General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread

mohsan87

Nov 22, 2010
Islamabad
How to configure unit not to turn OFF the screen for specific or more than 1 application. Like I am using Android Auto Wireless and unit turns off the screen after 1 minute. but if I open Google Maps it does not turn off the screen,

Similar for TPMS screen goes off after 1 minute.

in previous PX5 unit there was option to add apps to white list so screen remain on if one of them is running as front end.

mohsan87

Nov 22, 2010
Islamabad
and how to install screen saver, instead of turning Off the screen completely, is there any way to install screen save like having time or GPS Speed etc. ?

altenae

Nov 2, 2014
Hello,

How does deep sleep option works of the M600S.

It drives me nuts.

Example :
After not using the car for 3 days the radio is started immediately (no reboot)

Then I went to the store for only 5 minutes and guess what?
The radio is booting up.

Sometimes after a long period of time it's starting immediately and another day it's already booting up after a couple of minutes.

Anyone?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
How does deep sleep option works of the M600S.
It drives me nuts.

Example :
After not using the car for 3 days the radio is started immediately (no reboot)
Then I went to the store for only 5 minutes and guess what?
The radio is booting up.
Sometimes after a long period of time it's starting immediately and another day it's already booting up after a couple of minutes.
Irrelevant of FYT type.
It is winter. How cold is it where you live? Does a cold boot happen more often when it is colder outside?
If so, check you car battery. Is it not too old? Does it still have enough capacity? (we mostly have older cars otherwise we would not need these units)

We get these kind of questions every winter and 9 out of 10 times it is the car battery.
Please check.

Reactions: marchnz

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Reactions: jbleasdale

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Thanks
And one more thing that is missing from the good old and very slow PX5

Is there any way to add OSD for radio/mp3 player, for example when navigation is working in full screen mode ?
Did you have OSD on your PX5? Which brand/model was that? OSD is normally a hardware menu, never an application option. I have never seen it on any Android device/unit
And no: you don't have that here. Quite some apps have some widget and some apps support PIP, which is not the same as OSD, but probably what you mean. Google Maps supports that and my dashcam as well and probably some other apps also, but not the standard media apps on these units.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Yes, i had an OSD with MALAYSK mod.

On track change and radio station change it showed OSD just like when incr/decr volume
What is OSD for you?
As far as I know the radio and mediaplayer mods that Malaysk made, were PIP modifications.
OSD is used by hardware to put a menu on top of "whatever" that is currently displayed on the screen. We are here talking about DVRs, Tuners, cable-boxes, media-boxes that "super impose" their menu on your TV. That is something completely different than an overlay or PIP.
So please first explain what you mean with OSD.

Edit: I searched ALL Malaysk's posts and threads where he presents and supports his firmware mods, or literally any other post by him on XDA. I can't find in any post the OSD description for apps you mean. He only mentions OSD languages in (only) one of his 1722 posts (but neither does he mention PIP in all his posts).
And you really mean a small screen? Or do you mean a "running" string in the notification bar? This can be easily doen with Xposed which he uses extensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: marchnz

emzobg

Name it on screen notification for volume/track/radio station change.
You can choose location and duration in options.

For example - waze is running fullscreen, track is changed and there comes notification with track name, just like when you change volume.

emzobg

This is what i'm talking about:
20221223_133654.jpg

(NavRadio+)
Now i need to find a launcher that shows radio station name in the widget :)

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Coming from px5, missing a few things.

Is there an app for brightness control via manual time or gps time ?

Is there a way to decrease min brightness ? It's burning eyes at night :D
Connect (ILL) illumination wire. That dims display when headlights are on.

Reduce min and max to your liking.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Yes, i had an OSD with MALAYSK mod.

On track change and radio station change it showed OSD just like when incr/decr volume
You mean TOAST Notification

Yep, that was useful but I doubt either (hal and mal) created it.

Does the NavRadio+ app do that?
Edit - yes it does "Notification Toast and metadata"

A little searching goes a long way. Crazy!

daviddosa

Sep 21, 2015
Livingston
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5
Coming from px5, missing a few things.

Is there an app for brightness control via manual time or gps time ?

Is there a way to decrease min brightness ? It's burning eyes at night :D
There is a way built in, but you have to be careful as you can easily just turn off the display without being able to turn it back on again.
The setting is in Settings > Factory > Backlight current adjustment (you might need a code: 5768)
This will make the whole screen darker if set up correctly. Low values can cause flickering.
After setting it, go to Settings > General > Brightness to set up daytime and nighttime brightness.

