General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

OG_Seat

Jul 30, 2022
I have a question.
In my last car i owned a Teyes CC3. I loved the CC3 because it consumed so little power in standby so it stayed standby for 3 days before it shutdowned completly.
Is the navifly also able to stay awake for 3 days before complete shutdown?
My unit (mekede 500s) stays in sleep mode about 48 hours before shut down completely. But honestly i wonder if it is healthy to the car's battery.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
My unit (mekede 500s) stays in sleep mode about 48 hours before shut down completely. But honestly i wonder if it is healthy to the car's battery.
Yes, it is healthy. If correctly connected your battery can last 30~50 days. In case it is not properly connected it will completely shutdown after 2 days.
Say that you have a "marter peeper" in your car. Those use more energy.

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
You don't have the option to switch of afer 30 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes, etcetera?
What model NaviFly do you have? All uis7862 and uis8581a have that option.
I think he might be mistakenly searching in Factory settings, because I thought that I didn't have that option either. In factory settings you can either switch deep sleep on or off.

When you go to User however, than you should find that option to delay switch off.

USER
Language And Input
Google Settings
Backup And Reset
Account
Delay Power Off When ACC Off
Application Setting ( which applications you want to auto-start when you start your car and unit )

Yes from your topic hehe :)

Gscipione

Jun 30, 2022
Serbia
You don't have the option to switch of afer 30 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes, etcetera?
What model NaviFly do you have? All uis7862 and uis8581a have that option.
No I don't have this option. my is a m700s Navifly with the laat version of the software that I downloaded from the site of Mekede for uis7862

OG_Seat

Jul 30, 2022
Yes, it is healthy. If correctly connected your battery can last 30~50 days. In case it is not properly connected it will completely shutdown after 2 days.
What do you mean by "In case it is not properly connected it will completely shutdown after 2 days"? The units are pretty much Plug&Play, what is "not properly connected"? So according to what you say, I can set the device to stay in sleep mode for 10 days before turning off completely and it won't damage the car battery? Is the battery supposed to provide voltage for such a long time without ignition?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
What do you mean by "In case it is not properly connected it will completely shutdown after 2 days"? The units are pretty much Plug&Play, what is "not properly connected"? So according to what you say, I can set the device to stay in sleep mode for 10 days before turning off completely and it won't damage the car battery? Is the battery supposed to provide voltage for such a long time without ignition?
No, in case the ACC and CONT wire are reversely connected. That is not the mistake of FYT. It is the carelessness of the car manufacturers who now control everything via CANbus.
In Settings you either switch it off or set it to deep sleep. And in another part of the Settings (see @DexterMorganNL post above), you set it how long it takes to switch off or go to deep sleep.
But also in deep-sleep it will completely shutdown afer 3 days or so. Just to prevent the issues you might get in case of incorrectly connected ACC and CONT wires.
And why would a slow load on your battery be bad for your battery? That is what is is made for.

Last edited:

earthtk

Jan 27, 2012
Hello

I would like to check, what version of carlink 2.0 are you guys using? Does display AA in split screen and does the map works with the headlight dimming?

arca114@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2013
SÃO PAULO
Hello friends, where can I download a pack of logos of all vehicles, I changed the software of my radio Mekede with root, now it's just missing the logos that only have one. Can I extract from the original rom?

arca114@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2013
SÃO PAULO
For those who want to root their device is quick and easy. 1. Place the contents of this file on a FAT32-formatted flash drive
2. Insert the flash drive into the powered-on main unit and wait until it automatically restarts
3. After the green inscription with the timer appears, the flash drive can be pulled out
4. Wait for the main drive to load, manually install the Magisk apk file. apk
5. Completed
6. As a precaution, your original boot was copied to a flash drive named stock_boot.img. It is taking advantage of I am also sending the most current system file 08/20/22.

