General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

halloj

Jun 1, 2008
I'm confused !

1. Not being satisfied with WiFi reception I'm wondering if it is possible to change the antenna, but the small build-in antenna does not seem to come off, anyone know if it is fixed to the PCB or exchangeable ?

2. In the bottom of the device there is a slot that appear to be for a SD card, the specification states there are no SD-card slots, so far I have not dared trying it out as I risk dropping the card into the PCB enclosure), anyone got some info to share about this port ?

View attachment 5521535
#2 is for a sim-card.

Reactions: slinbin

slinbin

Jan 18, 2012
#2 is for a sim-card.
Oh, I see,
So that is a second SIM ?
as there is already one in the harness (have not tested that yet)
SIM.jpg

CaliBurr

May 14, 2021
Bluetooth: It is not clear to me yet, how he did that.

Microphone:
The default FYT firmwares use in config.txt:
Code:
persist.btmic.gain=7
persist.btspk.gain=7

Tyukta uses:
Code:
persist.sys.zlink.mic.vol=9.9
persist.audio.mic.senstivity=1
persist.btmic.gain=10
persist.btspk.gain=7
That obviously gives a clearer sound.

The core 6351_1.zip is actually universal (for FYT uis7862 units that is). If that is 100% true I don't know, but so far it is.
Modifications can be for screens in the config.txt: standard, Tesla style, etcetera
MCU firmware is definitely not universal.
The AllAppUpdate.bin is reseller dependent (ro.build.fytmanufacturer=<xyz> and sometimes sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=<x>). And in some cases the "non-standard" resolutions require other apps, because the FYT apps are terribly built and not according Android auto-size rules.

Tyukta has a lot of firmwares for the several reseller ids, but I think it can be done in one script. Check the reseller id and in the lsec script do a "sed" action to update to the correct reseller id. But I am still waiting for my unit to arrive, so I can't test.
Wait this disables the internal mic? I went through the trouble of installing an external mic on my FYT UIS7862 from "HengCheng" it is the model Pro s9. I am having the issue where audio comes from both microphones and previous threads said you had to open the unit and disconnect the wires. Also interested to know how to disable the Bluetooth bar from preventing navigating apps during a call, and to continue playing audio from an app before actually dialing someone.
The manufacturer has stopped responding, and only gave me an update once to get Google login working... could I install another firmware package and system apps? Where could I locate these if so?

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
Code:
#test
ro.sf.swrotation=90
sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=0
syu.voicefloat=false
syu.voicehint=false
persist.syu.voicehint=false
persist.btmic.gain=8
persist.btspk.gain=7
sys.fyt.ec_version=6
persist.lsec.carlink.apband=0
persist.fyt.zh_frontview_enable=false
ro.fyt.launcher=com.android.launcher6

ro.fyt.splitscreen=0
persist.launcher.packagename=com.google.android.apps.maps

Here is the stock config.txt with bluetooth type set to 0. Noticed it has a few more settings than the generic one from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-ram-32gb-flash.3897206/page-81#post-81968231
and the one in the rom provided earlier.

I'm thinking of adding a fan next time I take apart the dash to pull the headunit. Using some pictures (like https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...b-ram-64gb-flash.4168069/page-7#post-83808235) of similar units as reference. Is that a 40mm fan? Do our units already have a fan header that is temperature controlled? Otherwise I guess I could just tap the acc / usb
Where exactly is this config.txt stored? I have a Config.txt stored in my "main storage' / SD card. My config.txt file only has one line and that line is
bt# my BT name for my head unit # then my PIN for BT pairing.

Is this the config.txt where I can add some lines for MIC gain and other things that you note.

With your heading #test, should that be called "code" or some other heading? I am really basic at this stuff but I would like to see if I can get better Mic response.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Where exactly is this config.txt stored? I have a Config.txt stored in my "main storage' / SD card. My config.txt file only has one line and that line is
bt# my BT name for my head unit # then my PIN for BT pairing.

Is this the config.txt where I can add some lines for MIC gain and other things that you note.

With your heading #test, should that be called "code" or some other heading? I am really basic at this stuff but I would like to see if I can get better Mic respo
config.txt is in /oem/app, just like fyt.prop

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
config.txt is in /oem/app, just like fyt.prop
Thanks. I have been doing a lot of reading today. I found FYTBACKUP_UIS7862_UIS8581A+20211107 on 4PDA and extracted my config.txt.

If anyone is interested, I have attached it. I have a Navifly unit as per my post here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/medeke-navifly-7862.4248969/post-84681347

I see my BT is set to 1 from factory and I get OBD and phone working. I was interested in seeing what happens if I change that. I also want to test mic performance.

Can someone link me to a simple person's version of how to update the config.txt file when I am unrooted. Please. I am simple. I need basic guide. I will report back my findings if someone takes the time to explain step by step what I need to do.

Attachments

• config.txt
    158 bytes · Views: 44

muzoss

Jun 6, 2009
Maybe someone has solved the problem with the volume button on Agama Launcher, like in CarWebGuru, namely on newer software it does not work at all, ie it can not be adjusted louder or quieter, while on older original software, from Navifli, it is possible, but in a few seconds it returns the same volume as before

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Wait this disables the internal mic? I went through the trouble of installing an external mic on my FYT UIS7862 from "HengCheng" it is the model Pro s9. I am having the issue where audio comes from both microphones and previous threads said you had to open the unit and disconnect the wires.
No, it does not. This makes the microphone, internal or external, a bit clearer.

No, you don't have to desolder the wires for the external microphone.
You can tape the outer two connections of the flat connector on the side. Links and pictures have been shared by multiple persons (including me).

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Can someone link me to a simple person's version of how to update the config.txt file when I am unrooted. Please. I am simple. I need basic guide. I will report back my findings if someone takes the time to explain step by step what I need to do.
It depends what you want and need to change. You can write a script that uses sed for example to change lines inside the config.txt.
Or you can write a script that completely replaces the config.txt.

Attached is universal script for sc9853i, uis7862 (ums512) and sc9863a (uis8581a) that replaces the config.txt in its entirety.
There is NO config.txt in this script.
Unzip it to a clean USB-stick and copy YOUR config.txt in the top-level of the USB-stick.
And of course: Make sure you made a copy/backup of your config.txt in your /oem/app. If you have the firmware of your unit, you already have the original config.txt in your firmware.

This is a universal script for sc9853i, uis7862 (ums512) and sc9863a (uis8581a).
Note: As I still didn't receive my uis7862, I could not test it there.

Attachments

• Replace_configtxt.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Reactions: ludditefornow

CaliBurr

May 14, 2021
No, it does not. This makes the microphone, internal or external, a bit clearer.

No, you don't have to desolder the wires for the external microphone.
You can tape the outer two connections of the flat connector on the side. Links and pictures have been shared by multiple persons (including me).
Thank you for the response @surfer63 . Do I need to open the unit? I looked and it doesn't look like unscrewing the back would allow access to the internal mic. this is my unit. What do you mean tape the wire lead ribbon connector on the side?

Attachments

• He8b7561975ff4b1f86b5c4947d9ff95dZ (1).webp
    165.5 KB · Views: 49

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Thank you for the response @surfer63 . Do I need to open the unit? I looked and it doesn't look like unscrewing the back would allow access to the internal mic. this is my unit. What do you mean tape the wire lead ribbon connector on the side?
Look here (and translate to english). The second image is a series of three images. https://vk.com/@teyes_by_maga-vneshnii-mikrofon This is from @gordgelin

Below image comes from 4pda, but I can't find it back. It is not mine. I am sorry that I can't give the correct credits here.

Attachments

• ExternalMicrophone.png
    ExternalMicrophone.png
    1 MB · Views: 358
Last edited:

slinbin

Jan 18, 2012
I'm confused !

1. Not being satisfied with WiFi reception I'm wondering if it is possible to change the antenna, but the small build-in antenna does not seem to come off, anyone know if it is fixed to the PCB or exchangeable ?

2. In the bottom of the device there is a slot that appear to be for a SD card, the specification states there are no SD-card slots, so far I have not dared trying it out as I risk dropping the card into the PCB enclosure), anyone got some info to share about this port ?

View attachment 5521535
Anyone with experience on adding an external antenna?

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
It depends what you want and need to change. You can write a script that uses sed for example to change lines inside the config.txt.
Or you can write a script that completely replaces the config.txt.

Attached is universal script for sc9853i, uis7862 (ums512) and sc9863a (uis8581a) that replaces the config.txt in its entirety.
There is NO config.txt in this script.
Unzip it to a clean USB-stick and copy YOUR config.txt in the top-level of the USB-stick.
And of course: Make sure you made a copy/backup of your config.txt in your /oem/app. If you have the firmware of your unit, you already have the original config.txt in your firmware.

This is a universal script for sc9853i, uis7862 (ums512) and sc9863a (uis8581a).
Note: As I still didn't receive my uis7862, I could not test it there.

Thanks, all done.

As a tangent question, what are the rest of the entries calling for in the config.txt noted below. Is there a list of what the other items can be affected by the config.txt?

EG: in "persist.syu.voicehint=false" what is voicehint? also what is voiceint?

Is it worth creating a sticky thread to nominate what all these items are and how they affect functionality?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Is it worth creating a sticky thread to nominate what all these items are and how they affect functionality?
Like mentioned "somewhere" earlier: I wanted to create something like a "FYT based Spreadtrum uis7862 (unisoc ums512) - Q&A, Mods, tips" thread as soon as I had my Mekede unit. It was supposed to be delivered before 10th of January., but it is currently "somewhere" and nobody knows where. Early this week I was told it might be early March: 3 months delivery time :mad:. That is becausethey use the very cheapest way of transporting. If I had known that I had simply purchased a Joying: more expensive but all my units arrived with 15 days.

But if I have time I will create the thread today. I have 90% already written.
Bur describing all config.txt entries? That is not possible as the config.txt is used like some kind of prop file. A derived one of the FYT based fyt.prop, which again is derived from the build.prop.

Last edited:

martindagun

Jan 30, 2022
Hi all,

I was originally planning to buy the Teyes CC3 unit, however am now thinking of getting the Naviflyer unit as I understand it's the same hardware and much cheaper.

I've been reading some issues with the unit from last year, however, have most of these now been fixed? Does the Google Assisstant now work ok?

I'm planning to install the UDT launcher as I really like the look of the Teyes interface. After this is installed, is there anything the Naviflyer unit is missing from the Teyes unit?

Thanks in advance

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Hi all,

I was originally planning to buy the Teyes CC3 unit, however am now thinking of getting the Naviflyer unit as I understand it's the same hardware and much cheaper.
There are 2 things to keep in mind here. Both Joying and T'eyes are more expensive, that's true. but I would never buy a T'eyes due to their closed license-restricted applications policy and blocking of open-soruce Android functionality, which is actually against the law, or they should provide the source code about what they did, to re-eable the open source stuff.
I have had 4 Joyings and now I ordered a Mekede via "standard shipping" as that was so much cheaper than DHL and "theoretically" the same transport time.
My Joyings always came via DHL and took 6-15 days maximum to arrive.
My Mekede is now 5 weeks (38 days) in transit, and is expected to arrive early March ("My friend, be patient, do not worry", which makes me furious).
NaviFly and a couple of others use the same cheap transport option. If you are lucky your unit arrives in approx. 15 days or less.
I also heard from other users ordering Mekede, NaviFly, Zhan or Isudar using standard shipping, that they had to wait 2 months or longer. Compared to DHL or UPS, which is in general 50-70 euros more expensive, but will generally deliver easily within 2 weeks.
For me personally it means that next time I will pay 100-140 euros more for a Joying and have it in 4-10 days, where this 100-140 euros more perhaps consists partly of the 50-70 euro DHL/UPS transport costs.
I regret my decision to go for a much cheaper, same quality unit a lot now, as the much cheaper is obviously partly in the shipping company. I hate it that I have to wait up to 3 months for this unit.
If you order a Mekede or NaviFly with DHL, you are not so much cheaper than a Joying, but perhaps have it within 2 weeks.

Note though that currently it is Chinese New Year. Nothing will happen before 7 February.

martindagun

Jan 30, 2022
their closed license-restricted applicaions policy and blocking of open-soruce Android functionality,
This probably isn't a huge issue for me. I will set it up once with the maps, music etc and leave it.

If you order a Mekede or NaviFly with DHL, you are not so much cheaper than a Joying, but perhaps have it within 2 weeks.

I'm in Australia so shipping normally isn't too bad from China. Plus I'm not in a huge rush to get the unit.

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
I played around with FYT HW OneKey version 1.4 just now. The first two bluetooth entrys for the MODE button (BT AV and BT Phone) seem to be linked. By that I mean if I only have com.syu.bt in only BT AV or BT Phone, both apps (or the section of the bluetooth app) still open when clciking the Mode button.

Adding an app other than com.syu.bt in BT AV or BT Phone resulted in the app not opening unless you added the app into both of those. Adding a new app in the third option AV did work. However, no app would work in the 4th option Video is I had my custom app in 3rd AV option.

I have settled on using Android Assistant as the only app associated on the mode button only. That is working reasonably well for now.

With Android Assistant I can start NavRadio app, I can start Google Maps and start directions all from a single click of my Mode button. I can also start most other apps except I cannot start the OEM Bluetooth app. That seems to have been blacklisted by the OEM.

But I have found a long winded way of voice dialing. Using the app AutoZen, the creator has included what looks like a cut down version of Google Voice search / Android Assistant. I believe that is it from Android because of the graphic visuals on the left hand side of the voice pop up box.. From within the app, I can voice dial. Here is a video attached showing this.

How would one go about finding what source/library (whatever it is) the creator used to implement the voice dialing? Because it certainly circumvents the OEM's crippling of voice dialing. If we can find the source from Android, surely a stand alone app could be created and then that could be linked to the MODE button and the Android FYT HU world could rejoice!

Attachments

• Voice Dialling With Autozen App-1-1.mp4
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Matt89s

Jun 17, 2016
There are 2 things to keep in mind here. Both Joying and T'eyes are more expensive, that's true. but I would never buy a T'eyes due to their closed license-restricted applications policy and blocking of open-soruce Android functionality, which is actually against the law, or they should provide the source code about what they did, to re-eable the open source stuff.
I have had 4 Joyings and now I ordered a Mekede via "standard shipping" as that was so much cheaper than DHL and "theoretically" the same transport time.
My Joyings always came via DHL and took 6-15 days maximum to arrive.
My Mekede is now 5 weeks (38 days) in transit, and is expected to arrive early March ("My friend, be patient, do not worry", which makes me furious).
NaviFly and a couple of others use the same cheap transport option. If you are lucky your unit arrives in approx. 15 days or less.
I also heard from other users ordering Mekede, NaviFly, Zhan or Isudar using standard shipping, that they had to wait 2 months or longer. Compared to DHL or UPS, which is in general 50-70 euros more expensive, but will generally deliver easily within 2 weeks.
For me personally it means that next time I will pay 100-140 euros more for a Joying and have it in 4-10 days, where this 100-140 euros more perhaps consists partly of the 50-70 euro DHL/UPS transport costs.
I regret my decision to go for a much cheaper, same quality unit a lot now, as the much cheaper is obviously partly in the shipping company. I hate it that I have to wait up to 3 months for this unit.

Note though that currently it is Chinese New Year. Nothing will happen before 7 February.
My friend, be patient, do not worry - Chiese seller on any question you ask him, XD

Too bad it won't do anything really effective to help you and you'll have to fend for your self 😒

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @surfer63 I read about issues with 5GHz for CC3 on 4pda where the head unit has an issue connecting with certain channels. The description described issues where a smartphone creates a hotspot in certain channels especially where there are many other 5GHz access points in the area. The channels/frequencies the smart phone chooses are ones that are not supported by the head unit. There was no other information about the 2.4GHz band. The solution was to create the hotspot in a location where there are no or very few other access points so that the smartphone chooses the lower channels. I don't think that's a useful solution.

In addition, for the sc9853i and now also for these newer models, such as the CC3, there are u.fl or IPEX antenna connectors on the mainboards. These are similar connectors, if not the exact same connectors, to those micro-coaxial connectors on WiFi cards usually found in laptop computers. Perhaps you can connect additional antennas that may improve reception.

Another item that I remember seeing is "door lock interference" in settings. I remember reading about it being described as something to try for issues with wifi and/or bluetooth issues. I believe it was on 4pda but don't remember and cannot find it. Maybe try this?

Just some info/ideas to try or have a look at.
    I was able to solve the problem. I got a hind to check the ribbon cable connection because mic and RST button also not working. the ribbon cable connecting from motherboard to the light-board was connected incorrectly on the motherboard side, I turned 180 degree and everything is fine now...
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    I finally received my Mekede uis7862 unit for my Octavia 2015, but it doesn't fit correctly. It needs to be pushed in and "click" tight. That is the system VW/Skoda/Seat/Audi use after 2013. That doesn't work and therefore it can easily fall out of the dashboard.
    I did a test drive this afternoon and as such the unit functions fine, but the fact that it is completely loose and can fall out of the dash is an extreme annoyance after having waited so long.

EDIT: And the 5GHz WiFi reception is a big deception. I have to park my car almost inside my nearest WiFi Mesh AP, while I have a perfect MESH WiFi network.
    even if in the description it says QLED ... talking to Mekede and Navifly sellers they tell me it is no longer Qled now, only IPS

Update: in Alibaba chat operators Mekede and Navifly say that the "7862" model declared as Qled is actually no longer Qled but only IPS ... while the M600S or M700S models declared as IPS can actually become QLED with the addition of $ 5
    I doubt there ever have been any true QLED units.