MediaPad M3 UN-BRICK, RESTORE, ROLLBACK and RESCUE for BTV variants.

Search This thread

danielsann

Oct 24, 2008
Hi

I tried several times with several tools suggested but I received the same errors every time .

For example using Huye Download Tool I received message : Fail => QLIB_QPHONESMS_Sahara_FlashProgrammer

1628526137001.png

With Qflash tool ( every files selected in the firmware dir ):

1628526187348.png

with QFIL :

1628526272704.png

Qualfast :

1628526388150.png

Obviuosly I see the Qualcomm port :

1628526433434.png

Please help me :( I don't know what other things I have to do

many many many thanks !

D. ....#

Hi

I tried several times with several tools suggested but I received the same errors every time .

For example using Huye Download Tool I received message : Fail => QLIB_QPHONESMS_Sahara_FlashProgrammer

View attachment 5381771

With Qflash tool ( every files selected in the firmware dir ):

View attachment 5381775

with QFIL :

View attachment 5381777

Qualfast :

View attachment 5381783

Obviuosly I see the Qualcomm port :

View attachment 5381789

Please help me :( I don't know what other things I have to do

many many many thanks !

D. ....#
Try this one and see if you have any luck. On a lot of them there seems to be an issue with Huawei interface even though it is a qualcomm device. This one is made by Huawei so maybe it will work. There are detailed instructions step by step on same site. It says fastboot or download mode so not sure if 9008 mode is what they are calling download mode or not. Finding the Huiye tool to work with a KOB-W09 took me a long time and going thru a lot of different tools and ultimately having to edit some files to get it to work. It is trial and failure with a lot of googling the tool name with the error you get. It can be a tedious pain in the assets. I've had devices that I spent 2 months looking for a solution to unbrick. You just have to keep at it, or buy some paid software. For Huawei I have a Sigma Key Huawei Edition that works well enough I bought my MediaPad M3 off of ebay as a hard brick for $35 with no doubt I could fix it. There are cheaper solutions than Sigma like DC Phoenix if your device is on their support list it will work or you get your money back. I think last time I used DC Phoenix it was like $20 for 72hr license, but that's been a while. Sorry I can't be of more help, if it was local it wouldn't take 10 minutes and be like new.

Just looked and DC Phoenix supports your device and has the firmware files for it. It was $19 for 72hr license.

Last edited:

danielsann

Oct 24, 2008
Sorry for queustion , I have no problem to bought 19$ of license if it works !
But , my question is : is it possible that I have this kind of problem because my tablet is stock and the bootloader is locked ?
Is it possible that I have to use the testpoint to enter in EDL mode ?

thank you

Sorry for queustion , I have no problem to bought 19$ of license if it works !
But , my question is : is it possible that I have this kind of problem because my tablet is stock and the bootloader is locked ?
Is it possible that I have to use the testpoint to enter in EDL mode ?

thank you
When you are seeing Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 you are in download mode whether bootloader is locked or not. I don't have same device to check modes but Huawei does have some that are different. 9008 mode, EDL, Download mode and a few more are all doing the same thing just a little bit different from OEM to OEM. I had mentioned something earlier about it could be a pain working with Huawei interface on a Qualcomm. Qualcomm tools are hit and miss with which ones work with Huawei. When I said I looked and DC Phoenix had your firmware, that meant that they have your firmware in their proprietary format that works with their software. Same way all of them do it, Sigma Key has an .skf extension on their firmware files for sigma key format. Each tool vendor that uses proprietary format has it so you can't use there files with other tools or other files with their tool. Luckily Sigma finally let us start flashing UPDATE.APP and .xml files in addition to .skf. Anyway, DC has your firmware so it should flash it. I would go on DC-Unlocker/DC-Phoenix forums and make sure it will flash in 9008 mode and not just fastboot. Make sure to have unbrick solution planned out before buying license, if you run into problems that 72 hours can disappear quick waiting for help on their forum. If you don't have an issue with the $19 go for it.

I have run into problems navigating their sites. DC Phoenix and DC-Unlocker are the same but different. Finding downloads and making payments can be frustrating at times. About time you get your head around the fact that DC Phoenix is seperate from DC Unlocker and is not HCU Client you have to go to DC Unlocker to pay for DC Phoenix. Again, it should work for you. Good luck and let me know if you get stuck.

