MediaPad M2 8.0 OTA update to Marshmallow released!

omaga

Jul 22, 2007
@toxic_garden : What is your impression about the 6.0 on M2? Stable and fast?

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Is there a 4G version of the Asian B019 ROM for download?

toxic_garden

Nov 30, 2012
Hamburg
@toxic_garden : What is your impression about the 6.0 on M2? Stable and fast?
there are some new configuration and optimization options and they seem to work pretty well. Performancewise i sadly don't feel any difference to 5.1.1. But since i upgraded having all my apps installed, this might not be the case for all. I'll do a reset today and install everything fresh from play store, which is in general a good advice if changing major android versions. So let's hope the clean start gives it the performance boost it deserves. :)

About the L-version: someone with a 4G tablet could replicate the steps i mentioned, using the korean 5.1.1 L. It would very likely lead to a lot of errors if i would try, having the WiFi only version.

[edit] oops, misread your question. So B019 for 4G version should be here. But pay close attention to the difference to 802L. The 803 firmware contains a different sets of UMTS and LTE bands.

Last edited:

omaga

Jul 22, 2007
Yes it's very vice to start from zero when u change the ROM on the device, I always do that. I have 801L version of the tablet, and I'm be ware of that I can't flash another ROM because of the LTE band difference between devices, just as u wrote. Let's hope the update come this year, :cool:

elendiir

Nov 14, 2007
Hi there,

thanks for providing the update.zip as download Toxi_garden. I have just installed the update on a unmodified M2-801w (firmware version 008) using the default way of depolying local updates. The whole process will take roughly 20 minutes. After that you will have EMUI 4 running on Android 6.
Cheers
Elendiir

toxic_garden

Nov 30, 2012
Hamburg
Sorry for not replying to your pm, for some reason the notification mails sometimes go to my spam folder. Cool it worked out fine. :)
When setting the tab back to factory defaults, you have to load the play store apk manually onto the tablet since it's not included in the Asian rom version. Just a hint since i did it last week to start fresh from scratch. ;)

Mirnadi

Dec 8, 2016
how to downgrade back to android 5 lollipop. i dont know this os wifi only. pleas he

how to downgrade back to android 5 lollipop. i dont know this os wifi only. pleas he

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

but this os wifi only... i cant call anyone ..how to downgrade to lollipop againt ..please tell me

aurox1

Dec 3, 2012
So here we are: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B765h62rQ81INUp0WHVvUFh5VzA

Steps i took, coming from a rooted 5.1.1 (version CUST<something>D003 i think)
- download 5.1.1 Asia release B019 from needrom (M2-801w-V100R001C233B019.zip)
- extract all img files with Huawei Extractor to a dedicated folder
- uninstall superSU
- fastboot to bootloader
- fastboot flash system, recovery and boot img from the extracted file
- reboot
- launch Update Tool
- be scared by some weird asian Update Notes
- install anyway
- success

after installation, the system language is still set to german (as it was on my tab before), so there seems to be no need to work through korean menus for setting the localization back. :)
You can surely skip those steps above and put the update.zip directly into your /dload folder or on the external sd card, but remember that you need a stock rom for it to work. If you tempered /system or had some custom recovery, you should fastboot flash the extracted img files directly.

Were you able to root your device on 6.0? My device won't finish boot whenever I flash different versions of SuperSU.

tb2009

Jan 5, 2016
Have you managed to get root after the update?
I followed all the steps above (works great, thanks) - but SuperSU is causing bootloops (tried different versions of it, none seems to work)
2.78 SR5 and SR4 > No go
latest > No go
2.74 > No go

MoRRLiNsS

May 14, 2014
Dobrich
Have you managed to get root after the update?
I followed all the steps above (works great, thanks) - but SuperSU is causing bootloops (tried different versions of it, none seems to work)
2.78 SR5 and SR4 > No go
latest > No go
2.74 > No go
Do a systemless install of super su if it dosent say it automaticly doing the script and pach the boot img there is a command that you can use to force it into systemless in twrp advanced open terminal :
Echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu and then flash super su hope it works still waiting on official eu ota

Mirnadi

Dec 8, 2016
help frp lock

can u help me.. i cant unlock oem n i cant install twrp/root , i cant downgrade OS mediapad m2 to android 5.. cause my os android 6 wifi only, i wan to back mediapad m2 801L 4G

domadh

Jan 22, 2013
I am downloading the 6.0 update on my 802L right now.
It is a Japanese model. Just thought I would let you guys know to use the updater tool - I don't know if all models have it, but at least the 802L has rolled out.
Cheers!

Mirnadi

Dec 8, 2016
before the update I was MediaPad MediaPad m2 m2-801L I accidentally 4G update to MediaPad m2-801W WIFI (Android 5.1 アップグレードパッケージ(M2-801w)
link http://consumer.huawei.com/jp/support/downloads/index.htm
, I MediaPad his final loss to call and inthernet applications use the data, I can not restore my OS to OS, namely the original MediaPad 801L m2 lollipop and now I am stuck on android 6 wifi only

hardware version MediaPad MediaPad m2 m2-801L
sofware version MediaPad MediaPad m2 m2-801W (android 6)
nothing update notification

help me please
I wish I was normal again MediaPad m2 there is his signal and could call

tassosl

Jan 3, 2017
Has anyone tried this one?

ministryofsolutions.com/2016/12/huawei-mediapad-m2-801l-marshmallow-b205-full-firmware-europe-emui4-0.html
(copy paste this in your browser url address field)

It is supposed to be European M2-801L version B205

Eagle-no1

Aug 19, 2013
The world's best place. FINLAND
Has anyone tried this one?

ministryofsolutions.com/2016/12/huawei-mediapad-m2-801l-marshmallow-b205-full-firmware-europe-emui4-0.html
(copy paste this in your browser url address field)

It is supposed to be European M2-801L version B205
Yes, i download and install, and that works. Thank you :)

Sorry Screenshot Finnish language.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: meand0g1