General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
@Excessed Questions:
  • Did you just install the head unit?
  • Did you install it or did you have it installed by an installer?
  • Did this just start happening, was it always like this or did you just notice now and/or made calls and just noticed?
  • Do you have an amplifier or are the speakers wired directly to the head unit?
  • Did you compare the vehicle harness and the head unit wiring diagram with the schematics for you car to confirm speaker front/rear connections?
The issue with the phone call sound only coming from the rear speaker sounds familiar. I think I've read something similar to this before. I tried searching on several forums but couldn't find anything. If I remember correctly, the phone call audio should only be coming from the front speakers, by default. If I'm remembering correctly, in the 1 or 2 posts I read about this, it sounded like the speaker wiring had been mixed up and the front and rear speaker wires were mixed up and after the wiring was corrected the voice audio was coming from the front. Don't know if that's the actual problem or your actual problem...can't find the previous posts.

Don't know how easy it is to test this out without taking the head unit out. It would depend on:
  • if the speakers are wired directly to the head unit
  • if you have Canbus and it's involved in delivering audio somehow
  • if you have an amplifier
You can using the equalizer settings to only have audio coming from front or rear and see what happens.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
The issue with the phone call sound only coming from the rear speaker sounds familiar. I think I've read something similar to this before. I tried searching on several forums but couldn't find anything. If I remember correctly, the phone call audio should only be coming from the front speakers, by default. If I'm remembering correctly, in the 1 or 2 posts I read about this, it sounded like the speaker wiring had been mixed up and the front and rear speaker wires were mixed up and after the wiring was corrected the voice audio was coming from the front. Don't know if that's the actual problem or your actual problem...can't find the previous posts.
I have the same remembrance, but don't know where it was either. I think on 4pda where I stumbled somehow onto it, but even if you use Google translate to translate your search words to Russian, it does not always work when trying to find "things" back.

andi_n

Dec 29, 2010
After some days playing with my FYT 7862UIS / Type 116 I found follow problems:
  • IGO navigation no sound
  • DAB+ no signal or constant interruption while driving
  • at the bluetooht app I can't see caller name and can't download my contacts.
For the IGO problem I opened a new thread.

For DAB+ problem I don't know if is a hardware or software problem.
I ordered the DAb+ usb dongle toghter with head unit at the Mekede shop.
It's a DTR-100, the antena is at the right window position and the cuper part is fixed to metal.

As far as I am now informed, it is not possible to change the bluetooth app?

But of course there also some posivte points.
I bought this Mekede 500 because it comes with installation set for my Citroen C5 2009.
Including canbus adapter and casing for the head unit.
The integration into the C5 works well without having gone into depth so far.
The parking sensors are working and most other functions also.
Because of the antenna connector I had to cut a little the casing.

At the end of the day, installation is not very difficult, but without a little experience and knowledge, it is also not easy.

I am sure that I will need more help from this great forum to get the system running like I want.

I am considering if I want to try the mod software from the 4pda forum.

nikolaus2007

Jan 28, 2011
I also want to buy the navifly 7862.
But maybe someone can answer my questions:
I've got the CD Player in the glove box on the right side (co-driver).
Would need a longer cable or not (because I think the quadlock plug is there and not long enough to get to the middle)?
Maybe someone has mounted the Navifly with that configuration?

Can I use my original microphone (VW)? Or is that inside of the original radio?

Thanks

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I also want to buy the navifly 7862.
But maybe someone can answer my questions:
I've got the CD Player in the glove box on the right side (co-driver).
Would need a longer cable or not (because I think the quadlock plug is there and not long enough to get to the middle)?
Maybe someone has mounted the Navifly with that configuration?

Can I use my original microphone (VW)? Or is that inside of the original radio?

Thanks
No, you don't need a longer cable., you need to move it from right to left.
An external microphone is delivered with every unit and if you taper off the internal microphone contacts, it works quite well.
The original microphone might not be possible, but look for yourself.

Why don't you search on Youtube?

Reactions: nikolaus2007

nikolaus2007

Jan 28, 2011
No, you don't need a longer cable., you need to move it from right to left.
An external microphone is delivered with every unit and if you taper off the internal microphone contacts, it works quite well.
The original microphone might not be possible, but look for yourself.

Why don't you search on Youtube?

