• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MDZ-16-AB Mi Box 3 - Downgrade to Android 9 help please

Search This thread

supermanscott

Mar 26, 2013
Hi folks

I'm reading the guide on how to downgrade my Mi Box and getting a little stuck.

I can boot into recovery mode fine - that works.
If I turn on USB debugging in the interface, I can adb to the box using USB A to USB A - that works.

I load the firmware image into the USB burning tool, and I start up recovery mode.
I then pull the power out the back and hold down back and ok button and put power back in - all that happens is I get back to the recovery menu again - nothing on the USB burning tool starts up.

I read something about maybe shorting pins inside - Does anyone have any info on this, or is there any other way of applying the firmware?

Thanks everyone

Jul 25, 2021
Hi folks

I'm reading the guide on how to downgrade my Mi Box and getting a little stuck.

I can boot into recovery mode fine - that works.
If I turn on USB debugging in the interface, I can adb to the box using USB A to USB A - that works.

I load the firmware image into the USB burning tool, and I start up recovery mode.
I then pull the power out the back and hold down back and ok button and put power back in - all that happens is I get back to the recovery menu again - nothing on the USB burning tool starts up.

I read something about maybe shorting pins inside - Does anyone have any info on this, or is there any other way of applying the firmware?

Thanks everyone
Follow this guide this is in Russian language.

Jul 25, 2021
I have written guide to downgrade from 9 to 8.