• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
@ziddey Thank you for your reply.

If it's so, then I might just order a TS10 unit from another company with that 48 band EQ.
Or are these TS10 units with 7862 much more worse then the FYT units?
I don't know. When I was first researching what to get, it seemed like the fyt 7862 was far favored over the ts10. I've never tried a ts10, but I read someone had success using headunit reloaded with native wireless mode. I haven't found the same to be true with the fyt navifly (yet).

Manually pulling up the android bluetooth setting, I can pair my phone, but it's not accessible via HUR.

AAWUweWNeEgjAGW8AlSwc3C6ZqzkVA75SRfHhrzbYPr0y6cKzGmxuyn7W4xToBdXbT-RQOk54_R3ZVFlq4BQguqdqKwcGyurDxBF15JqB7F1MOlGvtE7vg_8M2ufRWqd09BrBkbGGH9Wru8mRWJrMtA0EnQYpoNKYn2AG0sL5vv1AOvSDljbt675QjrPGCRZz7UkP4nUYKJZ2xXqcm4e6QkKW5XyJjxUDHk6Z5WihuwjEJW3S44oi_l6IhvpDhClKgCnYMz8V3qEmSKcvlKQyR3ZFYdZR_PmP4L-E0RKVR1qMfYQCtjK659wFnEj7CLXRnkZw251u3yWr43o6ycqOO5d9PByKiTCXuwnHuudN7yHYu6_c0UiLGoCm-VT8Uj8V3TpFEgy7YWfIKzEVO4WhdZnH9VAhsHU7hD_NqtFQ4zdhFLIcSxyFOGOFfOpRrE1FFMaV61eCwZDTLN1TxBH7vldvDdP9eX-Mjf_PUSz4Nrb3YT51ei_REEEG_ICYAKKDB0lm-w5wjv1cHJOkmrO6mFqPDfD818DnqN2SArw-LdV6T_S_8v5HGhBLRAw_wgyXPANiuKM9yLXV8Trz3izcy7BSbmlUxTUZDFt1KAzQrI1IechawPy_KbBJBhr2hVKoIaIRR6vMmsg1EYJC9bP8Y1aqYFVbJSrkXT4ScJvZexpqUsU8M-ech6Tngy2v9w6IXjNxjJnVn4svanvWObvxhaw2oPZ3md85jv1fwCeqLWL18Fy=s1280-w1280-h720-no

Anyone know how much of the fyt sc9853i tips also apply to the uis7862 units? Lot of good information there. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/q-a-tips-info-roll-up-joying-fyt-sc9853i.3979377/

@extremedaneben I just checked on aliexpress and it looks like a new crop of products might be releasing. example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001478463852.html suboptimal 1024x600 display, but 8gb ram and some sort of 8core 2.5ghz. and android 11 allegedly. Haven't found much info otherwise yet.

edit: it looks like setting sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=0 should fix native wireless aa support in HUR. I'm curious what other effects this has over the stock 1 it has though?

Used the config.txt and lsec6315update from the rom posted on page 2 (thanks @ludditefornow). Made a backup of my original just in case. set type to 0, and sure enough, native aa wireless is working with HUR, and it's picking up my Viecar obd2 too

Just checked setting hpf for the front/rear speakers again, and it's definitely broken in that it applies to the sub-out as well. Useless then.

QQUkOwQVLh09dCY8CnfLfOr0g0MUETpbDckVAzivd3gh8JilETf6l-PyytnKJMNY4tW5mMrUye1NBsNk6_eqTPgrTKZjFTRbFFVNrmEflJ25M9tncdtkg7zzTEL3B_9sZsEbkw4AmzxIaNItMUH_rKWmWTYnNvbIXUVPBbDR4OhU7FSWWmQE8139XPC4nq86JGtsey52eWO9-IG3eyb8mHJRiWdCbYOkF0rvslsZ7OHvvYhCiN9H4f1S_ElYqpwwZVGUjwD7TEchQ8mmtBNB2AYw4uMZ4Z-fYN1uktBQ8tdJM1KaUxtTcFD7ghpAEZbUC5OD9jTnzDkrmK3TSGFkGhXWCjEmzU_7e-GmFWZ9-csvNsBJlxGCPp_TMGTQZeTnVRqRIva0N4NMFlD7wWLOKn-7cTX-Frai1O6Unxf4tVF50n3L7GR2o8zbHOHGr78FtsM41haTkFJLEKbRxDmMBR-ZrAG954DlvKlM2pa7lnXVegPxMkA0xiHwO31EK0VcSBKQYMlTskS7KqSfvEimGNcXHJxLHs4o8zMKmN3dl-AmbFi9SiYdgAYDfLNy_RcdmQUHmghWxqfJpI_60OGjM-hHm0Fr1nLg5FKikukK_8dH41FHgrznp2mxvHbrvQBg5vij6jnECR55ak-C1Kour_Vez4zBvzBh6JP_KLpEexYGZptcl9vNmjaCd4ZBV6AXzMW8IFP_STuhv2yRq4dy6lk=w1280-h1140-no

Saw a newer 20120514 release posted on 4pda. Maybe I'll try it out sometime..

Last edited:
Reactions: extremedaneben
Dec 31, 2010
I asked the seller of a Android 10 unit about the "8 core 2.5ghz" processor and he told me that its an mtk.

So that unit you linked looks to me like a maybe TS10 unit with mtk processor and maybe fake Android 11?

Sorry for getting little off topic about this TS10 units in here

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
Code:
#test
ro.sf.swrotation=90
sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=0
syu.voicefloat=false
syu.voicehint=false
persist.syu.voicehint=false
persist.btmic.gain=8
persist.btspk.gain=7
sys.fyt.ec_version=6
persist.lsec.carlink.apband=0
persist.fyt.zh_frontview_enable=false
ro.fyt.launcher=com.android.launcher6

ro.fyt.splitscreen=0
persist.launcher.packagename=com.google.android.apps.maps

Here is the stock config.txt with bluetooth type set to 0. Noticed it has a few more settings than the generic one from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-ram-32gb-flash.3897206/page-81#post-81968231
and the one in the rom provided earlier.

I'm thinking of adding a fan next time I take apart the dash to pull the headunit. Using some pictures (like https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...b-ram-64gb-flash.4168069/page-7#post-83808235) of similar units as reference. Is that a 40mm fan? Do our units already have a fan header that is temperature controlled? Otherwise I guess I could just tap the acc / usb

Last edited:

izidudik

Jun 16, 2021
There apparently are three types of radio module for these units. Navifly for my model advertised the higher quality NXP6686 tuner module but I did not end up receiving a unit with that module. But the module in my unit, the TDA7708 is almost as good as picking up and holding a signal. https://www.st.com/en/automotive-infotainment-and-telematics/tda7708.html

I base this on a simple test of manually tuning to an FM station approximately 100km from me. On my original unit, the signal was constant with a little static. With the new unit, the signal is of the same quality but occasionally falls of a cliff and there is silence for a second or so and then the signal resumes.

Attached are the specs of my unit. What are your specs?
Hi have you firmware for this machine?

skiib

Jan 6, 2013
Hi i am about to order this unit : INavilfy 6GB/128GB ROM QLED 1280*720 BT5.0 headunit .
I would like to hear how this screen are in daylight/sun.

Currently i have an older 7" unit 1024x600 and this is very bad in daylight/sun.

matt205gti

Jun 19, 2021
Fitted Navifly7862 6+128 today, upgrading a Dasaita PX5.

Disappointed so far, USB OTG capture card for HDMI in has a poor display with tearing, although I’ve had to use a different app, most of them crash.

Realdash is not behaving itself either, won’t parse my config file or accept my dash file.

so the main things I want to use are not working!
Anyone else having trouble with these?

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
I saw the 2021-05-14 build for navifly was posted on 4pda, along with this commentary: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1000996&st=2960#entry107404140

Anyone able to explain why this person is recommending the modified firmware instead (https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1000996&view=findpost&p=105200113)? I'm not opposed, but I'd rather know the differences instead of blindly flashing..

I do see that the mcu seems to be older than what I have, so I'd exclude it:

Code:
GD32E230K64.Page1K.Flash64K.FYT.*.*
FYT-3000
2020.11.19 17:21:02 NOR_53_L6315_G23P48F64_V:1.0_FYT
<Date>Nov 19 2020<Time>17:20:44

Really, I have two main questions:
1. For root, can I just patch and replace the boot.img in 6315_1.zip with magisk manager and be good to go? I saw there was a rooted 5/14 boot posted, but the hash doesn't match my magisk patched 5/14. Haven't dumped the ramdisk to compare differences yet though.
2. If I exclude updatecfg.txt, will it leave all my data intact? Or better to just have it with "mass"? Or are there incompatibilities between versions (I'm on 2021-04-22 currently) that I really should wipe data? Would rather avoid having to deal with fixing the play store if a factory reset will cause issues (like I've read about Joying units)

@skiib I have no complaints with the 1280x720 qled in the sun.

@matt205gti which capture device do you have? No experience here, but I'd be potentially interested in one as well if I can't figure out how to add the widevine libs to our units.

edit: Ok, took the 2021-05-14 build. Pulled the boot.img, patched with magisk, zipsigned 6315_1.zip. Threw it, AllAppUpdate.bin, my original config.txt with modified bluetooth, and lsec6315update on a usb. Didn't include an updatecfg.txt.

Flash was successful. First boot stuck on the android logo for a real long time. Seems to have wiped most settings... needed to delete and repair my bluetooth devices

Some changes between the April and May builds:
1. app switcher now allows swiping to close apps
2. launcher seems to have a night mode when headlights are on (don't recall it before, but not 100% certain)
3. defaulted to having 3 floating icons enabled. had to find the two apps to disable them
4. google photos seems to no longer be able to see the internal storage at all. Was nice to use it to automatically upload screenshots..
5. The bass filter seems to work properly now. Before, if I played a 60hz test tone and set it to anything but passthrough (20hz?), I'd lose the tone through the subwoofer. Have it set to 80hz to match the sub lpf now and am not seeing any change in sub output. nevermind, still broken

Subwoofer settings are still broken in the equalizer app, but setting them directly via settings works.

Need to figure out how to get headunit reloaded to switch to dark mode with the headlights. I've tried brightness-based, with headlight brightness set to min, but it has no effect. Seems having it auto-switch based on time doesn't work either. Forcing either day or night mode in the HUR settings works as expected.

Last edited:

skiib

Jan 6, 2013
I saw the 2021-05-14 build for navifly was posted on 4pda, along with this commentary: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1000996&st=2960#entry107404140

Anyone able to explain why this person is recommending the modified firmware instead (https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1000996&view=findpost&p=105200113)? I'm not opposed, but I'd rather know the differences instead of blindly flashing..

I do see that the mcu seems to be older than what I have, so I'd exclude it:

Code:
GD32E230K64.Page1K.Flash64K.FYT.*.*
FYT-3000
2020.11.19 17:21:02 NOR_53_L6315_G23P48F64_V:1.0_FYT
<Date>Nov 19 2020<Time>17:20:44

Really, I have two main questions:
1. For root, can I just patch and replace the boot.img in 6315_1.zip with magisk manager and be good to go? I saw there was a rooted 5/14 boot posted, but the hash doesn't match my magisk patched 5/14. Haven't dumped the ramdisk to compare differences yet though.
2. If I exclude updatecfg.txt, will it leave all my data intact? Or better to just have it with "mass"? Or are there incompatibilities between versions (I'm on 2021-04-22 currently) that I really should wipe data? Would rather avoid having to deal with fixing the play store if a factory reset will cause issues (like I've read about Joying units)

@skiib I have no complaints with the 1280x720 qled in the sun.

@matt205gti which capture device do you have? No experience here, but I'd be potentially interested in one as well if I can't figure out how to add the widevine libs to our units.
Thank you for answering question about brightness off screen, will buy one later today. Cant find anything better than : : INavilfy 6GB/128GB ROM QLED 1280*720 BT5.0 headunit .
Unless you have a newer an better unit.

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
Upgraded Version HDMI Capture Card USB 2.0 Audio Video Capture Card USB to HDMI HD 4K 1080p 30fps Record Video Audio Grabber Game Capture Card for Live Streaming/Live Broadcasts/Game/Video https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08MWL3...abc_47341JQWRXK6AJT6DKC2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This one, works beautifully on my PX5 unit via UGreen OTG hub. On the Navifly it’s working but flickers.
No idea. In factory settings, there's two related to usb. One is for setting usb1.1/2, defaulting to 2. The other is for usb error detection, defaulting to enabled. Maybe try disabling this?

matt205gti

Jun 19, 2021
No idea. In factory settings, there's two related to usb. One is for setting usb1.1/2, defaulting to 2. The other is for usb error detection, defaulting to enabled. Maybe try disabling this?
Yes, I already tried that :( px5 unit is back in now. Will wait until the 7862 platform has developed a bit more :(

Matt89s

Jun 17, 2016
Hi, I have navifly uis7862 6gb 128gb fyt = 1. Installed on golf 7. In general everything is fine, but there is an anomaly. When I change the language from English to Italian in the car settings, if I restart the device, the on-board computer language (MFA) switches back to English. Thank you in advance if you can help me. I hope everything is clear. Thank you

boyito

Mar 1, 2008
I am about the buy Mekede 7862 6G/128G. For anyone out there who already have this unit installed, does the screen brightness dim (button lights up) when you turn on the headlight (Controlled by ILL wire)? Thanks.

boyito

Mar 1, 2008
Yes, I already tried that :( px5 unit is back in now. Will wait until the 7862 platform has developed a bit more :(
I was planning to connect my Digital TV with Mekede 7862 through one of those USB Capture Card. Did you have any success? or do you have a video on how it didn't work (or working already)? Thanks

Matt89s

Jun 17, 2016
Hi, I have navifly uis7862 6gb 128gb fyt = 1. Installed on golf 7. In general everything is fine, but there is an anomaly. When I change the language from English to Italian in the car settings, if I restart the device, the on-board computer language (MFA) switches back to English. Thank you in advance if you can help me. I hope everything is clear. Thank you
Anyone have any ideas? Please help me :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My screen brightness changes depending on the headlights. That is handled by the CANbus
    It is handled either by the CAN bus (if installed) or by the ILL wire.
    You can of course change that to some extend in the settings as well (brighter/dimmer).
    Note that this also switches on/off the leds in the (hardware) buttons.
    My new Navifly 7862 FYT unit was installed in my car yesterday. My mcu FYT is same as yours (except date 19.11.2020) .
    Great sound (linked in optical to my DSP) , great QLED Panel and great superfaster GPS connection. I'm very very satisfied about this radio except 2 things:

- the launcher is very bad (similar to Android 9 launcher of MTCE units). I can't understand why the launcher after boot show ever sound settings panel (i need ever to tap "home" icon). Is possible to change this launcher?
    - I can't find how to silence tap sound

thanks for help
    In the settings (it might be in the factory settings. Use pin 3368 for the factory settings access) there is an option to launch Navi software but you can actually choose any app to launch on start up. Find that setting and change whatever is launching to something else and test the result. Then report back.

It is possible to change the launcher in the factory settings (again, I think it is located in factory settings). There are 5 or 6 options of default launcher. I choose not to use any of them and simply choose the Microsoft Launcher. But there are other car specific launchers that you can download. You can use any launcher that you like using on your phone, too.

Silence for tapping screen is in the settings somewhere. I might have gone into the Pure Android settings to turn it off. I really can't remember any more.

In Microsoft Launcher, there is a link to open the pure Android settings. There are other more complex ways to get there, though.

Also make sure you switch on the setting that allows the radio to go into sleep mode or you might find yourself with a flat battery one day.
    Can you disable it in the Factory Settings? I recall some settings / options regarding the rear camera. Factory pin is 3368
    Does anyone know how to disable the reversing camera? I do not have a camera nor will I install it.

when I put the gear in reverse, the screen goes black and the music cuts out.
    On most FYT models you have to cut/disconnect one of the wires. It should be in the installation instructions.
    I have no manual. Is there no way to do it without cutting wires?
    I don't have a uis7862 unit, but all my previous sofia, px5 and sc9853i FYT units needed this. It is/was very clear in the A4 with installation instructions.
    The cable connections on a NaviFly/Medeke are different from the cable beam of a Joying. But as it is a FYT unit I expect exactly the same approach.

Did you already ask the reseller?
    I received the latest 7862 rom from a reseller. Interesting that the zip file names this manufacturer http://www.kajunda.com/

Let me know if anyone wants it. Please advise of a place to upload it.