MBTD - G7 Premium Themes. Feedback, communication

Search This thread

Inerent

Oct 6, 2017
Bucharest
I'm going to recommend holding off on it and wait for offical. I have to look for a stock bell kdz when i have a chance. There are a few things I don't like about this fw and I'd rather go back. Wifi calling does not work nor does volte and a few other things

Why don't you revert back? I already did it! Do you need help?

Inerent

Oct 6, 2017
Bucharest
I will gladly accept your help.

1. First: head over here https://lg-firmwares.com/ and download your model firmware.
2. Second: flash it with the same lgup software and same commands that you used to flash pie.
PS i reverted to oreo European firmware. It's another quality over Hong Kong's that is my model ...

More help? Please be specific.
Need help indicating European firmware?

Last edited:
Reactions: Negan

gilnfld

Dec 14, 2009
St. John's
I'm going to recommend holding off on it and wait for offical. I have to look for a stock bell kdz when i have a chance. There are a few things I don't like about this fw and I'd rather go back. Wifi calling does not work nor does volte and a few other things

Thank you,

Yeah i figured that some network-dependent things like volte will not work, thanks for clarifying.

What Black/Dark theme for Oreo on the G7 do you recommend?. I dont want to use substratum so Alpha is out. You had an AOSP black one I used with my V30 if I recall; does that play nice on our G7?

gs

Negan

Recognized Themer/ Retired Forum Moderator
1. First: head over here https://lg-firmwares.com/ and download your model firmware.
2. Second: flash it with the same lgup software and same commands that you used to flash pie.
PS i reverted to oreo European firmware. It's another quality over Hong Kong's that is my model ...

More help? Please be specific.
Need help indicating European firmware?

I'm hoping to just revert to my bell firmware just so that I'll know everything is working that i expect to work. Thanks for the tip! Appreciate it

Negan

Thank you,

Yeah i figured that some network-dependent things like volte will not work, thanks for clarifying.

What Black/Dark theme for Oreo on the G7 do you recommend?. I dont want to use substratum so Alpha is out. You had an AOSP black one I used with my V30 if I recall; does that play nice on our G7?

gs

Twilight or pixel experience dark is what you may like. None of those v30 themes will work on the g7

Reactions: gilnfld

Inerent

Oct 6, 2017
Bucharest
Hey, Mark! Sorry for being off topic, but I want to know what will be your next phone, LG G8, V50 or other brand? It's important for me.

Reactions: Negan

Negan

Hey, Mark! Sorry for being off topic, but I want to know what will be your next phone, LG G8, V50 or other brand? It's important for me.

I bought the G8 today! Now to get something working on it. FYI none of my G7 or v40 themes will work at all so I have to make them all over again from scratch.

Reactions: Inerent

Inerent

Oct 6, 2017
Bucharest
I bought the G8 today! Now to get something working on it. FYI none of my G7 or v40 themes will work at all so I have to make them all over again from scratch.

Nice!!! I incline also for the G8, but the one with 3 cameras on the back due to it's slimmer size compared with V40, V50. But the lack of 5G modem holds me back. I thinq I'll wait until v50... Could you do a small comparison of the display in contrast with G7?
Also could you give us the stock Theme of the G8 with that crazy animation and make it possible for the G7?

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

P. S. Please make the twilight with rounded icons everywhere (also in settings menu)

gilnfld

Dec 14, 2009
St. John's
Twilight or pixel experience dark is what you may like. None of those v30 themes will work on the g7

Thanks for letting me know, just purchased your PE dark theme -- top notch work, man really!
Cheers,

Oh, BTW did you flash from Pie back to a Canadian Oreo G7 KDZ as per the guide provided re; the new LGUP? all go smoothly?

gs

Negan

Thanks for letting me know, just purchased your PE dark theme -- top notch work, man really!
Cheers,

Oh, BTW did you flash from Pie back to a Canadian Oreo G7 KDZ as per the guide provided re; the new LGUP? all go smoothly?

gs

I haven't tried to flash anything yet. Been meaning to though! Glad you like the theme

Negan

Back to this comment. You can also buy a galaxy device if you weren't going to stick with LG. I've been approved as of today for galaxy themes as well!!!

