Mediatek MT6592 CyanogenMod porting

Search This thread

zyama85

Mar 8, 2015
Help me pls

Guys, I'm desperate. I have a wonderful machine Lenovo A850 + processor mt6592. Unfortunately, Lenovo has left us with only 4.2.2. What was not looking, I did not find the custom kernels 3.4.6 and so on. I beg you to help. I will be very grateful

lunik1980

Jun 28, 2015
Not working GSM

Hello!I made a port for Lenovo A808T.Firmware start but does not see the network.Sim is not working.In the NVRAM folder, no files.Lost IMEI.My phone is on Sim 1 card.Please tell me I have to do to earned a GSM?.I really hope that you can help me.

glemco

Jan 8, 2014
Hello!I made a port for Lenovo A808T.Firmware start but does not see the network.Sim is not working.In the NVRAM folder, no files.Lost IMEI.My phone is on Sim 1 card.Please tell me I have to do to earned a GSM?.I really hope that you can help me.

Did u touched the /system/etc/firmware folder? I think u should at least use your stock modem.img (the name could be slightly different but u should find it anyway) to have network working (maybe try also with bin/ril files even though i don't think they'll help). If it does not work maybe u should modify something in your ramdisk (try looking for something related to the modem)
I hope it will help

lunik1980

Jun 28, 2015
Did u touched the /system/etc/firmware folder? I think u should at least use your stock modem.img (the name could be slightly different but u should find it anyway) to have network working (maybe try also with bin/ril files even though i don't think they'll help). If it does not work maybe u should modify something in your ramdisk (try looking for something related to the modem)
I hope it will help

Can you tell me about where this data can be located in a ramdisk ?

lunik1980

Jun 28, 2015
Hello! Why disappears when you install the folder NVRAM and IMEI.In the folder NVRAM nothing .I put the firmware after installing VIBE2.Repair IMEI is not helping.Phone Lenovo A808T.Please help((((

glemco

Jan 8, 2014
I have a question.. how can I take booting logs to detect what the kernel needs to be changed!!!
U should run a logcat from your pc (adb logcat -d should be your case), after that i don't know exactly what to do, maybe u shold use some immagination to find the problems ;). Which scripts/recovery did u use to flash it correctly?
Hello! Why disappears when you install the folder NVRAM and IMEI.In the folder NVRAM nothing .I put the firmware after installing VIBE2.Repair IMEI is not helping.Phone Lenovo A808T.Please help((((
What did u mean? After flashing the ported rom u lost the content of the NVRAM folder? Even pasting it from your previous rom it does not work (some recoveries do it automatically with backup/restore NVRAM)? Only repairing the IMEIs won't work as it doesn't know where to write them. Don't forget to set proper permissions eventually (should be rw-rw----).

lunik1980

Jun 28, 2015
U should run a logcat from your pc (adb logcat -d should be your case), after that i don't know exactly what to do, maybe u shold use some immagination to find the problems ;). Which scripts/recovery did u use to flash it correctly?

What did u mean? After flashing the ported rom u lost the content of the NVRAM folder? Even pasting it from your previous rom it does not work (some recoveries do it automatically with backup/restore NVRAM)? Only repairing the IMEIs won't work as it doesn't know where to write them. Don't forget to set proper permissions eventually (should be rw-rw----).

The NVRAM folder is empty and there are no files.The repair doesn't work.Endured the NVRAM folder,doesn't work either.What file must be rw-rw---- ?

M7ammad.eb

Jul 30, 2012
Cairo

well adb won't work before showing the bootanimation, which mean you have a correct krenel to boot and just need to edit inside your framework.. but in my case I'm still stuck in the kernel logo and sometimes bootloop and sometimes rebooting to recovery by itself...

about scripts/recovery I'm using regular CM11 updater (and flashable zip structure) script with TWRP 2.7.1.0

glemco

Jan 8, 2014
The NVRAM folder is empty and there are no files.The repair doesn't work.Endured the NVRAM folder,doesn't work either.What file must be rw-rw---- ?
Each file (not directories) inside the NVRAM folder u previously pasted from a working rom. The reapair only adds IMEI codes to files that exist. If it does not work there would be some problems outside (baseband or ramdisk). U can give a try running a logcat on boot.
well adb won't work before showing the bootanimation, which mean you have a correct krenel to boot and just need to edit inside your framework.. but in my case I'm still stuck in the kernel logo and sometimes bootloop and sometimes rebooting to recovery by itself...

about scripts/recovery I'm using regular CM11 updater (and flashable zip structure) script with TWRP 2.7.1.0

Well i don't know in that case... It may be that the updater-script doesn't work, did u tried with the one given here? What mods did u make to the ramdisk? I have almost the same problem with both unmodified ramdisk and comparing .rc files with meld (linux). I cannot get beyond the boot logo. I fear that the only way would be to try each possibility :(
I'm not sure but maybe we can find something in /dev/log, if the access to recovery (to reach a filemanager) does not delete them.

