General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
Not aware of any way to rename, the Chinese do this to try to force you to buy one of their OBD units.
I managed to show the M700S the OBD2 interface. It is called "obd--2." I see it from the Bluetooth app as in the picture. But Torque light doesn't see it at all.

IMG_20221128_194349.jpgIMG_20221128_192513.jpg

I just don't know how to do it. You have some solutions?

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
I managed to show the M700S the OBD2 interface. It is called "obd--2." I see it from the Bluetooth app as in the picture. But Torque light doesn't see it at all.

View attachment 5772625View attachment 5772627

I just don't know how to do it. You have some solutions?
You need to move it from pairable to paired on the unit before torque can see it, so click on it and enter the pairing code for the obd which will be in the obd instructions. It's Mac address is odd, maybe an issue.

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
You need to move it from pairable to paired on the unit before torque can see it, so click on it and enter the pairing code for the obd which will be in the obd instructions. It's Mac address is odd, maybe an issue.
As you may have understood, I am a newbie in this area. How do i move it from coupling to coupled? Maybe I can try to delete smartphones and try to recognize the OBD2?
Unfortunately I no longer have his instructions, but I suppose I would easily have to guess I.

It's Mac address is odd, maybe an issue.
I had noticed this strange number of the Mac address, but I do not know what it is due to.

Meanwhile, thank you for your help 👍

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
How do i move it from coupling to coupled? Maybe I can try to delete smartphones and try to recognize the OBD2?

The same way you paired it on your P30 phone, so you click on it on the screen and wait for the dialogue box to appear, enter the obd code and do not tick share contacts and then click pair.

I would delete the 2 phones from the paired list.

Reactions: Specy01

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
How do i move it from coupling to coupled? Maybe I can try to delete smartphones and try to recognize the OBD2?

The same way you paired it on your P30 phone, so you click on it on the screen and wait for the dialogue box to appear, enter the obd code and do not tick share contacts and then click pair.

I'll try again tomorrow morning going to work. I'll let you know

Tweak-NL

Aug 1, 2022
Today needed my Google maps.. But it looks like Google made a new update that has a bug in it? See the attachment i am not able to swipe that 'settings thing' away where the red line is.. More people with this problem? Or maybe a noob question? Pressing the X just stops the route..

Attachments

• googlemapsupdate.jpg
    googlemapsupdate.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 49

[email protected]

Sep 28, 2013
SÃO PAULO
Today needed my Google maps.. But it looks like Google made a new update that has a bug in it? See the attachment i am not able to swipe that 'settings thing' away where the red line is.. More people with this problem? Or maybe a noob question? Pressing the X just stops the route..
And a bug yes friend, we have to wait for a new update for this correction.

Reactions: Tweak-NL

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015

I tried again this morning, I deleted the paired smartphones and the FYT detected it by always putting it in "pairable devices", always keeping that strange number of Mac address. Obviously I don't even have the ability to enter the OBD2 code. I had little time and I will try again in the afternoon. Meanwhile, tomorrow a colleague of mine will lend me his OBD2.

owhbaem

Nov 21, 2013
I just got mekede m6 pro..

My question is
1.How to fix duplicate phone contact number?
2. Is there any additional theme that i can add?
3. How to use frontapp on the teyes

Thank you in advance

Gscipione

Jun 30, 2022
Serbia
i have the same bug. Hopefully a new update will solve it

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
I know Surfers post was from a long time ago but I look to have the same issues.

Currently my M700s is not in the car but powered from a battery and being used inside. The wifi on 2.4Ghz lists all of the house Wifi 2.4Ghtz transmitters but none of the 5ghz. For it to use the phone Hotspot the phone has to be within 2 or 4 ft of the unit and even though the phone is dual 2.4/5Ghz it only connects on 2.4Ghz.

I turned on the M700S's own Hotspot set to 5Ghz and it shows up and the phone connects so it can transmit 5Ghz but does not seem to be able to receive 5Ghz or maybe it could if I set it right next to a router.

I thought it might help by fitting the 4G antenna but once fitted the results are the same. As I plan on using Bluetooth for Torque Pro it would be best if I could force 5Ghz Wifi but if it does not work that is scuppered and I will have to go for USB.

The black rubber coated 5Ghx antenna looks to be directly soldered to the board, maybe it could be replaced with an SMA type socket for a full 5G antenna to be screwed onto it like the 4G and the GPS.

See at 7.20 on this

That's not showing, search for '

EKIY T7 Tech Deep Dive & Tech Teardown / Overview for 200 Series Toyota Land Cruiser' on You Tube and go to 7.20.

Is there any hidden settings, I fixed my 5G on my Draytek router by changing the channels it transmits on and no more drops of service.

Update: I took a phone that can create hotspots on only 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz and set it to 5Ghz and put it under the unit next to the antenna and then did a wifi search on the Unit and the phone never appeared in the list. Odd when you can set the unit to create its own 5Ghz hotspot that works.
Well finally got some 5Ghz routers to show but still not the phone, I am now thinking the 7862 units Wifi has a restricted sets of bands especially on 5Ghtz.