Indeed I tried to search exactly "Navifly 7862 Golf 7" on YT and didn't find anything like the 1st one you posted. Thank you

Last edited:

m00n61

Feb 13, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
After some days playing with my FYT 7862UIS / Type 116 I found follow problems:
  • IGO navigation no sound
  • DAB+ no signal or constant interruption while driving
  • at the bluetooht app I can't see caller name and can't download my contacts.
For iGo you need to change the audio output channel in sys.txt
Under [android] section, add a line
navigation_audio_stream = value
Valid values are:
;STREAM_VOICE_CALL - Value: 0
;STREAM_SYSTEM - Value: 1
;STREAM_RING - Value: 2
;STREAM_MUSIC - Value: 3
;STREAM_ALARM - Value: 4
;STREAM_NOTIFICATION - Value: 5
;STREAM_BLUETOOTH - Value: 6
;STREAM_DTMF - Value: 8

For the BT app, in order to be able to download contacts you need to give this permission on the phone.

mkb_1989

Dec 29, 2013
Does the external microphone work directly or there is setting to choose the source between enternal and external.

_Trolk_

Jan 30, 2020
Muzyka: być może.
Radio FM: Nie. We wszystkich tych jednostkach radio jest kontrolowane przez MCU posiadającego własne firmware. A te firmware MCU jest różne na modelach FYT kontra jednostek MTCD/E kontra jednostek TS8/9/10 (i tak dalej). Aplika radiowa FM na każdej jednostce jest po prostu interfejsem graficznym dającym polecenia do MCU i odbierania danych. Nie ma bezpośredniej interakcji na chip FM.
W przeciwieństwie do aplikacji DAB+ , które bezpośrednio "rozmawiają" z sprzętem w dongle powyżej USB.

Ale można by zmodować składkę aplikacji FYT na Medeke. ;)
Hello,
I bought a Mekede M300S uis7862 - What to do to make the RDS text larger and display the FM radio station logos?

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Hello,
I bought a Mekede M300S uis7862 - What to do to make the RDS text larger and display the FM radio station logos?
Try NavRadio+ app ;)

Reactions: Gaugamela

_Trolk_

Jan 30, 2020
I have two questions
1. If I am dialing a number on my phone and I have any application running other than the home screen, a small connection window appears at the bottom of the screen and I can still use the last application during the call. However, if I select the number from the application in the car, I cannot change the application to other than bluetooth during the call.
Is it possible to easily change the setting of the bluetooth application so that during the conversation you can switch to the home screen or other application?
2. Is it possible to disable the top notification bar on the home screen? (I use ui29 and I want it to be like ui17)

spludgey

Aug 21, 2008
I just receiving my M500S, but I've got a few questions, as there was zero documentation included.
IMG_20220125_133959_edit_28514144446689.jpg
This has "brake" and "IR". Obviously I know what the brake is, but how is this input relevant to the head unit?
IR? Infrared receiver? If so, not relevant for me.
Also what are those two circled things? Antennae of some sort?

IMG_20220125_133702_edit_28357261949838.jpgIMG_20220125_133627.jpg
This "back". What does it do? The wiring harness would be i30 specific, but up the top I'm showing where it is on the plug. Edit: "Back" seems to be reverse.

IMG_20220125_133901_edit_28429551625348.jpg
RX and TX. Is this canbus related (not applicable to my car)?

And just because there weren't enough questions yet (😉), does anyone know if I can use the 360° camera system with this? Also, can I use either simcard slot?

Last edited:

Matt89s

Jun 17, 2016
So you already tried the modded firmware from tyuktha?
Other pros/cons?

Hi surfer63 have you already had pleasure to help me in the past on this post for canbus problems on navifly uis7862 FYT=1 on Golf 7. 5

I wanted to update you about the reply above, I have installed the FYT=1 Android 10.0_UIS7862_with360_AQUAUI_TOPPAL_UI17401_UI3_20211120_TAN version of tyuktha.

I have to say it fares much better than navifly's previous stock firmware. The modified firmware has a teyes CC3-style navigation bar, has the back, home and recent app keys on the left, and instead on the right appears volume, gps status, date and charge status of bluetooth device and, if necessary, external temperature (if activated on canbus settings).

The graphical interface has improved, especially in the home screen, navigator widgets, music app widgets and radio app widgets appear with icons of a soft green color.

The radio app has been purged of the AM part, somehow it is also possible to download the station logos from the network by correctly selecting the city name from the RDS.

Now by selecting the bluetooth app, the audio of the radio or other apps is no longer interrupted but only stops when you actually make a phone call.

The microphone now in the phone call is clearer for the listener.

However, I am not using the graphical interface of the mod firmware, so I had to adapt the config.txt to the Agama launcher that I am happy with, also I have correctly installed NavRadio+ and I have set the steering wheel control button through your very useful App FytHWOneKwy radio to NavRadio+ and works perfectly.

Also I mixed the above firmware with core 2021-12-07_System_1638860547 and updated MCU MCU NOR 20211009.

On this firmware there is a carlink app that featured the wireless android auto function.

