• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

bergui45

Mar 22, 2018
Chambors
Mekede sent me the update file and the update process went without any issue! It's mandatory to dearchive all files and put them at the ROOT of the USB Flash Drive... Before becoming aware of that, i had many unsuccessful attempts and Mekede aftersale service was UNABLE to HELP! They were asking for a video of the issue but it's IMPOSSIBLE to send a 356 MO file to them,,, (file too big) So i say thank you to XDA forum where i found this critical warning for putting the files at the ROOT of the USB Flash Drive!

migueljtd01

Feb 28, 2015
They also sent me an update, and the version they gave me is prior to the one installed on the device ... and it is still on Android 10

ciris

Sep 13, 2009
I got an update file from Mekede as well a couple days ago. Im trying to gather up some nice alternate versions of the main apps and launcher as well if possible. The interface on the Mekede unit is so bland not to mention buggy.

ciris

Sep 13, 2009
Mekede sent me the update file and the update process went without any issue! It's mandatory to dearchive all files and put them at the ROOT of the USB Flash Drive... Before becoming aware of that, i had many unsuccessful attempts and Mekede aftersale service was UNABLE to HELP! They were asking for a video of the issue but it's IMPOSSIBLE to send a 356 MO file to them,,, (file too big) So i say thank you to XDA forum where i found this critical warning for putting the files at the ROOT of the USB Flash Drive!
Make your video and then upload it to google photos and just share the link. I did it that way when describing my issue. I must say though the Mekede unit is poo. Sound Quality is much improved over my old PX5 unit with Hal9K but the overall build quality, software UI, and support is leaves a lot to be desired. Thank God for XDA Community!

Reactions: watson540

bergui45

Mar 22, 2018
Chambors
Since the upgrade performed to a supposed new Android 11 version, everything is OK and run also faster! the wifi connection shared with my iPhoneXR is much better!

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpeg
    IMG_0655.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 107

Jenkarips

May 14, 2018
I just upgraded from an Alwinner T3 unit to a Mekede M600 in my Hyundai IX35. The pinout for the power connector is identical, so I've used the harness from the T3, including the canbus-decoder (XP). On the T3 everything worked like a charm, but on the M600 I can't seem to get communication with the canbus-decoder to work properly. The only thing that works is the power control for the amp - I've got no steering wheel or illumination controls. I've attached an image of the decoder. I've tried setting other decoders in the Factory-menu without success. Is there a reason why this decoder shouldn't work?

Edit: Tried some more settings in the canbus-configuration, and finally found one that works with both amp and steering wheel. Now I've encountered another problem; All settings that support the amp sets subwoofer out to a fixed level. Is there a workaround for this?

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_111631.jpg
    IMG_20211124_111631.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

fabiodedo

Feb 18, 2011
even if in the description it says QLED ... talking to Mekede and Navifly sellers they tell me it is no longer Qled now, only IPS

Update: in Alibaba chat operators Mekede and Navifly say that the "7862" model declared as Qled is actually no longer Qled but only IPS ... while the M600S or M700S models declared as IPS can actually become QLED with the addition of $ 5

Last edited:

Blaze Falconburger

Dec 20, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi all, I have just got one of these Navifly 7862 units fitted and have a few questions:

What is the best way to root?
Are there any independent ROMS compatible with this yet?
How to install Viper Audio?

App: 1280x720 2021-09-18 17:14:40
CPU: UIS7862 Octa Core 1.8GHz @ 4.0GB Memory + 64 GB Storage
MCU: 2021.10.09 10?12:29 YIN_53_L6315_G23P48F64_E60_V:1.0

Thanks all

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
even if in the description it says QLED ... talking to Mekede and Navifly sellers they tell me it is no longer Qled now, only IPS

Update: in Alibaba chat operators Mekede and Navifly say that the "7862" model declared as Qled is actually no longer Qled but only IPS ... while the M600S or M700S models declared as IPS can actually become QLED with the addition of $ 5
I doubt there ever have been any true QLED units.

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
Hi all, I have just got one of these Navifly 7862 units fitted and have a few questions:

What is the best way to root?
Are there any independent ROMS compatible with this yet?
How to install Viper Audio?

App: 1280x720 2021-09-18 17:14:40
CPU: UIS7862 Octa Core 1.8GHz @ 4.0GB Memory + 64 GB Storage
MCU: 2021.10.09 10?12:29 YIN_53_L6315_G23P48F64_E60_V:1.0

Thanks all

There's a root script available there, and any and all other information about the device, but you'll need to create an account to be able to download it. Google translate won't help you with the captcha though, but you can use the app instead: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/how-to-bypass-4pda-captchas/

Otherwise, you can patch the boot.img yourself and zipsign it using test keys (see google).

Reactions: Blaze Falconburger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also want to buy the navifly 7862.
    But maybe someone can answer my questions:
    I've got the CD Player in the glove box on the right side (co-driver).
    Would need a longer cable or not (because I think the quadlock plug is there and not long enough to get to the middle)?
    Maybe someone has mounted the Navifly with that configuration?

Can I use my original microphone (VW)? Or is that inside of the original radio?

Thanks
    No, you don't need a longer cable., you need to move it from right to left.
    An external microphone is delivered with every unit and if you taper off the internal microphone contacts, it works quite well.
    The original microphone might not be possible, but look for yourself.

Why don't you search on Youtube?

Is there any home screen that shows RDS text from FM radio?
    Hello,
    I bought a Mekede M300S uis7862 - What to do to make the RDS text larger and display the FM radio station logos?
    Try NavRadio+ app ;)

Navradio is a really cool app and if you could replace the original one, I would
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    From MTCD, to FYT - moving to the dark side :)

I brought two M600 units (fyt = 116 Mekede) received a couple of days ago.

As part of the sale, the reseller sent me 'upgrade' Android 11 files.

These turned out to be nothing less than a prop script, which set build type =11 - switching on fake Android 11.

Initial thoughts.
    While I am yet to install in the vehicle's, the devices themselves are much better looking, better/brighter displays and faster than the PX5 MTCD devices I have been hardware developing.

They're also more resilient to messing around with image files and alot easier to recover.

Device configurations and customisations such as volume dependant speed, a real equalizer multiple launchers make for a much better experience so far. Hoping the Audio side is just as good.

Will post back.

I doubt there ever have been any true QLED units.
    I have no manual. Is there no way to do it without cutting wires?
    I don't have a uis7862 unit, but all my previous sofia, px5 and sc9853i FYT units needed this. It is/was very clear in the A4 with installation instructions.
    The cable connections on a NaviFly/Medeke are different from the cable beam of a Joying. But as it is a FYT unit I expect exactly the same approach.

Did you already ask the reseller?
    I purchased a Joying 7862 10.5 inch head unit, because I read that the Navifly/Mekede ones do not sent the proper low-level line output signals the amplifier(s). I discovered that Joying's firmware does not allow making hands-free phone calls using Google Assistant. When I give the voice command "Hey Google, call mom", it responds with "I'm not able to make calls yet". Has anyone has been able to make this work with the Navify/Mekede head units? I asked some resellers and they said that I can pay $15 more for "Voice software" that will allow Google Assistant to work. Is this true?

I have 2 weeks to return my Joying for a refund, which I'm now considering. I contacted Joying support directly, and they responded that since I bought it on AliExpress I should contact my seller for support. When I asked the seller about the issue, they told me to install a firmware update dated 2021.7.5 to see if that solves it, but the result was the same. I regret spending so much more on a Joying brand and getting bad support.
    Google says "I'm not able to make calls yet" because google believes our headunit is a tablet. If you set minimum width=400 in developer settings google will try to make the call.
    On my unit width=400 caused other problems so I immediately returned to stock width.
    Regarding the paid voice software: It is not google but an inferior Chinese voice app. It doesn't support my native language so I can't use it for navigation. Voice calls sort of works but I have to pronounce the contact name in english.