I installed the Android Shortcuts Settings app from

and went into engineering menu and played around.

If this page is correct then 5Ghz is restricted to 6 channels 42, 58, 106, 122, 138 and 155. I went in and changed each band's bandwidth from 20mhz to 80mhz and then the routers appeared. I think expanding the bandwidth increases the channels as each 20mhz is one channel.

Channels.jpg

Last edited:

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
I tried again this morning, I deleted the paired smartphones and the FYT detected it by always putting it in "pairable devices", always keeping that strange number of Mac address. Obviously I don't even have the ability to enter the OBD2 code. I had little time and I will try again in the afternoon. Meanwhile, tomorrow a colleague of mine will lend me his OBD2.
@kommando,
my colleague lent me his OBD2 dongle (is the white in the photo) while mine is the black in the photo. IMG_20221130_060757.jpg
IMG_20221130_060810.jpg

The Bluetooth app of the M700S recognizes it immediately (its name is "carista") but even this remains between pairable devices. I also have no option to enter the PIN. Note that this time the Mac address is not strange. Even with this OBD2, Torque doesn't see it. Maybe I just have to buy another OBD2, But which one should I buy? Is anyone aware of a specific cheap OBD2 compatible with the Peugeot?

halloj

Jun 1, 2008
@kommando,
my colleague lent me his OBD2 dongle (is the white in the photo) while mine is the black in the photo. View attachment 5773639
View attachment 5773643

The Bluetooth app of the M700S recognizes it immediately (its name is "carista") but even this remains between pairable devices. I also have no option to enter the PIN. Note that this time the Mac address is not strange. Even with this OBD2, Torque doesn't see it. Maybe I just have to buy another OBD2, But which one should I buy? Is anyone aware of a specific cheap OBD2 compatible with the Peugeot?
Carista is not a general OBD2 unit. It runs with a specific Carista app and only specific car brands. The purpose is to modify certain functions which cannot be changed normally from the basic car menu. E.g tilting outside mirrors when in reverse and so on.

Reactions: Specy01

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
Carista is not a general OBD2 unit. It runs with a specific Carista app and only specific car brands. The purpose is to modify certain functions which cannot be changed normally from the basic car menu. E.g tilting outside mirrors when in reverse and so on.
Thank you for the clarification. Do you have any suggestions for the purchase of a specific OBD2 that is right for me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    new here with a FYT 7862 Mekede M500 and running it with Vivid Launcher.

So far everything it is working as expected (for my needs), I only have an issue with daytime / nightime brightness that I need to switch manually.

I have succesfully removed the oem radio app and replace it with NavRadio Free (but in fact I don't listen to radio). :LOL:

I wanted to thanks everyone in this thread (read it all 2 times) because a lot of the answers where already there.
    Hi everyone, I have a Navifly M700S and have been having issues with the unit dimming the backlight.
    I've got the canbus installed and set to the right CAN manufacturer and car but it doesn't sense the illumination signal.
    Because of this I changed the backlight control to "time set", but the times it is using are wrong (i.e. its full brightness in the dark).

Does anyone know a way to change the time figures the unit is using to decide if it should be on day or night dimming?
    I've tried the fix where you adjust backlight voltage or brightness slightly but that hasn't worked.
    I'm starting to wonder if I have some CAN issues; I can use SWC but radar visuals on screen don't work. Vehicle in question is a 2012 Mondeo and I have a Raise CANBUS box.

Cheers!

Hello friend, unfortunately this radio has this problem so I use this App that you configure it and it dims the brightness at the specified time, very good indeed.

One other thing on my list was to replace the 5Ghz wifi antenna - these look to have just a small stubby antenna but I am assuming it has a smaller SMA-type connector on the board since Teyes modes have a larger 5GHz external antenna to use.
    No, it is soldered directly to the board, so to replace you will have to desolder the current antenna and then solder on a new board mount SMA female so you can then screw on a SMA male antenna.
    To get the reversing camera on when not in reverse use a 2 position switch to connect the ACC wire to the reverse wire on the head unit in one position and normal reverse wire to reverse wire on the head unit. I use this to check on the trailer when towing. I don't have 360 so it may not work on a 360 unit but I cannot see why not.
    Has anyone got the new Android Auto Coolwalk UI working on these units?
    Hadn't rolled out to me yet, but just enabled Coolwalk to have a look.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
    Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
    It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).
    I finally received my Mekede uis7862 unit for my Octavia 2015, but it doesn't fit correctly. It needs to be pushed in and "click" tight. That is the system VW/Skoda/Seat/Audi use after 2013. That doesn't work and therefore it can easily fall out of the dashboard.
    I did a test drive this afternoon and as such the unit functions fine, but the fact that it is completely loose and can fall out of the dash is an extreme annoyance after having waited so long.

EDIT: And the 5GHz WiFi reception is a big deception. I have to park my car almost inside my nearest WiFi Mesh AP, while I have a perfect MESH WiFi network.