue

Im getting a rollback failed on the device though.. these are the settings ive been using. Any recommendations??

1630939073291.png

1630939105373.png

simmoyo

Jan 7, 2011
Very good question!! did you figure it out? I'm also on Harmony 2.0

To fix no internet connection you need to use a fresh PC (probably a fresh user account is the same) then when you install hisuit for the first time (Hisuite_10.1.0.550_OVE) then DO NOT open it... then do proxy, then the first time you open Hisuite will be after proxyhas been run.
.. that or your windows firewall needs to also be stopped or just uninstall your antivirus, its probably a firewall issue

Downoads succesfuly, device restarts, tries to update... then fails "software update failed" or something

these are the settings ive been using. Any recommendations??

View attachment 5403161

View attachment 5403163

simmoyo

Jan 7, 2011
Great instructions, not sure how I stuffed it up but I'm getting "this device is not play protect certified" just after step 3.

Then when I go back to files to install the new contact sync apk, the google play services apk does not install error "there is already a newer version of this app on your phone". So googlefier must be installing a newer google services apk than the one youre using (im using your linked files from youtube)

Same issue even if I uninstall current google pl;ay services and then install yours, also tried clearing all data on all google apps.

Any idea? I'm hoping its just the wrong apk's.

Either way thank you!

Last edited:

Archibald1963

Mar 4, 2017
Huawei Mate X2
ok, let's go step by step...
1. did you downgrade back up via ADB
2. you need to delete any google staff before you start, I mean if you tried to install google before regular application you can keep, first go to settings application application, system process google, delete all google.
3. the most important to follow the video exactly, every step...

4. no worries about play protect... after you installation is finished, switch off mobile network and WiFi

go to settings app, app system process - google
google service framework delete data, force stop, next in the same place in system process delete data in google play store, force stop...
google play services delete only cash... force stop.
reboot the device, again without network connection go to the system process again only to google play services and open data delete it...
that's all.. switch on the network...
Great instructions, not sure how I stuffed it up but I'm getting "this device is not play protect certified" just after step 3.

Then when I go back to files to install the new contact sync apk, the google play services apk does not install error "there is already a newer version of this app on your phone". So googlefier must be installing a newer google services apk than the one youre using (im using your linked files from youtube)

Same issue even if I uninstall current google pl;ay services and then install yours, also tried clearing all data on all google apps.

Any idea? I'm hoping its just the wrong apk's.

Either way thank you!

simmoyo

Jan 7, 2011
ok, let's go step by step...
2. you need to delete any google staff before you start, I mean if you tried to install google before regular application you can keep, first go to settings application application, system process google, delete all google.

4. no worries about play protect... after you installation is finished, switch off mobile network and WiFi

google service framework delete data, force stop, next in the same place in system process delete data in google play store, force stop...
reboot the device, again without network connection go to the system process again only to google play services and open data delete it...

....yes, was successful
....did a factory reset
....I did. The "not certified" issue happened after the last step of googlefier (before contact sync step). And I think contacts were actually syncing before replacing the apk (I did it anyway), maybe its different on the x2?

....This worked! thanks! I had to go in a few circles and not use your play services APK though (googlefier must have updated their versions since your video? maybe thats why it wont install as it says a newer version is already installed).

So I can confirm it's working perfectly! besides contact sync which I can live with for now. I tried your step again for deleteing and reinstalling the contact sync apk but it doesn'tfix the issue

Thanks again Archibald!

EDIT: I originally tried using 2 accounts. The second account was a gsuite account. So I'm suspecting either the gsuite or multiple accounts was the main culprit. Your process above helped with everything

Last edited: