[MAX KERNEL][W150][NWS2.170620.003][ROOTED]

Search This thread

ceanth

Feb 26, 2007
Hi guys,

I have a modified kernal installed on my device but it's not rooted.

What advantages are there with root on urbane? Any must have apps or features which can be available with root access enabled?

Pix12

Dec 20, 2015
Would I have to flash the Magisk zip then flash the boot img? You have to set up /data/magisk for modules to set up correctly.

asus5

Jan 27, 2011
i9100
Samsung Galaxy A50
Would I have to flash the Magisk zip then flash the boot img? You have to set up /data/magisk for modules to set up correctly.
You only have to flash the kernel it is rooted with magisk already, than install magisk .apk.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Hi guys,

I have a modified kernal installed on my device but it's not rooted.

What advantages are there with root on urbane? Any must have apps or features which can be available with root access enabled?
Yes like Kernel auditor to set up cpu frequency.

Pix12

Dec 20, 2015
You only have to flash the kernel it is rooted with magisk already, than install magisk .apk.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Yes like Kernel auditor to set up cpu frequency.

No? You need to use the zip to set up the system part of magisk as well, /data/magisk or modules won't install?

RunNgun42

Jul 14, 2010
EDIT: Status update: got watch to boot to stock (but still bootlooping off cradle) will continue to monitor

This mod hosed my watch. Initially worked fine with noticeable improvement but suddenly watch started bootlooping unless connected to the cradle. It's not a bad battery because I was able to flash AsteroidOS and run all day just fine. As soon as I flash stock images though I bootloop.

I've tried the following
  • TWRP system wipe all partitions
  • TWRP "restore_partitions.zip"
  • Fastboot erase userdata/cache/system
  • Fastboot format userdata/cache/system
  • Stock recovery reset factory defaults
  • Fastboot flash boot/system images

Nothing works.

Last edited:

alitopxD

May 2, 2018
Hi Guys, just wanted to share this little modified stock kernel i made:
* Overclock to max frequency (1100mhz)
* Activated all 4 cores
* Switched from userspace to ondamned governor for cpu
* Switched to msm-tz governor for graphics and enabled 450mhz frequency
* Pre-rooted with magisk (just install magisk apk, make sure font size is set to small in display settings to use magisk app)

Might add msm-hotplug next build but we'll see

Let me know how it works for you all, for me it made performance on wear-os 2.1 finally usable
Created 2018-11-13
Last Updated 2018-11-13

Someone have the stock rom????? thanks u

alitopxD

May 2, 2018
EDIT: Status update: got watch to boot to stock (but still bootlooping off cradle) will continue to monitor

This mod hosed my watch. Initially worked fine with noticeable improvement but suddenly watch started bootlooping unless connected to the cradle. It's not a bad battery because I was able to flash AsteroidOS and run all day just fine. As soon as I flash stock images though I bootloop.

I've tried the following

Nothing works.

I have exactly the same problem, my watch go off when its not on the charger... Someone knows how to solve the problem?? Thanks You!

alitopxD

May 2, 2018
It isn't the battery, i have proved the watch with another ROMs and kernels like asteroidOS and It works well :(

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
It isn't the battery, i have proved the watch with another ROMs and kernels like asteroidOS and It works well :(
No idea, I'm on it and it works fine, only time I had an issue like that it happened on all ROMs and was the battery, there's nothing special about my kernel other then unlocking all the cores, if it fails it's def something with your device

Reactions: jonup

RunNgun42

Jul 14, 2010
So i saw someone mention they repeatedly flashed stock everything and kept factory resetting defaults using stock recovery and eventually it just started working normally again. I can confirm this fixed my issue too. Took about 4 factory resets and 2-3 reflashes. Dunno why, must be some kind of resident values stuck in some embedded memory chip or something that isnt nuked during a flash/reset. Very weird, but my watch is working just fine once again.