Last edited:

lunik1980

Jun 28, 2015
Baseband version Unknown

Baseband version Unknown. I changed the folder etc/firmware(the file you modem_5_lwg_n.img) but I have another folder mddb(file BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6290_S01_a808t_v40_5_ltg_n) where I need to copy it to earn a modem?

glemco

Jan 8, 2014
Baseband version Unknown. I changed the folder etc/firmware(the file you modem_5_lwg_n.img) but I have another folder mddb(file BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6290_S01_a808t_v40_5_ltg_n) where I need to copy it to earn a modem?

I don't think so, it is only present in stock (maybe cm on lollipop doesn't need it), u can try as it won't mess up your phone but it shouldn't be necessary. If u changed modem, /system/bin/rild (and rildmd2) and u filled NVRAM folder with no result, the problem could be in the boot.

lunik1980

Jun 28, 2015
I don't think so, it is only present in stock (maybe cm on lollipop doesn't need it), u can try as it won't mess up your phone but it shouldn't be necessary. If u changed modem, /system/bin/rild (and rildmd2) and u filled NVRAM folder with no result, the problem could be in the boot.
And what should be changed in the BOOT? Maybe what I do not correctly change?

Here is fstab VIBE 2
Code:
/[email protected]     /data               ext4      noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc    wait,check,encryptable=footer
/[email protected]_f   /protect_f          ext4      noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc    wait,check
/[email protected]_s   /protect_s          ext4      noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc    wait,check
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host   auto      vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=sdcard0:[email protected],noemulatedsd
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host   auto      vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto

But the fstab.mt6592
Code:
/[email protected]       /system         ext4    ro,commit=1,noauto_da_alloc				wait
/[email protected]       /data           ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard	wait,check
/[email protected]         /cache          ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard	wait,check
/[email protected]_f     /protect_f      ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard	wait,check
/[email protected]_s     /protect_s      ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard	wait,check
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0	auto	auto	defaults	voldmanaged=sdcard0:8,nonremovable,noemulatedsd
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1	auto	auto	defaults        voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto
/devices/platform/mt_usb		auto 	auto	defaults	voldmanaged=usbotg:auto
Tell me what should be changed?

This parameter is not present in fstab VIBE 2. And in fstab.mt6592 is. Need it or not?
Code:
[email protected]  /system ext4    ro,commit=1,noauto_da_alloc wait.
/[email protected]         /cache          ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard	wait,check

glemco

Jan 8, 2014

And what should be changed in the BOOT? Maybe what I do not correctly change?

Here is fstab VIBE 2
Code:
/[email protected]     /data               ext4      noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc    wait,check,encryptable=footer
/[email protected]_f   /protect_f          ext4      noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc    wait,check
/[email protected]_s   /protect_s          ext4      noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc    wait,check
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host   auto      vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=sdcard0:[email protected],noemulatedsd
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host   auto      vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto

But the fstab.mt6592
Code:
/[email protected]       /system         ext4    ro,commit=1,noauto_da_alloc				wait
/[email protected]       /data           ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard	wait,check
/[email protected]_f     /protect_f      ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard	wait,check
/[email protected]_s     /protect_s      ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard	wait,check
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0	auto	auto	defaults	voldmanaged=sdcard0:8,nonremovable,noemulatedsd
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1	auto	auto	defaults        voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto
/devices/platform/mt_usb		auto 	auto	defaults	voldmanaged=usbotg:auto
Tell me what should be changed?

This parameter is not present in fstab VIBE 2. And in fstab.mt6592 is. Need it or not?
Code:
[email protected]  /system ext4    ro,commit=1,noauto_da_alloc wait.
I could tell u to add only lines that u have in stock but lack in lollipop ramdisk, not to delete something, I think fstab will solve eventually problem with mounts and init.modem (maybe u need the meta file as well) should be the core for problems in radio (phone features), try comparing this file with winmerge or meld. Some guides say that but I wasn't able to boot my phone yet.

Last edited:

lunik1980

Jun 28, 2015
I could tell u to add only lines that u have in stock but lack in lollipop ramdisk, not to delete something, I think fstab will solve eventually problem with mounts and init.modem (maybe u need the meta file as well) should be the core for problems in radio (phone features), try comparing this file with winmerge or meld. Some guides say that but I wasn't able to boot my phone yet.
This can be due to memory allocation?init.modem I replaced on that was in stock
Says no SIM card ,no signal
My phone Lenovo A808T TD-SCDMA how can I change the firmware on WCDMA ?

Last edited:

M7ammad.eb

Jul 30, 2012
Cairo
Well i don't know in that case... It may be that the updater-script doesn't work, did u tried with the one given here? What mods did u make to the ramdisk? I have almost the same problem with both unmodified ramdisk and comparing .rc files with meld (linux). I cannot get beyond the boot logo. I fear that the only way would be to try each possibility :(
I'm not sure but maybe we can find something in /dev/log, if the access to recovery (to reach a filemanager) does not delete them.

