• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I brought two M600 units (fyt = 116 Mekede) received a couple of days ago.

As part of the sale, the reseller sent me 'upgrade' Android 11 files.
Not from the Mekede Official store on AlExpress? Some other reseller on Ali Express?

Edit: You mention the M600. I also now see K600. I don't see any difference apart from the mentioned "Update to Android 11" and the K600 missing the HDMI connection. It is still API 29, so still Android 10.
Stupid resellers.

Last edited:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Not from the Mekede Official store on AlExpress? Some other reseller on Ali Express?

Edit: You mention the M600. I also now see K600. I don't see any difference apart from the mentioned "Update to Android 11" and the K600 missing the HDMI connection. It is still API 29, so still Android 10.
Stupid resellers.

Yes, mekede 'official store'.

I'm not overly bothered, just somewhat surprised to identify a property that enables faking the Android version. It also enabled the Android 11 Easter egg. Crazy.

Aksuli

Mar 17, 2014
I just installed 7862 unit to my 2008 Mazda 6. However, my steering wheel buttons are not working and I can't change the clock on my car, so I think the CAN bus adapter box is not working properly. My car's info display also says "Raise Tech" which refers to the manufacturer of the CAN box, so it has some sort of connection going on.

I read from some Polish forums that I should choose the CAN box manufacturer in car info settings, but for me there is no "Raise" or "Raise Tech" in there so I tried all with "Mazda 6" without success. I also wonder if I'm supposed to wire the steering wheel controls using "KEY 1" and "KEY2" wires, but I think that wouldn't fix the car clock adjusting and the "Raise Tech" text issues? Also the labels on my wires don't correspond to the pictures that the seller has on Aliexpress and I am also missing "KEY 2" labeled wire completely. Any suggestions?

My issue is very similar to what rjsmith2007 wrote in #36 message on page 2 in this conversation (for some reason I can't quote anything from that page but all other pages work fine??)

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
I just installed 7862 unit to my 2008 Mazda 6. However, my steering wheel buttons are not working and I can't change the clock on my car, so I think the CAN bus adapter box is not working properly. My car's info display also says "Raise Tech" which refers to the manufacturer of the CAN box, so it has some sort of connection going on.

I read from some Polish forums that I should choose the CAN box manufacturer in car info settings, but for me there is no "Raise" or "Raise Tech" in there so I tried all with "Mazda 6" without success. I also wonder if I'm supposed to wire the steering wheel controls using "KEY 1" and "KEY2" wires, but I think that wouldn't fix the car clock adjusting and the "Raise Tech" text issues? Also the labels on my wires don't correspond to the pictures that the seller has on Aliexpress and I am also missing "KEY 2" labeled wire completely. Any suggestions?

My issue is very similar to what rjsmith2007 wrote in #36 message on page 2 in this conversation (for some reason I can't quote anything from that page but all other pages work fine??)
What does the reseller suggest when contacted for support.

Aksuli

Mar 17, 2014
What does the reseller suggest when contacted for support.
Seller has not answered me. I did however solve my problem. There was one more canbus box setting for Mazda 6 that I did not try last time for some reason and now the steering wheel controls work. Car clock is now stuck in 12 hour mode though which is shame, but other than that it works fine.

One of my speakers however sounds very bad now so I might have to tear the unit out and fiddle with the wires. Radio signal is also worse than with the original radio.

Reactions: marchnz

bluemask69

Dec 6, 2012
I have 2 "little problems" on my Navifly 7862:

- how disable the "stop playing media when reverse gear is operational"
- how disable (after radio boot) the strange "autostart" behaviour of Audio Filter settings + Google Maps and + oftly the latest app played before the radio is turned off. I installed the Microsoft Launcher app .

thanks

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
I have 2 "little problems" on my Navifly 7862:

- how disable the "stop playing media when reverse gear is operational"
- how disable (after radio boot) the strange "autostart" behaviour of Audio Filter settings + Google Maps and + oftly the latest app played before the radio is turned off. I installed the Microsoft Launcher app .

thanks
It's quite easy to enable media playing in reverse gear -check settings.
I don't have any problems with strange autostart behavior. So I'm guessing it's something you did somehow. Did you experience this issue before installing apps and changing settings?
Maybe try a factory reset...

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
I don't really know. Would the amplifier be located behind the radio unit? There was only regular coaxial type plug. Unit came only with an adapter to other type of plug.
If your antenna is less than 25 cm it is probably amplified. Amplified antennas need clean 12v power, or reception will be really bad.
I think the original antenna in my car received 12v through the shield in the antenna coax cable. But other cars might source the antenna power in different ways.
I recommend NOT to source the antenna power from the headunits wire harness.

I believe it's normal for these Chinese android headunits to have worse radio reception compared to the cars OEM radio. -But it should not be totally useless.

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
carlink2 supports wireless android auto:

download links are in the video description.

I didn't flash the provided system image, instead flashing the newer 2021-09-10_System_1631255211 from the main 4pda thread: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1000996 (program section>core uis7862 android 10). Patched boot.img with magisk and signed using test key.

Can confirm it does work, but I might try to look at the apk to see if the dpi can be adjusted. Haven't thoroughly tested it yet, but if it's more reliable than HUR, it might be a nice solution. With HUR, I'm constantly having to toggle bluetooth (via hidden settings). Had to disable audio sink and have it instead run over bluetooth. Running audio over AA results in frequent horrible lag / av sync issues. Then have to often switch into the bt app to make the audio full volume. GPS issues as well. I think disabling gps sharing might help, but haven't made a full conclusion yet. Interesting since if I use waze/gmaps on the headunit itself, there's no issues.

