General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
What is that for a response? Flashing a radio like this is peanuts. Put the files on a usb stick/drive and there it goes.. If something goes wrong then you need more 'skills' to fix it. So i think it is not so strange to ask for help?
Yes, it is strange. Asking for help is ok AFTER you did some reading. He obviously didn't do that. First read, then ask for help.

mkb_1989

Dec 29, 2013
Hi.
I have medeke 6GB/128GB installed in Kia Cadenza Premium with OEM AMP.
Previously I had issues with sound quality there was background noise increases with RPM acceleration.
I tried every thing finally I replace the canbus and the noise disappeared.
The old canbus was from Simple Soft HY-SS04 and all functions were working.
The new canbus is Raise and is working OK except that I can't control the sound volume it is fixed at one level.
When I change the canbus setting to NO AMP the volume become adjustable but the sound volume is very low compared to AMP.
Any idea how to solve it?
I notice also the new harness doesn't have connection for AMP-CONT wire int HU compared to the old one. Is it OK?
Appreciate the help.

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
I'm considering to buy this one as well from Mekede: some stupid question, do they ever participate in AliExpress sales? I had the past experience, that on AliExpress there are many sales. But those are usually the bigger brands.

Also is Mekede the cheapest to buy this FYT UIS 7862 device? My requirement is that it ships from Poland, or any other country within the EU. As above € 150 it would be troublesome with the taxes.

bovcan

Apr 19, 2011
Bovec
I'm considering to buy this one as well from Mekede: some stupid question, do they ever participate in AliExpress sales? I had the past experience, that on AliExpress there are many sales. But those are usually the bigger brands.

Also is Mekede the cheapest to buy this FYT UIS 7862 device? My requirement is that it ships from Poland, or any other country within the EU. As above € 150 it would be troublesome with the taxes.
Aliexpress sales? They have quite a big discount and it should be shipped from Poland. I just placed an order for M700S.

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
Yes starting from 22 of August: I believe Mekede doesn't participate in these sales, but you are able to use AliExpress Coupons. I received a $ 5 coupon which I can't use on the moment.

Mekede only has an $ 2 coupon: not sure if I can combine both though. But yes price is already quite good, considering they ship from Poland.

OG_Seat

Jul 30, 2022
Hi guys, can someone guide me how to connect the reversing camera to MEKEDE M500s unit?
So far i did this:
20220819_192939.jpg

Is this correct?

Other side:
20220819_193017 (1).jpg

The black wire should go to any metal part of the vehicle?
Does the red wire remain unconnected?

here theirs documentation:

20220819_193521.jpg

daviddosa

Sep 21, 2015
Livingston
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5
From the camera, you have a yellow and a red connector. Yellow has to run all the way to the headunit. This is your video signal.
The other one is the actual power. There should be 2 wires on this, a red and a black.
Red connects to the other small red cable coming from the yellow one, like on your first picture, but it should be on the other side of the cable. Both sides should have a small red wire.
Black wire connects to ground. This can be a clean metal bolt. You can strip around an inch of insulation, loosen a bolt somewhere, wrap it around and then tighten it back.
Alternatively, you can connect the red wire to your reversing light. I've connected mine to the reversing light and it's ground. Turns on when you put it in reverse and the light turn on. Takes around 1.5-2 seconds. The reversing light should also have a ground wire, you can join your black ground wire there.

OG_Seat

Jul 30, 2022
From the camera, you have a yellow and a red connector. Yellow has to run all the way to the headunit. This is your video signal.
The other one is the actual power. There should be 2 wires on this, a red and a black.
Red connects to the other small red cable coming from the yellow one, like on your first picture, but it should be on the other side of the cable. Both sides should have a small red wire.
Black wire connects to ground. This can be a clean metal bolt. You can strip around an inch of insulation, loosen a bolt somewhere, wrap it around and then tighten it back.
Alternatively, you can connect the red wire to your reversing light. I've connected mine to the reversing light and it's ground. Turns on when you put it in reverse and the light turn on. Takes around 1.5-2 seconds. The reversing light should also have a ground wire, you can join your black ground wire there.
I'm fammiliar with the reversing light method. But in their documentation it appears there is another method without connecting the red wire to the +12V reverse light. where do they want me to connect the red wire ? A3/ACC? what is it?

Specy01

Jul 12, 2015
I have the M700S and a rear camera. In most of the posts and of the videos I have seen, it is suggested to make the links as explained daviddosa.
So I made the connections as explained by daviddosa regarding the red wire of the video cable (ie the one where at each end there are yellow rca connectors). The power supply of my rear aftermarket sensors is taken from the reversing light cables. So positive and negative sensors (red and black cables respectively) are connected to the positive and negative of the reversing light, respectively.

So I made the connections as explained by daviddosa regarding the red wire of the video cable (ie the one where at each end there are yellow rca connectors). The power supply of my rear aftermarket sensors is taken from the reversing light cables. So positive and negative sensors (respectively red and black cables) are connected respectively to the positive and negative of the reversing light.

So the links are made as explained both in the various posts and in the various videos and also on the instruction booklet of the rear camera. But I had a problem: the sensors were always powered and sounded all the time while driving when crossing other vehicles. I then disconnected the red cable (+12V) from behind the M700S and now everything works fine.
This is my experience, hoping it can help someone.

