• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

wmccann2

Jun 12, 2008
Hi,

Recently received above unit for my 2006 RS4. everything is great (much better then the M400 I had before) apart from the radio. It seemed to work for the first 2 days, then worked intermittently and now not at all.

I have tried everything, including a firmware update from the seller (turned out to only update the bluetooth - everything else stayed on the same version numbers).

I can't get into the recovery (just get a fallen over android with "no command") so can't clear the cache's (on the off chance it is related to this).

My gut is that it is hardware related! Any thoughts? BTW, everything else works fine. The unit was getting very hot so I installed a fan and removed the amp chip (on the off chance this was causing my issue) but it did not help - btw, only removed this over the last few days as a last ditch attempt.

Thanks,

W.

BTW, everything else works fine. The unit was getting very hot so I installed a fan and removed the amp chip (on the off chance this was causing my issue) but it did not help - btw, only removed this over the last few days as a last ditch attempt.

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
There apparently are three types of radio module for these units. Navifly for my model advertised the higher quality NXP6686 tuner module but I did not end up receiving a unit with that module. But the module in my unit, the TDA7708 is almost as good as picking up and holding a signal. https://www.st.com/en/automotive-infotainment-and-telematics/tda7708.html

I base this on a simple test of manually tuning to an FM station approximately 100km from me. On my original unit, the signal was constant with a little static. With the new unit, the signal is of the same quality but occasionally falls of a cliff and there is silence for a second or so and then the signal resumes.

Attached are the specs of my unit. What are your specs?

Attachments

• About Device Navifly 7862.jpg
    About Device Navifly 7862.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 599
  • System Info Navifly 7862.jpg
    System Info Navifly 7862.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 597
  • About Device 2 Navifly 7862.jpg
    About Device 2 Navifly 7862.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 600
Last edited:

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
I just ordered the Mekede 7862 6/128 Qled. Navifly and Mekede is same company so I expect the units to be identical.
I want to use the head units mobile data connection, so I need a new sim card...
Cheapest option would be to get an extra sim card sharing data with the sim in my phone. This extra sim would be data only but I figure I would BT from my phone for voice calls anyway.
So would there be any problems with a sim card that is data only?

Olgers

Jan 24, 2011
I just ordered the Mekede 7862 6/128 Qled. Navifly and Mekede is same company so I expect the units to be identical.
I want to use the head units mobile data connection, so I need a new sim card...
Cheapest option would be to get an extra sim card sharing data with the sim in my phone. This extra sim would be data only but I figure I would BT from my phone for voice calls anyway.
So would there be any problems with a sim card that is data only?
Hello Allan, my name is Rob from The Netherlands and quite new on this forum.
I just read that you ordered a Mekede 7862 6/128 Qled. My plans are also to buy the same unit for my Peugeot 508, either from TPXINXIN, TomoStrong or Navifly.
Apart from difference in price and QLED (Navifly) or IPS screen, they all same to have the same specs.
I also read somewhere about MTCD and FYT, the latter being better in bluetooth connection.
Do you know anything about this?
Will you post your experience on XDA after you’ve installed the Mekede?
Thanks and good luck,
Regards,
Rob

andrestnf

Sep 24, 2015
Hola Allan, mi nombre es Rob de los Países Bajos y soy bastante nuevo en este foro.
Acabo de leer que ordenó un Qled Mekede 7862 6/128. Mis planes también son comprar la misma unidad para mi Peugeot 508, ya sea de TPXINXIN, TomoStrong o Navifly.
Aparte de la diferencia de precio y la pantalla QLED (Navifly) o IPS, todos son iguales para tener las mismas especificaciones.
También leí en algún lugar sobre MTCD y FYT, este último es mejor en la conexión bluetooth.
¿Sabes algo sobre esto?
¿Publicará su experiencia en XDA después de haber instalado Mekede?
Gracias y buena suerte,
Saludos,
Robar
lo tengo instalado en el coche, con todo su cableado y funciona al 100%.

bluemask69

Dec 6, 2012
Hope this will be the main thread of Navifly/Mekede 7862 . Is possible to have in the first post all links to update fw and other tricks as Teyes CC3 thread ?

bluemask69

Dec 6, 2012
There apparently are three types of radio module for these units. Navifly for my model advertised the higher quality NXP6686 tuner module but I did not end up receiving a unit with that module. But the module in my unit, the TDA7708 is almost as good as picking up and holding a signal. https://www.st.com/en/automotive-infotainment-and-telematics/tda7708.html

I base this on a simple test of manually tuning to an FM station approximately 100km from me. On my original unit, the signal was constant with a little static. With the new unit, the signal is of the same quality but occasionally falls of a cliff and there is silence for a second or so and then the signal resumes.

