MAXX Upgrade

Search This thread

hah2110

Nov 11, 2008
Has anyone found the upgrade kits to convert to the MAXX HD? Pretty sure it should just be a MAXX HD back/battery like exists for the standard RAZR/MAXX but I have not found it.

luisdev

Nov 25, 2012
caserta
Has anyone found the upgrade kits to convert to the MAXX HD? Pretty sure it should just be a MAXX HD back/battery like exists for the standard RAZR/MAXX but I have not found it.

I also wanted to make this change, the battery should be the same as the maxx and is on ebay, but the backcover of maxx hd not found.

Danielk91

Aug 6, 2012

I wouldn't expect anything until maybe Q2 2013? I can barely find oems parts and there $$$$$ as hell.

Im still looking for a razr hd maxx teardown, i just want to know what type of battery is it. EB60?

itsdubai

Mar 30, 2011
Houston
You're right. The old maxx and the new maxx have the 3300 battery. I have had both and I know lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: lucidvtec

Danielk91

Aug 6, 2012
You're right. The old maxx and the new maxx have the 3300 battery. I have had both and I know lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Well my bad, my parts suppliers had the EB40 listed under the XT925, i assumed it was using a EB40. I'd still like to see a razr maxx hd teardown :(

kent1146

Jan 24, 2011

Just out of curiosity, why are you considering a DIY upgrade route, instead of just selling your existing device (as used) and buying a Razr HD Maxx (used)?

Current market rate for a used Droid Razr HD is ~$350 - $400. Current market rate for a Droid Razr HD Maxx is ~$450 - $500.

The problem with a DIY upgrade is that you can't get warranty support / replacement in case anything goes wrong. And if something does go wrong with your device, it is likely a problem that cannot be easily repaired as an inexpensive DIY repair (e.g. the likely problems will be a motherboard dying, or a screen that needs replacing).

Majestic3

Feb 13, 2013
Just out of curiosity, why are you considering a DIY upgrade route, instead of just selling your existing device (as used) and buying a Razr HD Maxx (used)?

Current market rate for a used Droid Razr HD is ~$350 - $400. Current market rate for a Droid Razr HD Maxx is ~$450 - $500.

The problem with a DIY upgrade is that you can't get warranty support / replacement in case anything goes wrong. And if something does go wrong with your device, it is likely a problem that cannot be easily repaired as an inexpensive DIY repair (e.g. the likely problems will be a motherboard dying, or a screen that needs replacing).

+1 to that, considering how new the phone is and how likely it is to ruin something, its a terrible idea IMO. Just spend the extra cash for the bigger battery if you need more than a day* worth of usage per charge (*my HD under heavy use) I literally paid $200 for a $700 phone and would **** a brick if I made the slightest mistake hard modding it and it was a brick ( gives me the shivers to think about going from a $700 handheld PC to a $80 quick replacement :p)

Droid RAZR HD (current)
LG Optimus One P-504 (For Sale)

DrunkenFerret

Dec 22, 2011
ithaca ny
I agree, your best option would probably be to sell your HD and buy yourself a Maxx HD and bite the bullet on the little extra you would spend. At least that way you can keep some warranty on the device.
Also, since the backing is carbon fiber, it may be a little while before another company decides to make a replacement panel that fits. You could always try searching for a broken Maxx HD and scavenge parts

ibike2much

Aug 11, 2010
I think the rationale behind a DIY upgrade is because we have the Razr HD in Canada operating on 2600MHz GSM LTE and the Verizon Droid Razr Maxx HD is CDMA LTE only and only a USA item. Other then the battery and rear cover the Droid Razr Maxx HD is useless for LTE speeds in Canada or elsewhere.

I know that's why I'm looking for an upgrade kit or used/broken Maxx HD phone.

Sent from my XT925 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Scourge1024

Mar 27, 2011
Sherwood Park, AB
I think the rationale behind a DIY upgrade is because we have the Razr HD in Canada operating on 2600MHz GSM LTE and the Verizon Droid Razr Maxx HD is CDMA LTE only and only a USA item. Other then the battery and rear cover the Droid Razr Maxx HD is useless for LTE speeds in Canada or elsewhere.

I know that's why I'm looking for an upgrade kit or used/broken Maxx HD phone.

Sent from my XT925 using XDA Premium HD app

Exactly. We don't have a MAXX version here in Canada. And we have an unlocked bootloader. Why not have the best of both?

Top Liked Posts