MDA Vario II / HTC Hermes / TyTN

Search This thread

jaso2005

apparently so yeh, i rang T-Mobile and they said i dont know a release date for the uk but it has been released in germany so i wouldn't have thought it would be much longer over here.

But then again he could be lying because i have been on the t mobile germany site and its not listed on there anywhere.
i want one to get the flext wnw tariff grrrr

D

Deleted member 265814

It is NOT released here in Germany yet. (There was only a "beta" device on the CeBit 2006.) In a german pdf of the specs of the device is the release date Q3 2006.

Re: MDA Vario II / HTC Hermes

jaso2005 said:
Ive rang t-mob today and they said that they were told a release time of around the end of may, so within the first few weeks of June it should be here - Words from the lovely lady of T-Mobile Business Customer Support :D :D :D :D FINALLY :D

I think she just may make me touch myself inappropriately. Damn T-Mobile girl, I love you!!!

EDIT: How the heck did that work, it replied in a different thread??!?!

jaso2005

Re: MDA Vario II / HTC Hermes

belfast-biker said:
I think she just may make me touch myself inappropriately. Damn T-Mobile girl, I love you!!!

EDIT: How the heck did that work, it replied in a different thread??!?!

LMAO! so in some random thread, you just said you want too touch your self! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT - Ill add you too msn because the forum seems to have come to a stop :roll:

jaso2005

I dont know if this is news, but the T-Mobile website has now taken the MDA Vario off......Maybe because the Vario II is on its way?

EDIT - Just been told its going to be at least October now :( To say im gutted is an under statement. :( :cry:

Buzbe

May 24, 2006
if you look on the CPW site under the Vario 1 it lists it as discontinued...

maybe a call to CPW wouldnt go a miss?

Buzbe

May 24, 2006
Just spoke to t-mobile .. very helpful...

Asked on the release date.. and the reply was...

"ma....... June"

These things are never set in stone - might have to wait for it then - but no official date yet.

D

Deleted member 265814

Device could already be in shops but first they had to make a branding that makes it realy useless :lol:

jaso2005

Well i dunno what to think lads and lasses, each time i call i get a different answer, and it looks like you guys do too. Ive found T-Mobile Small business number to be the best, and by that i mean they actually know the the vario II exsists! lol.

Ill give them another call now and see what response i get :lol:

EDIT - Answer i got was - Its doesnt exsist :roll: But the business line was closed so i had to ring the personal customers line.

Buzbe said:
Spoke to o2...

they have no idea whats going on - as usual.... :cry:

This and the previous post highlight the fact that the front line jobs in these places always seem to be filled with muppets who have no clue about the devices.

It's so sad. I was in O2 sales, and the product knowledge was shockingly bad. How we made sales was beyond me.

D

Deleted member 265814

They are all real n00bs - the guys in the local stores too - normaly they sell mobile phones, they don't even know what a pocket pc is. For those people, a MDA is only a big phone with a big display and no buttons.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When is it going to be released!!!

any one fancy ringing t-mobile again?
    Buzbe - T-Mob doesnt even know what day it is, at the minute they still wont admit that its actually coming out!

Kev - Ive got until 22nd June, just in the vain hope that maybe it would be released by then! And i agree with you about O2, i think i would ring them and just doubley check that they wont cut you off, not that there word means anything but still :roll: :lol:
    I know this has been discussed but not sure if I understood correctly: I switched my number from a monthly contract with 3 onto a PAYG SIM from T-Mobile. If I want to then switch this PAYG number to a monthly contract with T-Mobile will I need to do anything special? Or do I just tell them when I buy it?
    Hi guys

Some background into the issues I've had to date.

Can you guys experienced with WM5 and Phone Edition let me know what you think ....

So far I have SBSH iLauncher, HandyMenu, HandSwitcher, Legato Mahjong, 1-Calc, Phatnotes, PIEPlus in main storage. Avantgo, CO2005, Clearvue Office Pro, CPL6, FW2006, imov Messenger, NewsBreak, Resco Explorer 5.40, Resco PhotoViewer, SBSH Pocket Breeze and Pocket Weather, Skype 2, Sprite 5.1, Tweaks2k2, PI2005, FlexMail 2.2, Cabinstall, Cruxview on the MicroSD.

So far .... have tested everything and it all works (hardware and software) without issues apart from the fright below.

Circa 28 mg of program memory following sof reset
    Circa 22 mg of storage memory

PB is loading PI Calendar / Tasks / Messaging / Phatnotes / Pocket Weather and Resco Plugin.

Regarding the hang on startup (at the Windows Mobile splash screen) ... I've just had another hang.

This time I had turned the device on and it was sitting at the today screen - iLauncher at the top and PB below on the Resco Today plugin.

After 30 mins or so, I looked at it (as you do) and thought it was off .... but it wasn't - the backlight had gone off completely but you could just see the today screen - PB was still showing the Resco Today plugin ... the iLauncher area had become blank and interestingly at the bottom of the screen was a find large files white dialogue box just covering one line on top of the soft button area. The device was completely unresponsive. I even tried to call it from a landline with no response (got voice mail).

In the end I had to soft reset .... and it came back up.

All a bit worrying.

I've never had a Phone Edition or WM5 device before. I'm hoping this is software related - possibly today plugin.

Have any of you guys that have experience with JASJAR, qtek9100 etc seen anything like this before ?

Are they susceptible to instability caused by the multiple comms bits - i.e if phone signal drops off or Wireless signal gets too low or 3G / GPRS signal fluctuates (even if not connected) causing stability issues / hangs ?

I love the TyTN, but at the moment this is a little scary.

Regarding startup ...

First you get the red Vodafone Splash screen with Vodafone written in big white writing across the middle.

After a couple of seconds the backlight comes on full and the two phone buttons light up

After another couple of seconds, the backlight dims a little and then you get a couple of flickers where you seem to very quickly see the white vodafone name or part of it appear briefly at the top of the screen (it still remains static in the middle ....

Finally you get the Windows Mobile screen in blue. Sometimes it sits here for quite a while (on one occasion it appeared to hang here), other times it is only there for a few seconds (as it was before I installed anything on it). Sometimes you get the coloured timer square with turning colour circle in the middle for a while .... sometimes not ....

and then you get your today screen.

It's odd this varies so much .... perhaps it depends on which radios you had active when you switched off.

I will try and hard reset then reinstall bits to see if this is s/w related but if this sounds like symptoms people may have seen with other similar devices .... please let me know.

Paul.
    if i get a vodafone version and use my tmob sim,will i have to reset gprs ,3g etc etc settings each time i switch ?
    (is a dual sim poss)