General Medeke/Navifly 7862

Search This thread
But the question is why with the previous update I had from 2021 it was working? I remember I always had both microphones listening, but with the software switch on, the external microphone was louder, so I could use them without problems. If I could find somehow the setting or configuration that made the previous update to work, maybe I could use it here too, without any hardware hack

On the older FYT devices without a dedicated mic port, the internal and external mic are always on. It is hard wired this way and it cannot be changed with software.
That's why many users modify the units to disable the internal mic.

The software switch for changing front/back mic does NOTHING at all for devices that don't have the newer dedicated mic port on the rear.
It doesn't turn anything off or make anything louder.

If you think it was louder before with the switch then it is probably just confirmation bias. The brain believes what it expects.

Reactions: Spark972

Johnny#C#

Mar 10, 2023
On the older FYT devices without a dedicated mic port, the internal and external mic are always on. It is hard wired this way and it cannot be changed with software.
That's why many users modify the units to disable the internal mic.

The software switch for changing front/back mic does NOTHING at all for devices that don't have the newer dedicated mic port on the rear.
It doesn't turn anything off or make anything louder.

If you think it was louder before with the switch then it is probably just confirmation bias. The brain believes what it expects.
Thanks for the answer. It was louder, really. I was using microphone since 2021 for calls all the time, google search, maps, a few assistants, etc. After the last update (Aug 2022 and Nov 2022, I have tried) none of those works with microphone. In BT calls it listens nothing and in other apps it is very weak...

Thanks for the answer. It was louder, really. I was using microphone since 2021 for calls all the time, google search, maps, a few assistants, etc. After the last update (Aug 2022 and Nov 2022, I have tried) none of those works with microphone. In BT calls it listens nothing and in other apps it is very weak...
The settings containing the external/internal (back/front) microphone switch was not released until August 2022.
There's no way you could have been using that option since 2021.

Your microphone may have been louder before you performed an update but it was not because of the software microphone switch. It does nothing on units without the relevant hardware.

By "older FYT devices" you mean old revisions which were produced before mid 2022 or all devices which aren't M6Pro?
I mean all devices that aren't the M6Pro and the new Teyes CC3 2k.
These newer devices have a separate, dedicated mic port on the rear.

On devices like the Mekede M500s, M600s and the Teyes CC3 there is no dedicated mic port on the rear. It doesn't matter when they were produced, they didn't revise them in mid 2022.
On all of these devices, no matter the manufacture date, the internal mic is always on. The external mic is always on (if connected).

The setting labelled "Back Mic Switch (Front Mic / Back Mic) only works on these newer models with the dedicated mic port.

Reactions: Spark972

marjanoos

Mar 27, 2012
Dortmund
Thanks. I wish at least one chinese company would put an effort to make device without such irritating bugs and really refined. I would pay more, but there's no choice.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Thanks. I wish at least one chinese company would put an effort to make device without such irritating bugs and really refined. I would pay more, but there's no choice.
You might call it a bug. I call it a design flaw which they fortunately now (6 months ago) fixed. That is is not backwards compatible is because it is hardware.
You can also request a new motherboard. That was more common some years ago, but if you request it they might send you a new one. Of course it will cost money ;)

evilution.dk

Oct 2, 2011
Hi all. Has anyone experienced poor audio quality when streaming from phone via the bluetooth app? It sounds very compressed. I have an M600s with the latest firmware from the Mekede website. I have searched extensively but have not yet found a solution for my device. Could it really be that the module is of such poor quality?

EDIT:
Through 4PDA I was able to learn that you can switch to using the internal BT module by setting 'sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=0' in config.txt. This allows for use of the AAC codec which can be set under developer settings which solved my problem.
Now, it seems that the BT app cannot see devices but you can pair up from phone side. Also, other codecs such as LDAC or aptX do not seem to be supported.
I have not observed any issues from switching module so I am curious as to why they added a second module in the first place.
Anyway, I hope this can possibly help others in the future.

Last edited:

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
Hi all. Has anyone experienced poor audio quality when streaming from phone via the bluetooth app? It sounds very compressed. I have an M600s with the latest firmware from the Mekede website. I have searched extensively but have not yet found a solution for my device. Could it really be that the module is of such poor quality?
No, but why not stream directly from the headunit? I have used that feature in Bluetooth one time, and it works just fine. But the volume is partly controlled by your phone.

evilution.dk

Oct 2, 2011
No, but why not stream directly from the headunit? I have used that feature in Bluetooth one time, and it works just fine. But the volume is partly controlled by your phone.
Thanks for the response. Streaming through the unit indeed does work good but I know my girlfriend would prefer to use the BT audio feature. I just did not imagine that compression would be the challenge here.

evilution.dk

Oct 2, 2011

EDIT:
Through 4PDA I was able to learn that you can switch to using the internal BT module by setting 'sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=0' in config.txt. This allows for use of the AAC codec which can be set under developer settings which solved my problem.
Now, it seems that the BT app cannot see devices but you can pair up from phone side. Also, other codecs such as LDAC or aptX do not seem to be supported.
I have not observed any issues from switching module so I am curious as to why they added a second module in the first place.
Anyway, I hope this can possibly help others in the future.
Just to notify anyone subscribing to the thread that I managed to find a solution for this :)

Reactions: Lakis_dj

marjanoos

Mar 27, 2012
Dortmund
The second problem is that the loading of the camera application takes too long. From the moment of shifting into reverse it takes 3-4 seconds, and in my opinion it should take 1 second
Did you manage to deal with that delay?
I hope you will come back to the forums and reply me :)

@DexterMorganNL you wrote that delay is inevitable but actually it's not. I had MTCE device previously and reverse image was instant (and I know that's different device). Here it's about 3-4 second which makes the reverse camera useless.