Attached are the specs of my unit. What are your specs?
My new Navifly 7862 FYT unit was installed in my car yesterday. My mcu FYT is same as yours (except date 19.11.2020) .
Great sound (linked in optical to my DSP) , great QLED Panel and great superfaster GPS connection. I'm very very satisfied about this radio except 2 things:

- the launcher is very bad (similar to Android 9 launcher of MTCE units). I can't understand why the launcher after boot show ever sound settings panel (i need ever to tap "home" icon). Is possible to change this launcher?
- I can't find how to silence tap sound

thanks for help

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
My new Navifly 7862 FYT unit was installed in my car yesterday. My mcu FYT is same as yours (except date 19.11.2020) .
Great sound (linked in optical to my DSP) , great QLED Panel and great superfaster GPS connection. I'm very very satisfied about this radio except 2 things:

- the launcher is very bad (similar to Android 9 launcher of MTCE units). I can't understand why the launcher after boot show ever sound settings panel (i need ever to tap "home" icon). Is possible to change this launcher?
- I can't find how to silence tap sound

thanks for help
In the settings (it might be in the factory settings. Use pin 3368 for the factory settings access) there is an option to launch Navi software but you can actually choose any app to launch on start up. Find that setting and change whatever is launching to something else and test the result. Then report back.

It is possible to change the launcher in the factory settings (again, I think it is located in factory settings). There are 5 or 6 options of default launcher. I choose not to use any of them and simply choose the Microsoft Launcher. But there are other car specific launchers that you can download. You can use any launcher that you like using on your phone, too.

Silence for tapping screen is in the settings somewhere. I might have gone into the Pure Android settings to turn it off. I really can't remember any more.

In Microsoft Launcher, there is a link to open the pure Android settings. There are other more complex ways to get there, though.

Also make sure you switch on the setting that allows the radio to go into sleep mode or you might find yourself with a flat battery one day.

Reactions: bluemask69

bluemask69

Dec 6, 2012
In the settings (it might be in the factory settings. Use pin 3368 for the factory settings access) there is an option to launch Navi software but you can actually choose any app to launch on start up. Find that setting and change whatever is launching to something else and test the result. Then report back.

It is possible to change the launcher in the factory settings (again, I think it is located in factory settings). There are 5 or 6 options of default launcher. I choose not to use any of them and simply choose the Microsoft Launcher. But there are other car specific launchers that you can download. You can use any launcher that you like using on your phone, too.

Silence for tapping screen is in the settings somewhere. I might have gone into the Pure Android settings to turn it off. I really can't remember any more.

In Microsoft Launcher, there is a link to open the pure Android settings. There are other more complex ways to get there, though.

Also make sure you switch on the setting that allows the radio to go into sleep mode or you might find yourself with a flat battery one day.
thanks for tricks Lud but i dont' know if the option to change launcher is named "Dianshang" as in the screenshot here

Attachments

• Cattura.JPG
    Cattura.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 273

Danielalka

May 16, 2021
Hola,

Recientemente recibí la unidad anterior para mi RS4 2006. todo es genial (mucho mejor que el M400 que tenía antes) aparte de la radio. Pareció funcionar durante los primeros 2 días, luego funcionó de forma intermitente y ahora no funcionó en absoluto.

Lo intenté todo, incluida una actualización de firmware del vendedor (resultó que solo actualizaba el bluetooth; todo lo demás se mantuvo en los mismos números de versión).

No puedo entrar en la recuperación (solo tengo un androide caído sin "comando") así que no puedo borrar el caché (en la remota posibilidad de que esté relacionado con esto).

¡Mi instinto es que está relacionado con el hardware! ¿Alguna idea? Por cierto, todo lo demás funciona bien. La unidad se estaba calentando mucho, así que instalé un ventilador y quité el chip del amplificador (en la remota posibilidad de que esto estuviera causando mi problema) pero no ayudó, por cierto, solo lo eliminé en los últimos días como un último intento.

Gracias,

W.

Por cierto, todo lo demás funciona bien. La unidad se estaba calentando mucho, así que instalé un ventilador y quité el chip del amplificador (en la remota posibilidad de que esto estuviera causando mi problema) pero no ayudó, por cierto, solo lo eliminé en los últimos días como un último intento.

lo tengo instalado en el coche, con todo su cableado y funciona al 100%.

Does anyone know how to disable the reversing camera? I do not have a camera nor will I install it

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
i dont' know if the option to change launcher is named "Dianshang" as in the screenshot here
That looks like it. Click on it and you will get other options. I did find a way to choose the launcher through Android settings. Can't remember exactly. Probably through choosing default launcher or similar.

As for update of firmware, I am not sure but it would probably be by loading the .bin onto a USB drive and having it plugged in to the correct USB port before cold boot of the head unit.

Personally, I have no intention of updating. My unit works and I don't want to have to learn workarounds for new potential bugs.

I'd be interested to know if you do update successfully, though.

Danielalka

May 16, 2021
Does anyone know how to disable the reversing camera? I do not have a camera nor will I install it.

when I put the gear in reverse, the screen goes black and the music cuts out.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I have no manual. Is there no way to do it without cutting wires?
I don't have a uis7862 unit, but all my previous sofia, px5 and sc9853i FYT units needed this. It is/was very clear in the A4 with installation instructions.
The cable connections on a NaviFly/Medeke are different from the cable beam of a Joying. But as it is a FYT unit I expect exactly the same approach.

Did you already ask the reseller?

Danielalka

May 16, 2021
No tengo manual. ¿No hay forma de hacerlo sin cortar cables?

No tengo una unidad uis7862, pero todas mis unidades FYT sofia, px5 y sc9853i anteriores necesitaban esto. Está / estaba muy claro en el A4 con instrucciones de instalación.
Las conexiones de cable en un NaviFly / Medeke son diferentes de las del haz de cable de un Joying. Pero como es una unidad FYT, espero exactamente el mismo enfoque.

¿Ya le preguntaste al revendedor?
I had the px3 and it was disabled from the settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You mentioned 3 floating buttons. I've reset my Navifly 7862 to factory and now have a floating button that brings up some shortcuts in a square when I tape it. I can move the button around the screen, but can't find how to get rid of it. Would you know how I can hide this buttons ?
    I fix it
    3 footings buttons
    1 - from app named nexai voice or nexai+
    Go in this app you must see settings named floating buttons check out
    It's in the main factory settings page (pin 3368). IIRC, there's two settings. One to fully mute, and another to reduce volume.
    I can't found IIRC menu... What is the meaning of IIRC?
    AFAIK, IIRC stands for "If I remember/recall correctly"

oh yes: AFAIK means As Far As I Know ;)
    I can't found IIRC menu... What is the meaning of IIRC?
    Options\General\Mute audio when reversing=off
    @MMAPL see the post on the previous page:

I gave it a shot for a few days but ultimately went back to HUR for wireless AA. Low resolution and permanent light mode is rough.

note I ended up doing a full wipe because of random issues with the old data + upgrade
    From MTCD, to FYT - moving to the dark side :)

I brought two M600 units (fyt = 116 Mekede) received a couple of days ago.

As part of the sale, the reseller sent me 'upgrade' Android 11 files.

These turned out to be nothing less than a prop script, which set build type =11 - switching on fake Android 11.

Initial thoughts.
    While I am yet to install in the vehicle's, the devices themselves are much better looking, better/brighter displays and faster than the PX5 MTCD devices I have been hardware developing.

They're also more resilient to messing around with image files and alot easier to recover.

Device configurations and customisations such as volume dependant speed, a real equalizer multiple launchers make for a much better experience so far. Hoping the Audio side is just as good.

Will post back.
    I have no manual. Is there no way to do it without cutting wires?
    I don't have a uis7862 unit, but all my previous sofia, px5 and sc9853i FYT units needed this. It is/was very clear in the A4 with installation instructions.
    The cable connections on a NaviFly/Medeke are different from the cable beam of a Joying. But as it is a FYT unit I expect exactly the same approach.

Did you already ask the reseller?
    I purchased a Joying 7862 10.5 inch head unit, because I read that the Navifly/Mekede ones do not sent the proper low-level line output signals the amplifier(s). I discovered that Joying's firmware does not allow making hands-free phone calls using Google Assistant. When I give the voice command "Hey Google, call mom", it responds with "I'm not able to make calls yet". Has anyone has been able to make this work with the Navify/Mekede head units? I asked some resellers and they said that I can pay $15 more for "Voice software" that will allow Google Assistant to work. Is this true?

I have 2 weeks to return my Joying for a refund, which I'm now considering. I contacted Joying support directly, and they responded that since I bought it on AliExpress I should contact my seller for support. When I asked the seller about the issue, they told me to install a firmware update dated 2021.7.5 to see if that solves it, but the result was the same. I regret spending so much more on a Joying brand and getting bad support.
    Google says "I'm not able to make calls yet" because google believes our headunit is a tablet. If you set minimum width=400 in developer settings google will try to make the call.
    On my unit width=400 caused other problems so I immediately returned to stock width.
    Regarding the paid voice software: It is not google but an inferior Chinese voice app. It doesn't support my native language so I can't use it for navigation. Voice calls sort of works but I have to pronounce the contact name in english.
    @MMAPL see the post on the previous page:

I gave it a shot for a few days but ultimately went back to HUR for wireless AA. Low resolution and permanent light mode is rough.

note I ended up doing a full wipe because of random issues with the old data + upgrade
    Can you disable it in the Factory Settings? I recall some settings / options regarding the rear camera. Factory pin is 3368