General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
In the factory settings, there is a setting that allows you to update the canbus, as seen in the photo. Do you think it is better to do it? For my 308 SW of 2012 I have the canbus Raise PSA RZ 01, but everything works except the wheel controls in u verse, and I do not have the vision of the air conditioning. In your opinion if I do the update of the canbus through this option, I could have those things that I miss or the best thing is to buy the canbus suggested by the seller that is the RP5 RA 001?

Attachments

• IMG_20220807_091944.jpg
    IMG_20220807_091944.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20220807_091955.jpg
    IMG_20220807_091955.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 40

daviddosa

Sep 21, 2015
Livingston
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5
In the factory settings, there is a setting that allows you to update the canbus, as seen in the photo. Do you think it is better to do it? For my 308 SW of 2012 I have the canbus Raise PSA RZ 01, but everything works except the wheel controls in u verse, and I do not have the vision of the air conditioning. In your opinion if I do the update of the canbus through this option, I could have those things that I miss or the best thing is to buy the canbus suggested by the seller that is the RP5 RA 001?
I don't think so. If the decoder doesn't support the aircon things the update won't help. I don't understand the issue with the steering wheel controls. If the volume and the next/prev track works in reverse, you can toggle that in the settings easily.
If you don't have an update file for the canbus, but you click on update it might brick your canbus decoder. I did this with my upgraded decoder to see what happens and now it's not working at all. If I connect it, the screen stays black and nothing responds. As soon as I connect the old one, the unit starts.

Battoussai

Aug 4, 2022
Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
I would like to ask you some questions about some options in the settings that I do not understand of the Navifly M700S

1) The second option (the icon with the brake pedal) I think refers to cars that have the start & stop as someone explained a few posts above, is that right

IMG_20220811_094656.jpg

2) the fourth option (the icon that looks like something illuminated) what is it for?

IMG_20220811_095135.jpg

3) The fifth option (the one with the icon of a satellite dish) setting to "on" what does it do?

IMG_20220811_095151.jpg

4) The third option (the icon with the door), serves for locking the doors, but what does it actually do?
5) The fourth option (the icon with the exclamation mark) what is it for?

IMG_20220811_095607.jpg

Sorry for the long post and for the newbie questions.
Thanks

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
aaI would like to ask you some questions about some options in the settings that I do not understand of the Navifly M700S

1) The second option (the icon with the brake pedal) I think refers to cars that have the start & stop as someone explained a few posts above, is that right

View attachment 5683203

2) the fourth option (the icon that looks like something illuminated) what is it for?

View attachment 5683205

3) The fifth option (the one with the icon of a satellite dish) setting to "on" what does it do?

View attachment 5683207

4) The third option (the icon with the door), serves for locking the doors, but what does it actually do?
5) The fourth option (the icon with the exclamation mark) what is it for?

View attachment 5683221

Sorry for the long post and for the newbie questions.
Thanks
I'm not sure these are completely correct and if I've understood the translations through Google translate:

1) I'm not sure if it's for the start & stop function. However, it could also reflect "brake wire for video in motion". What this interpretation controls whether or not to display video based on whether the head unit determines that the parking brake is set. There is a wire that can be connected for this purpose. Usually, the car has a wire for this function. You would need to know which wire it is or find out yourself. If this wire is not connected on the head unit, then this setting has no effect. I don't have this, but I think that when it is connected, you cannot play any video on the head unit when the car is in motion.

2) Backlight control. This controls when/how the screen brightness is controlled. "controllo ora" means it's controlled by time, I believe. There is probably an option to have it controlled by the "illum" wire. This is attached to the correct wire from your car. You would need to find out which wire on your car provides this. This wire on your car provides power when the headlights are turned on. I believe this is 12V. Note that this uses the brightness set elsewhere in the settings. This other setting specifies the brightness for during the day and the brightness for during the night. This other setting must be set properly to see the difference. For example, if both the daytime and nighttime brightness are the same, you will not see any difference. So, when set to illum, when you turn on your headlights, the screen dims so that it is not as bright at night.

3) GPS mix. I believe this is used to specify which satellites to use for GPS. I believe this should usually or always be ON.

4) I can't see the entire text, but I believe it is for "interference". I believe this setting is used if there are issues with remote control door locks. If you are having problems with unlocking door with a remote, you can try changing this setting. I'm not too sure about this as I don't have a problem unlocking my doors.

5) "Reverse power supply". There are 2 wires where power is provided to the head unit...a 12V constant power and a 12V switched power where power is available when the car is in Accessory (ACC) mode only. Usually, 12V constant is indicated by a red wire. However, for these head units, 12V constant is the yellow wire and the ACC is the red wire. I believe this is used to switch the usage of these wires so that now the 12V is the red wire and ACC is the yellow wire. The wires on the back of the head unit should be clearly labelled. I believe this option was added so that if a head unit was wired incorrectly, this can be switched without having to take the head unit out and rewire it. Best thing to do is to test your head unit on your test bench, or kitchen table, before installing it in your car. I did not have to use this as I wired it as labeled so I know of this only from reading this information elsewhere.

NOTE: As always, this is only information and you should verify and/or test this yourself. Anything you do with your head unit is your own responsibility and only your responsibility. If you are unsure of things or are not willing to test before trying these things, you should probably have your head unit installed by a professional.

Reactions: Specy01

Solvin

Aug 31, 2015
How I said above:

All settings are explained in here in Post #1

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
How I said above:

All settings are explained in here in Post #1

Excuse me, I had read that first post (all the treath) but I did not remember that there were listed options point by point. Thank you

Solvin

Aug 31, 2015
No problem. I just want to avoid that someone invests a lot of time to describe the options, although this is already available. That would be a pity for the time and effort.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
Some of these are briefly listed in that post#1 and/or without explanation. I added some information regarding the specific settings requested. Might be useful to add some of the info to that post#1 referenced.

Also, a note about "backlight control" and "backlight current" settings. Don't confuse the two. Backlight control is as described here. Backlight current should be changed with extreme caution as you could be left in a state where the screen backlight completely turns off and is unreadable. Just wanted to point out that there are two settings that could be mixed up if someone is not paying attention.

Reactions: marchnz and Solvin

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
@surfer63

Maybe some explanations in #606 will be helpful for the general FYT thread.
Will add the relevant parts.

Edit: As the forum is English, the screenshots should have been English or translated. Now we have to translate everything by looking at it.

1) is indeed not entirely clear.
2) is described as such; already in post 1
3) GPS mix ON: Use GPS and glonass; Off = only use GPS. Already in post 1
4) I will add it,
5) I will add this more extended description.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solvin

deejayold

Aug 12, 2022
Welcome! I bought a DZ7Y-M300S type head unit! Unfortunately, the firmware update failed. Now the head unit is unusable, I probably used the wrong firmware! Can you help me? How to bring up the recovery menu? Can I get a working firmware from you? Unfortunately, the head unit is unusable! Thank you very much for your help in advance! Akos
Vagvolgyi Hungary
The image is now skewed by 45 degrees, so it is unusable! Please help me!
Thank you very much!
Now I want to update any firmware, it says that only firmware after 2022-07-02 is possible! Could I get a good firmware with a more recent date?
8G-128GB-Android-Car-Multimidia-7-Bright-Edge-for-VW-Volkswagen-Golf-Polo-Tiguan-Passat-Leon.j...jpg
YEER  DZ7Y-M300S   VW 7.jpg
M300S.jpg

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
Will add the relevant parts.

Edit: As the forum is English, the screenshots should have been English or translated. Now we have to translate everything by looking at it.

1) is indeed not entirely clear.
2) is described as such; already in post 1
3) GPS mix ON: Use GPS and glonass; Off = only use GPS. Already in post 1
4) I will add it,
5) I will add this more extended description.
I'm sorry I didn't think about putting the language of the car radio back in English before taking screenshots, also because I believe that the icons are the same for all languages. However, I apologize, I am a guest and for fairness I should have done it anyway. Unfortunately now I'm at work and when I go out I won't have time. I will be able to do it tomorrow in the early afternoon. I will edit my previous post with the wording in English. I apologize again

Tweak-NL

Aug 1, 2022
Welcome! I bought a DZ7Y-M300S type head unit! Unfortunately, the firmware update failed. Now the head unit is unusable, I probably used the wrong firmware! Can you help me? How to bring up the recovery menu? Can I get a working firmware from you? Unfortunately, the head unit is unusable! Thank you very much for your help in advance! Akos
Vagvolgyi Hungary
The image is now skewed by 45 degrees, so it is unusable! Please help me!
Thank you very much!
Now I want to update any firmware, it says that only firmware after 2022-07-02 is possible! Could I get a good firmware with a more recent date?View attachment 5683891View attachment 5683893View attachment 5683895
I think you could use the same firmware as i have.. But now it wont boot right? So putting the firmware on usb wont start the upgrade i think. Maybe someone can tell you how to fix it. (and maybe i could provide the firmware)

I got the M300S to but the 8 inch version. And why u tried other firmware because of problems?

deejayold

Aug 12, 2022
I think you could use the same firmware as i have.. But now it wont boot right? So putting the firmware on usb wont start the upgrade i think. Maybe someone can tell you how to fix it. (and maybe i could provide the firmware)

I got the M300S to but the 8 inch version. And why u tried other firmware because of problems?
I accidentally upgraded to the 8 inch version instead of the 7 inch version! Any firmware would be accepted, the USB firmware update works, but I can't go back, since the firmware I installed is dated 2022-07-02. You need a newer one or a downgrade! I don't know the downgrade solution!

deejayold

Aug 12, 2022
I had no problems with the original firmware! I just wanted to update! Since I put the latest firmware on it (only the 8-inch one, not the 7-inch one), the image is turned 90 degrees to the right and is unusable! I should restore the original firmware! But how???
Update.jpg

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I accidentally upgraded to the 8 inch version instead of the 7 inch version! Any firmware would be accepted, the USB firmware update works, but I can't go back, since the firmware I installed is dated 2022-07-02. You need a newer one or a downgrade! I don't know the downgrade solution!
On 4pda they released a modded kernel update that will disable this option. Then you can again flash whatever you want.
I had no problems with the original firmware! I just wanted to update! Since I put the latest firmware on it (only the 8-inch one, not the 7-inch one), the image is turned 90 degrees to the right and is unusable! I should restore the original firmware! But how???
If you had read the "VIII. Flashing a Full firmware, an AllAppUpdate.bin or a new system/kernel/core from another reseller" in post #2 of the General FYT based Spreadtrum uis7862 (unisoc ums512) - Q&A, Mods, tips, firmware, you would have seen that that is the first point I mention when you flash "something else FYT" to your unit.
Simply write a script to set the property to the correct "ro.sf.swrotation=xy (values 0, 90, 180, 270)"

Last edited:

deejayold

Aug 12, 2022
I cannot find the modded kernel update in question on 4pda… would you be so kind guiding me to the git link or the forum link, please? Many thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These radio mekede and ****, each time discovering more things that get in the way, lol 😂 😂
    Ah well you get what you pay right? I have been spending like a week or two, optimizing the system. Everytime I find something new....

And the thing being as well, while driving I don't have time to try out many things. But now I got to a point, that I think it's working fine. But I can't imagine an T'eyes or whichever overpriced random Chinese brand, is going be better.

They all kinds sell FYT units, only T'eyes put a lot of work in some own software. I say some.... because I guess in general you won't miss it.
    What do you mean by "In case it is not properly connected it will completely shutdown after 2 days"? The units are pretty much Plug&Play, what is "not properly connected"? So according to what you say, I can set the device to stay in sleep mode for 10 days before turning off completely and it won't damage the car battery? Is the battery supposed to provide voltage for such a long time without ignition?
    No, in case the ACC and CONT wire are reversely connected. That is not the mistake of FYT. It is the carelessness of the car manufacturers who now control everything via CANbus.
    In Settings you either switch it off or set it to deep sleep. And in another part of the Settings (see @DexterMorganNL post above), you set it how long it takes to switch off or go to deep sleep.
    But also in deep-sleep it will completely shutdown afer 3 days or so. Just to prevent the issues you might get in case of incorrectly connected ACC and CONT wires.
    And why would a slow load on your battery be bad for your battery? That is what is is made for.
    I have a mekede 700 s and I noticed, by measuring with the tester, 12 volts remain active even disabling the function from the factory settings, plus I noticed that when I remove the key from the steering wheel, 12 volts remain in the antenna power supply.
    amplified the mekede goes out.

You have a VAG car (Audi, Skoda, Seat, Volkswagen). They do everything via CANbus and don't care about the CONT and ACC wire. You can either switch the wires or do that from the settings to not have to fiddle with the wires.
    If you don't do that your car battery will be drained in 3~4 days.
    what are the settings? on the mekede m 700 s.
    You could have read the General FYT based Spreadtrum uis7862 (unisoc ums512) - Q&A, Mods, tips, firmware
    Under "FYT Settings" -> Factory -> Reverse power supply.
    It has nothing to do with Mekede 700 or whatever. It has to do with FYT models for the uis7862 and uis8514a.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
    Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
    It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).
    I finally received my Mekede uis7862 unit for my Octavia 2015, but it doesn't fit correctly. It needs to be pushed in and "click" tight. That is the system VW/Skoda/Seat/Audi use after 2013. That doesn't work and therefore it can easily fall out of the dashboard.
    I did a test drive this afternoon and as such the unit functions fine, but the fact that it is completely loose and can fall out of the dash is an extreme annoyance after having waited so long.

EDIT: And the 5GHz WiFi reception is a big deception. I have to park my car almost inside my nearest WiFi Mesh AP, while I have a perfect MESH WiFi network.