Using the AllAppUpdate.bin from https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1000996 (YIN 20210819). Might try a newer one if I can find. Curiously, the NOR 20210915 has an allappupdate from May.

updatecfg.txt with "mass" only to preserve everything. Still, some settings needed to be reset. May need to do a full reset though.. Seems like some settings may not be happy anymore (selecting some options in the settings just crashes now).

fwiw, subwoofer settings in the eq app are still broken. Set lpf/hpf in the main settings instead.

Last edited:

Ali4663

Sep 28, 2021
You mentioned 3 floating buttons. I've reset my Navifly 7862 to factory and now have a floating button that brings up some shortcuts in a square when I tape it. I can move the button around the screen, but can't find how to get rid of it. Would you know how I can hide this buttons ?
I fix it
3 footings buttons
1 - from app named nexai voice or nexai+
Go in this app you must see settings named floating buttons check out

Reactions: uberNoobZA

Ali4663

Sep 28, 2021

Attachments

• 0628A37D-C97E-4E07-A95B-3C349024E135.png
    0628A37D-C97E-4E07-A95B-3C349024E135.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 11

bluemask69

Dec 6, 2012
It's quite easy to enable media playing in reverse gear -check settings.
I don't have any problems with strange autostart behavior. So I'm guessing it's something you did somehow. Did you experience this issue before installing apps and changing settings?
Maybe try a factory reset...
i fixed the second "problem" , it was an app's flag in a menu in settings (i forgot) .
For the first problem... i searched everywhere in factory settings but i can't found the "reverese gear" setting...where is it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You mentioned 3 floating buttons. I've reset my Navifly 7862 to factory and now have a floating button that brings up some shortcuts in a square when I tape it. I can move the button around the screen, but can't find how to get rid of it. Would you know how I can hide this buttons ?
    I fix it
    3 footings buttons
    1 - from app named nexai voice or nexai+
    Go in this app you must see settings named floating buttons check out
    It's in the main factory settings page (pin 3368). IIRC, there's two settings. One to fully mute, and another to reduce volume.
    I can't found IIRC menu... What is the meaning of IIRC?
    AFAIK, IIRC stands for "If I remember/recall correctly"

oh yes: AFAIK means As Far As I Know ;)
    I can't found IIRC menu... What is the meaning of IIRC?
    Options\General\Mute audio when reversing=off
    @MMAPL see the post on the previous page:

I gave it a shot for a few days but ultimately went back to HUR for wireless AA. Low resolution and permanent light mode is rough.

note I ended up doing a full wipe because of random issues with the old data + upgrade
    From MTCD, to FYT - moving to the dark side :)

I brought two M600 units (fyt = 116 Mekede) received a couple of days ago.

As part of the sale, the reseller sent me 'upgrade' Android 11 files.

These turned out to be nothing less than a prop script, which set build type =11 - switching on fake Android 11.

Initial thoughts.
    While I am yet to install in the vehicle's, the devices themselves are much better looking, better/brighter displays and faster than the PX5 MTCD devices I have been hardware developing.

They're also more resilient to messing around with image files and alot easier to recover.

Device configurations and customisations such as volume dependant speed, a real equalizer multiple launchers make for a much better experience so far. Hoping the Audio side is just as good.

Will post back.
    I have no manual. Is there no way to do it without cutting wires?
    I don't have a uis7862 unit, but all my previous sofia, px5 and sc9853i FYT units needed this. It is/was very clear in the A4 with installation instructions.
    The cable connections on a NaviFly/Medeke are different from the cable beam of a Joying. But as it is a FYT unit I expect exactly the same approach.

Did you already ask the reseller?
    I purchased a Joying 7862 10.5 inch head unit, because I read that the Navifly/Mekede ones do not sent the proper low-level line output signals the amplifier(s). I discovered that Joying's firmware does not allow making hands-free phone calls using Google Assistant. When I give the voice command "Hey Google, call mom", it responds with "I'm not able to make calls yet". Has anyone has been able to make this work with the Navify/Mekede head units? I asked some resellers and they said that I can pay $15 more for "Voice software" that will allow Google Assistant to work. Is this true?

I have 2 weeks to return my Joying for a refund, which I'm now considering. I contacted Joying support directly, and they responded that since I bought it on AliExpress I should contact my seller for support. When I asked the seller about the issue, they told me to install a firmware update dated 2021.7.5 to see if that solves it, but the result was the same. I regret spending so much more on a Joying brand and getting bad support.
    Google says "I'm not able to make calls yet" because google believes our headunit is a tablet. If you set minimum width=400 in developer settings google will try to make the call.
    On my unit width=400 caused other problems so I immediately returned to stock width.
    Regarding the paid voice software: It is not google but an inferior Chinese voice app. It doesn't support my native language so I can't use it for navigation. Voice calls sort of works but I have to pronounce the contact name in english.
    @MMAPL see the post on the previous page:

I gave it a shot for a few days but ultimately went back to HUR for wireless AA. Low resolution and permanent light mode is rough.

note I ended up doing a full wipe because of random issues with the old data + upgrade
    Can you disable it in the Factory Settings? I recall some settings / options regarding the rear camera. Factory pin is 3368