ME301T Touch Firmware

Search This thread

EtoshNL

Jan 31, 2014
After reading the TF300 topic about flashing the firmware of the PCB I maybe found a solution for the ME301T
In the dir /system/etc/firmware/touch I've found the following versions:
0b-00-0009.ekt
0b-01-0009.ekt
0b-03-0006.ekt

Tried all three versions and they all show me a different version in the about tab and all change in a different way how the digitizer reacts, but I still haven't the right one.
One does everything in the opposite way, the other doesn't react and another only reacts on 1/2 of the screen.

So does anyone have other versions?

Attachments

• ME301T_TouchFW.rar
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,096

realkid1231

May 30, 2014
Can you upload screenshots of what you did exactly? My touchscreen sometimes lags randomly. Im trying to fix it somehow. Let me know how to fix it please

vadimbrk

Mar 14, 2013
Tel aviv
masahim.co.il
After reading the TF300 topic about flashing the firmware of the PCB I maybe found a solution for the ME301T
0b-00-0009.ekt
0b-01-0009.ekt
0b-03-0006.ekt

Tried all three versions and they all show me a different version in the about tab and all change in a different way how the digitizer reacts, but I still haven't the right one.
One does everything in the opposite way, the other doesn't react and another only reacts on 1/2 of the screen.

The solution is easy.
You need the PCB to get stuck in bootloader mode, when the firmware is reflashed , the PCB looses the calibration data.
There are two ways to achieve it:
1. The easy way:
-After digitizer replacement DO NOT connect the digitizer flex cable.
-Turn the device on and be ready do disconnect the battery.
When the device boots the PCB will notice "a change" in the digitizer and will try to reflash the firmware. You will see on the screen "updating touch firmware" or something similar.
-As soon you see the percentage gets HIGHER THAN ZERO pull the battery out.
-Connect the digitizer flex.
-Turn the tablet on.
Same as before, when the device boots the PCB will notice "a change" in the digitizer and will try to reflash the firmware. This time, let it finish the process.
-You'll get a perfectly working touchscreen :)
Sometimes the device will not start the updating process by itself. Try to connect/remove the flex cable and reboot. If the firmware update process doesn't start by itself move to the second method.

2. The hard way
-You need to root the device.
-You need to flash the firmware same method as TF300.
adb shell
su
touch_fw_update -u /system/etc/firmware/touch/0b-00-0009.ekt
-You need to brake the updating process as soon the PCB gets to bootloader mode.
When you hit "Enter" you'll see some rows with PCB data and then numbered packets are sent.
-When the first packet is sent you'll see the progress dots ". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ", hit "Control+C" as soon you see it.
-Reboot the device.
-If the device won't update the firmware by itself during boot, repeat the flashing process manually but let the update process to finish this time.
Enjoy :)

Vadim Brook
http://masahim.co.il

gregory_cz

Mar 11, 2015
Solved "low sensitiviy" issue

I'd like to thank Vadimbrk, solved my issue too.

Just to summarize if someone runs to a similar troubles:
ME301T, broken glass, replaced with the same type (5280N FPC-1 REV.4), but after that, the touch screen looked like having very low sensitivity, sometimes not responding to touches, loosing touch when dragging, etc. Practically useless. I have checked all connectors number of times, disconnected display, swithed off wifi, if it could me an EMC issue, no luck.

Not sure why, but the firmware re-flash helped! I wonder if it was that the firmware reflash invoked some autocalibration... no idea, but it works :)

Just exactly as Vadimbrk described (the easy way) I let the digitizer firmware re-flashed and the touch screen (digitizer) started working like charm.

Thanks again!

led93

May 21, 2015
Hi all,
Does this mean that we can now mount a 5235N in place of a 5280N ?
Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

vadimbrk

Mar 14, 2013
Tel aviv
masahim.co.il
You CAN mount a 5235N in place of a 5280N without it.... Just install it and it just works...
You also can mount T01 instead 5280N but its hard to find those this days...

NGRaziel

Aug 21, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Hi, I've installed a 5235 and it doesn't work correctly, tried the steps you mentionned and it doesn't work, any help ?
Note : haven't tried the root method yet...

