McDonalds App

Search This thread

eg789123

Dec 29, 2014
JHB
Samsung Galaxy S9
still not working, oneplus X onyx POSP android 10,

initially worked, logged in, but then when you try to redeem the code shows the error,
magisk renamed, hidden, but Mcdonalds wont load.

only other solution is loading it on my work phone,
only problem this is a Huawei Y7P, with no Gapps on it,
any way to get it to work on that phone?

NightMean

Mar 31, 2014
Repackaged magisk, added McDonalds app to the blacklist in EdXposed Manager and it fully works :victory:
I didn't add mcdonalds into MagiskHide. Generating coupons also work.

McDonalds app v2.11.0, Android 9 - OnePlus 5 with Magisk 20.04 and EdXposed v0.5.06 YAHFA

Last edited:

Mr. BonG

Sep 19, 2012
Budapest
This workaround worked for me:
-in application manager force stop + delete cache+data in mcdonalds app
-unhide magisk
-enable app list mode in EdExplosed settings
-in EdExposed add to applications (black list) macdonalds app, + google play, +google services, +google framework.
-hide Magisk. (in Magisk not need it to hide mcdonalds app)
-reboot the phone.
-start macdonads app.
In this point the mcdonalds app work fine :), but only once (do not start twice), therefore:
-start titanium backup
-backup mcdonalds app ( if you ask force stop: yes)
And buckup complete, ok.
In the future if you get an error message in mcdonalds app, then:
-stop mcdonalds app and clear cache+data.
-go to titanium backup, and restore the mcdonalds app, but only "Only Data", not the program.
Finish and happy :)

(Samsung S10, Android 10 /with 2020nov security update/, Magisk 21.0, EdXposed v0.5.1.3, mcdonalds v2.13.3)

nooby1411

Jun 7, 2015
This workaround worked for me:
-in application manager force stop + delete cache+data in mcdonalds app
-unhide magisk
-enable app list mode in EdExplosed settings
-in EdExposed add to applications (black list) macdonalds app, + google play, +google services, +google framework.
-hide Magisk. (in Magisk not need it to hide mcdonalds app)
-reboot the phone.
-start macdonads app.
In this point the mcdonalds app work fine :), but only once (do not start twice), therefore:
-start titanium backup
-backup mcdonalds app ( if you ask force stop: yes)
And buckup complete, ok.
In the future if you get an error message in mcdonalds app, then:
-stop mcdonalds app and clear cache+data.
-go to titanium backup, and restore the mcdonalds app, but only "Only Data", not the program.
Finish and happy :)

(Samsung S10, Android 10 /with 2020nov security update/, Magisk 21.0, EdXposed v0.5.1.3, mcdonalds v2.13.3)

Oh I don't have xposed but I also have the S10. Does it also work without exposed?

f.c_dj

Jun 10, 2019
I have the same issue, time to time I try again then I give up.
The question is wth do they have to hide or keep safe? Not even my bank app is so strict 😅

f.c_dj

Jun 10, 2019
Actually hiding Magisk manager in addition to hiding root to McDonald's app worked.
You need to first to enable debug+install from USB in developer options otherwise it won't be able to reinstall the manager.
Obviously the new name shouldn't contain the word magisk otherwise it can be spotted anyway.

semhsp

May 27, 2018
I have a weird problem, my phone isn't rooted anymore and yet I can't open the app. It gives the same error message as if I was rooted. I tried deleting the TWRP folder and also installing and uninstalling the magisk app cleaning all the cache and stuff. I'm a bit stuck actually, I don't know what to do

millo gh

Mar 13, 2021
Egypt
it worked for me after i did that

1.erase phone data and back to original recovery.

2.Re flash TWRP recovery & magisk manager (don't install TWRP app)
don't install lucky patcher.

3.flash universal safetynet fix.zip using magisk or TWRP then reboot your device (i did using TWRP).

Optional.install EdXposed manager (you have to install Riru & EdXposed modules in magisk first).

4.open magisk manager and activate hide magisk from settings.

5.rename package name of magisk from settings in magisk manager to random name.

6.turn off developer options from phone settings (important)

7.install MacDonald's app (dont open it)

8.back to magisk manager then go to magisk hide and check for MacDonald's app to hide root from it.

open EdXposed manager and go for Xposed hide(black) and check for MacDonald's app.

that's it and it worked no root check failed
note: if the app shows an error in the future you have to uninstall any apps that Detects the presence of the root for other applications like lucky patcher ..etc & (some modded apps) also and turn off developer options then reboot your phone done.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GabWas
Apr 2, 2021
Hey, I am using an huawei p40 pro with no root and with Google mobile services (using the method I found here on XDA, thx btw) and I got the same error can someone please help me?

dziugas1959

Jan 22, 2018
After trying everything
i finally found out, what you need:
Hide in „Magisk“
AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DELETED BUSYBOX, AND THE APP
Freaking Busybox is triggering it, which is why for some it works and for some it doesn't

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yes.... just tried also magisk hide... but is always error

I have just flashed fresh stock firmware on my XZ1 Compact and Magisk nothing else. Then in Magisk Manager app i clicked magisk hide so that it reinstalls with different name. Lastly i opened Magisk app again, tapped on the menu icon in the upper left corner, tapped settings and in the Magisk tab(orange text) i turned on "Magisk Hide". The McDonalds app works perfectly fine, Snapchat as well. Both of them are on their latest versions. Make sure you did all that otherwise try to reinstall stock firmware and install only Magisk apart from the apps that did not work.
    How rename ? I use PixelExperience 10,

Go in Magisk Manager's settings, you will see "Hide Magisk Manager" option. ;)
    And you should rename "TWRP" folder in root of your phone memory too ; It can be detected by some apps.
    :)
    Go in Magisk Manager's settings, you will see "Hide Magisk Manager" option. ;)
    And you should rename "TWRP" folder in root of your phone memory too ; It can be detected by some apps.
    :)
    I delete the TWRP folder but is always seen rooted.
    The magiskhide stuff works for my samsung s8 but not for my samsung s10 both running android 9 and passing safetynet which is really weird
    Can someone help me get it working on my samsung s10?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone