General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras
Forget BT, yes it will pair with type 53 and 116 FYT UIS7862 both sold by Mekede/navifly but USB is SO much better.

Get a genuine OBDLink SX and be amazed at the reliability (I've never had a single connection issue) and the speed is far superior to Genuine or garbage knock off BT types
Do you have OBDLink SX and is working with fyt units? Whith wat app works, torque?

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras

Attachments

• 893538C8-5769-400E-81E2-CCB0D4228B91.jpeg
    893538C8-5769-400E-81E2-CCB0D4228B91.jpeg
    670.7 KB · Views: 28

Mrq007

Sep 4, 2022
Hi, I am experiencing difficulties with Google Maps voice navigation when the radio is on, the M500S 10" unit. Basically, the volume of the sound is too low when the radio is on; however, when using any other music player, voice navigation works fine. I checked all sound settings, from GPS mix to sound mix, were turned on or off, but nothing worked. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?
Just do software update. I hade same issue and now work pretty nice.

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
I tried several times to connect my OBD2 Bluetooth with my Navifly M700S without success. If I connect the OBD2 to the appropriate socket of the machine, through Bluetooth my smartphone, a Huawei P30, recognizes it immediately. If instead I try to make it recognize the M700S, the latter does not see it at all. I notice this from the Torque program that fails to detect it. Is there a particular method to have the Navifly recognize OBD2? The thing, strange to me, is that I can not find in the options of the M700S an option to turn Bluetooth on or off. My smartphone and my son's Iphone are correctly recognized in Bluetooth, in fact opening the Bluetooth app on the Navifly are both listed. Isn't it that by chance these UIS 7862 can only accept 2 Bluetooth devices only?

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
Some complaining from my side:
My WiFi reception on my Mekede 500 is really terrible. It was bad in my previous Joying SC953i, but that was explainable as on all the sc9853i (and previous PX5s) the 2.4GHz Wifi was using the same frequencies as the bluetooth, thereby disturbing each other.
Now on my Mekede M500 uis7862, I can't even connect to my house wifi even if my car is parked (literally) 3 meters from my access point giving both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz. It simply can't connect as the signal is not strong enough whereas our phones (my wifes, my personal and work phone) have at that distance full signal strength.

If I use the hotspot from my phone it is OK from the frontrow seats of my car. If I put my phone on the back seats of my car, the signal received is also very bad.

And it seems to get worse over the months.

Anyone else?
I know Surfers post was from a long time ago but I look to have the same issues.

Currently my M700s is not in the car but powered from a battery and being used inside. The wifi on 2.4Ghz lists all of the house Wifi 2.4Ghtz transmitters but none of the 5ghz. For it to use the phone Hotspot the phone has to be within 2 or 4 ft of the unit and even though the phone is dual 2.4/5Ghz it only connects on 2.4Ghz.

I turned on the M700S's own Hotspot set to 5Ghz and it shows up and the phone connects so it can transmit 5Ghz but does not seem to be able to receive 5Ghz or maybe it could if I set it right next to a router.

I thought it might help by fitting the 4G antenna but once fitted the results are the same. As I plan on using Bluetooth for Torque Pro it would be best if I could force 5Ghz Wifi but if it does not work that is scuppered and I will have to go for USB.

The black rubber coated 5Ghx antenna looks to be directly soldered to the board, maybe it could be replaced with an SMA type socket for a full 5G antenna to be screwed onto it like the 4G and the GPS.

See at 7.20 on this

That's not showing, search for '

EKIY T7 Tech Deep Dive & Tech Teardown / Overview for 200 Series Toyota Land Cruiser' on You Tube and go to 7.20.

Is there any hidden settings, I fixed my 5G on my Draytek router by changing the channels it transmits on and no more drops of service.

Update: I took a phone that can create hotspots on only 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz and set it to 5Ghz and put it under the unit next to the antenna and then did a wifi search on the Unit and the phone never appeared in the list. Odd when you can set the unit to create its own 5Ghz hotspot that works.

Last edited:

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
I tried several times to connect my OBD2 Bluetooth with my Navifly M700S without success. If I connect the OBD2 to the appropriate socket of the machine, through Bluetooth my smartphone, a Huawei P30, recognizes it immediately. If instead I try to make it recognize the M700S, the latter does not see it at all. I notice this from the Torque program that fails to detect it. Is there a particular method to have the Navifly recognize OBD2? The thing, strange to me, is that I can not find in the options of the M700S an option to turn Bluetooth on or off. My smartphone and my son's Iphone are correctly recognized in Bluetooth, in fact opening the Bluetooth app on the Navifly are both listed. Isn't it that by chance these UIS 7862 can only accept 2 Bluetooth devices only?
I got my OBDlink LX to work by pairing it as the first ever pairing, I only then added the phone after running Torque Pro and connecting to the OBDlink LX.

So delink all the current BT pairs, reboot and then pair only to your OBD2, next try your OBD2 app and try connecting to the car.

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
I got my OBDlink LX to work by pairing it as the first ever pairing, I only then added the phone after running Torque Pro and connecting to the OBDlink LX.

So delink all the current BT pairs, reboot and then pair only to your OBD2, next try your OBD2 app and try connecting to the car.
I do not have an OBDLink LX but an OBD2 as in the picture
41lWjss5XLL_29d3a6b6-bfbe-4411-8a22-c0e3732c677a_900x.jpg

The brand is not the same but the device is very similar.
When I did the tests, the smartphones were not connected to the M700S. Despite this, the OBD2 did not connect to the M700S.

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
What is it called on BT, if its name does not start with OBD then it will not connect its, one of the 'Features' of these boxes. So my OBDlink is called OBDLink LX on Bluetooth and so it will connect.

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
What is it called on BT, if its name does not start with OBD then it will not connect its, one of the 'Features' of these boxes. So my OBDlink is called OBDLink LX on Bluetooth and so it will connect.
Where should I see his name? In the Bluetooth app (the one where I can see the names of the smartphones that have been previously connected) there is no other name outside of the two aforementioned smartphones

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
Where should I see his name? In the Bluetooth app (the one where I can see the names of the smartphones that have been previously connected) there is no other name outside of the two aforementioned smartphones
Go to one of your phones and with the OBD connected to the car with ignition on do a Bluetooth search on the phone and it will list all the nearby bluetooth devices by name.

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
Go to one of your phones and with the OBD connected to the car with ignition on do a Bluetooth search on the phone and it will list all the nearby bluetooth devices by name.
Ok I'll do it as soon as I get in the car, now I'm at work for a while. Once I have the name what should I do? And if his name doesn't start with OBD, how could I rename him?

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
Not aware of any way to rename, the Chinese do this to try to force you to buy one of their OBD units.
I managed to show the M700S the OBD2 interface. It is called "obd--2." I see it from the Bluetooth app as in the picture. But Torque light doesn't see it at all.

IMG_20221128_194349.jpgIMG_20221128_192513.jpg

I just don't know how to do it. You have some solutions?

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
I managed to show the M700S the OBD2 interface. It is called "obd--2." I see it from the Bluetooth app as in the picture. But Torque light doesn't see it at all.

View attachment 5772625View attachment 5772627

I just don't know how to do it. You have some solutions?
You need to move it from pairable to paired on the unit before torque can see it, so click on it and enter the pairing code for the obd which will be in the obd instructions. It's Mac address is odd, maybe an issue.

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
You need to move it from pairable to paired on the unit before torque can see it, so click on it and enter the pairing code for the obd which will be in the obd instructions. It's Mac address is odd, maybe an issue.
As you may have understood, I am a newbie in this area. How do i move it from coupling to coupled? Maybe I can try to delete smartphones and try to recognize the OBD2?
Unfortunately I no longer have his instructions, but I suppose I would easily have to guess I.

It's Mac address is odd, maybe an issue.
I had noticed this strange number of the Mac address, but I do not know what it is due to.

Meanwhile, thank you for your help 👍

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
How do i move it from coupling to coupled? Maybe I can try to delete smartphones and try to recognize the OBD2?

The same way you paired it on your P30 phone, so you click on it on the screen and wait for the dialogue box to appear, enter the obd code and do not tick share contacts and then click pair.

I would delete the 2 phones from the paired list.

Reactions: Specy01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The lower picture shows Gmaps in picture in picture mode (PIP) which is used in several launchers. @surfer63 has explained that before, too. It's sometimes the sequence in which you open Gmaps that affects that, as in whether you open it as the standalone app or right away in PIP mode.
    You will get some more advise I think but let's see if that can be fixed.
    Speaking of which, is it better to install Frontapp for teyes first and then your installer or is it better to do the opposite?
    It makes no difference what order you install them.
    But in short: As long as a launcher creates a PIP window, and GMaps is started in/from this PIP window, it will behave as a PIP application.
    Or simply use splitscreen, optionally with my 60/40 modded PeaceOS SystemUI.
    Or, and I don't like to say this, use Android Auto via Carlink which gives you a perfect GMaps experience (or Magic Earth, Waze, Sygic) with an AA enabled music player.
    Yes i use the lancher 27 and i don't use teyes Frontapp.
    Tomorrow i install it.
    Tanck you @surfer63.
    When i install Teyes Frontapp, what should i do?
    It gives the option of setting dozens of apps in the PIP window.
    You can also turn on a "favourites loop" which is how I used it. I had 4 apps set and each click of the Frontapp icon would cycle the 4 apps.
    Very easy to use. You'll work it out.
    @surfer63 has explained that before, too.
    page 62 of this thread: Here.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
    Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
    It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).
    Hello. Is there any way to update MCU YIN 53?
    Can I use this NOR 53?
    https://xdaforums.com/t/medeke-navifly-7862.4248969/post-88957339
    You should never update MCU if you don't have any issues with yours.