Inerent

Oct 6, 2017
Bucharest
Back to this comment. You can also buy a galaxy device if you weren't going to stick with LG. I've been approved as of today for galaxy themes as well!!!
I'm not quitting my five dacs, hey, even six dacs with the one on the headphones.
The big problem for me is the size of the v40, v50.
Also the g8s has some weird things like fhd display, bigger notch

Negan

I'm not quitting my five dacs, hey, even six dacs with the one on the headphones.
The big problem for me is the size of the v40, v50.
Also the g8s has some weird things like fhd display, bigger notch
I love my G8! Finally LG made a kick ass device that doesn't just feel like a minimal upgrade over the last device. I'm amazed how good this thing is man

Inerent

Oct 6, 2017
Bucharest
Snapdragon 855 at the heart. I've been using snapdragon since the 800/801, skipped 810 and 820.
But since 835 I really thing improvements are only on the paper.
My problem with G8 is that it has only 2 cams on the back. And why not an tof on the back also?
Also I have compared whites on the G7 with the v40 and g7 is unbeatable. Who cares about blacks??? I really care about whites. G7 screen I find to be the best. We can say goodbye...

Last edited:

Negan

Snapdragon 855 at the heart. I've been using snapdragon since the 800/801, skipped 810 and 820.
But since 835 I really thing improvements are only on the paper.
My problem with G8 is that it has only 2 cams on the back. And why not an tof on the back also?
Also I have compared whites on the G7 with the v40 and g7 is unbeatable. Who cares about blacks??? I really care about whites. G7 screen I find to be the best. We can say goodbye...

G7 definitely has a nice screen. I found with my v40 that it is neat to have a 3rd camera but really I never used it too much so it wasn't a deal breaker that the north American g8 only had 2. Although it's odd that they always spoil the Korean variant and no one else

bongster

Jun 7, 2012
Hi there,
any news on an update for pie?
I saw you have already finished some themes for the g8. Can i use them for the g7?
I'm on the Korean pie and miss the theme very much.

Many thanks!

Negan

Hi there,
any news on an update for pie?
I saw you have already finished some themes for the g8. Can i use them for the g7?
I'm on the Korean pie and miss the theme very much.

Many thanks!
I would not recommend using a g8 theme on your g7. I had tried the Korean pie on my g7 but it was terrible and I flashed back and am awaiting the proper ota. I believe the oreo themes should work on it though for the most part. I only tried twilight while on the Korean pie and I didn't see anything that I recall being a problem

Reactions: bongster

bongster

Jun 7, 2012
I would not recommend using a g8 theme on your g7. I had tried the Korean pie on my g7 but it was terrible and I flashed back and am awaiting the proper ota. I believe the oreo themes should work on it though for the most part. I only tried twilight while on the Korean pie and I didn't see anything that I recall being a problem
Hi again,
I've bought twilight and it looks quite good. Sadly after installation my settings begin to crash.
Any tip how i can change my theme now without entering my settings?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rain

13FHsrz.png

This is Rain, an LG Home+ theme for your LG G7 running Android 9. This theme is a premium quality theme like no other Home theme+. What you see is what you get and that is quality and attention to details! Rain is a dark theme with some bright gradient accents throughout. The Dark Notifications compliment the ui and battery life! The app icons have a slight gradient to them, with some more noticeable than others. This theme does not support adaptive icons as some of the key features of this theme are blocked by enabling the adaptive icons. If you'd prefer adaptive you will need to use a third party launcher like Hyperion or Nova.
    No need to run a third party theme system any more, just use the system theme chooser and you can enjoy all the benefits of an advanced theme system.

To apply the theme simply go into settings/display and select themes. From there select Rain, and push apply! then reboot and then reapply the theme again. It's a bit more in depth than other themes but given the complexity of this premium theme it is required for all elements to be themed properly.
    That's it! Simple, easy and quick.

