General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
GPS Mix it’s not glonass and gps. With that on when you listen music for example and using navigation at the same time the navigation voice will overlap the music but will not mute the music, with that off music will mute when you hear navigation voice.
Why do you quote me if your remark/question is on a completely different non-related topic?

And please explain what you mean and be specific in what you use.
Which nav app do you use? Which music player do you use? Which brand FYT unit? which firmware? You tell us nothing.

I use both Magic Erath and Google Maps and occasionally OsmAnd as navigation app and all with both glonass/GPS. I use DAB-x, normal radio and media players and all get muted /reduced when the navigation app issues the instructions.

Reactions: DexterMorganNL

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras
Why do you quote me if your remark/question is on a completely different non-related topic?

And please explain what you mean and be specific in what you use.
Which nav app do you use? Which music player do you use? Which brand FYT unit? which firmware? You tell us nothing.

I use both Magic Erath and Google Maps and occasionally OsmAnd as navigation app and all with both glonass/GPS. I use DAB-x, normal radio and media players and all get muted /reduced when the navigation app issues the instructions.
You pointed him to the specific thread and posts 1 and 2, In the first post in settings explain you have
that’s not the gps mix use. Doesn’t matter what I have and use.
  • GPS Mix ( ON = uses both GPS and GLONASS / OFF = only use GPS )

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
You pointed him to the specific thread and posts 1 and 2, In the first post in settings explain you have
that’s not the gps mix use. Doesn’t matter what I have and use.
Yes, but the OP (nicoss30) asked about firmware, Android version, MCU and how to flash firmwares. He didn't mention GPS/Glonass at all. It has absolutely nothing to do with what you ask or mention. So I really don't understand you quoting me.
And secondly: you mention something about whatever combination not being muted when using GPS/Glonass. So that is obviously your problem and not of the OP, but you don't tell us what you use.
At least that is what I understand from your post.
And I still don't understand whether you have a problem, want me to adapt something in my posts, or if you want to tell us something.

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras
Yes, but the OP (nicoss30) asked about firmware, Android version, MCU and how to flash firmwares. He didn't mention GPS/Glonass at all. It has absolutely nothing to do with what you ask or mention. So I really don't understand you quoting me.
And secondly: you mention something about whatever combination not being muted when using GPS/Glonass. So that is obviously your problem and not of the OP, but you don't tell us what you use.
At least that is what I understand from your post.
And I still don't understand whether you have a problem, want me to adapt something in my posts, or if you want to tell us something.
I don’t have any problem, I quoted you because it’s your posts in the thread you pointed him and I read it. You should fix the explanation for gps mix. The translation is terrible for this units, I don’t use it with my native language because it’s even worst.

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
No need to update the firmware from these devices..... that's unnecessarily risks, because it's like magic going happen when you find an updated firmware. If you already need to ask for it, than don't even think about updating.

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
Excuse me, I don't know if I'm going OT.
I have a Navifly M700S mounted on a Peugeot 308. In addition to the M700S I also bought from the same dealer I took the canbus XP because the canbus supplied with the radio did not show me the air conditioning and not all the steering wheel controls worked.
I find a problem that I expose, but I don't know if it is related to the canbus XP or has nothing to do. The problem I find is that while resetting the maintenance counter indicator after a few kilometers, it shows me again the countdown to perform maintenance. Can someone tell me if this depends on the radio or the canbus please?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I don’t have any problem, I quoted you because it’s your posts in the thread you pointed him and I read it. You should fix the explanation for gps mix. The translation is terrible for this units, I don’t use it with my native language because it’s even worst.
I now understand what you mean.
It is indeed an incorrect translation and an incorrect explanation of the Setting.
If I switch to other languages than English, I even get better translations.
I then get "audio mix between navigation app and media".
In English it should be (in combination with the second setting which only works if GPS Mix is set to On:
  • GPS Mix ( ON = Will reduce/mute media/radio when "speaking" navigation instruction; OFF = media will not be reduced/muted when navigation app issues instruction )
  • Sound mixing scale ( Set volume of background audio when "navigation speaks" (for example: Volume currently 10 so navigation uses 10, background music uses volume set here )

However, All my navigation apps (Google Maps, Magic Earth, OsmAnd) do have a setting themselves to mute/reduce audio when a navigation instruction is spoken. OsmAnd can even pause the media and continue after the instruction. I suppose this is a very old setting,

@leo06: Thank you for pointing me to this error in the Settings explanation !

Last edited:
Reactions: leo06

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras
I now understand what you mean.
It is indeed an incorrect translation and an incorrect explanation of the Setting.
If I switch to other languages than English, I even get better translations.
I then get "audio mix between navigation app and media".
In English it should be (in combination with the second seeting which only works if GPS Mix is set to On:
  • GPS Mix ( ON = Will reduce/mute media/radio when "speaking" navigation instruction; OFF = media will not be reduced/muted when navigation app issues instruction )
  • Sound mixing scale ( Set volume of background audio when "navigation speaks" (for example: Volume currently 10 so navigation uses 10, background music uses volume set here )

However, All my navigation apps (Google Maps, Magic Earth, OsmAnd) do have a setting themselves to mute/reduce audio when a navigation instruction is spoken. OsmAnd can even pause the media and continue after the instruction. I suppose this is a very old setting,

@leo06: Thank you for pointing me to this error in the Settings explanation !
I don’t know for other translations but in Greek the translation is way worst than English.

