• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

MMAPL

Oct 9, 2021
Hi, I wanted to ask is there any update to navifly 7862 ( I bought one in July 2021). Will the carliink 2.0 be available to navifly too= Would be great to use wireless android android auto. Maybe it will be working a bit better. Now when I have it connected through the cable I cannot have calls through whatsapp. it only works, when bluetooth is connected, but then spotify is not working...

MMAPL

Oct 9, 2021
For wireless AA to work you will need a firmware update as well as an updated apk.
Works perfect on my Navifly 7862 6/128 bought in June.
hey, thanks for the information. Where did you get the update files from? I don't see anything on the navifly website and when i connect the unit to internet nothing pops up eiher.

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
@MMAPL see the post on the previous page:

I gave it a shot for a few days but ultimately went back to HUR for wireless AA. Low resolution and permanent light mode is rough.

note I ended up doing a full wipe because of random issues with the old data + upgrade

Reactions: MMAPL

migueljtd01

Feb 28, 2015
Hello everyone, I have purchased a Mekede m600 for my Hyundai i40 at the moment very happy, a doubt, the seller sent me an update file but I cannot enter the menu where it tells me to update and it is not clear to me that there is no need to unzip the file. I put a screenshot of the file and its content in case it can be of help.
Thanks.
fichero mekede.jpg
contenido fichero.jpg

m00n61

Hello everyone, I have purchased a Mekede m600 for my Hyundai i40 at the moment very happy, a doubt, the seller sent me an update file but I cannot enter the menu where it tells me to update and it is not clear to me that there is no need to unzip the file. I put a screenshot of the file and its content in case it can be of help.
Thanks.View attachment 5446533View attachment 5446535
there is no update menu, you just put the update files in the root of an USB stick and insert it. The system will detect the update files and will start the update process.
As for the files, the com.syu.carlink_test is th apk for the updated carlink app. The new version enables wireless AA.
The other files are, most likely, in the two archives, they need to be unpacked.
The update files that need to be transferred on the USB stick are:
6315_1.zip - the actual system update
lsec6315update - the update script
config.txt
AllAppUpdate.bin - non system apps.

A word of caution, the chinese aren't very savvy and you may get old files or even config files that are not for your unit. If everything works, don't touch it unless you know what you are doing.

Reactions: marchnz

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Thanks.View attachment 5446533View attachment 5446535
What instruction did the reseller give to update the unit.

migueljtd01

Feb 28, 2015
there is no update menu, you just put the update files in the root of an USB stick and insert it. The system will detect the update files and will start the update process.
As for the files, the com.syu.carlink_test is th apk for the updated carlink app. The new version enables wireless AA.
The other files are, most likely, in the two archives, they need to be unpacked.
The update files that need to be transferred on the USB stick are:
6315_1.zip - the actual system update
lsec6315update - the update script
config.txt
AllAppUpdate.bin - non system apps.

A word of caution, the chinese aren't very savvy and you may get old files or even config files that are not for your unit. If everything works, don't touch it unless you know what you are doing.
This is the content of the tablets that have provided me:
1635800111564.png

1635800159092.png

Which of them should I put in the USB root?
Sorry for the inconvenience but it's to have it clear.

m00n61

This is the content of the tablets that have provided me:
View attachment 5446867

View attachment 5446869
Which of them should I put in the USB root?
Sorry for the inconvenience but it's to have it clear.
First of all, what unit do you have? The system info picture above is from a completely different unit. No UIS7862 unit I have seen has that screen. Plus, the m600 is a 6GB/128GB unit and the picture shows a 1GB/16GB unit.
You should add here some screenshots of your actual system info. See below how a UIS7862 device info screen looks like:
IMG_20210930_103110.jpg
IMG_20210930_103130.jpg

Reactions: marchnz

KDPD

Sep 5, 2019
Hello and welcome. I hope I'm in right place as I was guided here by an user from different thread.
I got an NewestNavi TS3, 3gb ram/32gb rom that should fit into Astra J 2010.
Unit came with CANBUS but have many issues.
Settings doesn't allow you to update anything.
Most of the adjustments are impossible , wallpaper/car logo/icons on main screen etc.
Unit doesn't allow you to choose proper car settings from canbus. It does shows GM cars but canbus is not recognised.
There is no will to help from seller so I have couple of questions.
Can I update canbus decoder for Astra j?
Can I flash new ROM into that unit from brands that are using same processor and build?
Can anyone explain what FYT stands for?
Thanks guys. I hope it's not to lame to ask that, it's my first system like that and trying to get condensed knowledge is difficult.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-164212.png
    Screenshot_20211030-164212.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 14
  • P_20211030_131343_1_1.jpg
    P_20211030_131343_1_1.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20211030-164315.png
    Screenshot_20211030-164315.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