This theme is also meant to run at the highest resolution, with the lowest stock setting for the actual display size. Larger sizes may cause some elements to look slightly off. If this happens please lower the display sizes of the iconography.

Also for the power menu to be themed you have to reboot and reapply the theme. Sometimes you may have to reapply it more than once. This is something with LG's software and not within my control.

If you run into any issues please send me an email directly instead of leaving a poor rating. Often I am very quick to reply and great to solve any issues. The review system is not meant to be a support channel!

Thank you so much for your support and I hope you enjoy this theme. I've worked extremely hard on this and by far it was the most challenging and time consuming project I've ever made!

Now for the stuff people actually care about.... Screenshots!!!

HPmhmct.png

eWInIjj.png

11YYB90.png

xYKLxSm.png

D3bIDDe.png

fX67Jpe.png

vcmd75G.png

So are you guys ready for Pixel Experience Dark yet?
    I'll have that coming soon!

And it's gonna be awesome!
    _AZLtNIAtx_kYCfjRvP3UZq26CfjHYrGvikuY9m2dCRmZgasND-4bpQyywuozjLUhAXBjngtBWx3yKsi3Atl6MZXpTbR-y23gNk71js=w1024-h500-rw-no

Twilight

See bottom of description for Quick Settings Add-on Patches!!!

This is Twilight an LG Home+ theme for your LG V40 or LG G7 running Oreo only (Pie is not yet available on my devices and therefore not yet supported!!!) This theme is a premium quality theme like no other Home theme+. What you see is what you get and that is quality and attention to details! Twilight is a dark theme with bright gradient accents throughout. The app icons have a slight gradient to them, with some more noticeable than others. This theme does not support adaptive icons as some of the key features of this theme are blocked by enabling the adaptive icons. If you'd prefer adaptive you will need to use a third party launcher like Hyperion or Nova.
    No need to run a third party theme system any more, just use the system theme chooser and you can enjoy all the benefits of an advanced theme system.

***Third party Quick Settings Icons:
    Some apps allow the user to add a shortcut activity to the quick settings panel. This is not supported by this theme whatsoever. If you decided to add any icons to your quick settings panel they will not show up. They will be 100% transparent. They cannot be added. If this bothers you then in a future update I will make an add-on quick settings patch that will add usability back for them, however it will sacrifice the creativity of the current structure of both styles of available quick settings icons. It will be more minimal and all the icons will be the same color like how most themes are. Due to the complexity and advanced nature of this theme this is something that I am aware of and have embraced 100%.

To apply the theme simply go into settings/display and select themes. From there select Twilight, and push apply!

That's it! Simple, easy and quick.

Please note that refunds will not be given for installations on non LG V40 or G7 Oreo Devices. As the title of the theme clearly indicates which device this is for and this app description does specify which OS version is supported..
    This theme is also meant to run at the highest resolution, with the lowest stock setting for the actual display size. Larger sizes may cause some elements to look slightly off. If this happens please lower the display sizes of the iconography.

If you run into any issues please send me an email directly instead of leaving a poor rating. Often I am very quick to reply (unless I'm sleeping and you're in a different time zone) and great to solve any issues. The review system is not meant to be a support channel!

Quick tip... Search and install the app "Quick Shortcut Maker" on google play. Install, then long press on your home screen and select the 1x1 quick shortcut maker widget and drag it on your home screen. Then in the activities tab, scroll down to"wallpaper & themes" and expand it. touch 1st option at the top of the list that doesn't have and upwards arrow. Hit Create" button at the bottom and now you have a themes app shortcut you can place on your desktop!!!

Thank you for your support and enjoy theme!!!

This theme as you can see from the screen previews shows two different styles of Quick Settings icons. This is because I designed both styles and had a tough time deciding on which ones to go with so I decided to make them both. The minimal icons are default. However if you wish to change them simply download the corresponding patch to the style that you want. After you've downloaded the patch, apply the default LG theme. Then install the patch, reboot and reapply the theme then reboot again. You will now see a different style. If you wish to change back the original style you can repeat the above process using the other patch. I've uploaded and clearly labeled both patches. They can be found here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=288986

For dark notifications it takes 5 add-ons patches.
    Hey guys I see that there are some roms coming out for the G7 now. Personally I'm done with rooting and flashing crap constantly and for me it's not needed anymore.

Anyway just a heads up that I do not and will not support any roms stock based or not. If you at any point flash a rom and have issues you're on your own.

I cannot control what people modify from a stock system and due to this I cannot offer support as said modifications can and usually will comprise the integrity of the system.

I ran into this in the past with the G5 and G6 users using a certain LG stock based rom and asked the guy who makes it to mention in his op that some of his changes could affect theme integration. Unfortunately due to his tremendous ego he declined and blamed me even though it was obvious that a theme that worked on stock just fine only gave his users issues.

So just keep this in mind if you use a rootable device!
    Pixel Experience
    zwWRI_FtwAkVuPpf7BNqMmt3oOSRLCZWUJEz2UaKhINQqtdXyyYF6SKXt6OsnjLp-kQ2UktscYXOze7IIbV-gsbSvG4GW2n0GxuxeeE=w1024-h500-rw-no
    This is the Pixel Experience. For those who want to enjoy a lighter theme with minimal, subtle changes that want to be able to set it and forget it without having to worry about constant Google app updates and be able to enjoy the Pixel look. This is for you and you're gonna love it! Like Alpha this theme will be updated regularly and will continue to grow as time goes by. Enjoy the clean and refreshing look and experience the Pixel!!! #WhiteUiMustLive

Now you probably didn't bother to read that crap above so let's just post some screenshots shall we?

AhJSRpJVPeO8A88jNhzduJ2w9kebeZxv9yEHsWxiwtYRVeCGQ-hbQ1bHM4R_MNF0CBy3HTV1AcGmBk4OmaB-bYTY-k2rsdExiSIOCGU=s3000-rw-no
    65hYYMBRywHxIPynNI7D30n2wxp6I1P6V0LwOyzgSPxXt9srfVl_idv3bGf7bIVaItNfLf2ffMjLLRQ4TKptOMXEewPbpQ2Qyh2SOCY=s3000-rw-no

WgzeuWC1CBKeDd3h7-bgDyc2q2azUk-PTBu4VEcbGzREuRTFzj7EiD6wo4mjHCd-QYm3fhzk664iZgiSd2KJYmNSiBhszYBxbQvsZ0k=s3000-rw-no

nSpFV_Ve3jRq9mi4IZPCzpvZh5_DsHyRp1RhmG_CbdLkhBGFfzLmYfm4GMmGOUle3sHiFRcbMBdo5xXURK6_ZY_GB_jeU59C3NJtKD8=s3000-rw-no

81a2rejY3LvIVTKVLBhA2fgs4_ysmr5KuVywOQePzppa7X9OkiJWby4C2TpLaokBCGc5HJf8gcAYJ7BbdJzLECsT8xGkqJWKHMQIbAA=s3000-rw-no

7SNk5KS40HTbjzqnp6s6AnV3zorO_Sxr7ZQ07pW7fKZJmv4pggIn50jT1j6mf0axMsc7iZyC0HBcETmTyeVCGxxVur1LUedjM_d3j0U=s3000-rw-no

tsUGAi0934B7OKVestEHlcw8flBf0ftwJByArc7cuwKWZ0ZhqUDbEAlJNROk2d0UGeMt3bpcVc2bw8ZhA4oupAaoHS4ma5f9NfQTnhE=s3000-rw-no

p_jV-tVs_kV-Uz1u3vqQ0BOm5kNLO9adiyNeFpdYvq4ZvOGQOFHgf8cn2hjBwFJ_xt-IAWBhrjrptD0VqaKRF4ZmhNbLFfRPd64_lTQ=s3000-rw-no