Mediapad T5 Magisk ?

Search This thread

EtienneHD

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,

Do you know if anyone is working on Magisk for Mediapad T5 ?
Really excited to see this happened ! :laugh:

Reactions: lavenir

oslo83

Huawei and Honor do not provide anymore bootloader's unlock codes.
But some third-party sellers are selling them for old and new devices which are just released.

They are sold online from 40 US$ up to 140 US$ ;
Prices are depending from whom you'll buy.
For more infos about this or to know the less expensive sellers, you can just Telegram me on
https://t.me/oslo83

oslo83

Because Magisk 17.1 is already working fine on mediapad T5.

And can you even gain root access on Huawei via adb?

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

By the way, bootloader's unlock code prices dropped down to 25€

themrlsk

Mar 12, 2013
Because Magisk 17.1 is already working fine on mediapad T5.

And can you even gain root access on Huawei via adb?

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

By the way, bootloader's unlock code prices dropped down to 25€

I'm interseted to buy a code for unlocking the bootloader, can you tell me more ? On Telegram ?

fafi farid

Feb 18, 2019
Help !!!

Hi Oslo83,

Can i contact you to help me to install magisk to my mediapad T5 please?

Thanks!!!

JohnnnyBT

May 29, 2019
It is possible to unlock the bootloader - at least it was for me; The key is to downgrade the T5 to version 8.0.0.163 or older; Then DC Unlocker can unlock your device for around 4$ - which is I think fair; I only know a German website where it is described for the M5 but worked for my T5..

But probably it is just a translation of a post on xda developers... What is the current version on your T5?

JohnnnyBT

May 29, 2019
If you use the DC unlocker, they are still available; I just did it few days ago;

Thing is, that they usually not work on newer devices because of some patch by Huawei - that's why I downgraded it; Downgrading with the December patch, however is indeed impossible I think?
What is your Build Number when you go to settings -> android version?

oslo83

If you use the DC unlocker, they are still available; I just did it few days ago;

Thing is, that they usually not work on newer devices because of some patch by Huawei - that's why I downgraded it; Downgrading with the December patch, however is indeed impossible I think?

What is your Build Number when you go to settings -> android version?
Are you speaking of mediapad T5 AGS2 ?
Because AGS2-W09C432B126 with august 2018 security patches was already not working with DC or hcu softwares...

JohnnnyBT

May 29, 2019
Now I see your problem - I have an older Android security patch, that is why it was working for me;

I am so sorry - I am a newbie and don't know every detail; I guess I was just lucky

skinnykhalida

Feb 21, 2016
Magisk 17.1 is already working fine on AGS2 !
-> ctsProfile & basicIntegrity are both true on AGS-W09C432 B132 and B157.

Hey can you link a tutorial on how to Root the MediaPad t5?
I think mine is already unlocked because in Canada, wireless service providers (Rogers for me) are required to sell already unlocked devices.

EDIT: My Build Number is AGS2-L03 8.0.0.175(C654)
Security Patch: March 1, 2019

Last edited:

skinnykhalida

Feb 21, 2016
It didnt say anything.
I booted up using Power + Volume Down and it said nothing at all. It booted into safe mode once though.
(Tried this like 10 times. And ive rooted every samsung phone ive had from the s4,5,6,7 so i have some experience doing this)
I just want to root my tablet so i can use ps4 remote play. Does anyone have a safe method i can use?

EDIT: Plugged into PC and it says "Phone Locked FRP Lock". Guess rooting is out of the question for now

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts