Mediapad m3 missing stock calculator (Bootloader unlock question)

Search This thread

han2

Jul 27, 2016
I am trying to unlock the bootloader of a US WIFI BTV-W09C128 Mediapad m3 that was previously upgraded to B352.
After the upgrade the tablet no longer has a calculator to get it into manufacture mode.
The google calculator from the playstore will not allow a ( character to be typed in portrait or landscape mode.
I have looked in all the usual places for the native huawei calculator apk with no luck.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

tmarshall57

Jul 25, 2010
I haven't resolved your specific issue but I did locate what appears to be the Huawei Calculator App APK on the website here (can't include full address):

android-apk.org/com.android.calculator2/46628588-android-calculator2/

han2

Jul 27, 2016
Root Activity Launcher on github. If you don't have root access you can install and then grant app permissions through adb I believe. I've used it but I had the bootloader code saved so only used it to get to project menu after root.

Granting it all permissions when installing via adb (adb install -g) did not work. I see the calculator security function inside of activity launcher but it will not run and returns the message "Root Unavailable".

I have tried every calculator app I could find that claims to be from huawei with no luck. I have a hard time believing that the app is not out there somewhere. At this point I am hoping someone will read this and post their version somewhere.

Granting it all permissions when installing via adb (adb install -g) did not work. I see the calculator security function inside of activity launcher but it will not run and returns the message "Root Unavailable".

I have tried every calculator app I could find that claims to be from huawei with no luck. I have a hard time believing that the app is not out there somewhere. At this point I am hoping someone will read this and post their version somewhere.

I was referring to the project menu function within activity launcher. Calculator is only needed to get project menu. If you can get permissions set you can skip calculator and go straight to project menu from activity launcher.

han2

Jul 27, 2016
I am the OP and am revisiting this after some time.
I have not been able to get to the project menu using any tool like activity launcher. It presents an error that root is not available/denied.

It seems the only way is with the stock calculator app which was lost over the years. Can someone with a working mediapad m3 post the apk for the original app?

han2

Jul 27, 2016
WOO! I managed to get the tablet up and running again. (After all this time!)
Note: I have a US wifi BTV-W09.

Here is what I did at a very high level.
1. Flashed BTV-W09C128B005CUSTC128D001 using the dload sdcard method
2. used dcunlocker to get the bootloader code (money well spent)
3. used multi-tool 8 to unlock bootloader
4. flashed TWRP for EMUI4
5. flashed BTV-W09C128B350 using TWRP
6. upgraded to the TWRP for EMU5
7. flashed the TWRP version listed in the first few posts of the Lineage 15.1 thread
8. flashed lineage 15.1 using the guides from that thread
9. Happy!

I not sure why there are different TWRP versions for each EMUI version but it did not work without this step. Tablet would not boot. I wasted a lot of time thinking I could shortcut this step. Nope. Flash the right TWRP along the way and save time.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone