General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

marjanoos

Mar 27, 2012
Dortmund
The second problem is that the loading of the camera application takes too long. From the moment of shifting into reverse it takes 3-4 seconds, and in my opinion it should take 1 second
Did you manage to deal with that delay?
I hope you will come back to the forums and reply me :)

@DexterMorganNL you wrote that delay is inevitable but actually it's not. I had MTCE device previously and reverse image was instant (and I know that's different device). Here it's about 3-4 second which makes the reverse camera useless.

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
Did you manage to deal with that delay?
I hope you will come back to the forums and reply me :)

@DexterMorganNL you wrote that delay is inevitable but actually it's not. I had MTCE device previously and reverse image was instant (and I know that's different device). Here it's about 3-4 second which makes the reverse camera useless.
Yes a delay, while starting the engine: not while the engine is running, than there is no delay between going into reserve and the camera. The delay is because the headunit needs to wake from sleep.

marjanoos

Mar 27, 2012
Dortmund
There's no difference in my case. When I put the reverse with engine running, 3 seconds between reverse screen is showing.

Also was anybody able to install updates for those integrated app store apps? Like canbus, protocol etc.? When I try to install them, I get "app wasn't installed".

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
There's no difference in my case. When I put the reverse with engine running, 3 seconds between reverse screen is showing.

Also was anybody able to install updates for those integrated app store apps? Like canbus, protocol etc.? When I try to install them, I get "app wasn't installed".
Only the Carlink, the others I didn't try to install and no that app store show some error. So it's not working somehow.

Lakis_dj

Jan 26, 2021

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2023-03-21 194509.png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2023-03-21 194509.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 62

marjanoos

Mar 27, 2012
Dortmund
For the record: I was dumb :D I assumed that if there's no camera attached, head unit would go into reverse mode as quick as if camera was attached (but with black screen only).

So when I thought "well, let's try to connect the camera" and I've found that image is showing instantly.

radekdb87

Mar 26, 2023
213 / 5 000

Wyniki tłumaczenia​

Tłumaczenie​

star_border
Hello! I am a new user and I have a question. Where can I submit a translation correction request? For example, the Settings feature. There are very big gaps in my language. Thank you for your answer. I have a model M300s Navifly.

[email protected]

Sep 28, 2013
SÃO PAULO

Top Liked Posts

I recently bought M500S and everything works great with stock hardware in my car (reveres camera, GPS antenna, USB port...). I have one problem for now and that is BT connection with my OBD vGATE . I can see it in list of devices with correct MAC address but when I try to link it it fails.
    - code for it is 1234 and I set up that in radio (code was tested with my phone), also tried with 0000 or 6789
    - enabled OBD option under factory settings
    - tried to removed OBD and reinsert
    - rebooted radio

Any advice?

Thank you.
    I've not messed with OBD yet, but I've read elsewhere that unless the device name begins with "OBD" the headunit won't connect to it.
    Name is VLINK no OBD in name.
    That is probably your problem. From what I've read, it has to start with ODB or the headunit won't even look at it.
    I wouldn't mind seeing that video (just out of curiosity)
    Also, what device do you have/plan to have running through the hdmi input (again, just curious)
    Here you go.... I can see the contacts much clearer in the video than next to my own thumb, in real life they're too tiny for my old eyes, couldn't even get the camera to focus that close up. I've got a raspberry pi that I've set up as an emulation station that I wanted to use for now, but the plan was to get a ps4/5 running off an inverter.
    Could you also share the HDMI360 apk they sent you in case anyone needs it in future?

If it were me I would be tempted to try a (very) temporary fix (not with solder) to check if bridging those 2 sets of pins fixes the issue. If it does give audio then I'd hand my unit in to a local repair shop that I'm familiar with as that's too small a fix for my DIY soldering kit and my skills.

