General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

zytw

Oct 21, 2015
I have already restored the old config.txt but things do not change regarding the background white noise i the noise of the bluetooth and radio applications make a noise like a beep when opened

Edit:The beep noise is also present when I mute the volume, Could I do a clean reinstall?
Maybe. Anyway, I suggest you do complete power-off and on before that (pull out off the unit harness, wait 30 seconds, then push it back). If it doesn't work, ask the seller for the original firmware and flash.

Matt89s

Jun 17, 2016
Nothing to do reset done, firmware updated, cables disconnected, the problem persists. Incredible I have no words. I don't know what to do anymore :( you constantly hear this background white noise on the speakers and when I open applications like bluetooth radio that have access to the speakers it makes a small beep

Edit:It seems like there is some process that is not closing and making the speakers remain with no sound but waiting for

Last edited:

zytw

Oct 21, 2015
It seems like a hardware issue. Did you check the harness? loose? short circuit? GND well-grounded to chasis? Same issue when you use the factory stock head unit? Can't figure out other reasons, maybe you have to ask the seller for a replacement.

Matt89s

Jun 17, 2016
Let's not joke it's not a hardware problem it's definitely due to the flash operation I carried out, now it's figuring out how to go back ...

Matt89s

Jun 17, 2016
After several flash firmware and reset to factory settings, the situation seems almost back to normal. The white noise has disappeared, I do not understand why but only with the engine off was there a slight noise when closing and opening the bluetooth and radio, but in any case it is something imperceptible if you do not notice it. However, all of this remains a mystery

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
After several flash firmware and reset to factory settings, the situation seems almost back to normal. The white noise has disappeared, I do not understand why but only with the engine off was there a slight noise when closing and opening the bluetooth and radio, but in any case it is something imperceptible if you do not notice it. However, all of this remains a mystery
Sorry. Was on travel for a couple of days (first time since Covid).
I assume it has to do with settings being corrupted because of an incorrect flash. Maybe the config.txt should also have contained a twipe_data command, but that would also have caused that all your settings and 3rd party installed programs would have been wiped.
But in the end you still ended up there.

Now that everything has been flashed and wiped multiple times I would like to ask about the original issue: Is your unit going back to English after a reboot?
Also: I did not know you had the original firmware, but fortunately you did.
What is in the config.txt of your firmware?

Matt89s

Jun 17, 2016
I assume it has to do with settings being corrupted because of an incorrect flash. Maybe the config.txt should also have contained a twipe_data command, but that would also have caused that all your settings and 3rd party installed programs would have been wiped.

Now that everything has been flashed and wiped multiple times I would like to ask about the original issue: Is your unit going back to English after a reboot?
In reality, the problem of white noise when apps are closed is still present, including the beeps when opening and closing the radio and bluetooth apps. Also I have a problem with two buttons on the steering wheel that conflict ... Clearly the language problem is still present. I just don't know what to do to fix it, instead of solving I caused other problems ... please help me

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
In reality, the problem of white noise when apps are closed is still present, including the beeps when opening and closing the radio and bluetooth apps. Also I have a problem with two buttons on the steering wheel that conflict ... Clearly the language problem is still present. I just don't know what to do to fix it, instead of solving I caused other problems ... please help me
With regard to changing the config.txt on the oem partition.
See this post from @gordgelin

So for the time being I am also out of options.
An option might be to do aagain a full flash and change the config.txt on the USB-stick immediately with the Italian codes.

Matt89s

Jun 17, 2016
This was done and did not fix the bug
EDIT:
I noticed that when I enter the car maintenance app and change the language, Italian has a check mark. But I leave the app and come back and go to language the check mark is no longer there

uberNoobZA

Oct 10, 2008
Oxford
Some changes between the April and May builds:
1. app switcher now allows swiping to close apps
2. launcher seems to have a night mode when headlights are on (don't recall it before, but not 100% certain)
3. defaulted to having 3 floating icons enabled. had to find the two apps to disable them
4. google photos seems to no longer be able to see the internal storage at all. Was nice to use it to automatically upload screenshots..
You mentioned 3 floating buttons. I've reset my Navifly 7862 to factory and now have a floating button that brings up some shortcuts in a square when I tape it. I can move the button around the screen, but can't find how to get rid of it. Would you know how I can hide this buttons ?

Attachments

• 20210708_080127.jpg
    20210708_080127.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210708_080133.jpg
    20210708_080133.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 96

nnquynh

Jun 14, 2005
Hanoi
You mentioned 3 floating buttons. I've reset my Navifly 7862 to factory and now have a floating button that brings up some shortcuts in a square when I tape it. I can move the button around the screen, but can't find how to get rid of it. Would you know how I can hide this buttons I
I don't know if it is the same with Navifly, but by Ownice 7862 you should swipe down from the top of the screen, and touch the icon "suspension close" to switch off this floating button

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
You mentioned 3 floating buttons. I've reset my Navifly 7862 to factory and now have a floating button that brings up some shortcuts in a square when I tape it. I can move the button around the screen, but can't find how to get rid of it. Would you know how I can hide this buttons ?
I had the same. Turned it off in one of the settings menu's not sure which one though.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I had the same. Turned it off in one of the settings menu's not sure which one though.