NGRaziel

Aug 21, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Ok, just kill me, that was it. Wife's laughing at me right now :p
Thanks a lot :D

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Is it just me or is the 5235 extremly sensitive ?
Ok, so, seems it's still not perfect, doesn't seem to record long press, I'm having a hell of a hard time unlocking the device, and to top it all, ghost touches ? :/

vsny

Feb 1, 2008
The solution is easy.
You need the PCB to get stuck in bootloader mode, when the firmware is reflashed , the PCB looses the calibration data.
1. The easy way:
When the device boots the PCB will notice "a change" in the digitizer and will try to reflash the firmware. You will see on the screen "updating touch firmware" or something similar.
-Turn the tablet on.
Same as before, when the device boots the PCB will notice "a change" in the digitizer and will try to reflash the firmware. This time, let it finish the process.
Sometimes the device will not start the updating process by itself. Try to connect/remove the flex cable and reboot. If the firmware update process doesn't start by itself move to the second method.

My touchscreen lags, swiping gets cut off/stutters, and long press fails to work. It's a highly intermittent problem and I've never replaced the digitizer. It started after flashing omnirom. I've reseated the flex cable and it works fine for a few hours. But then it goes back to its old issues for a couple of days.

Do you think I have a firmware problem, or is this some other hardware/software problem. Do you suggest I try this method?

Could my firmware have been corrupted after flashing omnirom?

Just to confirm what you are trying to do: force the unit to wipe the firmware by removing the cable, reconnect the cable and then the unit will flash the correct firmware calibration. Do I have that straight?

vadimbrk

Mar 14, 2013
Tel aviv
masahim.co.il
Just to confirm what you are trying to do: force the unit to wipe the firmware calibration by removing the cable, reconnect the cable and then the unit will flash the correct firmware calibration. Do I have that straight?

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Ok, so, seems it's still not perfect, doesn't seem to record long press, I'm having a hell of a hard time unlocking the device, and to top it all, ghost touches ? :/

Put some padding between the LCD frame and digitizer. Double sided foam or something....

NGRaziel

Aug 21, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Yep, investigating led me to such a solution, but the digitizer broke for some reason, so I gave up, can't afford to buy one again...
Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

vsny

Feb 1, 2008
1. The easy way:

Vadimbrk,
My rom is omnirom.

When I pull the digitizer cable (the wide copper colored flex cable on the top left (holding it upside down backwards)) and turn the device on, I do not get the next step "updating touch firmware" or something similar. It just boots into omnirom. Do I have to reflash the stock rom?

NGRaziel

Aug 21, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Vadimbrk,
My rom is omnirom.

When I pull the digitizer cable (the wide copper colored flex cable on the top left (holding it upside down backwards)) and turn the device on, I do not get the next step "updating touch firmware" or something similar. It just boots into omnirom. Do I have to reflash the stock rom?

Yep, you need the stock rom for the touch firmware to be flashed.

vsny

Feb 1, 2008
So far so good. It took me a couple of tries. I reflashed the stock firmware and didn't realize you need to get to the desktop (it was still asking to choose a language). I figured the recalibration would happen before the os boots.

I following the instructions and reflashed omnirom. So far so good. I haven't used the tablet much, but so far I haven't noticed any touch problems.

Now if I can just fix issues with my SD cards. Every once in a while it will not be recognized.

turalo

Nov 29, 2005
This is an old post, but definetely a saver!!!! thanks allot. just used the first method and it worked. the not working digitizer is working now :)
thanks thanks thanks allot!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0b-00-0009.ekt
    0b-01-0009.ekt
    0b-03-0006.ekt

The solution is easy.
    1. The easy way:
    -Turn the tablet on.

2. The hard way
    -You need to root the device.
    -You need to flash the firmware same method as TF300.
    adb shell
    su
    touch_fw_update -u /system/etc/firmware/touch/0b-00-0009.ekt
    -You need to brake the updating process as soon the PCB gets to bootloader mode.
    When you hit "Enter" you'll see some rows with PCB data and then numbered packets are sent.
    -When the first packet is sent you'll see the progress dots ". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ", hit "Control+C" as soon you see it.
    -Reboot the device.
    -If the device won't update the firmware by itself during boot, repeat the flashing process manually but let the update process to finish this time.
    Enjoy :)

Vadim Brook
    http://masahim.co.il
    Hi, I've installed a 5235 and it doesn't work correctly, tried the steps you mentionned and it doesn't work, any help ?
    Note : haven't tried the root method yet...

You probably installed it wrong....
    Connect the flex upside down....
    Actually, that's what I had originally done :silly:

I don't know what it means but the flex should be inserted with the metal connector pads UP