Alternatively use one of the dimming apps mentioned.

stealthee

Dec 15, 2007
Anyone know a way to change the TTL this unit uses. I have tried TTL master and it says im 65 but im still slowed with wifi teather from my Iphone. I did test with my laptop off wifi teather and it was full speed so not a iphone wifi teather issue. Yes I installed a kernal that allows root access but not sure why this works with windows computer to my iphone but this headunit shows set to 65 been rebooted still shows 65 but still slow on speed test. Btw it is fine speed wise connected to my house wifi but just wanted faster speeds in the car when on the road.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Android is Linux so use the linux commands to do this from a terminal. You can find the command(s) easily when you google for it. However, this requires root access which you normally not have.
And why on earth would you want to change the TTL to improve your network speed? This is useful in case of latency and/or many hops in your route. When your unit is directly connected to your iphone, neither of those is relevant.
Your unit is slow because the network antenna is crap. This is not helped either by the fact that your unit is in the dashbard and "looking" in front to a huge amount of metal. If you want improved network speed, you better solder a better antenna on to it with a short cable and place it high in your dashboard.

altenae

Nov 2, 2014
Irrelevant of FYT type.
It is winter. How cold is it where you live? Does a cold boot happen more often when it is colder outside?
If so, check you car battery. Is it not too old? Does it still have enough capacity? (we mostly have older cars otherwise we would not need these units)

We get these kind of questions every winter and 9 out of 10 times it is the car battery.
Please check.
New battery in the car.I
It's not cold the same temperature the whole week.
Sometimes reboot after 2 minutes sometimes no reboot after day(s)

krisstus

Dec 22, 2009
Greeting!
I have 2 problems and I would like to ask for help.

1. Google Maps only goes into dark mode (night) when I set a destination and launch it.
Has anyone experienced this error?

2. My car has a reversing camera and front and rear parking sensors.
At R only half of the image is visible, at 1, the entire image.
What could be the problem?
Also, why does the reversing camera give a picture in gear 1?

R - 1.jpg

stealthee

Dec 15, 2007
Android is Linux so use the linux commands to do this from a terminal. You can find the command(s) easily when you google for it. However, this requires root access which you normally not have.
And why on earth would you want to change the TTL to improve your network speed? This is useful in case of latency and/or many hops in your route. When your unit is directly connected to your iphone, neither of those is relevant.
Your unit is slow because the network antenna is crap. This is not helped either by the fact that your unit is in the dashbard and "looking" in front to a huge amount of metal. If you want improved network speed, you better solder a better antenna on to it with a short cable and place it high in your dashboard.
If im being honest it allows me to fool ver...izon into not seeing the tether and slowing the head unit down. I work from home and my internet sometimes drops and i have to swap to my visible plan to finish the day. So it even works with my desktop set to 65 ttl connected to usb. I thought it was a wifi tether thing so i used my laptop and changed its ttl to 65 and got full speed. (Teather nomrally limits me to 5mb down but with ttl 65 i can get the full 30 i get by my house.) I only use it here if my main goes down and thats not often. But wanted to see if I could get the car head unit seeing full speed. You know I some times got to down load something on it and not at home takes for ever. I think i might have to command line change it instead of use a program. I mean i had to command line change it in windows lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The lower picture shows Gmaps in picture in picture mode (PIP) which is used in several launchers. @surfer63 has explained that before, too. It's sometimes the sequence in which you open Gmaps that affects that, as in whether you open it as the standalone app or right away in PIP mode.
    You will get some more advise I think but let's see if that can be fixed.
    Speaking of which, is it better to install Frontapp for teyes first and then your installer or is it better to do the opposite?
    It makes no difference what order you install them.
    But in short: As long as a launcher creates a PIP window, and GMaps is started in/from this PIP window, it will behave as a PIP application.
    Or simply use splitscreen, optionally with my 60/40 modded PeaceOS SystemUI.
    Or, and I don't like to say this, use Android Auto via Carlink which gives you a perfect GMaps experience (or Magic Earth, Waze, Sygic) with an AA enabled music player.
    Yes i use the lancher 27 and i don't use teyes Frontapp.
    Tomorrow i install it.
    Tanck you @surfer63.
    When i install Teyes Frontapp, what should i do?
    It gives the option of setting dozens of apps in the PIP window.
    You can also turn on a "favourites loop" which is how I used it. I had 4 apps set and each click of the Frontapp icon would cycle the 4 apps.
    Very easy to use. You'll work it out.
    @surfer63 has explained that before, too.
    page 62 of this thread: Here.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
    Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
    It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).
    Hello. Is there any way to update MCU YIN 53?
    Can I use this NOR 53?
    https://xdaforums.com/t/medeke-navifly-7862.4248969/post-88957339
    You should never update MCU if you don't have any issues with yours.