Evasi0n3r

Jan 21, 2014
Priverno
www.facebook.com
I've installed this on my 4 y.o. watch and now it's faster, but magisk manager ask me to install new version of the apk, installed using adb and now appear the logo and crash.
And, where i can find kernel info?

glenbhermon

Dec 17, 2019

I've tried the following

Nothing works.

Had the same issue, what worked for me was:

1) fastboot flash all the three stock images (boot, system and recovery)
2) Then do an oem lock (fastboot oem lock)
3) Then do an oem unlock (fastboot oem unlock)

This cleans up all the issues with the required files in place.
It worked in my case.

RunNgun42

Jul 14, 2010

It worked in my case.

Hmm fascinating OEM relocking helped. I updated a post somewhere else following the advice to just keep erasing and formatting all the partitions over and over again and it actually worked. Watch is fully recovered now after 3-5 full system wipes + formats. I can only assume there must be some kind of cache reserved in memory that doesnt get wiped inducing this behavior before it finally gets nuked in the process.

Reactions: glenbhermon

jgmccabe

Mar 29, 2011
The link is dead.
Does anyone have?

EDIT:
It looks like I may have found it (or an early version of it) here:
Any luck with that? My watch has been running really slowly recently so I thought about flashing a new kernel. However a lot of stuff here is, not surprisingly, a bit old. I'm interested in knowing whether I can use this kernel with AW2.35 for example.
Many thanks.

Hash-82

May 4, 2017
Any luck with that? My watch has been running really slowly recently so I thought about flashing a new kernel. However a lot of stuff here is, not surprisingly, a bit old. I'm interested in knowing whether I can use this kernel with AW2.35 for example.
Many thanks.
I was fighting 2 battles at the time:
1) Poor battery performance
2) Laggy operation

The battery issue was resolved with a new battery.
Afterwards, I learned there is a component on the battery that can be jumpered that solves the problem just as effectively.
My biggest issue is that there is no seal available for the watch back, so "waterproof" is a negative.

The kernel does work with AW2.35, and there was some small improvement in speed.
However, I got to where I re-booted the watch at least once per day.
With that, and several other factors, I started wearing a Huawei Watch 1 (316L) - which seems to be generally indestructible.

I still wear my Urbane and Watch R from time to time - but, they mostly sit on the shelf and catch dust.

Reactions: jonup

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys, just wanted to share this little modified stock kernel i made:
    * Overclock to max frequency (1100mhz)
    * Activated all 4 cores
    * Switched from userspace to ondamned governor for cpu
    * Switched to msm-tz governor for graphics and enabled 450mhz frequency
    * Pre-rooted with magisk (just install magisk apk, make sure font size is set to small in display settings to use magisk app)

Might add msm-hotplug next build but we'll see

Let me know how it works for you all, for me it made performance on wear-os 2.1 finally usable

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MAX KERNEL][W150][NWS2.170620.003][ROOTED], Kernel for the LG Watch Urbane

Contributors
    sooti
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-11-13
    Last Updated 2018-11-13
    This kernel is awesome!!! Can you make one version without magisk?
    I'm working on a 1.2 version with better tuning (lasts me two days battery tine on latest wear os and is smooth) , I'll post one with and one without magisk (though I don't see what difference it makes ) + magisk module for mpdecision
    This kernel is modified better than the original. Works on all 4 cores and drain less battery. Cores start to work @ 300 for standby 384, 600, 787, 998, 1094, 1190.

Best thing is to install kernel auditor and busybox to set cores and frequency for long battery life.:good:

The best result is set @ 787 freq x 4 for battery life without harming the performance.
    No idea, I'm on it and it works fine, only time I had an issue like that it happened on all ROMs and was the battery, there's nothing special about my kernel other then unlocking all the cores, if it fails it's def something with your device

It worked in my case.

Hmm fascinating OEM relocking helped. I updated a post somewhere else following the advice to just keep erasing and formatting all the partitions over and over again and it actually worked. Watch is fully recovered now after 3-5 full system wipes + formats. I can only assume there must be some kind of cache reserved in memory that doesnt get wiped inducing this behavior before it finally gets nuked in the process.