May return my HTC One DevEd

Search This thread

EnIXmA

Feb 16, 2012
Mississauga, on
Omg. You should return it and get a different device. I just love this phone, most of the things you pointed out are useless.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

AndrewAmazed

Jun 26, 2010
Southern California
If you really think the DIALER is ok, please just try using ExDialer or DialerOne (note: I do not recommend either as they have both switched to nag/trial-ware, I am still trying to find a replacment) for a day or two just to experience the difference it makes. To me it is night and day. As I said, the HTC Hero running Sense 1.0 had the perfect dialer (copied from the WinMo5 days)... other apps just copy that. I can't believe Samsung, iOS, Google/LG, and modern HTC don't do the dialer "right" (by my standards yes, but if you TRY it I think most people will agree).

Edit: Just turning off the instant upload sounds great and all, but thats the only way I have been getting pictures off of my phone since the G+ app was released (I prefer that to DropBox, and G+ was first to do it). HTC Zoe has a major drawback that you cannot use that feature properly (and they INCLUDE dropbox and suggest you to enable photo upload on first use!).

Are you for real? Just turn instant upload to on only when on wifi or something. That helps both your bandwidth and also your battery.
Like half of your issues legitly sound like you should just go buy an iPhone or something.

rpmccormick

Dec 1, 2008
OnePlus 7 Pro
No, I'm not. I'm happy to let this thread die, but don't lie about me. I am a Google fan-boy, HTC enthusiast that wanted to love this phone. I do still love this phone other all other phones, I just hate all phones these days. The hardware gets better, but the software gets worse. They do not try to be universally compatible between (or even have separate flagships for) lefties/righties, businesspeople/collegekids/teens, and novice/general/power users. It is all about what is popular these days, which is influenced more by marketing and what copying the best selling one does rather than true preference and useful innovation.

This phone has innovation written all over it, which is why my hopes were so high. Learning that it just doesn't work for me is a real let down.

EDIT: What do you mean only turn it on on WiFi. I never want my DropBox/G+ flooded with 30 copies of each picture whether on WiFi or not!

Last edited:

expertzero1

Sep 28, 2011
So Cal, California
No, I'm not. I'm happy to let this thread die, but don't lie about me. I am a Google fan-boy, HTC enthusiast that wanted to love this phone. I do still love this phone other all other phones, I just hate all phones these days. The hardware gets better, but the software gets worse. They do not try to be universally compatible between (or even have separate flagships for) lefties/righties, businesspeople/collegekids/teens, and novice/general/power users. It is all about what is popular these days, which is influenced more by marketing and what copying the best selling one does rather than true preference and useful innovation.

This phone has innovation written all over it, which is why my hopes were so high. Learning that it just doesn't work for me is a real let down.

EDIT: What do you mean only turn it on on WiFi. I never want my DropBox/G+ flooded with 30 copies of each picture whether on WiFi or not!

Then disable auto upload?

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
I think the phone is fantastic. Did you even know anything about it before you purchased? You said you did but it honestly doesn't sound like it. Sorry, not buying it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

dirtyhamster73

Sep 26, 2010
Wakefield, MA
"No slide out keyboard". Really?

:what:

I haven't touched or wanted to touch a slide out keyboard since the G2!

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
Google Voice works fine, you just have to set it up on the web page on a computer and enter the dialer codes. The One will still show voicemail as "my carrier" and give the error message, but if you look in the "forwarding" setting, it will show your GV number.

slackercow

Oct 27, 2007
1) Boot-screen.
2) Photo-Upload.
3) Camera.
4) The menu [...] sucks.
5) The Dialer.
6) The Launcher.
7) Call-quality / Volume!
8) Charging.
9) Build quality.
10) Google Wallet? Even on the DevEdition it is not compatible? WTF?
11) Google Voice as voice-mail won't work:
12) GMail (JB issue).

There are many more nit-picks bother me (gets hot, is heavy, no slideout keyboard), but this list are the important ones for me right now.

1, 2 --> turn it off.
3 --> uh... ok.
4 --> talk to app developers; all decent apps have a built-in menu button
5 --> the hell? use exdialer.
6 --> use something else?
7 --> no. call quality is fantastic; check your network. or the one person you called.
8 --> wth?
9 --> no problems for me
10 --> http://support.google.com/wallet/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1347934
11 --> no.
12 ---> LOL

if you're looking for 'reasons' to not want the phone, it sounds like you've found them. let us know when you find a new phone :laugh:

Mikee4fun

Jun 2, 2004
California
www.mikee4fun.com
What a troll, I would seriously beat you down if you turned on your phone in the movie theater. One reason I never go to movie theaters any more. Go get an iPhone and enjoy the stock Apple boot screen.

dbshane

Jan 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
I don't understand why somebody complaining these is still using android, it's even a Dev version HTC One. Just return it and grab an iphone 5

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: robstunner

noesilva

Sep 27, 2010
No wonder i haven't gotten my phone yet this guys been through 5

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

kitch9

Feb 12, 2010
Tards.

Worlds full of 'em.

No slide out keyboard? Jesus I'm losing braincells fast in here.....

patato2

Mar 22, 2013
Really , I am speechless . Yes PLEASE return it before it hurts anybody, looks like either you or the phone is going to explode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry man...bu this is the silliest excuses I have ever heard in my whole life....it's your personal opinion and I respect that but it's my opinion too and you have to respect it...

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA
    Is this a joke? Some of these are silly.

1) Who just turns their phone off when they're out and about in 2013? Really? Plus, if you have it silenced, it won't play a boot sound.

4) Sorry, but if you see the [...] in an app, it's crap. Uninstall it. Find a good app by a dev who knows how to make Android apps.

5) Can't slide left one pane to see a list of call history? Also, when you start typing on the number pad, it filters your contacts. It only shows you the most likely match at first, but if you click the number of matches right below that it minimizes the number pad and shows you the complete list of matches. Works great.

6) When the app drawer is set to 4x5, I can see 24 icons including the icons on the dock. That's about the same as the 25 shown in stock Android on the Nexus 4. And again, anything that shows the [...] sucks. Zeam... facepalm. Try a decent launcher like Nova if you don't like the Sense launcher.

7) Call quality is great for me. Might be your provider. Solavei? What the?

8) Haven't seen the error you're talking about while plugged in and navigating. Did you cheap out on your car charger too?

9) My Nexus 4 creaks like your cheap car charger every time I hold it and always has lint stuck in its cracks. The One is better, end of story. You're the only person I've seen who thinks the Nexus 4 is better built than the One.

10) Google's fault. Not HTC's.

12) All modern Android phones use the same version of GMail. How can you fault HTC for this?
    OP, how much is Samsung paying you for this post I wonder?

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
    Lmaoooo. Trolling hard. Was he serious?

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
    JUST LOL at OP :crying:

Thats some funny SILLY allegations you got there :p