From OTA Update this error:
b5e007c95d96.jpg

From TWRP
9f4e3deb7a4f.jpg

What to do?

Crisal

Oct 7, 2015
Firmware for models with old DVB tuner

Hi, what is the difference between KI_PRO_S905D_VSDVB and KI_PRO_S905D, what exactly changes? and how do you recognize it?

on my mecool KI Pro I have a custom firmware version: SCV1-ATV-A7.1.2-Mecool.KI.PRO, by FreakTab.
I would like to bring it back to the original firmware version and make the latest update with the patches for the DVB tuner and other bugs.
Where can I find them and what process should I follow?

Last edited:

smg04

Nov 28, 2018
Hello.
Can anybody say jf there has been any luck with HDMI CEC feature? I enabled it and it works for some amount of keypresses on TV remote but then it just stops working... If I'm lucky it comes back again but then so fails after some time... Is there any way to fix CEC, like maybe reset it with commands?

Aug 17, 2013
well i took out Android Tvheadend server from vitmod atv 7.2 and used on my KI pro old tuner with last 14.03.2019 firmare it work and open via web boxip:9981 .. attached th server.
what you need to make it always work.
1- use root explorer & copy tvheadend to system/xbin and give permission 0755
2- open the exist script "dtvdata.sh" located at system/bin and add after the first fi at end

you can inject this also as separated sh at init.rc in kernel and also to stop th_dtv apk occupied the tuner.
as the box can support 2 IC2 so you can make copy of the driver at init.amlogic.rc to let tvheadend communicated with it alone.

it my there other way to let it work rather than the way i did... but all up to you

What do you mean by copy driver of IC2, do you mean I2C? I cannot find this driver in init.amlogic.rc?
Can you share with us the modified files? init.amlogic.rc , the created tvheadend init script , and the changes in initrc

Thanks for this really good job :eek:

frake50

May 7, 2009
What do you mean by copy driver of IC2, do you mean I2C? I cannot find this driver in init.amlogic.rc?
Can you share with us the modified files? init.amlogic.rc , the created tvheadend init script , and the changes in initrc

Thanks for this really good job :eek:

yes I2C, sorry it was typo from my side.
the easy way to link it and make copy for it for TVH server as following
make file .sh for example " link_dvbapi.sh " and copy it inside etc with permission 0644
Code:
mkdir -p /dev/dvb
 chmod 777 /dev/dvb
 mkdir -p /dev/dvb/adapter0
 chmod 777 /dev/dvb/adapter0

busybox ln -s /dev/dvb0.frontend0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
 busybox ln -s /dev/dvb0.demux0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
 busybox ln -s /dev/dvb0.dvr0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
 busybox ln -s /dev/dvb0.dsc0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0
 busybox ln -s /dev/dvb0.dsc0/dev/dvb.dsc0

and let this new sh started at every boot to add on the top of exist file " dtvdata.sh " inside bin. with
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

[B][COLOR="Red"]. /system/etc/link_dvbapi.sh[/COLOR][/B]

MARK=/data/data/th.dtv/dtv_user_data/dtv_preferences.xml
DATAMARK=/system/dtv_user_data/dtv_preferences.xml
if [ ! -e $MARK ]; then
if [ -e $DATAMARK ]; then
busybox cp -r /system/dtv_user_data /data/data/th.dtv;
busybox chown system:system /data/data/th.dtv/dtv_user_data;
busybox chmod 777 /data/data/th.dtv/dtv_user_data/*;
fi
fi

and so on you can add any script to let it start at every boot.
Code:
[B][COLOR="Red"]. /location/filename.sh[/COLOR][/B]

