|Release date||March 15, 2023|
|Security patch level||March 2023|
|Google Play services||23.08.15|
About Android 13 QPR3
Following the stable release of Android 13 to AOSP, we continue to update the platform with fixes and improvements that are then rolled out to supported devices. These releases happen on a quarterly cadence through Quarterly Platform Releases
(QPRs), which are delivered both to AOSP and to Google Pixel devices as part of Feature Drops
Although these updates don't include app-impacting API changes, we provide images of the latest QPR beta builds so you can test your app with these builds as needed.
Unlike developer previews and betas for unreleased versions of Android, these builds are suitable for general use. However, please review any known issues that are listed on this page.
Android 13 QPR3 builds on the updates in Android 13 QPR2 and the initial Android 13 release
and includes the next round of refinements such as bug fixes and improvements to stability and performance.
How to get QPR3 Beta 1
You can install Android 13 QPR3 Beta 1 on any of the following Google Pixel devices:
- Pixel 4a and 4a (5G)
- Pixel 5 and 5a
- Pixel 6 and 6 Pro
- Pixel 6a
- Pixel 7 and 7 Pro
See Get Android 13 QPR beta builds
for details on how to get started.
Be aware of these general advisories about the release:
- This release might have various stability, battery, or performance issues.
- For users with accessibility needs, this release might not be appropriate for daily use.
- Some apps might not function as expected when running on this release. This limitation includes Google's apps as well as other apps.
- Android 13 QPR beta builds aren't Compatibility Test Suite (CTS)‑approved, but they have passed preliminary testing and provide a stable set of pre-release APIs for developers. Apps that depend on CTS-approved builds or use SafetyNet APIs might not work normally on Android 13 QPR beta builds.
Two primary support channels are available to you when developing and testing with Android 13 QPR3. The channel you should use to get support depends on where you are encountering your issue.
- Support for device-specific issues, system issues, and issues with Google apps: Use the Issue Tracker to create new issues and to view and track issues that you and other developers have submitted.
Before creating your own issue, check the known issues listed on this page and search the lists of top open issues and recently created issues to see if someone else has already reported it. You can subscribe and vote for an issue by clicking star this issue .
See Where to report issues to find an issue template that best matches the type of issue that you are encountering.
- Support for issues with other apps: Contact the app developer directly.
To discuss issues or ideas with other developers working with the Android 13 QPR Beta, join the android_beta community on Reddit
Top resolved issues
The following issues have been resolved in Android 13 QPR3 Beta 1:
- Fixed an issue where the clock text on the lockscreen was the wrong color.
- Fixed an issue where Bluetooth audio wasn't working on some devices.
- Fixed an issue where the fingerprint icon that is normally displayed on screen to indicate the position of the fingerprint sensor erroneously changed to an exclamation point (!).
- Fixed an issue where live wallpapers could not be selected or used.
- Fixed an issue where widgets, app icon positions, and other configurable options on the home screen were reset after installing an OTA update.
- Fixed an issue that caused a device to be unenrolled from Face Unlock after installing an OTA update.
Top open issues
See top open issues
for the latest list of top open issues that have been reported.