General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
Can you identify which pin on the canbus decoder is connected to the reverse wire? Seems like that might be redundant?

The only repo I've found has been in this massive russian thread: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1000996&st=5000

Seemingly only modified firmware (not sure what's been modified) or factory 360. I did come across a June navifly stock firmware buried in the thread and updated my unit with it. Not easy to search the thread for me since it's in russian, but it's where the bulk of the info is.

edit: you've played with the factory settings, toggling off all the 360 ones? seems like it's being actively discussed in that thread right now
OK... I solved it!

I saw my old Dasaita PX5 "reverse cont" wire connected to pinX on the canbus connector AND the power connector. (I think its Pin8 as u shared above)
Canbus connector on the new Mekede is also the same (standard), so I followed that pin to the power connector. I cut that wire, and connected it to my cam out. Thats it!
Now.. this reverse wire is in pin 3. The pin location on Mekede/Navifly description is pin 2. Its all wrong. lol

Anyways, I still don't know what the "cam12V" does. Probably for different car configurations. In the process, I even cut the VCC and headlight sensor too.
But all is good now and I thank you for proving me with the wealth of info and thoughts!

silviox

Jun 17, 2009
Milan
OK... I solved it!

I saw my old Dasaita PX5 "reverse cont" wire connected to pinX on the canbus connector AND the power connector. (I think its Pin8 as u shared above)
Canbus connector on the new Mekede is also the same (standard), so I followed that pin to the power connector. I cut that wire, and connected it to my cam out. Thats it!
Now.. this reverse wire is in pin 3. The pin location on Mekede/Navifly description is pin 2. Its all wrong. lol

Anyways, I still don't know what the "cam12V" does. Probably for different car configurations. In the process, I even cut the VCC and headlight sensor too.
But all is good now and I thank you for proving me with the wealth of info and thoughts!
Have you some pics of this operation??? Tnx

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
Have you some pics of this operation??? Tnx
I have attached the pic of the wire which I cut and also the correct pinout diagram which I got from a friend who got a Mujajndo HU with similar specs. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• HU wiring.jpg
    HU wiring.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 680
  • Mekede-HU-rear.jpg
    Mekede-HU-rear.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 654

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Are there any APKs from Dasaita/Teyes that we can use on the Mekede?
I prefer the FM radio and music player apps from Dasaita.
Music player: perhaps.
FM radio: No. In all these units the radio is controlled by the MCU having its own firmware. And these MCU firmware is different on FYT models versus MTCD/E units versus TS8/9/10 units (and so on, and so on). The FM radio app on every unit is simply a graphical interface giving commands to and receiving data from the MCU. There is no direct interaction to the FM chip.
Unlike DAB+ apps that directly "talk" to the hardware in the dongle over USB.

But you could mod the lay-out of the FYT apps on the Medeke. ;)

Reactions: marchnz

silviox

Jun 17, 2009
Milan
I have attached the pic of the wire which I cut and also the correct pinout diagram which I got from a friend who got a Mujajndo HU with similar specs. I hope this helps.
I also connected the third pin to the positive of the cam and it turns on, but it remains fixed ON, even without having engaged the reverse gear. Any advice to fix it? thank you

Last edited:

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
It means your cam is supplying constant 12V even without the reverse gear. Did you just install the reverse cam or was it working with your previous headunit?
Generally, reverse cams are connected to the reverse lights, so it will only turn on when you're in reverse.

Bob_Sanders

It means your cam is supplying constant 12V even without the reverse gear. Did you just install the reverse cam or was it working with your previous headunit?
Generally, reverse cams are connected to the reverse lights, so it will only turn on when you're in reverse.
Well.... a lot of people (myself included) like to use the cam as a monitor too so it really needs to be connected and powered up all the time. Yesteryear's head units only operated the rear cams in reverse but most of today's units have apps and such to take advantage of the rear cam as a monitor.
Soooo.... If you wish to use the rear cam as a monitor while driving forward then cam POWER must be connected to 12 volts any time the vehicle is running.