migueljtd01

Feb 28, 2015
First of all, what unit do you have? The system info picture above is from a completely different unit. No UIS7862 unit I have seen has that screen. Plus, the m600 is a 6GB/128GB unit and the picture shows a 1GB/16GB unit.
You should add here some screenshots of your actual system info. See below how a UIS7862 device info screen looks like:
View attachment 5447161View attachment 5447163

View attachment 5447161View attachment 5447163

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-02-16-07-28-974_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-02-16-07-28-974_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 27

Pumanet75

Sep 30, 2021
Hi,
in August I bought a NaviFly 7862 android 10.0 (6Gb 128Gb 8 core QLed 1280x720 4G LTE). I have a 4G connection problem. I have inserted a Sim (regularly active) in the external slot. The Sim is correctly recognized, but I cannot navigate with any app. Any application that opens I get the "no internet" message. I restarted the car radio, removed and inserted the sim again, but the problem persists. From the photos, you can see that it detects 2 Sim slots, but I only have the external one which is recognized as "Slot 2". Is there another Sim Slot in NaviFly? I am not very practical in an Android environment, but if someone could help me they would do me a great favor. I would like to use NaviFly's 4G connection instead of using my smartphone as a hotspot. Thanks in advance to everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_5646.jpeg
    IMG_5646.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5647.jpeg
    IMG_5647.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5654.jpeg
    IMG_5654.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
Hi,
in August I bought a NaviFly 7862 android 10.0 (6Gb 128Gb 8 core QLed 1280x720 4G LTE). I have a 4G connection problem. I have inserted a Sim (regularly active) in the external slot. The Sim is correctly recognized, but I cannot navigate with any app. Any application that opens I get the "no internet" message. I restarted the car radio, removed and inserted the sim again, but the problem persists. From the photos, you can see that it detects 2 Sim slots, but I only have the external one which is recognized as "Slot 2". Is there another Sim Slot in NaviFly? I am not very practical in an Android environment, but if someone could help me they would do me a great favor. I would like to use NaviFly's 4G connection instead of using my smartphone as a hotspot. Thanks in advance to everyone.
I can think of 2 reasons why you may be getting a no internet message:
  • APN settings are incorrect
  • The SIM / carrier does not support sharing internet through the head unit
I'm not sure how to address those issues for Medeke/Navifly 7862.

I found the following for Iliad APN settings: https://www.apnsettings.org/italy/iliad-it/

Or, you can use your phone as a hotspot to share your internet with the head unit through WiFi and not the 4G Sim directly in the head unit. That's what I do and it works well.

Ciao!

Pumanet75

Sep 30, 2021
I can think of 2 reasons why you may be getting a no internet message:
  • APN settings are incorrect
  • The SIM / carrier does not support sharing internet through the head unit
I'm not sure how to address those issues for Medeke/Navifly 7862.

I found the following for Iliad APN settings: https://www.apnsettings.org/italy/iliad-it/

Or, you can use your phone as a hotspot to share your internet with the head unit through WiFi and not the 4G Sim directly in the head unit. That's what I do and it works well.

Ciao!
Hi,
thanks for your reply. It was actually an APN setting problem. I was convinced that it set itself automatically. Thanks to your link, I entered all the necessary settings and now the NaviFly connects without problems.

dalet11

Mar 5, 2010
Maalot
devim.hosting
Hi all,
Got Mekede (Navifly) M500S 4+64.
i had in past PX5 and TS10 models and the bluetooth was able to work in background so i can have a call and use maps on screen.
Now with this unit, the bluetooth app just can't go to background in any way... this is a bit issue for me.. any one noticed this? any solution?

bergui45

Mar 22, 2018
Chambors
Hello,
I ordered the M5 7862 4GB +64GB from an AliExpress seller...
The Radio was delivered without anything explaining how to install it in my Toyota Prius3 2012...
But all cables were supplied and i could install the Radio and YES it sounds GREAT!
I used it with my iPhoneXR sharing the Wifi...
BUT since update of IOS to 15.1 and then using CARPLAY, things are now bad with screen stuck and nothing else possible to do...
Carplay sees the Android radio but the searching moving icon doesn't stop...?
Hitting the voice BTN on my stiringwheel drops me on a Google screen asking for a wifi connection?
And then I'm stuck?