Root

Kernel

Reactions: owhbaem and dsa8310

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
I still wonder though if deep sleep isn't slowly draining the cars battery? Especially in the winter, the battery has more to endure. And also when you don't drive very frequently like me, that's why I switched deep sleep off. Minimizing the energy consumption: but I start driving already, while its booting up.

Although I would like an easy way, to enable it: because obviously deep sleep is useful, just in order to enable or disable you need to go into factory settings. And I found that cold boot, is still acceptable as it's within 25 seconds atleast.

What I really would wanna know: is the actually consumption in deep sleep, because I don't trust the Chinese very much. Only I don't have a way to test it myself.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I still wonder though if deep sleep isn't slowly draining the cars battery? Especially in the winter, the battery has more to endure. And also when you don't drive very frequently like me, that's why I switched deep sleep off. Minimizing the energy consumption: but I start driving already, while its booting up.

Although I would like an easy way, to enable it: because obviously deep sleep is useful, just in order to enable or disable you need to go into factory settings. And I found that cold boot, is still acceptable as it's within 25 seconds atleast.

What I really would wanna know: is the actually consumption in deep sleep, because I don't trust the Chinese very much. Only I don't have a way to test it myself.
There were many posts about the energy consumption for the Sofia 3GR, the PX5 and the sc9853i. As off the sc9853i everyone was by then convinced of the deep sleep mode.

If you push the "home" button 3 seconds, it will switch off the screen and then the energy consumption is 0.8 ~ 1.3 Ampere. This will drain your battery in 2-4 days, but you can calculate that for yourself depending on the ah of your car battery.
In deep sleep the load is 10~ 40 mA, where 40 mA is really on the high side.
Your battery needs about 50% remaining load to be able to start in winter.
So for 40 mA on a 60 ah battery to 50% load takes approximately 30 days.

Of course: when your wires are not correctly connected, your unit will keep consuming 0.8 ~ 1.3 A, unless you connect the wires correctly or software based change that in the settings.

Reactions: marchnz

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
There were many posts about the energy consumption for the Sofia 3GR, the PX5 and the sc9853i. As off the sc9853i everyone was by then convinced of the deep sleep mode.

If you push the "home" button 3 seconds, it will switch off the screen and then the energy consumption is 0.8 ~ 1.3 Ampere. This will drain your battery in 2-4 days, but you can calculate that for yourself depending on the ah of your car battery.
In deep sleep the load is 10~ 40 mA, where 40 mA is really on the high side.
Your battery needs about 50% remaining load to be able to start in winter.
So for 40 mA on a 60 ah battery to 50% load takes approximately 30 days.

Of course: when your wires are not correctly connected, your unit will keep consuming 0.8 ~ 1.3 A, unless you connect the wires correctly or software based change that in the settings.
This is actually useful information, because I wasn't sure if deep sleep with this current generation of Android head-units would work the same way, as it would with the OEM Carradio. Those are also drawing a little power, in order not to lose your settings.

My car is almost 8 years old and has a Start-Stop battery: so I rather replace it only, when really needed. The last winter it did totally fine, no issues even when standing still for more than a week during the heavy snow.

But I guess it would actually be fine, to enable deep sleep: even when only driving once a week. I tend to avoid driving short distances anyway. Mostly I drive between 14km and 20km return, sometimes 40 when going to Maastricht.

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
Is there a way to auto start carlink from cold boot?
Yes go to User? Applications Settings or something like that? And than you find all your apps, with slider's. If you put a slider on, than it means to auto-start.

Actually I have also set Carlink to auto-start, but it might be possible you run into errors when the headunit doesn't display the correct time and date. Android Auto doesn't always wanna connect, if the time and date aren't correct on the headunit.

Because with deep sleep turned of, it seems so get messed-up with the time and date often when doing a cold boot. Just not sure if this also an issue with wireless Android Auto. If I'm not mistaken, the way wireless Android Auto connects: it setup a WiFi connection between the phone and headunit. Which also correcte the time and date.

Obviously if your headunit has a mobile internet connection, than this time and date issue won't be there. But in my case it's there, and it needs internet to correct the time and date.

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras
Yes go to User? Applications Settings or something like that? And than you find all your apps, with slider's. If you put a slider on, than it means to auto-start.

Actually I have also set Carlink to auto-start, but it might be possible you run into errors when the headunit doesn't display the correct time and date. Android Auto doesn't always wanna connect, if the time and date aren't correct on the headunit.

Because with deep sleep turned of, it seems so get messed-up with the time and date often when doing a cold boot. Just not sure if this also an issue with wireless Android Auto. If I'm not mistaken, the way wireless Android Auto connects: it setup a WiFi connection between the phone and headunit. Which also correcte the time and date.

Obviously if your headunit has a mobile internet connection, than this time and date issue won't be there. But in my case it's there, and it needs internet to correct the time and date.
I will check there. I use carplay. when I manually start the carlink my phone is already connected, I guess the app starts in background. I don’t have problems with time and date. I turn completely off because i have connected a led strip and a dashcam on the usb and there is still power after 10 minutes.

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
I will check there. I use carplay. when I manually start the carlink my phone is already connected, I guess the app starts in background. I don’t have problems with time and date. I turn completely off because i have connected a led strip and a dashcam on the usb and there is still power after 10 minutes.
For me it works as follows: as soon as Carlink opens, it will automatically attempt to connect to my phone which is connected to the Bluetooth. Only thing I usually do, is already starting Google maps: because I don't like using voice commands.

Haven't even tried it hehe

But yes the USB dongles stay active, when the unit would be in deep sleep.

Reactions: Specy01

dsa8310

Sep 21, 2014
For those who want to root their device is quick and easy. 1. Place the contents of this file on a FAT32-formatted flash drive
2. Insert the flash drive into the powered-on main unit and wait until it automatically restarts
3. After the green inscription with the timer appears, the flash drive can be pulled out
4. Wait for the main drive to load, manually install the Magisk apk file. apk
5. Completed
6. As a precaution, your original boot was copied to a flash drive named stock_boot.img. It is taking advantage of I am also sending the most current system file 08/20/22.

Root

Kernel
Has anyone checked out this method of installing Magisk, with success?
And, is the included firmware also good for M600 Mekede units?
(like this one, Color: TY70M600S)
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The lower picture shows Gmaps in picture in picture mode (PIP) which is used in several launchers. @surfer63 has explained that before, too. It's sometimes the sequence in which you open Gmaps that affects that, as in whether you open it as the standalone app or right away in PIP mode.
    You will get some more advise I think but let's see if that can be fixed.
    Speaking of which, is it better to install Frontapp for teyes first and then your installer or is it better to do the opposite?
    It makes no difference what order you install them.
    But in short: As long as a launcher creates a PIP window, and GMaps is started in/from this PIP window, it will behave as a PIP application.
    Or simply use splitscreen, optionally with my 60/40 modded PeaceOS SystemUI.
    Or, and I don't like to say this, use Android Auto via Carlink which gives you a perfect GMaps experience (or Magic Earth, Waze, Sygic) with an AA enabled music player.
    Yes i use the lancher 27 and i don't use teyes Frontapp.
    Tomorrow i install it.
    Tanck you @surfer63.
    When i install Teyes Frontapp, what should i do?
    It gives the option of setting dozens of apps in the PIP window.
    You can also turn on a "favourites loop" which is how I used it. I had 4 apps set and each click of the Frontapp icon would cycle the 4 apps.
    Very easy to use. You'll work it out.
    @surfer63 has explained that before, too.
    page 62 of this thread: Here.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
    Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
    It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).
    Hello. Is there any way to update MCU YIN 53?
    Can I use this NOR 53?
    https://xdaforums.com/t/medeke-navifly-7862.4248969/post-88957339
    You should never update MCU if you don't have any issues with yours.