Reactions: Lakis_dj

wowa-07

Oct 20, 2022
Hello,
is it possible to exchange the antenna G5 (5Ghz)?
I have very bad reception

Hallo,
ist es möglich die Antenne G5 (5Ghz) zu tauschen?
ich habe sehr schlechtes empfang

Attachments

• 26665833.jpg
    26665833.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 54

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Try and post details about how you did it. That's how xda works if you can't find information about the topic after searching first

Reactions: DexterMorganNL

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Hello,
is it possible to exchange the antenna G5 (5Ghz)?
I have very bad reception
Difficult on these new units. You have to open the unit and desolder the current 5 HGz antenna. Then you can resolder a new antenna. That was done more often on the old units to get the antenna more in the open.

And yes: 5 GHz reception is very bad due to the antenna and 2.4 GHz is still badly influenced by the Bluetooth frequency mixing.

crazynuts222

Oct 23, 2022
Hi guys, I just bought a new navifly 7862 Tesla style screen from aliexpress. Installation was Plug and Play and fairly straight forward.
Every thing works. However, all the OEM front and rear cameras only work once I open the "Front View" camera app in the system.
Front and rear cameras (when i engage "R") work fine while the app is open.
-------------------
What I cant seem to get right is how to get the reverse camera to come on automatically when I engage the gear to "R"
without having to manually open the app first?

I've looked through the settings. Can't find anything. Any advice would be appreciated...I have also tried messaging the vendor...but Im not keeping my hopes high.
-------------------
Thank you so much in advance.

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
When you are in reverse, press and hold the screen and see if some options pop up. If nothing pops up, open the app manually and then try again

You might be able to enable reverse from there. Let us know if you do get it working

stealthee

Dec 15, 2007
When I press the power button on the unit top left. it turns off the screen AND mutes the sound. But when I press the volume/power button on my dash it only turns off the screen. This would typically be where someone would normally mute/off the radio. Anyone know how to fix this. I have the m600s mekede. Hope i spelled that correctly.

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
I am looking at getting a M700S unit from Mekede and already have 2 BT OBD2 units both identified with OBD at the start of their BT name. Looking at the BT on the unit will only connect to one device which is assumed to be a phone but I want to only use the BT for an OBD2 unit and the Torque app. Will the BT connect to an OBD2 unit. Mekede push you to get their WiFI OBD2 unit and I want the wifi to use my phones hotspot.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
I am looking at getting a M700S unit from Mekede and already have 2 BT OBD2 units both identified with OBD at the start of their BT name. Looking at the BT on the unit will only connect to one device which is assumed to be a phone but I want to only use the BT for an OBD2 unit and the Torque app. Will the BT connect to an OBD2 unit. Mekede push you to get their WiFI OBD2 unit and I want the wifi to use my phones hotspot.
Forget BT, yes it will pair with type 53 and 116 FYT UIS7862 both sold by Mekede/navifly but USB is SO much better.

Get a genuine OBDLink SX and be amazed at the reliability (I've never had a single connection issue) and the speed is far superior to Genuine or garbage knock off BT types

Reactions: kommando

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
Yes I have the LX version already and that is fast for BT too and very reliable, think I will try with the LX first using the fix detailed elsewhere and get the SX if I get issues.

Reactions: marchnz

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
Perfect, just have to sort out the Subaru OEM rear camera, this runs on 6V not 12V, allegedly so it can be on permanently with ignition to give an immediate lag free picture and not burn out. It does show up on the Subaru screen instantaneously and works so hard to justify the work to replace it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The lower picture shows Gmaps in picture in picture mode (PIP) which is used in several launchers. @surfer63 has explained that before, too. It's sometimes the sequence in which you open Gmaps that affects that, as in whether you open it as the standalone app or right away in PIP mode.
    You will get some more advise I think but let's see if that can be fixed.
    Speaking of which, is it better to install Frontapp for teyes first and then your installer or is it better to do the opposite?
    It makes no difference what order you install them.
    But in short: As long as a launcher creates a PIP window, and GMaps is started in/from this PIP window, it will behave as a PIP application.
    Or simply use splitscreen, optionally with my 60/40 modded PeaceOS SystemUI.
    Or, and I don't like to say this, use Android Auto via Carlink which gives you a perfect GMaps experience (or Magic Earth, Waze, Sygic) with an AA enabled music player.
    Yes i use the lancher 27 and i don't use teyes Frontapp.
    Tomorrow i install it.
    Tanck you @surfer63.
    When i install Teyes Frontapp, what should i do?
    It gives the option of setting dozens of apps in the PIP window.
    You can also turn on a "favourites loop" which is how I used it. I had 4 apps set and each click of the Frontapp icon would cycle the 4 apps.
    Very easy to use. You'll work it out.
    @surfer63 has explained that before, too.
    page 62 of this thread: Here.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
    Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
    It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).
    Hello. Is there any way to update MCU YIN 53?
    Can I use this NOR 53?
    https://xdaforums.com/t/medeke-navifly-7862.4248969/post-88957339
    You should never update MCU if you don't have any issues with yours.