I also connected the third pin to the positive of the cam and it turns on, but it remains fixed ON, even without having engaged the reverse gear. Any advice to fix it? thank you
Pin 3 is the TRIGGER which changes the video input from what ever you have the head unit set on, to the reverse input. People kind of get this a bit confused. It's like watching a dvd on your tv... not only does your dvd player need to be plugged in and powered up so it can work, but the tv needs to be set on the DVD input as well.

Just as with the dvd player, the Cam needs power to work, and just as with the tv, the head unit needs to be on the 'rear cam input'. Pin 3 is what does that. When you feed it 12 volts, it automatically switches the head unit to the 'rear cam' input. When you remove that 12 volts the head unit goes back to what ever input it was on before.

You need to supply pin 3 with 12 volts ONLY when in reverse. It should be connected to the +12 volt side of the reverse light. At the same time your cam has to have 12 volts to operate.

Last edited:
Reactions: silviox

silviox

Jun 17, 2009
Milan
the cam has already been used with another car radio and it worked, so I think the problem is the wiring or the canbus different, something escapes me .... At the moment I have not connected the positive of the cam to the reverse light (on my jeep renegade it's in a complicated place!) but I'm connected directly to the trunk's 12V. Before it went, with this new car radio no.

silviox

Jun 17, 2009
Milan
Well.... a lot of people (myself included) like to use the cam as a monitor too so it really needs to be connected and powered up all the time. Yesteryear's head units only operated the rear cams in reverse but most of today's units have apps and such to take advantage of the rear cam as a monitor.
Soooo.... If you wish to use the rear cam as a monitor while driving forward then cam POWER must be connected to 12 volts any time the vehicle is running.

Pin 3 is the TRIGGER which changes the video input from what ever you have the head unit set on, to the reverse input. People kind of get this a bit confused. It's like watching a dvd on your tv... not only does your dvd player need to be plugged in and powered up so it can work, but the tv needs to be set on the DVD input as well.

Just as with the dvd player, the Cam needs power to work, and just as with the tv, the head unit needs to be on the 'rear cam input'. Pin 3 is what does that. When you feed it 12 volts, it automatically switches the head unit to the 'rear cam' input. When you remove that 12 volts the head unit goes back to what ever input it was on before.

You need to supply pin 3 with 12 volts ONLY when in reverse. It should be connected to the +12 volt side of the reverse light. At the same time your cam has to have 12 volts to operate.
ok the trigger, but unfortunately I only have the possibility to see the activated cam WITHOUT the possibility to use the car radio, the navigator or other. I can only see the image behind me and stop, I can't switch to the classic interface :(

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
ok the trigger, but unfortunately I only have the possibility to see the activated cam WITHOUT the possibility to use the car radio, the navigator or other. I can only see the image behind me and stop, I can't switch to the classic interface :(
So it looks like you reverse cam is permanently connected to 12V. You'll need to find a 12V/trigger source which only turns on when youre in reverse.
One common method is the reverse lights. You'll have to wire the reverse light to the front into your Headunit, so you can see the cam only when youre in reverse.
Does this make sense?

pcmicro

Apr 24, 2018
I purchased a Joying 7862 10.5 inch head unit, because I read that the Navifly/Mekede ones do not sent the proper low-level line output signals the amplifier(s). I discovered that Joying's firmware does not allow making hands-free phone calls using Google Assistant. When I give the voice command "Hey Google, call mom", it responds with "I'm not able to make calls yet". Has anyone has been able to make this work with the Navify/Mekede head units? I asked some resellers and they said that I can pay $15 more for "Voice software" that will allow Google Assistant to work. Is this true?