Hello!
Is there someone that has the board firmware for BAH-W09? My tablet is stucked on EDL mode:(
I would appreciate it! Thanks!
BAH-W09 does not have its own board software, it is shared with BAH-L09. Post #14 in this thread should have it in there as BAH-L09 which is what you have to use. You omit or delete LTE related files to flash wifi variants. If you search 'Sigma Key, flashing board software of sister device' they have a list of which files to flash or omit.

I didn't see the old instructions with list. Put this here for #1 as #2~5 are specific to Sigma Key

How to repair your phone if there is no factory flash for your exact platform:
  1. Select flash for other platform, but based on the same CPU (for example, factory flash file for EVA-AL10, EVA-L29… can be selected for EVA-L09)
  2. Select profile “Don't flash” and flash the phone.
    Bootloader will be downloaded, but nothing will be flashed.
  3. Then use FLASH via fastboot mode and flash the update.app file that suits your phone’s platform
  4. Repair Vendor/Coutry; IMEI and other numbers
  5. To finalize repair operation flash your phone via UPGRADE MODE

Last edited:
BAH-W09 does not have its own board software, it is shared with BAH-L09. Post #14 in this thread should have it in there as BAH-L09 which is what you have to use. You omit or delete LTE related files to flash wifi variants. If you search 'Sigma Key, flashing board software of sister device' they have a list of which files to flash or omit.

I didn't see the old instructions with list. Put this here for #1 as #2~5 are specific to Sigma Key

How to repair your phone if there is no factory flash for your exact platform:
  1. Select flash for other platform, but based on the same CPU (for example, factory flash file for EVA-AL10, EVA-L29… can be selected for EVA-L09)
  2. Select profile “Don't flash” and flash the phone.
    Bootloader will be downloaded, but nothing will be flashed.
  3. Then use FLASH via fastboot mode and flash the update.app file that suits your phone’s platform
  4. Repair Vendor/Coutry; IMEI and other numbers
  5. To finalize repair operation flash your phone via UPGRADE MODE
Thanks for the quick response.
I tried using some free other flashing tools with no success. I would like to ask if there is any other flashing tool except SigmaKey or paid software.

Thanks for the quick response.
I tried using some free other flashing tools with no success. I would like to ask if there is any other flashing tool except SigmaKey or paid software.
There are a lot of Qualcomm tools but the Huawei interface seems to get in the way. There are a couple tools made by Huawei and there is Huiye Tool that I have used before but it is version specific as to whether it will support your device. Easiest way would be DC Phoenix, it's paid but worth it for $19 for 72hr license. That is if your device is on their support list.

Just looked and yeah they got you covered. It's pretty good tool for bricked huawei devices. It also allows flashing past locked bootloader which was how I got twrp on a locked T3-7. Took some under hood tweaking of file names but very powerful huawei flashing utility.

Last edited:
There are a lot of Qualcomm tools but the Huawei interface seems to get in the way. There are a couple tools made by Huawei and there is Huiye Tool that I have used before but it is version specific as to whether it will support your device. Easiest way would be DC Phoenix, it's paid but worth it for $19 for 72hr license. That is if your device is on their support list.

Just looked and yeah they got you covered. It's pretty good tool for bricked huawei devices. It also allows flashing past locked bootloader which was how I got twrp on a locked T3-7. Took some under hood tweaking of file names but very powerful huawei flashing utility.
I bought 72 hours license but, I could not find firmware for BAH-W09 with file type .dgtks.
Also, I tried every program for flashing board software and it didn't work. It appeared sahara fail error. Maybe, there is not any solution for my tablet.

I bought 72 hours license but, I could not find firmware for BAH-W09 with file type .dgtks.
Also, I tried every program for flashing board software and it didn't work. It appeared sahara fail error. Maybe, there is not any solution for my tablet.
Did you try the ones I showed ? If license is expired contact them and tell them you didn't find firmware and they should extend your time. The firmware in those screenshots should be correct.
Screenshot at 2021-08-18 07-44-54.png

Last edited:
Did you try the ones I showed ? If license is expired contact them and tell them you didn't find firmware and they should extend your time. The firmware in those screenshots should be correct.View attachment 5388701
Yes, I download and tried. DC Phoenix appeared a message that my device is not into upgrade or testpoint mode. Also, the tablet appeared on my laptop as "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006 (COM3)" and I changed the drivers to "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008".
Sorry, I don't have much experience on that.
Thanks in advance.