A bit late as I am far from an expert on HDMI (input) on these units, but you were discussing some HDMI apk. Did you not mean an lcdconfig for HDMI?
    It's a dedicated apk for playing the HDMI in source. They finally sent him it (he confirms a few posts ago). You can see in the video the app is named HDMI1.
    Does anybody have a working link to this file 7862-A12-wbt-9-10.rar I think this is the latest update to the FYT 116 6315 units or if anybody has the latest firmware please share, all the links I found even at the manf site are dead end
    Edit: correct link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/137ZFT1jonAPdiVJHheveaGG0Anwgrv8G/view?usp=drivesdk
    J'ai un problème car j'ai payé en 4x via Paypal et je viens de régler la première mensualité (430€ pour l'appareil + 50€ de frais/4 : 117€ par mois).
    J'ai déjà demandé un retour avec remboursement intégral et j'attends.

@Somgym, before publishing your post, but also if you want to quote a user's post, you must make sure that the automatic translator of your browser does not translate the page. I'll explain how I do it. I use my smartphone. First of all I disable the automatic browser translator, then I open a translation app (there are many in the store), I write my post in this app in my language, after that I copy the English translation of what I wrote, then I open the browser on the forum and paste the English translation, in the message I want to send. If you have problems, tell me, I write to you privately in French, I am almost native speaker
    Did you not know when you purchased that it was fake Android 12?
    I think anyone who knows this and purchases with the hope of getting a rebate/discount can't complain if they are ruled against by AliExpress.
    No, I did not know it was fake Android 12, and I am not trying to get a rebate / discount.
    I don't think it is relevant to know in advance. If they say it is Android 12 and it isn't, it's wrong by them. They can really change it with a new Android version on new units, that is different than Android version on the units sold before. We can't judge that on previous experience (although we might know better).
    If they say it has HDMI instead of 360cam, you als have to trust the advertisement. And if it is wrong, the reseller is wrong.
    If they say that the M6pro has a 2000x1200 screen, and you get a 1280x720, because others have it as well, the reseller is wrong.

You order based on what they advertise, not on experience on previous models or previous buyers.
    That we know better in practice and that is is different in practice, is not relevant. Legally the reseller is wrong.
    I recently bought M500S and everything works great with stock hardware in my car (reveres camera, GPS antenna, USB port...). I have one problem for now and that is BT connection with my OBD vGATE . I can see it in list of devices with correct MAC address but when I try to link it it fails.
    - code for it is 1234 and I set up that in radio (code was tested with my phone), also tried with 0000 or 6789
    - enabled OBD option under factory settings
    - tried to removed OBD and reinsert
    - rebooted radio

Any advice?

Thank you.
    I've not messed with OBD yet, but I've read elsewhere that unless the device name begins with "OBD" the headunit won't connect to it.
    Name is VLINK no OBD in name.
    That is probably your problem. From what I've read, it has to start with ODB or the headunit won't even look at it.
    I wouldn't mind seeing that video (just out of curiosity)
    Also, what device do you have/plan to have running through the hdmi input (again, just curious)
    Here you go.... I can see the contacts much clearer in the video than next to my own thumb, in real life they're too tiny for my old eyes, couldn't even get the camera to focus that close up. I've got a raspberry pi that I've set up as an emulation station that I wanted to use for now, but the plan was to get a ps4/5 running off an inverter.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
    Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
    It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).
    I finally received my Mekede uis7862 unit for my Octavia 2015, but it doesn't fit correctly. It needs to be pushed in and "click" tight. That is the system VW/Skoda/Seat/Audi use after 2013. That doesn't work and therefore it can easily fall out of the dashboard.
    I did a test drive this afternoon and as such the unit functions fine, but the fact that it is completely loose and can fall out of the dash is an extreme annoyance after having waited so long.

EDIT: And the 5GHz WiFi reception is a big deception. I have to park my car almost inside my nearest WiFi Mesh AP, while I have a perfect MESH WiFi network.