General May 2023 OneUI 5.1 Update (A528BXXU3EWE1) Now Rolling

Search This thread

braveheartleo

I have just received the May 2023 OneUI 5.1 update (A528BXXU3EWE1), and it not only comes with security updates but also stability and reliability updates as well. It is a 294.04 MB OTA coming from the previous April 2023 update.

Screenshot_20230517_102036_Software update.png

I wonder what improvements they have made when they said 'Device behavior has been improved.' I could only wish they would improve display function at a refresh rate of standard or 60Hz and not cause it to act like an LCD with patches of gray on the display only visible under a very dark room when a black background or video is displayed. This behavior is not present when refresh rate is set to high or 120Hz. Black remains black.

Have you received the update as well?

Last edited:

jenda.69

Nov 23, 2007
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Got it few hours ago.
App switcher with 3rd party launcher is still broken and still switches to a wrong app randomly after double tapping the switcher button.

braveheartleo

Got it few hours ago.
App switcher with 3rd party launcher is still broken and still switches to a wrong app randomly after double tapping the switcher button.
I'm using gesture navigation so I can't comment on such issue.

However, would you happen to be using Eye comfort shield that is set to either adaptive or custom schedule (sunset to sunrise)?