Well it seems we have the same problem.. I've done a lot a lot of modifications with no luck.. If you be able to boot up pleeeeeeease mention me and tell me what you did.. And I'll do the same.. But I paused the work because I'm busy.. And will continue in 10-12 days

lunik1980

Jun 28, 2015
wcdma to td-scdma

Guys who know how to port the firmware with different modems??
hardware is identical except for the modem!!
Want portanote from wcdma to td-scdma
Firmware runs but does not catch the network of all libraries and the folder where the modem is replaced completely no sense.. who knows???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello MT6592 users,

I created CyanogenMod 12 for the Kingzone K1 Turbo. I got in the development thread many port requests and help requests from MT6592 user. When you have problems in porting my CyanogenMod to your device then ask here.
    I won't answer here everytime but maybe other users can help you also.

CyanogenMod Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-kingzone-k1-turbo-t3119908

Regards
    Fire
    /system/bin/ipod
    /system/lib/libipod.so

/system/bin/boot_logo_updater
    /system/bin/bootanimation
    /system/lib/libshowlogo.so

You don't need to replace bootanimation. That file isn't from mtk. It's from cm/aosp.

Changes for offline charging are:
    system:
    /system/bin/ipod
    /system/lib/libipod.so
    /system/bin/boot_logo_updater
    /system/lib/libshowlogo.so

and in boot.img:
    init2
    init.charging.rc

For factory/meta mode (includes changes for offline charging like init2):
    system:
    /system/bin/factory

boot.img:
    all init.rc files with factory or meta in the file name.
    Instructions for porting CyanogenMod 12.1 to your MediaTek 6592 by Kingzone K1 Turbo!

1) Extract system.new.dat
    2) Change in the firmware folder system / bin: and system / lib: on your rom! (Stock should be Kitkat)
    3) the right to ramdisk.
    Here I was in the file fstab.mt6592 your fstab! from your ramdisk, further change INITS.
    Again, changing the kernel and kernel_headers on your phone! Again, it is desirable to Kitkat that would be!
    Then we collect the firmware, install and enjoy it all works. if you still do not see the network!

Parse file fstab.mt6592 change your fstab> to change the text from a file from your fstab file ramdisk replace fstab.mt6592 of ramdisk from CM12.1
    If you do not start! then change the file mtk-ril.so and everything associated with ril from your devaysa of bin: / lib: leave the rest up to par! You can even replace init.modem.rc to your meta_init.modem.rc and add a file or how you got there again, replace the text in init.mt6592

What you need to specifically change a file fstab.mt6592 "opens your fstab of your ramdisk, further description of the initialization sections of the text is copied to the replacement file fstab.mt6592" I think it will be clear!

If the firmware is still run! but there is no network, and also writes in setting Baseband Unknown, then change its these files.
    - / System / bin: Rild
    - / System / lib: mtk-ril.so, libril.so, librilmtk.so, librilmtkmd2.so, librilutils.so, mtk-rilmd2.so
    it should suffice that have risen baseband!
    Permissive SELinux hack on init - EXPLAINED

Hello.

I've been asked, quite a few times, through PM how to set SELinux as permissive. Decided to post this so that people would understand it once and for all.

For starters, the correct way to set SELinux as permissive is to compile your own kernel.

BUT for those, like myself, who weren't able to compile it, there is a hack instead that does the job.

How to do the "hack"?

Get your stock kernel cmdline in order to modify the sed command that exists on init (this file is on the boot.img ramdisk) -> Run cat /proc/cmdline on terminal, or adb shell, as root.

This line, on init, does the magic:

Code:
    /sbin/busybox sed -e 's/fps\=5934/fps\=5934 androidboot\.selinux\=permissive/' /proc/cmdline > /tmp/cmdline

What does it do?

It searches for "fps=5934", on your kernel cmdline, replaces that for "fps=5934 androidboot.selinux=permissive" and save the changes on a new cmdline that will be stored on /tmp.

Afterwards, on init, there's another command that does the rest of the magic:

Code:
    /sbin/busybox mount --bind -o ro /tmp/cmdline /proc/cmdline

So, in other words, it's adding androidboot.selinux=permissive to cmdline.

Done.

Troubleshoot:

If your cmdline doesn't have "fps=5934", this won't work because the sed command won't find anything. So, what do you have to do?

You have to search, on your cmdline, for the fps value (only if your sure that the value is always the same for different boot reasons) or any other string that never changes.

As soon as you find a string that never changes, you now are able to set your correct sed command on init.

Here's an example for a string replacement that does not try to find "fps=whatever value your kernel has" but will try to find "printk.disable_uart=1" instead:

Code:
    /sbin/busybox sed -e 's/printk\.disable_uart\=1/printk\.disable_uart\=1 androidboot\.selinux\=permissive/' /proc/cmdline > /tmp/cmdline

Cya!
    For those who get "blkdiscard failed invalid argument" error when flashing the rom.
    Your system partition is too small for lollipop. Kingzone K1 Turbo has 1.4GB for system partition so the rom flashes without issues. My device (Doogee DG550) had 800mb system partition so I changed it to 1.4GB. Now I don't get blkdiscard failed invalid argument error.

You can check your system partition size using MTK Droid Tools. To change the partition size you need to edit EBR1 and EBR2 files along with the scatter file.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone