General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Hi, I've been using my new Navifly 7862 device for a few days now, and it's fantastic.

However, I have encountered a couple of problems which I hope you will help me solve.

Reading the external USB and app permissions
That's a common issue. You need the documentsui.apk. See "Questions & Answers" Q20 of my "General FYT based Spreadtrum uis7862 (unisoc ums512) - Q&A, Mods, tips, firmware" thread

Last edited:
Reactions: marchnz

Surfer2019

Jun 4, 2019
That's a common issue. You need the documentsui.apk. See "Questions & Answers" Q20 of my "General FYT based Spreadtrum uis7862 (unisoc ums512) - Q&A, Mods, tips, firmware" thread
Thanks @surfer63 ,I downloaded DocumentsUI-10.apk, but I wanted to ask you one thing: looking at the info on my device today, it says it's an Android 11 (not 10). Is it a fake, how did you write here?

Last edited:

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Thanks @surfer63 ,I downloaded DocumentsUI-10.apk, but I wanted to ask you one thing: looking at the info on my device today, it says it's an Android 11 (not 10). Is it a fake, how did you write here?
Don worry about that that. Even though your unit says it is Android 11, it is still Android 10. Read Q1 from the "Questions & Answers".
(Actually: read them all. then you would have known already and did not need to ask).

Surfer2019

Jun 4, 2019
Non preoccuparti di quello. Anche se la tua unità dice che è Android 11, è ancora Android 10. Leggi Q1 da "Domande e risposte".
(In realtà: leggili tutti. allora lo avresti già saputo e non avresti avuto bisogno di chiedere).
Yes, I read everything, thanks for your kindness @surfer63 (if 63 is your birth year then we are the same age) :) . For now I am struggling with the Chinese seller because, despite having purchased the optional voice control for € 17.01 (which I discovered is called NexAi +), I discovered that it is the "Basic" version that does not allow you to interact with the phone, as the "Standard" version does.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Yes, I read everything, thanks for your kindness @surfer63 (if 63 is your birth year then we are the same age) :) . For now I am struggling with the Chinese seller because, despite having purchased the optional voice control for € 17.01 (which I discovered is called NexAi +), I discovered that it is the "Basic" version that does not allow you to interact with the phone, as the "Standard" version does.
When I search on Aliexpress for Nexai, there are many suppliers of a license, but they all nicely separate them by basic, standard, pro. The costs for the same license sometimes differ per seller.
I would contact the sller and try to change your basic license for a standard one, of course with a little uplift in price.
And I am afraid you will not be succesful but you can always try.

Surfer2019

Jun 4, 2019
When I search on Aliexpress for Nexai, there are many suppliers of a license, but they all nicely separate them by basic, standard, pro. The costs for the same license sometimes differ per seller.
I would contact the sller and try to change your basic license for a standard one, of course with a little uplift in price.
And I am afraid you will not be succesful but you can always try.
I have already written to them, let's hope well ...

Surfer2019

Jun 4, 2019
Friends happy Sunday, I have a question for you: how can you install WhatsApp on the Navifly 7862 without deactivating the one on your smartphone? I tried to activate the multi-device function, but it didn't work, it is deactivated anyway on one of the two.

Thanks.

pingec

Jan 2, 2013
I got the Mekede M500s unit from Mekede Official on AX. Does anyone know what canbus type I should set for Renault Megane 2 or where I could find this information?

The provided instructions say the type is printed on the sticker but I don't see anything, here is the photo:

Hiro0111

Feb 26, 2022
I bought the mekede M700 last week.
The operation was very smooth and there was no freeze.
I turned off the engine, touched the navigation with ACC, shut it down once, and when I came back after 15 minutes of shopping, the navigation was initialized at the factory.
Is this common?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I bought the mekede M700 last week.
The operation was very smooth and there was no freeze.
I turned off the engine, touched the navigation with ACC, shut it down once, and when I came back after 15 minutes of shopping, the navigation was initialized at the factory.
Is this common?

I do not completely understand you.
You swithed off ACC and thereby the unit.
When you came back and restarted it, was it really back at factory settings?
Or do you mean it did a cold boot?

Radzią

Nov 25, 2014
Wroclaw
I have mekede m700s Hibernation does not work on my radio. Every time my radio must bootup when The engine is on. How to change it to make the radio hibernate when engine is work?

WaterworthCC

Jan 26, 2022
I have mekede m700s Hibernation does not work on my radio. Every time my radio must bootup when The engine is on. How to change it to make the radio hibernate when engine is work?
I had an ISO to android HU cable from AliExpress where the Constant12V and ACC were swapped over. This would cause the cold reboot everytime. Just make sure your constant12v is correct and not a switched ACC source.

Last edited:

Hiro0111

Feb 26, 2022
I do not completely understand you.
You swithed off ACC and thereby the unit.
When you came back and restarted it, was it really back at factory settings?
Or do you mean it did a cold boot?
When I started the engine, the settings and apps disappeared and it was in the state at the time of purchase.

WaterworthCC

Jan 26, 2022
you mean changing the red and yellow cables position?
You could do that, it shouldn't cause any harm as both are 12v, one switched one constant. However, I'd recommend just double checking your harness schematic and testing with a voltmeter. If your not comfortable with this go to a professional auto av installer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD ACTION:

Light cleaning done.

Guys, please respect each other and don't provoke each other.

Thank you.
    Sorry about that.
    @surfer63 I read about issues with 5GHz for CC3 on 4pda where the head unit has an issue connecting with certain channels. The description described issues where a smartphone creates a hotspot in certain channels especially where there are many other 5GHz access points in the area. The channels/frequencies the smart phone chooses are ones that are not supported by the head unit. There was no other information about the 2.4GHz band. The solution was to create the hotspot in a location where there are no or very few other access points so that the smartphone chooses the lower channels. I don't think that's a useful solution.

In addition, for the sc9853i and now also for these newer models, such as the CC3, there are u.fl or IPEX antenna connectors on the mainboards. These are similar connectors, if not the exact same connectors, to those micro-coaxial connectors on WiFi cards usually found in laptop computers. Perhaps you can connect additional antennas that may improve reception.

Another item that I remember seeing is "door lock interference" in settings. I remember reading about it being described as something to try for issues with wifi and/or bluetooth issues. I believe it was on 4pda but don't remember and cannot find it. Maybe try this?

Just some info/ideas to try or have a look at.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    I finally received my Mekede uis7862 unit for my Octavia 2015, but it doesn't fit correctly. It needs to be pushed in and "click" tight. That is the system VW/Skoda/Seat/Audi use after 2013. That doesn't work and therefore it can easily fall out of the dashboard.
    I did a test drive this afternoon and as such the unit functions fine, but the fact that it is completely loose and can fall out of the dash is an extreme annoyance after having waited so long.

EDIT: And the 5GHz WiFi reception is a big deception. I have to park my car almost inside my nearest WiFi Mesh AP, while I have a perfect MESH WiFi network.
    even if in the description it says QLED ... talking to Mekede and Navifly sellers they tell me it is no longer Qled now, only IPS

Update: in Alibaba chat operators Mekede and Navifly say that the "7862" model declared as Qled is actually no longer Qled but only IPS ... while the M600S or M700S models declared as IPS can actually become QLED with the addition of $ 5
    I doubt there ever have been any true QLED units.