Bitza37

Aug 20, 2022
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased this MKD M600S and having some issues with it lately, hoping to get some advice from an able person please.

1. The system keeps having me select the default launcher, I searched and searched but found nothing that could help me have the system remember once and for all the default launcher app. I even bought pro launchers and nothing, makes me choose the default launcher every time I hit Home button or after unit restart.

2. In the unit's app store there are 3 updates available, I'm only able to download and install the canbus update, for the 2 other (see attachment) keeps on saying "download failed"

Previously to posting this reply I have searched on the forum but was unable to get some information or perhaps I may have missed it.

I'm begging for some help here guys, thanks for all your input.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-08-20 at 19.19.33.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-20 at 19.19.33.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 53
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-08-20 at 19.19.49.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-20 at 19.19.49.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 55
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-08-20 at 19.20.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-20 at 19.20.22.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 53

arca114@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2013
SÃO PAULO
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased this MKD M600S and having some issues with it lately, hoping to get some advice from an able person please.

1. The system keeps having me select the default launcher, I searched and searched but found nothing that could help me have the system remember once and for all the default launcher app. I even bought pro launchers and nothing, makes me choose the default launcher every time I hit Home button or after unit restart.

2. In the unit's app store there are 3 updates available, I'm only able to download and install the canbus update, for the 2 other (see attachment) keeps on saying "download failed"

Previously to posting this reply I have searched on the forum but was unable to get some information or perhaps I may have missed it.

The other options don't even update, I don't know why they leave an App that is useless..

Bitza37

Aug 20, 2022
The other options don't even update, I don't know why they leave an App that is useless..

whilst I do appreciate you taking the time to respond, that is far from being an useful information or an information at all, my plea had 2 points, you responded to neither one.

again, thanks but I would value applicable information not spam responses.

daviddosa

Sep 21, 2015
Livingston
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5
Hi Guys,

There's an app which can bring up the original android settings.
Take a look at this thread's first post, at the bottom, called "Android Shortcut Settings": https://xdaforums.com/t/general-fyt...unisoc-ums512-q-a-mods-tips-firmware.4396339/
Use this to open up the settings and set the default home app, like you would set on your phone. (You can search for "default apps").

I wouldn't bother with updating those apps, I haven't noticed anything different after I updated mine.
I was using my phone's hotspot to share my internet to the headunit and I was able to update them. If it's not working, try restarting your unit, then trying again. (You can do so by pulling down the notification bar and select Reboot).

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
@Bitza37 I saw the same behavior with the default launcher constantly resetting. Changing the config.txt file may help: https://xdaforums.com/t/weird-launcher-behavior-on-uis7862-machine.4479071/post-87315929

Try modifying your config.txt to specify the launcher you want as ro.fyt.launcher. Or maybe comment it out / remove it altogether. You can find it at /oem/app/config.txt. If you're rooted, you can modify this in-place. Otherwise, you'll need to research how to flash it: see 2nd post, section VIII https://xdaforums.com/t/general-fyt...unisoc-ums512-q-a-mods-tips-firmware.4396339/

I only just set mine to nova a few hours ago, but so far it's persisted across a reboot.

I don't recall this behavior in the past, but just updated the firmware on mine and it's been driving me crazy.

Bitza37

Aug 20, 2022
There's an app which can bring up the original android settings.
Take a look at this thread's first post, at the bottom, called "Android Shortcut Settings": https://xdaforums.com/t/general-fyt...unisoc-ums512-q-a-mods-tips-firmware.4396339/
Use this to open up the settings and set the default home app, like you would set on your phone. (You can search for "default apps").

I wouldn't bother with updating those apps, I haven't noticed anything different after I updated mine.
I was using my phone's hotspot to share my internet to the headunit and I was able to update them. If it's not working, try restarting your unit, then trying again. (You can do so by pulling down the notification bar and select Reboot).

thanks @daviddosa, will give this a try today and also thanks @ziddey - I will give these options a try. Today it was just a mess of a thing, now instead of having me choose the launcher it wanted to combine 2 of them.. jeeeeez, talk about going haywire

Top Liked Posts

The lower picture shows Gmaps in picture in picture mode (PIP) which is used in several launchers. @surfer63 has explained that before, too. It's sometimes the sequence in which you open Gmaps that affects that, as in whether you open it as the standalone app or right away in PIP mode.
    You will get some more advise I think but let's see if that can be fixed.
    Is there somewhere within the files on the unit to retrieve the original config.txt? Looks like all the links on the Mekede site are no longer valid, at least for anything related to M700S or 7862. Yes I have a Nutstore account and am logged in, links still say they are expired. Or does anyone know of any alternate sites for original 7862 firmware that are still working?
    Mekede no longer use the nutstore

The lower picture shows Gmaps in picture in picture mode (PIP) which is used in several launchers. @surfer63 has explained that before, too. It's sometimes the sequence in which you open Gmaps that affects that, as in whether you open it as the standalone app or right away in PIP mode.
    You will get some more advise I think but let's see if that can be fixed.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
    Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
    It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).
    Hello. Is there any way to update MCU YIN 53?
    Can I use this NOR 53?
    https://xdaforums.com/t/medeke-navifly-7862.4248969/post-88957339
    You should never update MCU if you don't have any issues with yours.