Not in the Settings. This is the Touch Assistant apk. It has an option to "display button" and "start automatically".
Switch both to off in the apk

Petepango

Oct 28, 2011

Will the Joying UIS7862 Android 10 1280x800 ROM found in below youtube video work on Navifly/Mekede UIS7862 Android 10 1280x800 units?

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
Hi all.
I just got a Mekede 7862 6/128 unit and my reverse cam doesn't work.
When I shift to reverse, the +12V does turn my cam on (as I tested it via DVI-IN) so clearly the canbus should be working. It's just that the Android doesnt change to cam input. Am I missing something here?

Also, my backward/forward steering media controls are swapped. Is there a way to re-map it? I don't quite understand how to use the steering learning page (does this even work?)

Thanks for any help. I'm also asking the manufacturer for help but theyre a bit slow and there's translation that goes on too...

Reactions: Marickian

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
@MasK
easy part first: The swc programming doesn't apply when using canbus instead of key1/key2. There's a setting to flip the controls if they're swapped. It's under factory settings (pin 3368), then something like car agreement (can't remember the actual name).

What car is this? If you have a traditional resistor network style steering wheel wire, you may be able to use that instead and program as desired.

I haven't tested canbus yet (my car doesn't have canbus leads in the radio harness, so I'll have to tap it from somewhere else).

You wired your camera power to the reverse light? In that case, you can splice it to the power wire that's married to the composite cable and hook it up to the "back" wire on the headunit harness. That'll trigger it outside canbus.

Or you can tap the same reverse wire up front to "back", and hook up cam 12v to power the cam instead (doesn't really make a difference though since I don't know if there's a way to force the reverse camera when not in gear).

As far as utilizing canbus for reverse, you can try checking in factory settings that the proper canbus config has been applied. Or you might need to find the manual for your canbus decoder. My unit came with one (a raise box for mazda), and it seems to provide a reverse out pin. So I'm not sure if the headunit would directly be able to pick up reverse via canbus, or if I'd need to add a wire to connect that pin to "back" (no matter since I already tapped a reverse source). Curious since I haven't been able to find a canbus message for reverse for my car anyway (seemingly only in-gear or not).

I did notice a reverse power setting, but haven't checked what it does. I have it disabled, but when going in reverse, it does provide 12v. Maybe it'd reverse it to ground instead?

So if you verify the canbus settings to be proper on the headunit, you might need to fall back to using the "back" wire to trigger instead.
* check if your canbus decoder has a pin for reverse and it works as expected
* find a reverse source under the dash and tap that
* feed the reverse signal back up via the composite/power combo wire since you've already got it tapped

First two options would let you use the headunit to supply power to the cam and undo the reverse tap in the reaer.

Curiously, I get some group loop interference if I connect the cam to ground. If I leave it floating, and just rely on the composite cable's ground to the headunit, the video is good.

Reactions: MasK

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
@MasK
easy part first: The swc programming doesn't apply when using canbus instead of key1/key2. There's a setting to flip the controls if they're swapped. It's under factory settings (pin 3368), then something like car agreement (can't remember the actual name).

What car is this? If you have a traditional resistor network style steering wheel wire, you may be able to use that instead and program as desired.

I haven't tested canbus yet (my car doesn't have canbus leads in the radio harness, so I'll have to tap it from somewhere else).

You wired your camera power to the reverse light? In that case, you can splice it to the power wire that's married to the composite cable and hook it up to the "back" wire on the headunit harness. That'll trigger it outside canbus.

Or you can tap the same reverse wire up front to "back", and hook up cam 12v to power the cam instead (doesn't really make a difference though since I don't know if there's a way to force the reverse camera when not in gear).

As far as utilizing canbus for reverse, you can try checking in factory settings that the proper canbus config has been applied. Or you might need to find the manual for your canbus decoder. My unit came with one (a raise box for mazda), and it seems to provide a reverse out pin. So I'm not sure if the headunit would directly be able to pick up reverse via canbus, or if I'd need to add a wire to connect that pin to "back" (no matter since I already tapped a reverse source). Curious since I haven't been able to find a canbus message for reverse for my car anyway (seemingly only in-gear or not).

I did notice a reverse power setting, but haven't checked what it does. I have it disabled, but when going in reverse, it does provide 12v. Maybe it'd reverse it to ground instead?

