• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Mdm google pixel 5

Search This thread

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
Best of luck, this is why I don't ever recommend buying surplus enterprise devices for consumer use
Agreed, I've come to learn how risky it is. This was an eBay purchase, and there was no mention of the MDM lock/enterprise ownership in the listing. Fortunately it was a reputable seller with a good return policy, they immediately contacted the previous corporate owner and the MDM lock was removed remotely.

Once I reset the device, the lock was gone and bootloader unlock option was no longer greyed out in developer options. Just unlocked the bl with no issues. Got lucky.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Agreed, I've come to learn how risky it is. This was an eBay purchase, and there was no mention of the MDM lock/enterprise ownership in the listing. Fortunately it was a reputable seller with a good return policy, they immediately contacted the previous corporate owner and the MDM lock was removed remotely.

Once I reset the device, the lock was gone and bootloader unlock option was no longer greyed out in developer options. Just unlocked the bl with no issues. Got lucky.
Nice. First thing I would do if I were you is use the Android Flash Tool to flash the latest factory release. Force flash all partitions and wipe data. You don't want any remnants of the MDM left.

Reactions: betacrypt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best of luck, this is why I don't ever recommend buying surplus enterprise devices for consumer use

MDM meaning Mobile Device Manager?
    Go to Settings > Security > Device Admin Apps, and disable whatever is in there. If that agent was still present after a factory reset I would highly recommend flashing a factory image with the Android Flash Tool, after you've enabled developer options and USB debugging.
    Will try and repport, ty for the reply
    Yeah it mean mobile device manager
    yeah the app is bakeday firmware as you said, there are a bypass trick for android 11 but yesterday i got the ota and i m stuck on set up screen with a google authentification and no workaround to bypass this cheat :(
    Sorry to hear that. That's why I'm very cautious about buying secondhand devices.
    Hi have similar problem with mdm on pixel 4. Any solution?
    Please read this thread. If you buy an enterprise device, it will likely have an MDM app baked into the firmware that you cannot remove without root; unfortunately, root is not possible without unlocking the bootloader, and unlocking the bootloader is not possible if OEM unlocking is not allowed in the ROM.