m00n61

Hi all,
Got Mekede (Navifly) M500S 4+64.
i had in past PX5 and TS10 models and the bluetooth was able to work in background so i can have a call and use maps on screen.
Now with this unit, the bluetooth app just can't go to background in any way... this is a bit issue for me.. any one noticed this? any solution?
You need a newer version of the system software. With newer versions, when in call there is only a call bar at the bottom of the screen and you can still see the maps. Or you can simply use Android Auto or CarPlay.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    How did you get new system software, i guess Android11?
    How will anyone know what you have without details.

Android 11 on FYT platform is fake, assuming you have FYT that is.
    From here. I believe the latest posted version is System_1635995826, from November.
    Android 10, there is no real Android 11 for these units.
    Mekede sent me the update file and the update process went without any issue! It's mandatory to dearchive all files and put them at the ROOT of the USB Flash Drive... Before becoming aware of that, i had many unsuccessful attempts and Mekede aftersale service was UNABLE to HELP! They were asking for a video of the issue but it's IMPOSSIBLE to send a 356 MO file to them,,, (file too big) So i say thank you to XDA forum where i found this critical warning for putting the files at the ROOT of the USB Flash Drive!
    Make your video and then upload it to google photos and just share the link. I did it that way when describing my issue. I must say though the Mekede unit is poo. Sound Quality is much improved over my old PX5 unit with Hal9K but the overall build quality, software UI, and support is leaves a lot to be desired. Thank God for XDA Community!
    even if in the description it says QLED ... talking to Mekede and Navifly sellers they tell me it is no longer Qled now, only IPS

Update: in Alibaba chat operators Mekede and Navifly say that the "7862" model declared as Qled is actually no longer Qled but only IPS ... while the M600S or M700S models declared as IPS can actually become QLED with the addition of $ 5
    I doubt there ever have been any true QLED units.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    From MTCD, to FYT - moving to the dark side :)

I brought two M600 units (fyt = 116 Mekede) received a couple of days ago.

As part of the sale, the reseller sent me 'upgrade' Android 11 files.

These turned out to be nothing less than a prop script, which set build type =11 - switching on fake Android 11.

Initial thoughts.
    While I am yet to install in the vehicle's, the devices themselves are much better looking, better/brighter displays and faster than the PX5 MTCD devices I have been hardware developing.

They're also more resilient to messing around with image files and alot easier to recover.

Device configurations and customisations such as volume dependant speed, a real equalizer multiple launchers make for a much better experience so far. Hoping the Audio side is just as good.

Will post back.
    I have no manual. Is there no way to do it without cutting wires?
    I don't have a uis7862 unit, but all my previous sofia, px5 and sc9853i FYT units needed this. It is/was very clear in the A4 with installation instructions.
    The cable connections on a NaviFly/Medeke are different from the cable beam of a Joying. But as it is a FYT unit I expect exactly the same approach.

Did you already ask the reseller?
    I purchased a Joying 7862 10.5 inch head unit, because I read that the Navifly/Mekede ones do not sent the proper low-level line output signals the amplifier(s). I discovered that Joying's firmware does not allow making hands-free phone calls using Google Assistant. When I give the voice command "Hey Google, call mom", it responds with "I'm not able to make calls yet". Has anyone has been able to make this work with the Navify/Mekede head units? I asked some resellers and they said that I can pay $15 more for "Voice software" that will allow Google Assistant to work. Is this true?

I have 2 weeks to return my Joying for a refund, which I'm now considering. I contacted Joying support directly, and they responded that since I bought it on AliExpress I should contact my seller for support. When I asked the seller about the issue, they told me to install a firmware update dated 2021.7.5 to see if that solves it, but the result was the same. I regret spending so much more on a Joying brand and getting bad support.
    Google says "I'm not able to make calls yet" because google believes our headunit is a tablet. If you set minimum width=400 in developer settings google will try to make the call.
    On my unit width=400 caused other problems so I immediately returned to stock width.
    Regarding the paid voice software: It is not google but an inferior Chinese voice app. It doesn't support my native language so I can't use it for navigation. Voice calls sort of works but I have to pronounce the contact name in english.
    Can you disable it in the Factory Settings? I recall some settings / options regarding the rear camera. Factory pin is 3368