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
Did you manage to deal with that delay?
I hope you will come back to the forums and reply me :)

@DexterMorganNL you wrote that delay is inevitable but actually it's not. I had MTCE device previously and reverse image was instant (and I know that's different device). Here it's about 3-4 second which makes the reverse camera useless.
Yes a delay, while starting the engine: not while the engine is running, than there is no delay between going into reserve and the camera. The delay is because the headunit needs to wake from sleep.

marjanoos

Mar 27, 2012
Dortmund
There's no difference in my case. When I put the reverse with engine running, 3 seconds between reverse screen is showing.

Also was anybody able to install updates for those integrated app store apps? Like canbus, protocol etc.? When I try to install them, I get "app wasn't installed".

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
There's no difference in my case. When I put the reverse with engine running, 3 seconds between reverse screen is showing.

Also was anybody able to install updates for those integrated app store apps? Like canbus, protocol etc.? When I try to install them, I get "app wasn't installed".
Only the Carlink, the others I didn't try to install and no that app store show some error. So it's not working somehow.

Lakis_dj

Jan 26, 2021

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2023-03-21 194509.png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2023-03-21 194509.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 76

marjanoos

Mar 27, 2012
Dortmund
For the record: I was dumb :D I assumed that if there's no camera attached, head unit would go into reverse mode as quick as if camera was attached (but with black screen only).

So when I thought "well, let's try to connect the camera" and I've found that image is showing instantly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The lower picture shows Gmaps in picture in picture mode (PIP) which is used in several launchers. @surfer63 has explained that before, too. It's sometimes the sequence in which you open Gmaps that affects that, as in whether you open it as the standalone app or right away in PIP mode.
    You will get some more advise I think but let's see if that can be fixed.
    Speaking of which, is it better to install Frontapp for teyes first and then your installer or is it better to do the opposite?
    It makes no difference what order you install them.
    But in short: As long as a launcher creates a PIP window, and GMaps is started in/from this PIP window, it will behave as a PIP application.
    Or simply use splitscreen, optionally with my 60/40 modded PeaceOS SystemUI.
    Or, and I don't like to say this, use Android Auto via Carlink which gives you a perfect GMaps experience (or Magic Earth, Waze, Sygic) with an AA enabled music player.
    Yes i use the lancher 27 and i don't use teyes Frontapp.
    Tomorrow i install it.
    Tanck you @surfer63.
    When i install Teyes Frontapp, what should i do?
    It gives the option of setting dozens of apps in the PIP window.
    You can also turn on a "favourites loop" which is how I used it. I had 4 apps set and each click of the Frontapp icon would cycle the 4 apps.
    Very easy to use. You'll work it out.
    @surfer63 has explained that before, too.
    page 62 of this thread: Here.
    The link is in Russian!?
    welcome to the internet
    Looks like the fan power.
    To tell the truth, that is what i supposed and connected it to the only fitting connector on when of the wire harnesses coming out of the device, BUT my fan never turns on, sooooo maybe im wrong.
    As well as connecting the fan to the harness you also have to switch it on in the UI. In Settings go to Device/Sound/Amp OnOff set to On to have the fan on. Looks like there isn't proper integration for the fan so they just use the switchable amp power output to drive the fan.
    Very clear, many thanks.
    Only one more question, navifly models seems doen't have cooling fan in the back. Is it suggested to have it or not?
    It is definitely suggested especially if you live in (sub-)tropical areas. The fan is really quite and keeps the temperature about 20 degrees lower (in my case).

And with regard to "UI looks different": I just created a modded firmware based on the latest Mekede in combination with the latest core/kernel I could find, that contains all 11 launchers that are available for the several FYTs around. I currently use Nova Launcher. My current Mekede firmware (build date 18 September 2021) contains 3 launchers: 2 of them look very nice, but that is only eye candy. Real functionality is not so great. I will simply test all 11 and might get back to Nova again. I will also test if my modded firmware is "sharable". I know simply how to overcome issues, so I want to test first.

I also use something else than the "twipe_all" or "twipe_data", that removes everything (all) or all data including your 3rd party installed apps including their settings. And only because FYT still doesn't have a good update protocol for their own apps after 6+ years.
    My "post upgrade" action is only removing all FYT related data/cache/profiles.
    But first test if that really works ;)
    Excuse me for the little OT. By connecting a smartphone to the Navifly/Mekede with Bluetooth and sharing the address book with it, does it remain in memory with the device? That is, let me explain better, if another smartphone is connected will it have access to the address book of the first smartphone?
    Hello there. I've already test it. Me and my girlfriend usually travel together so I have to choose between her phone and mine (FYT unit only connects to 1 phone at a time). So she's connected and all her contacts appear (and I store it) and as soon as I connect my phone the list is swapped and I cannot see her list anymore.
    It's a good thing. And other fact is that the unit first pairing is always to the last paired phone during switch off (assuming that that phone bluetooth is enabled).
    Hello. Is there any way to update MCU YIN 53?
    Can I use this NOR 53?
    https://xdaforums.com/t/medeke-navifly-7862.4248969/post-88957339
    You should never update MCU if you don't have any issues with yours.