MediaPad M3 UN-BRICK, RESTORE, ROLLBACK and RESCUE for BTV variants.

Aaron jr

Aug 24, 2016
@surdu_petru
Maybe a software called "Dc phoenix" can help you unbrick your device. My BTV-W09 has also been bricked by flashing the wrong firmware. Even though I send it to Huawei's official service center, it cannot be repair by flashing, and the only way they said was to change a new motherboard. However, I found this software, and surprisingly, it works. This is a paid software, but i think this information will be useful to you.

Reactions: surdu_petru

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
@surdu_petru
Maybe a software called "Dc phoenix" can help you unbrick your device. My BTV-W09 has also been bricked by flashing the wrong firmware. Even though I send it to Huawei's official service center, it cannot be repair by flashing, and the only way they said was to change a new motherboard. However, I found this software, and surprisingly, it works. This is a paid software, but i think this information will be useful to you.
Yes, I know what you say, but my device have some issue connectivity via USB cable ... so any tools is almost useless now without a proper connectivity !

The device is broken since April 2020, I think it took too long to have at least battery to maintain connectivity ... or maybe I'm wrong, but there is definitely a problem of communication via USB cable ! I have the right Qualcomm USB drivers and also my device is connected via USB on proper port - but unfortunately this connection takes very little - and no tools are able to properly connected to my device !

Reactions: Aaron jr

Aaron jr

Aug 24, 2016
Yes, I know what you say, but my device have some issue connectivity via USB cable ... so any tools is almost useless now without a proper connectivity !

The device is broken since April 2020, I think it took too long to have at least battery to maintain connectivity ... or maybe I'm wrong, but there is definitely a problem of communication via USB cable ! I have the right Qualcomm USB drivers and also my device is connected via USB on proper port - but unfortunately this connection takes very little - and no tools are able to properly connected to my device !
My device had the same problem, too. I can't charge my device and the computer won't identify it. At first, I thought there might be some problem with battery.

I tried various tools and firmware, but none of them succeeded. After entering fastboot mode, it automatically shuts down after a few seconds because of out of battery, then I gave up to fix this device, because its not worth to waste so much time on it.

After a year, I saw that you were planning to make a custom rom for mediapad m3, so I planned to unbrick this device again. I saw someone discussing this software, so I tried it. I didn't hold too much hope, but because the fee can be refunded if it failed, So I bought it. During the process, my device entered into a strange usb mode that i had never seen , unexpectedly, it works.

I strongly recommend you to tried this software, if it fail, your fee can be refunded.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
My device had the same problem, too. I can't charge my device and the computer won't identify it. At first, I thought there might be some problem with battery.

I tried various tools and firmware, but none of them succeeded. After entering fastboot mode, it automatically shuts down after a few seconds because of out of battery, then I gave up to fix this device, because its not worth to waste so much time on it.

After a year, I saw that you were planning to make a custom rom for mediapad m3, so I planned to unbrick this device again. I saw someone discussing this software, so I tried it. I didn't hold too much hope, but because the fee can be refunded if it failed, So I bought it. During the process, my device entered into a strange usb mode that i had never seen , unexpectedly, it works.

I strongly recommend you to tried this software, if it fail, your fee can be refunded.
Already tried but DC-Unlocker didn't recognized my firmware which was giving me by @tek3195, I need a .dgtks firmware in order to working with DC-U, and also it can't be flashed directly UPDATE.APP because my device is recognized in my desktop only on EDL mode, and it looks like DC-U don't allow to write UPDATE.APP on my device via edl mode.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
@tek3195, I guess that I need the right firmware for BAH-AL00 because I tried to flash with MobileSea Service Tool, and it complain about wrong programer .mbn !

Last edited:

tek3195

Aug 19, 2017
Panama City FL.
@tek3195, I guess that I need the right firmware for BAH-AL00 because I tried to flash with MobileSea Service Tool, and it complain about wrong programer .mbn !

Couldn't find BAH-AL00, all I found was BAH2-AL00 and it is Hisilicon and not qualcomm. It's weird the way they have models with two totally different chipsets and still MediaPad M3. I'll dig around and see if I can find anything in a different place. You could see upon opening what I had where it came from and they usually have everything available. I use Sigma Key and they have instructions for repair with board software from a sister device when you can't find exact match. Like using BAH-L09 for BAH-AL00 when exact match isn't available and it will flash UPDATE.APP in several different modes when there is no board software. If shipping wasn't so expensive I'd say send it to me and I would fix it for you. I can't use it remotely, they have it programmed where it won't work that way. I can't even get it to run on a VM in local machine.

Aaron jr

Aug 24, 2016

Here is the place where you can find your device's firmware, but this format of firmware only support DC Phoenix. BAH-AL00 is in the supported model list, and the firmware of your device can be download in the website, the premise is that you bought the DC-Unlocker.

Attachments

tek3195

Aug 19, 2017
Panama City FL.
Here is the place where you can find your device's firmware, but this format of firmware only support DC Phoenix. BAH-AL00 is in the supported model list, and the firmware of your device can be download in the website, the premise is that you bought the DC-Unlocker.
That may work, DC-Phoenix is good but the firmware is in UPDATE.APP that they encrypted or formatted with proprietary format. It is not full board software but a lot of times UPDATE.APP is fine if you have a way of flashing it, which DC-Phoenix does. @surdu_petru It's worth a shot, may need to ask in their forum about connecting with no battery. They're pretty good about refunding if it doesn't work.

tek3195

Aug 19, 2017
Panama City FL.
@surdu_petru did you try all four of the firehose_loader.mbn files that were in the bah-l09 board software ? there is regular and lite, both validated and not-validated in there.

Also the AL00 is Snapdragon 435 and the L09 is Snapdragon 430. If getprop gave you L09 that is what you should use which is msm8937 and not msm8940.

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I've already bought credit to use DC Phoenix, but it doesn't seem to find a way to flash firmware in edl mode. Somehow it accept downgrade update.app but doesn't seem to work on edl mode either. As I can see DC Phoenix accept only dgtks format firmware.

Yes, I tried with msm8937_ddr & lite.mbn and also emmc_apsboot.mbn but I didn't checked with validate .mbn

Edit:
tek3195, do you know if I need to change .mbn program name also on sahara.xml as is just a generic one there ?

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
That's one thing nice about Sigma Key, it takes .skf proprietary format but also will flash UPDATE.APP, .mbn and .xml firmwares
Ok, thank you very much for all your help !

DC-Phoenix can't detect my device on edl mode ... always says he didn't find anything in download mode & and a lot of others options are for flash in fastboot mode, which is incompatible for moment with my device as there is only edl mode for my device at this moment .
I tried also all 4 firehose .mbn and also emmc_appsboot.mbn and no one passed whatever the tool I use !

So, if you can help me to flash it locally I'll try to send you my device ... please send me via PM your address details, thanks !

There is absolutely no problem if you do not manage to fix it, I just ask you to give it to recycling !

Anyway, thank you very very much in advance for your help !

ajmalik123

Aug 5, 2018
Hi i successfully rooted my huawei m3 btv-dl09c209b312 and have custom recovery and runing lineage os 17.1 but without sim card being detected. imei lost and not able to find a way to restore to stock due to error in emui recovery and it connects to wifi everytime i try to install stock rom. secondly i tried placing stock rom update.app with hurupdate and it fails giving error no internal device found and fails with error code 1. i want to keep twrp and linage os but can you help me with sim no detection issue. current rom ver is btv-loj which is not asian and different from my stock rom which was asia pacific. help is very much appreciated. :)