Yes, I download and tried. DC Phoenix appeared a message that my device is not into upgrade or testpoint mode. Also, the tablet appeared on my laptop as "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006 (COM3)" and I changed the drivers to "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008".
Sorry, I don't have much experience on that.
Thanks in advance.
have you asked anyone at DC Phoenix about unbricking from 9006 mode ? there are tools to go from 9008 to 9006 but I don't know if they work the other way around. I would check with DC and see what they know.

Unfortunately,no. Maybe it needs to be in testpoint mode in order the firmware to be flashed.
You need to ask them since it is not marked as supported for using test point. The only one that I know of that is supposed to work from 9006 mode is EMMC Dongle, from trying a crack version that connected to device in 9006 mode and was ready to write but I didn't have .xml firmware at the time. There are different guides for recovering from 9006 mode that are complicated and I have no experience using. 9006 is a pain in the @SS to deal with. Keep trying and eventually you'll find solution, somewhere, maybe.

Scootch2002

Sep 2, 2021
Hi,

I want to sell mit BTVW09 device, so I wanted to go back to stock.

Can I use Huawei eRecovery in any way?

Hi,

I want to sell mit BTVW09 device, so I wanted to go back to stock.

Can I use Huawei eRecovery in any way?
Huawei eRecovery has never worked on any tablet I have had. It is built not to work from what I seen from opening it up. It's full of crap that can't work with grossly misspelled addresses and malformed URL and sometimes wrong device info. Had an Huawei/MTK BG2-W09 and the erecovery couldn't recovery anything but Hi-Silicon chipset devices. You can however use sdcard dload method to install stock firmware. If on custom ROM you will have to flash stock recovery and recovery2 images to use it.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash recovery2 recovery2.img
after that with stock update.app in dload folder of external sd card power cycle tablet holding pwr vol+ and vol- all at same time. Do not let go of buttons until builtin updater screen comes up. If you have chosen appropriate firmware give it about 5 minutes and you're good to go. Flash android 6 marshmallow for best results.

Scootch2002

Sep 2, 2021
Huawei eRecovery has never worked on any tablet I have had. It is built not to work from what I seen from opening it up. It's full of crap that can't work with grossly misspelled addresses and malformed URL and sometimes wrong device info. Had an Huawei/MTK BG2-W09 and the erecovery couldn't recovery anything but Hi-Silicon chipset devices. You can however use sdcard dload method to install stock firmware. If on custom ROM you will have to flash stock recovery and recovery2 images to use it.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash recovery2 recovery2.img
after that with stock update.app in dload folder of external sd card power cycle tablet holding pwr vol+ and vol- all at same time. Do not let go of buttons until builtin updater screen comes up. If you have chosen appropriate firmware give it about 5 minutes and you're good to go. Flash android 6 marshmallow for best results.

Yes, I use Lineage OS 17.1 by Pedru. I managed to make this work, but now it seems to be more difficult ;)
First I have to find the recovery image.

Aqibjd773

Jan 26, 2022
Here is a collection of files for the BTV-W09, BTV-DL09 and BTV-L0j. They are somewhat organized and contain firmware, board software, roll back packages with instructions and a poor quality un-edited video of how to flash with IDT successfully. The image for test point location is good for w09 and dl09. I don't know if they are the same on the l0j from Japan or not. Should you truly need a file for the BTV variants of the M3, leave a reply to let me know what it is and I'll see what I can do.

DISCLAMER:
There are other Huawei firmware and board software within this thread. Any use of them is at your own risk, although if you're here you've already screwed something up, whether you believe yourself to be at fault or not.
Flashing board software is a last resort and should not be done unless all other methods have been exhausted. Only flash board software when there are no other alternatives.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/43cwcl8hih2u2/MediaPad_M3_(BTV-W09,L0J,DL09)

BTV-W09 Stock Firmware
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16UhYMILV83C6MwdVqmwYKDf0JA6LOAV5/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g7-rNMGzIRCpKelj2GNdPvhORAmC3z8R/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oAwRv3F08SnAhpkBXw4m_elVhmtg3ie2/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17Ck8zaKlqfP4FmJSRUuM8fNUETY-2-sU/view?usp=sharing
Hi there i was trying to get back to stock from lineage os 15.1. unfortunately i got my bootloader locked due to update.app file and i am stuck between e recovery and can access fastboot mode too. But my bootloader is locked so i can't flash. What should i do

Top Liked Posts