Meal-time recommendations, again???

Search This thread

Drunkula

Jan 22, 2012
Denton, TX
Some time back my One M8 started showing lunch or meal-time recommendations. I disabled it back then - annoying as hell. Anyhow it came back, again! If I remember correctly the setting to disable was in Blinkfeed settings even though it is probably HTC Lock Screen. Oddly enough I don't even use Blinkfeed (hate it) and I even use Nova launcher instead. Regardless I temporarily switch back to the HTC launcher so I can get to the Blinkfeed settings again. There is an option to disable "interest based ads" or something to that effect. I checked the box and exited settings and went back to Nova launcher.

Sure enough today at lunch time it was showing suggestions again! I hate that! I'll try to get a screenshot of it next time. But is anybody else getting that, too? If so how do I disable that (without resorting to installing a 3rd party ROM)?

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
Some time back my One M8 started showing lunch or meal-time recommendations. I disabled it back then - annoying as hell. Anyhow it came back, again! If I remember correctly the setting to disable was in Blinkfeed settings even though it is probably HTC Lock Screen. Oddly enough I don't even use Blinkfeed (hate it) and I even use Nova launcher instead. Regardless I temporarily switch back to the HTC launcher so I can get to the Blinkfeed settings again. There is an option to disable "interest based ads" or something to that effect. I checked the box and exited settings and went back to Nova launcher.

Sure enough today at lunch time it was showing suggestions again! I hate that! I'll try to get a screenshot of it next time. But is anybody else getting that, too? If so how do I disable that (without resorting to installing a 3rd party ROM)?
You have to disable it in Blinkfeed's settings. This can explain it better than I can.
Turn off the HTC Lock Screen Mealtime Recommendations

Drunkula

Jan 22, 2012
Denton, TX
I already did that. I can only guess that HTC moved the setting to a different place and reenabled it so they can serve ads again. Anyhow I think I found the setting. I grabbed some screenshots and well document it later in case they are bugged by it, like me.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Drunkula

Jan 22, 2012
Denton, TX
Okay here are the screenshots I grabbed. It looks like they may have rearranged the settings a little bit, which led to my confusion. Anyhow I seem to have it straightened out now.

1. There's a picture of the lock screen with a suggestion for Starbucks.
2. Then there is the setting I mistakenly thought was for disabling the lock-screen suggestions - it is the one with Turn off interest based ads. I did check that but that was not it.
3. The one in particular is the one with Mealtime Recommendations. I think that was in a different location before
4. To get to either of those options you have to get into the Blinkfeed settings. Those are under Choose Highlight Topics and Manage Ads

Looking at the link you provided is close but, as I said, they seemed to have done some rearranging. Hope this helps somebody.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-22-14-37-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-22-14-37-29.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Screenshot_2015-12-22-14-41-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-22-14-41-43.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Screenshot_2015-12-22-14-42-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-22-14-42-33.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_2015-12-22-14-43-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-22-14-43-57.jpg