Reactions: prof_mastermind

azdekavir

Apr 28, 2017
good dear friend, i was attentive to your job i did exactly the process that says to have the tvheadend server on android tv, but i can't see the tvheadend web configuration.
can you help me? at this moment I have superceleron ATV on the mecool k1 pro, I await your news. thank you

basimo

Mar 15, 2012
hello, I installed the latest firmware 14032019 on my ki pro with old tuner: of course the dtv does not work, I tried to install the dtv fix with twrp, but apparently the file is corrupted!
I tried to downgrade the firmware to that of 30102017, but impossible.
please is there a solution to recover dtv ?! thank you

algdu83

Aug 5, 2016
prodvb.blogspot.fr

basimo

Mar 15, 2012
well, i have my KI with old Tunner and it was on it 2017 firmware, i took KI_PRO_AVL6862-ota-20190314.112408.V0213.zip, factory_update_param.aml, recovery.img from this POST put it on sdcard formatted FAT32 and with needle pressed installed successfully
e
then i installed RootExplorer and make change as i like with some deb loaded apks i dont use them and no need also adds block hosts in etc.., then took the zip of the old tuner from this POST extracted and took out the System , put it on USB then with RootExplorer manual replaced all in place and give right permission.

after that make reset from system. every things work as it should Tuner and last firmware of march 2019

Hi , I installed the latest firmware 14032019 on my ki pro with old tuner: of course the dtv does not work, I tried to install the dtv fix with twrp, but apparently the file is corrupted! Can you please show me how do you extracted the dtv apk from du twrp file.
Many thanks

itisnottaken

Jun 23, 2020
KI PRO Netflix

I'd like to revive my old box (KI PRO) for watching series from Netflix, does this box still support Netflix?

TheChoconut

Apr 1, 2018
yes I2C, sorry it was typo from my side.
the easy way to link it and make copy for it for TVH server as following
make file .sh for example " link_dvbapi.sh " and copy it inside etc with permission 0644
Code:
mkdir -p /dev/dvb
 chmod 777 /dev/dvb
 mkdir -p /dev/dvb/adapter0
 chmod 777 /dev/dvb/adapter0

busybox ln -s /dev/dvb0.frontend0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
 busybox ln -s /dev/dvb0.demux0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
 busybox ln -s /dev/dvb0.dvr0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
 busybox ln -s /dev/dvb0.dsc0 /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0
 busybox ln -s /dev/dvb0.dsc0/dev/dvb.dsc0

and let this new sh started at every boot to add on the top of exist file " dtvdata.sh " inside bin. with
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

[B][COLOR="Red"]. /system/etc/link_dvbapi.sh[/COLOR][/B]

MARK=/data/data/th.dtv/dtv_user_data/dtv_preferences.xml
DATAMARK=/system/dtv_user_data/dtv_preferences.xml
if [ ! -e $MARK ]; then
if [ -e $DATAMARK ]; then
busybox cp -r /system/dtv_user_data /data/data/th.dtv;
busybox chown system:system /data/data/th.dtv/dtv_user_data;
busybox chmod 777 /data/data/th.dtv/dtv_user_data/*;
fi
fi

and so on you can add any script to let it start at every boot.
Code:
[B][COLOR="Red"]. /location/filename.sh[/COLOR][/B]

I tried doing this, but fsr I do not have the frontend available.
Code:
ls /dev | grep dvb
returns
Code:
dvb0.demux0
dvb0.demux1
dvb0.demux2
dvb0.dsc0
dvb0.dsc1
dvb0.dvr0
dvb0.dvr1
dvb0.dvr2
dvb0.net0
dvb0.net1
dvb0.net2
Is there something more I'm required to do to get dvb0.frontend0? Can I even get it somehow?

targa

hi, I have KI pro with following symptoms:

* HDMI signal is (most times) not recognized by screen/tv, in /sys/class/hdmi I can see that the screen was deteced by the box.
* first thing, I would perform a firmware upgrade: can I do it without screen, only from ssh ? or is it performed automatically

topper question: how do I determine whether I have the old or new DVB chip ?

Crisal

Oct 7, 2015
Hello hello, it's been some time but I always have this tvbox still working, I was just wondering if it was possible to connect an IC sat adapter via usb, to insert a Cam and its sat tivu card to be able to watch satellite channels in peace without each time enter a free cccam code and have connected the internet.
Will it be possible to do it?

Top Liked Posts