• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

MMAPL

Oct 9, 2021
Hi, I wanted to ask is there any update to navifly 7862 ( I bought one in July 2021). Will the carliink 2.0 be available to navifly too= Would be great to use wireless android android auto. Maybe it will be working a bit better. Now when I have it connected through the cable I cannot have calls through whatsapp. it only works, when bluetooth is connected, but then spotify is not working...

MMAPL

Oct 9, 2021
For wireless AA to work you will need a firmware update as well as an updated apk.
Works perfect on my Navifly 7862 6/128 bought in June.
hey, thanks for the information. Where did you get the update files from? I don't see anything on the navifly website and when i connect the unit to internet nothing pops up eiher.

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
@MMAPL see the post on the previous page:

I gave it a shot for a few days but ultimately went back to HUR for wireless AA. Low resolution and permanent light mode is rough.

note I ended up doing a full wipe because of random issues with the old data + upgrade

Reactions: MMAPL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's in the main factory settings page (pin 3368). IIRC, there's two settings. One to fully mute, and another to reduce volume.
    I can't found IIRC menu... What is the meaning of IIRC?
    AFAIK, IIRC stands for "If I remember/recall correctly"

oh yes: AFAIK means As Far As I Know ;)
    I can't found IIRC menu... What is the meaning of IIRC?
    Options\General\Mute audio when reversing=off

I gave it a shot for a few days but ultimately went back to HUR for wireless AA. Low resolution and permanent light mode is rough.

note I ended up doing a full wipe because of random issues with the old data + upgrade
    From MTCD, to FYT - moving to the dark side :)

I brought two M600 units (fyt = 116 Mekede) received a couple of days ago.

As part of the sale, the reseller sent me 'upgrade' Android 11 files.

These turned out to be nothing less than a prop script, which set build type =11 - switching on fake Android 11.

Initial thoughts.
    While I am yet to install in the vehicle's, the devices themselves are much better looking, better/brighter displays and faster than the PX5 MTCD devices I have been hardware developing.

They're also more resilient to messing around with image files and alot easier to recover.

Device configurations and customisations such as volume dependant speed, a real equalizer multiple launchers make for a much better experience so far. Hoping the Audio side is just as good.

Will post back.
    I have no manual. Is there no way to do it without cutting wires?
    I don't have a uis7862 unit, but all my previous sofia, px5 and sc9853i FYT units needed this. It is/was very clear in the A4 with installation instructions.
    The cable connections on a NaviFly/Medeke are different from the cable beam of a Joying. But as it is a FYT unit I expect exactly the same approach.

Did you already ask the reseller?
    I purchased a Joying 7862 10.5 inch head unit, because I read that the Navifly/Mekede ones do not sent the proper low-level line output signals the amplifier(s). I discovered that Joying's firmware does not allow making hands-free phone calls using Google Assistant. When I give the voice command "Hey Google, call mom", it responds with "I'm not able to make calls yet". Has anyone has been able to make this work with the Navify/Mekede head units? I asked some resellers and they said that I can pay $15 more for "Voice software" that will allow Google Assistant to work. Is this true?

I have 2 weeks to return my Joying for a refund, which I'm now considering. I contacted Joying support directly, and they responded that since I bought it on AliExpress I should contact my seller for support. When I asked the seller about the issue, they told me to install a firmware update dated 2021.7.5 to see if that solves it, but the result was the same. I regret spending so much more on a Joying brand and getting bad support.
    Google says "I'm not able to make calls yet" because google believes our headunit is a tablet. If you set minimum width=400 in developer settings google will try to make the call.
    On my unit width=400 caused other problems so I immediately returned to stock width.
    Regarding the paid voice software: It is not google but an inferior Chinese voice app. It doesn't support my native language so I can't use it for navigation. Voice calls sort of works but I have to pronounce the contact name in english.

Can you disable it in the Factory Settings? I recall some settings / options regarding the rear camera. Factory pin is 3368