I have 2 weeks to return my Joying for a refund, which I'm now considering. I contacted Joying support directly, and they responded that since I bought it on AliExpress I should contact my seller for support. When I asked the seller about the issue, they told me to install a firmware update dated 2021.7.5 to see if that solves it, but the result was the same. I regret spending so much more on a Joying brand and getting bad support.

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
I purchased a Joying 7862 10.5 inch head unit, because I read that the Navifly/Mekede ones do not sent the proper low-level line output signals the amplifier(s). I discovered that Joying's firmware does not allow making hands-free phone calls using Google Assistant. When I give the voice command "Hey Google, call mom", it responds with "I'm not able to make calls yet". Has anyone has been able to make this work with the Navify/Mekede head units? I asked some resellers and they said that I can pay $15 more for "Voice software" that will allow Google Assistant to work. Is this true?

I have 2 weeks to return my Joying for a refund, which I'm now considering. I contacted Joying support directly, and they responded that since I bought it on AliExpress I should contact my seller for support. When I asked the seller about the issue, they told me to install a firmware update dated 2021.7.5 to see if that solves it, but the result was the same. I regret spending so much more on a Joying brand and getting bad support.
Google says "I'm not able to make calls yet" because google believes our headunit is a tablet. If you set minimum width=400 in developer settings google will try to make the call.
On my unit width=400 caused other problems so I immediately returned to stock width.
Regarding the paid voice software: It is not google but an inferior Chinese voice app. It doesn't support my native language so I can't use it for navigation. Voice calls sort of works but I have to pronounce the contact name in english.

Reactions: MasK and pcmicro

pcmicro

Apr 24, 2018
Google says "I'm not able to make calls yet" because google believes our headunit is a tablet. If you set minimum width=400 in developer settings google will try to make the call.
On my unit width=400 caused other problems so I immediately returned to stock width.
Regarding the paid voice software: It is not google but an inferior Chinese voice app. It doesn't support my native language so I can't use it for navigation. Voice calls sort of works but I have to pronounce the contact name in english.
Thanks Allan. I gave it a try and the icons and text became annoying large as soon as I changed the width.
When I gave the command "Hey Google, call mom" this time it responded with "Calling Mom, Mobile", but the call was never made. I watched my phone and it was never told to make the call. I also tried typing in the command instead of using the microphone, with the same result. However I can open the Bluetooth app and make a call manually.

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
Thanks Allan. I gave it a try and the icons and text became annoying large as soon as I changed the width.
When I gave the command "Hey Google, call mom" this time it responded with "Calling Mom, Mobile", but the call was never made. I watched my phone and it was never told to make the call. I also tried typing in the command instead of using the microphone, with the same result. However I can open the Bluetooth app and make a call manually.
Have a look at this: https://xdaforums.com/t/app-joying-...s-from-google-voice-to-joying-bt-app.3685217/

Someone also made a guide on how to make Google voice call on none joying units, but I can't find it now. It basically involved replacing the stock dialer with a modded joying dialer.

pcmicro

Apr 24, 2018
Have a look at this: https://xdaforums.com/t/app-joying-...s-from-google-voice-to-joying-bt-app.3685217/

Someone also made a guide on how to make Google voice call on none joying units, but I can't find it now. It basically involved replacing the stock dialer with a modded joying dialer.
The "GVC Callhandlert 4 Joying" app did not appear to be compatible with the Joying 7862 firmware. However after doing a factory reset I tried your suggestion again on changing the "Smallest Width" to 400 DPI under Settings > System > Developer options. The first few times I tried to make the call using Google Assistant it failed, but then it prompted me to choose which phone dialer to use, and I selected "BlueTooth", and "Use every time". When I told Assistant to "Call Mom", it displayed a confirmation icon which just says "Call", and I had to touch that before Assistant would dial the number.

Next I tried to set a higher "Smallist Width" DPI value, and I found that it works when I set it to 596 DPI. This resolution looks much better, but the icons are still noticeably bigger then when it is set to 720, so I continued to look for a better solution. I tried disabling the "Developer Options", and this restored the high resolution and allows Google Assistant to make the call! :)

Now the only annoyance is the confirmation button that says "Call" which I must touch with my finger before GA will dial the phone number. I had the same issue with my Dasaita PX6 after I allowed the Play Store to update the Google App (com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox) to a version higher then 11.30.12.29. The Dasaita firmware came with version 10.65.11.21 which is much smaller in size then all later versions (which became larger with each version). I upgraded it to version 11.1.9.29 which I found to also be fast -GA makes the call about 3 seconds after I tell it to call.
In comparison, version 11.30.9.21 took 6 seconds to make the call, and version 11.30..12 took 8 seconds.

I would like to downgrade the Google App on my Joying 7862 to use version 11.1.9.29 but since this is a system app and my Joying is not rooted, I don't know how it can be done. Perhaps the Google App can be replaced with the older one in the Joying firmware. Perhaps someone with more experience such as @surfer63 can tell me how ?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I would like to downgrade the Google App on my Joying 7862 to use version 11.1.9.29 but since this is a system app and my Joying is not rooted, I don't know how it can be done. Perhaps the Google App can be replaced with the older one in the Joying firmware. Perhaps someone with more experience such as @surfer63 can tell me how ?
Why do you say the Google app is a system app?
As far as I know the Google app is not a standard part of the firmware. And even if it is part of the firmware, it is not a system-signed app as part of the FYT firmware. You can copy it directly over the existing one by flashing it via an lsec script. Note though that if your system has optimized the currently installed app (if it was in the firmware that is), you need to replace those odex and vdex files as well (under application folder in /oat/arm64). Edit: You can also simply remove them and the new app will place its opmitized vdex and odex files in /data in the program folders.
And if it was never part of the firmware you can simply uninstall it. Go into the Google Play Store app and set update to manual. Copy the 11.1.9.29 on a usb-stick and install it from there by double-clicking it (possibly you get a question if it is allowed to install from that file manager). Then go into the play store again and set update to automatic again, but set the Google app immedately to manual update to have it not updated automatically. That's how I did it with CWG when a number of versions contained a bug that "bugged" me. When solved, I set it to automatic update again. Which in your case would not be advisable.

Last edited:

silviox

Jun 17, 2009
Milan
Problem: Jeep Renegade / Mekede M300. I use and configure the SIMPLESOFT canbus, put the reverse gear and start the camera. OK. I change canbus (Raise), I configure (parking sensors ok, steering wheel buttons ok), I put the reverse gear and nothing, nothing happens. Suggestions ? I want to use the RAISE because it also contains the parking sensor speaker, the SIMPLESOFT, it has no internal speaker.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
From MTCD, to FYT - moving to the dark side :)

I brought two M600 units (fyt = 116 Mekede) received a couple of days ago.

As part of the sale, the reseller sent me 'upgrade' Android 11 files.

These turned out to be nothing less than a prop script, which set build type =11 - switching on fake Android 11.

Initial thoughts.
While I am yet to install in the vehicle's, the devices themselves are much better looking, better/brighter displays and faster than the PX5 MTCD devices I have been hardware developing.

They're also more resilient to messing around with image files and alot easier to recover.

Device configurations and customisations such as volume dependant speed, a real equalizer multiple launchers make for a much better experience so far. Hoping the Audio side is just as good.

Will post back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there somewhere within the files on the unit to retrieve the original config.txt? Looks like all the links on the Mekede site are no longer valid, at least for anything related to M700S or 7862. Yes I have a Nutstore account and am logged in, links still say they are expired. Or does anyone know of any alternate sites for original 7862 firmware that are still working?
    Mekede no longer use the nutstore

The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
    Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
    It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).
    Hello. Is there any way to update MCU YIN 53?
    Can I use this NOR 53?
    https://xdaforums.com/t/medeke-navifly-7862.4248969/post-88957339
    You should never update MCU if you don't have any issues with yours.