So if you verify the canbus settings to be proper on the headunit, you might need to fall back to using the "back" wire to trigger instead.
* check if your canbus decoder has a pin for reverse and it works as expected
* find a reverse source under the dash and tap that
* feed the reverse signal back up via the composite/power combo wire since you've already got it tapped

First two options would let you use the headunit to supply power to the cam and undo the reverse tap in the reaer.

Curiously, I get some group loop interference if I connect the cam to ground. If I leave it floating, and just rely on the composite cable's ground to
Thank you for your detailed explanation!
The swapping of the buttons is settled.

As for my HU, firstly, there is no "back" wire for my unit. Here's the listing (Qashqai):

I do not have the manual for my canbus. It is also a Raise unit as in the attached pic.
The only pin layout I know is for the power connector here:

As I follow the reverse cable, it is already split into to the canbus connector and a cable harness which connects to the car. I used to have a Dasaita which has a difference Raise unit and the "reverse trig" wire for that canbus connector doesnt match up to this one. Perhaps these 2 Raise units have different pin configuration.

Currently the power of my cam comes from the "cam 12V" wire, as shown in the attached pic. Interestingly this wire turns on only when I am in reverse gear. How does it know I am in reverse? I don't know. Along with this "cam12V" cable bundle, I have the CAM-IN RCA and also a "IR" wire. I wonder if the IR means infrared or something else.
The manufacturer is not responding yet and I am so close to getting this done. Otherwise it's a blazing fast unit..

Attachments

• canbus.jpg
    canbus.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 195
  • cam wire.jpg
    cam wire.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 198

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
Ah yeah, my unit (navifly) has 02 on the main plug labeled as "back" instead of "reverse". When I apply 12v to it, the headunit supplies 12v to cam12v and switches to the camera view. That's very strange it's able to detect and supply power but not switch to the camera app. Maybe there's a setting that needs to be toggled?

The pdfs under df-rz-22 might be close enough if you compare a few

like:

yzlcDxB.png

You said you have a reverse wire in the stock radio harness? And that's spliced with a wire going to the canbus decoder and to the headunit's reverse wire??

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
Yes, so if you apply 12V to your reverse in, you get a cam12V out and also display switches to cam.
Electrically mine seems to work the same way, however the unit does not switch to cam :(

You said you have a reverse wire in the stock radio harness? And that's spliced with a wire going to the canbus decoder and to the headunit's reverse wire??
Thats right. It's pre-connected. So thats probably how it kkows that my gear is in reverse.
This all seems to be a SW/MCU issue. I also dont think the installation would require me to strip any wires, etc. Kinda tempted to factory reset the unit too...

Do you know if theres a FW repository for these units?

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
Can you identify which pin on the canbus decoder is connected to the reverse wire? Seems like that might be redundant?

The only repo I've found has been in this massive russian thread: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1000996&st=5000

Seemingly only modified firmware (not sure what's been modified) or factory 360. I did come across a June navifly stock firmware buried in the thread and updated my unit with it. Not easy to search the thread for me since it's in russian, but it's where the bulk of the info is.

edit: you've played with the factory settings, toggling off all the 360 ones? seems like it's being actively discussed in that thread right now

Reactions: MasK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The lower picture shows Gmaps in picture in picture mode (PIP) which is used in several launchers. @surfer63 has explained that before, too. It's sometimes the sequence in which you open Gmaps that affects that, as in whether you open it as the standalone app or right away in PIP mode.
    You will get some more advise I think but let's see if that can be fixed.
    Speaking of which, is it better to install Frontapp for teyes first and then your installer or is it better to do the opposite?
    It makes no difference what order you install them.
    But in short: As long as a launcher creates a PIP window, and GMaps is started in/from this PIP window, it will behave as a PIP application.
    Or simply use splitscreen, optionally with my 60/40 modded PeaceOS SystemUI.
    Or, and I don't like to say this, use Android Auto via Carlink which gives you a perfect GMaps experience (or Magic Earth, Waze, Sygic) with an AA enabled music player.
    Yes i use the lancher 27 and i don't use teyes Frontapp.
    Tomorrow i install it.
    Tanck you @surfer63.
    When i install Teyes Frontapp, what should i do?
    It gives the option of setting dozens of apps in the PIP window.
    You can also turn on a "favourites loop" which is how I used it. I had 4 apps set and each click of the Frontapp icon would cycle the 4 apps.
    Very easy to use. You'll work it out.
    @surfer63 has explained that before, too.
    page 62 of this thread: Here.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
    Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
    It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).
    Hello. Is there any way to update MCU YIN 53?
    Can I use this NOR 53?
    https://xdaforums.com/t/medeke-navifly-7862.4248969/post-88957339
    You should never update MCU if you don't have any issues with yours.