But it didn't work on my HU maybe because of the incompatibility of my phone (with android 10) because android auto wireless requires installed on android 11 or higher smartphone. The carlink app then crashed.
At that point I replaced the carlink app with a previous one with wired android auto and everything works.

I have successfully replaced the bootanimation, the boot logo and everything works fine.

The only problems that remain are the ones I already had before installing the firmware: D

An issue with the aftermarket steering wheel controls of a one button clashing with another on each reboot from deep sleep and the RAISE decoder canbus box having issues:
choosing canbus supplier other than RAISE (XP or HW) does not share 100% the information of the car but with correct MFA language.

Or by selecting the correct RAISE canbus and sharing the information but at each restart it changes the MFA language to English.

That's all at the moment, I hope it will be useful to someone with Golf 7.5 and UIS7862 FYT=1 owners

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Now by selecting the bluetooth app, the audio of the radio or other apps is no longer interrupted but only stops when you actually make a phone call.

The microphone now in the phone call is clearer for the listener.

However, I am not using the graphical interface of the mod firmware, so I had to adapt the config.txt to the Agama launcher that I am happy with, also I have correctly installed NavRadio+ and I have set the steering wheel control button through your very useful App FytHWOneKwy radio to NavRadio+ and works perfectly.

Also I mixed the above firmware with core 2021-12-07_System_1638860547 and updated MCU MCU NOR 20211009.
Bluetooth: It is not clear to me yet, how he did that.

Microphone:
The default FYT firmwares use in config.txt:
Code:
persist.btmic.gain=7
persist.btspk.gain=7

Tyukta uses:
Code:
persist.sys.zlink.mic.vol=9.9
persist.audio.mic.senstivity=1
persist.btmic.gain=10
persist.btspk.gain=7
That obviously gives a clearer sound.

The core 6351_1.zip is actually universal (for FYT uis7862 units that is). If that is 100% true I don't know, but so far it is.
Modifications can be for screens in the config.txt: standard, Tesla style, etcetera
MCU firmware is definitely not universal.
The AllAppUpdate.bin is reseller dependent (ro.build.fytmanufacturer=<xyz> and sometimes sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=<x>). And in some cases the "non-standard" resolutions require other apps, because the FYT apps are terribly built and not according Android auto-size rules.

Tyukta has a lot of firmwares for the several reseller ids, but I think it can be done in one script. Check the reseller id and in the lsec script do a "sed" action to update to the correct reseller id. But I am still waiting for my unit to arrive, so I can't test.

Aksuli

Mar 17, 2014
I have a problem with my Mekede uis7862 unit on my 2008 Mazda 6 with Raise MZD-RZ-05 canbus adapter.

I can't make my car's info display to show average fuel consumption or km to empty like I could with stock media unit. I can only make it to display clock and current fuel consumption using "Car info" application that was pre-installed on the unit.

Also I can't make it to show 24 hour clock, only 12 hour clock (24 hour is used in my country).

Steering wheel controls work fine and the info display shows correctly "music" when playing music etc.

I have tried to search for information if I have wrong canbus adapter, but I'm pretty sure it's the correct one. Now I'm thinking if it is related to the firmware or "Car info" application.

Could installing other manufacturer's firmware or some modded firmware help with this issue? Or is there possibly an updated version of this "Car info" app? Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

slinbin

Jan 18, 2012
I'm confused !

1. Not being satisfied with WiFi reception I'm wondering if it is possible to change the antenna, but the small build-in antenna does not seem to come off, anyone know if it is fixed to the PCB or exchangeable ?

2. In the bottom of the device there is a slot that appear to be for a SD card, the specification states there are no SD-card slots, so far I have not dared trying it out as I risk dropping the card into the PCB enclosure), anyone got some info to share about this port ?

7862.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    I finally received my Mekede uis7862 unit for my Octavia 2015, but it doesn't fit correctly. It needs to be pushed in and "click" tight. That is the system VW/Skoda/Seat/Audi use after 2013. That doesn't work and therefore it can easily fall out of the dashboard.
    I did a test drive this afternoon and as such the unit functions fine, but the fact that it is completely loose and can fall out of the dash is an extreme annoyance after having waited so long.

EDIT: And the 5GHz WiFi reception is a big deception. I have to park my car almost inside my nearest WiFi Mesh AP, while I have a perfect MESH WiFi network.
    even if in the description it says QLED ... talking to Mekede and Navifly sellers they tell me it is no longer Qled now, only IPS

Update: in Alibaba chat operators Mekede and Navifly say that the "7862" model declared as Qled is actually no longer Qled but only IPS ... while the M600S or M700S models declared as IPS can actually become QLED with the addition of $ 5
    I doubt there ever have been any true QLED units.