May update giving wakelocks

Search This thread

3dd1

Mar 24, 2012
Andover
Hi all, had my Pixel 2 for about a month now, love it, particularly the battery life, not rooted but have been using CPU spy to check if it is going into deep sleep, which it has. Since the May update though there's a lot of time, spent at 300 MHz, rather than deep sleep (comparing screen on time to time since boot)

Any one else noticed this or have any advice ( I guess that would be root it but with long hours away from home at work and kids, I like being able to update OTA)

Thanks

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Large Hadron

Aug 14, 2010
Mine's on its first cycle after the update, so I don't have a lot of data. But in the 2hrs 40 since I unplugged it it's spend 1hr 53 in deep sleep, with 8 minutes wakelocks and 38 minutes screen on. So there's no sign that mine has a problem with sleeping so far.

Personally if the problem persists, no other cause can be found (e.g. an app that's preventing deep sleep) and other people do report it then if you don't want to root the obvious solution would be to report it to Google and see whether a fix comes.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Hi all, had my Pixel 2 for about a month now, love it, particularly the battery life, not rooted but have been using CPU spy to check if it is going into deep sleep, which it has. Since the May update though there's a lot of time, spent at 300 MHz, rather than deep sleep (comparing screen on time to time since boot)

Any one else noticed this or have any advice ( I guess that would be root it but with long hours away from home at work and kids, I like being able to update OTA)

Thanks

Factory reset before you do anything if it doesn't settle down. Get BBS find out what is causing your wakelock.

Reactions: 3dd1

3dd1

Mar 24, 2012
Andover
Yes that's what it is. You can install it via scan code I think but you will need to run 2 adb commands from a PC to get full functionality that is as good as root. It's a must have app imo.
Oh and the penny has just dropped, first phone since my Nexus 4 that didn't have a micro SD card, full factory reset means I need to back everything up or put it all back on, music, films photos, oh joy. Lol

robeeerto

Mar 13, 2018
Cracow
security update installing 52.7 MB May 2018,

hello guys, I have a problem with installing the update :(

security update installing 52.7 MB May 2018,
couldnt update
installation problem
try again

Google PIxel 2 , Poland

help :(

xFirefly93

Jan 10, 2018
Timrå

Thanks

Have you checked both your partial and kernel wakelocks with BetterBatteryStats?

Reactions: 3dd1

Rotten Ross

Aug 11, 2011
I don't have a battery stats app installed on my unrooted pixel 2 but since the update my battery is down about an hour, look like I might have to factory reset, im really not happy with having to transfer all my music from my phone to my PC and back again especially when I don't have a usb-c to usb-b lead and about 15gb of music. Oh the joys.

mamarcac

Sep 29, 2016
True but Google makes it easier with their cloud backup. It'll be worth it I hear.

Having used TWRP on other phones and iTunes for backing up/restoring the wife's phone via encrypted backup, Google's cloud backup system leaves a lot to be desired. It's really a shame too, because so often the answer/solution to funky Android phone behavior is factory reset.

3dd1

Mar 24, 2012
Andover
I don't have a battery stats app installed on my unrooted pixel 2 but since the update my battery is down about an hour, look like I might have to factory reset, im really not happy with having to transfer all my music from my phone to my PC and back again especially when I don't have a usb-c to usb-b lead and about 15gb of music. Oh the joys.
I feel your pain, the only problem of not having removable storage!

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
So flash TWRP to the P2 - it's almost trivial. Just unlock, adb fastboot, fastboot twrp.img, then use it to install TWRP.zip. (Or you can just boot twrp.img every time you need it. I did it that way for a few months, then got tired of doing it and installed it.)

Granted, you're running with the bootloader unlocked - but you're on XDA, aren't you? You're not a Facebook-music-phone-call type are you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

Factory reset before you do anything if it doesn't settle down. Get BBS find out what is causing your wakelock.
    Is BBS better battery stats? Not being rooted I'd need to install from a PC?

Yes that's what it is. You can install it via scan code I think but you will need to run 2 adb commands from a PC to get full functionality that is as good as root. It's a must have app imo.

Thanks

Have you checked both your partial and kernel wakelocks with BetterBatteryStats?
    Usually wakelocks after an update/flash is just a bad flash. Factory resetting usually fixes those.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone