MEGA-THREAD ALE-L21, ALE-L23, ALE-L02, Converting, Root, Unbrick, Updating, Xposed

Search This thread

Lordbannakaffalatta

Feb 6, 2016
Zonhoven
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO RESTORE/UPGRADE THE HUAWEI P8 LITE
So i'm making this thread because i noticed many of you had some trouble with your devices. Here you're gonna learn what you can do with your device. Every chapter is something that you can do without the need of the previous chapters (unless told otherwise). I'm also gonna explain what happens to your device (in a simple way so you don't get confused).

WARNING: THIS THREAD IS TOWARDS ALE-L21, ALE-L23, ALE-L02 USERS. IF YOUR MODELNUMBER IS ALE-L04 YOU CAN'T USE ANY OF THE FILES IN HERE.
ALSO I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SCREWING UP YOUR PHONE,
Kevin is.
Note: It will work on the Ale-L02 and the Ale-L23 but you have to settle with some functions that don't work.

Comparison for the modelnumbers ALE-L21, ALE-L23 and ALE-L02

The Chapters:

1. Tools and prepping.
2. Unlock Bootloader.
3. Bootloop/Softbrick.
4. Unbricking.
5. Dual and single sim converting.
6. Upgrading to Marshmallow.
7. Installing TWRP.
8. Getting root.
9. Install Xposed framework.
10. Multiuser account.
11. After word.

Now take your kids and lock them in your basement and put your wife in the kitchen because you're going to learn some stuff and you will get hungry.
Note: If you're a woman take your neighbours wife to make you sandwiches.

Chapter 1: Tools and prepping.

What you need:
How:
  • Download and install Hisuite on your pc
  • Connect your device to your pc and let hisuite detect it.
  • Close Hisuite.
  • Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on you pc.
  • Go to "Settings -> About phone" .
  • Tap several times on "Buildnumber" until a toast shows where it says "you're now a developer".
  • Go to settings -> developer options.
  • And there you will see usb-debugging.
  • Turn it on.
Congratz on doing this.

Chapter 2: Unlock Bootloader.

WARNING THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
But it doesn't matter. if your phone boots and all the hardware works, everything is fine. The software is something we can fix.

What you need:
  • This site.
  • Unlock code(you will get it on the site).
  • Minimal ADB and Fastboot (see chapter 1).
How:
  • Just go to the site.
  • Make a profile.
  • Wait 14 days.
  • Fill in their form .
  • Get a 16 digits code.
  • Save that code.
  • Connect your device to your pc.
  • Open a cmd.
Type this:
Code:
adb devices
It should return a permission request on your phone just accept it.
After that you should see something like this on your computer
Code:
List of devices attached
WXXXXXXXXXXXXX        device
That's perfect and you're a good boy or girl or Apache Attack Helicopter.
If it doesn't you're doing it wrong. "STOP KEVIN!!! THAT'S WRONG KEVIN!!! DAMMIT KEVIN!!!"
After that type this
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Your device will restart into a white screen with the Android puppet (wich name is Andy btw) on it. Beneath Andy it will say "PHONE locked" in green. But not for long .
Wait until Windows installs the drivers.
Remember the 16 digits you got from Huawei?
Yeah whe're gonna need them here.
Next you enter this
Code:
[COLOR="Magenta"]PINK FLUFFY UNICORNS DANCING ON[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]R[/COLOR][COLOR="Orange"]A[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]I[/COLOR][COLOR="Green"]N[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR][COLOR="Indigo"]O[/COLOR][COLOR="Violet"]W[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]S[/COLOR]
No wait, that's wrong. I'm sorry.
This
Code:
fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Where you replace the xxxxxxxxxxx with the 16 digits you got from Huawei.
Now your bootloader screen should say "PHONE unlocked" in red.To be sure you can run this command.
Code:
fastboot oem get-bootinfo
If it returns something like this.
Code:
(bootloader)  unlocked
OKAY [ -0.000s]
finished. total time: -0.000s
Your good. And your bootloader is unlocked.
Now just reboot with this command.
Code:
fastboot reboot
Congratz, you bootloader is unlocked and your warranty just went down the drain where it shall remain for the rest of its days.

Chapter 3: Bootloop/Softbrick.

Imagine a world where everything went perfect... that would suck, would'nt it? Sometimes our device wont start. This is what we call a "Bricked" Phone. We have 2 kind of bricks. If you encounter them you will sh!t bricks.
No serious... you will!!!

If your phone is bricked we check if we can still charge it and/or try to get something on the screen. If you can't then you have what we called a hard brick and there's nothing we can do about it. "GET OVER IT KEVIN!!!"
The chances are you brokes something.

If we can then HOORA!!! The chance is great whe can restore it. This is what we call a soft brick or a bootloop (for all you smartypants out there. yeah, a bootloop is when you get stuck on your bootlogo/animation).

Chapter 4: Unbricking.

It's very simple we try to push a new image into your phone trough an unlocked bootloader with fastboot (some other devices use special methods, we don't). So make sure your bootloader is unlocked.

Here is an example
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
What happens here is this:
  • The fastboot calls the fastboot program.
  • The flash says fastboot i want you to do this.
  • The boot says on that location on the device that is connected.
  • The boot.img says with that file.
So for example:
"Hey fastboot you have to flash the recovery partition with the recovery.img".
Becomes:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
We get these "images" with the Huawei update extractor from official updates in the form of UPDATE.APP.

Most of the times we flash 4 images and in this order.
  • boot.img
  • recovery.img
  • cust.img
  • system.img
So open your cmd in the same folder as the .img files (or put the .img files in the fastboot folder). Connect your phone trough to your pc and press power while holding the volume down button (it will show the bootloader).
And then type this.
Code:
fastboot flash cust cust.img
fastboot flash system system.img
After that just reboot and wait. It can take a long time for the first boot. Now thankfully there are some people, who made scripts for us lazy bastards so we just have to click and be lazy.

What you need:
How:
  • Connect your device in fastboot and press the "flash all" file.
  • Let the script run.
The first time you're gonna boot you will have no imei's so your device wil register no sim. Just update your damn phone and everything will be fine.

Note: For the people with an Ale-L04. Just replace the .img files in the folder with the files from your stock recovery.

Chapter 5: Dual and single sim converting.

So you want to convert to a single/dual sim? Well good for you.

What you need:
  • Unlocked bootloader (see chapter 2).
  • Unbrick files for Dual sim or Single sim (see chapter 4).
  • Vendor files for Dual sim or Single sim.
Optional:
How:
  • If you want to go to dual sim just download the files for dual sim unbricking otherwise download the single sim unbricking software.
  • Extract them.
  • Run them.
And here comes the trouble.

After doing this you will notice a few things:
  1. You will notice that none of your sim's is detected.
  2. You will notice you can't upgrade.
  3. And You will notice that it didn't change anything (you don't see the the appereance/dissapreance of the dual sim settings).
At this point you probaly thinking i screwed up and you want to find me, come to my house and kill me slowly in some creepy basement where i shall remain in pain for the rest of my miserable short life. Well... That's to bad for you because i'm not gonna tell you that my name and address is P sherman, 42 Wallaby Way in Sydney.

Ok, so what the F happend to your phone?

1. Your sim detection.
This occurs when you downgrade from Android Marshmallow to Android Lollipop.
It's nothing to worry about. You just lost your Imei and that's the reason your phone won't detect your sim.
It will solve itself once you update.

2. You can't update.
This is a part of the Famous Balong bug.
what happend is, the phone got confused and just spit out some random build (there's a lot more to that but this sums it up). You can detect this bug by going into "settings -> about phone" and check the build number. If you see the word "Balong" in there, congrats, you are a proud owner of the Balong bug.

How to take care of the Balong bug?
  • Make sure that you walk it 3 times a day.
  • It also does sleep a lot so don't worry about that.
  • Please don't be like other people wo just dump it in the woods somewhere.
  • Be a responsible Balong bug owner.
No seriously. If you have the Balong bug just install the vendor file according your software.
  • Extract the file.
  • You will get a folder named "dload" that contains an "UPDATE.APP" file.
  • Put the folder with the file in it on your sd card or internal memory.
  • Go to "Settings -> Update".
  • Press the menu (at the bottom you will see 3 lines, that's the menu).
  • Choose "Local update".
  • Select "UPDATE.APP".
  • Press "Install".
After the install you should be able to upgrade to a higher build. If it doesn't (single sim i had some problems). You have to upgrade manually to the next build.
Same procedure, extract -> put in "dload" folder and manually update. Make sure you delete the vendor file first.

Now you're converted and can update your phone to the latest build from Lollipop trough Updater (OTA). You will also notice that your Imei has returnd and you wil notice the appereance/dissapreance of the dual sim settings.

Chapter 6: Upgrading to Marshmallow.

The upgrade to Android 6.0 doesn't go trough OTA.
You will have to do it manually.

But first... Let your wife make you a sandwich. You should be hungry by now.
It's done? You ate well? Ok then, let's do this.

What you need:
How:

First check that you're build is B170 or higher (dual sim) or B171 or higher (single sim).
If not upgrade first trough OTA or local update.
  • Extract the file.
  • Choose "Local update".
  • Select "UPDATE.APP".
  • Press "Install".
Some builds are simlocked and wont upgrade.
Just follow the Unbricking chapter and start from there.
After this you can get the next update trough OTA.

Note:Whenever you update trough OTA or local (flashing is'nt updating.) Make sure you don't have root, TWRP or another custom recovery installed. Everything should be stock.

Chapter 7: Installing TWRP.

Congratz you've made it this far. At this point whe're gonna install TWRP.

Now? you ask, What does TWRP do and what does it stand for?
TWRP stand short for Team Win Recovery Project. It's an open-source software custom recovery image for Android devices. It provides a touchscreen interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images.

Soooooooowwwww... can you just install TWRP on any device?
NO. TWRP has to be modified to your current chipset in order to work on your device. The provided image we gonna install is TWRP 3.0.2 wich is specially build for our device. Ale-L04, NOT FOR YOU GUYS!!!

What you need:
How:
  • Extract the folder from TWRP.
  • Connect your device.
Just open the Install file and read what's happening on your screen. After it's done you can boot into TWRP by holding the volume down and the volume up button at the same time while powering up your phone. The principle is the same as described in chapter bootloop/softbrick. We just flashed trough fastboot the twrp.img .

If you installed TWRP you can't update trough local or OTA anymore. You first have to flash back the original recovery. You can get them by running Huawei update extractor on your current build UPDATE.APP that you download from the Huawai site and flash them trough fastboot
Code:

Note:It doesn't matter wich build you're on.

Chapter 8: Getting root.

So it has come to this. The most famous feature on Android. The almighty ROOT.
Device manufacturers don't want us to get root because the most of us would screw up the device. So if we gain root acces our warranty is void. But we can restore our warranty with unrooting. Altough if your bootloader is unlocked it's unlikely.

Not that you have anything on your warranty... like, remember that time that you took your phone out of your pocket when it rained? Yeeeeaaaaah, if you send it back they will say it's waterdamage. For warranty on your software it's simple. With root acces, TWRP and the knowledge of XDA we can probarly fix the software issue before they even realize there's an issue.

"Throw your phone against a wall, exactly at 50 M/ph that will solve the problem. Be carefull, because 49 M/ph is not fast enough and 51 M/ph will break your phone." -XDA
Please don't try this, this is not a real solution!

So go for the root and f*ck the warranty.
Just be sure that your device boots up and all buttons work before doing anything to it.

DON'T (and i can't stress this enough!!!) ROOT YOUR PHONE WITH KINGROOT!!!
You will get root but it also screws up a lot.​

For Android 5.0/5.1 Lollipop based

What you need:
  • Usb debugging active (see chapter 1).
  • Root file.
How:
  • Connect you phone to your pc.
  • Extract the "root P8 file".
  • Open the "root P8 file".
  • Follow the instruction on your computer screen.
Your phone is now rooted.
Note: Unroot first with the SuperSu app before trying to upgrade to a newer build.

For Android 6.0 Marshmallow based
What you need:
  • TWRP installed (see chapter 7).
  • 1.Zip .
  • 2.Zip .
How:
  • Put 1.zip and 2.zip into your sd card/internal storage.
  • Boot into TWRP.
  • Ignore the message from TWRP.
  • Choose the "install" button.
  • Locate 1.zip (if on sd card go "up a level" and then "external sdcard" there you should find it).
  • Install it.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Boot into TWRP again.
  • Locate 2.zip .
  • Install it.
  • Reboot
Your phone is now rooted. But your SuperSu app is still a user app.
If you want to make it into a system app here's how to do it.

What you need:
How:
  • Go to /data/app folder.
  • Locate the eu.chainfire.supersu-1 folder and cut it.
  • Go to the /system/app folder.
  • Paste it.
  • Give it these permissions rwx r-x r-x.
  • Reboot your phone.
After you got root you can delete systemapps that you don't want/need or change a lot of things in your phone.

Chapter 9: Install Xposed framework.

Xposed installer is awesome. it's like a google play store for tweaks than can make your android device just right like you wanted it to.

Note:this version won't need an build.prop edit.

What you need:
Optional :
How:
  • Enable unkown sources "Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources".
  • Put the Xposed installer.apk on to your device.
  • Install the Xposed installer.apk onto your device.
  • Put the Xposed installer framework zip and the Xposed uninstaller zip into your sd card/internal memory.
  • Reboot into TWRP.
  • Install Xposed installer framework zip.
  • Reboot.
Wait for an hour before deciding that it's bricked. Seriously this will take long like 20 minutes up to 40.
If it's bricked just boot into TWRP again and install the Xposed uninstaller zip. It should work. Otherwise -> unbrick it (see chapter unbrick).

If you have succesfully installed it go to the Xposed installer app and click on "Framework". If it says "Xposed framework version 85.10 is active" in green everything is a gogo.

Chapter 10: Multiuser account.

As you know Huawei did a heavy job theming Android with it's Emui overlay. As so we don't have all the stock features that Android gave us. Here's how to get one back.

What you need:
How:
  • Open your build.prop editor.
  • Locate it to /system/build.prop.
  • Search for these lines.
Code:
fw.show_multiuserui=0
fw.max_users=1
  • Change their value into this
Code:
fw.show_multiuserui=1
fw.max_users=3
  • Save your build.prop (grant your editor root acces).
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Then go to "Settings".
  • There you will see "Users".

Chapter 11: Afterword.

If you're new on XDA remember that the people here do anything in their free time. Be it helping, developing or just testing. Be nice to them and don't spam those people. they may now alot but everything they know is already explained somewhere on XDA and explaining the same thing 1000 times a day is frustrating.
So do a search before asking anything AND READ THE WHOLE THREAD!!! We lost the only 2 developers we had in the P8 lite section this way.

Also if someone helped you press the ":good: Thanks!" button on the right bottom of his/her post. to show your appreciation. The files i enclosed are files that i gatherd over the time at the P8 lite thread or from the Huawei website. I don't remember who made them all but it wasn't me.

Give this guy a thanks @sokkoban for his awesome development on the p8-lite and his site. It learned me a lot about my device. i think most of the files are his. don't know for sure (check out his multitool here). And give this guy @shimp208 a thanks for his awesome work on the Minimal ADB and Fastboot installler and his awesome thread.

Note:for the more advanced people in here who know what they're doing. I know that there are easier ways to do some stuff but i want the people to learn. If you have suggestions, let me know.

Last edited:

Lordbannakaffalatta

Feb 6, 2016
Zonhoven
congrats for you amazing tutorial,, i have a question, imagine if my mind turns crazy and i want to lock the boootloader? how can i do?

simple
do the same steps as unlocking but just put in
Code:
fastboot oem relock YOUR CODE

it will say relock and not locked
@pl4t!n little update ;)

Last edited:

sokkoban

Nov 8, 2015
Plovdiv
Finally

I am very happy because it sets a new developer on the horizon who can explain absolutely correctly and peaceful. Keep the good work bro!
Now moderators should delete 90% of the subjects they are unnecessary, repetitive and full of crap! It is time for this forum to begin to moderate

Lordbannakaffalatta

Feb 6, 2016
Zonhoven
I am very happy because it sets a new developer on the horizon who can explain absolutely correctly and peaceful. Keep the good work bro!
Now moderators should delete 90% of the subjects they are unnecessary, repetitive and full of crap! It is time for this forum to begin to moderate

Thx i will do that.

yeah the moderators don't do a lot of work here. there are questions in the general. post's that are the the same... and crap like that. i will try to contact them.

Reactions: nouraliakin7

wouterbeer

Feb 6, 2013
Thumbs up!

Thanks a lot for this useful guide! Finally it's all there together in one place, with good explanations. Just used it to install TWRP and root my device, worked flawlessly!

Edit: now we just need to wait for a nice custom ROM with stock android experience, without the EMUI shell we're stuck with.. :)

Reactions: Bazilli

Holographik

May 6, 2016
and what i need to unlock for android 6.0? im a little stupid with huawei :D
or just put in dload folder the update.app or what is and flash with both buttons and power button?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO RESTORE/UPGRADE THE HUAWEI P8 LITE
    So i'm making this thread because i noticed many of you had some trouble with your devices. Here you're gonna learn what you can do with your device. Every chapter is something that you can do without the need of the previous chapters (unless told otherwise). I'm also gonna explain what happens to your device (in a simple way so you don't get confused).

WARNING: THIS THREAD IS TOWARDS ALE-L21, ALE-L23, ALE-L02 USERS. IF YOUR MODELNUMBER IS ALE-L04 YOU CAN'T USE ANY OF THE FILES IN HERE.
    ALSO I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SCREWING UP YOUR PHONE,
    Kevin is.
    Note: It will work on the Ale-L02 and the Ale-L23 but you have to settle with some functions that don't work.

Comparison for the modelnumbers ALE-L21, ALE-L23 and ALE-L02

The Chapters:

1. Tools and prepping.
    2. Unlock Bootloader.
    3. Bootloop/Softbrick.
    4. Unbricking.
    5. Dual and single sim converting.
    6. Upgrading to Marshmallow.
    7. Installing TWRP.
    8. Getting root.
    9. Install Xposed framework.
    10. Multiuser account.
    11. After word.

Now take your kids and lock them in your basement and put your wife in the kitchen because you're going to learn some stuff and you will get hungry.
    Note: If you're a woman take your neighbours wife to make you sandwiches.

Chapter 1: Tools and prepping.

What you need:
    How:
    • Download and install Hisuite on your pc
    • Connect your device to your pc and let hisuite detect it.
    • Close Hisuite.
    • Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on you pc.
    • Go to "Settings -> About phone" .
    • Tap several times on "Buildnumber" until a toast shows where it says "you're now a developer".
    • Go to settings -> developer options.
    • And there you will see usb-debugging.
    • Turn it on.
    Congratz on doing this.

Chapter 2: Unlock Bootloader.

WARNING THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
    But it doesn't matter. if your phone boots and all the hardware works, everything is fine. The software is something we can fix.

What you need:
    • This site.
    • Unlock code(you will get it on the site).
    • Minimal ADB and Fastboot (see chapter 1).
    How:
    • Just go to the site.
    • Make a profile.
    • Wait 14 days.
    • Fill in their form .
    • Get a 16 digits code.
    • Save that code.
    • Connect your device to your pc.
    • Open a cmd.
    Type this:
    Code:
    adb devices
    It should return a permission request on your phone just accept it.
    After that you should see something like this on your computer
    Code:
    List of devices attached
    WXXXXXXXXXXXXX        device
    That's perfect and you're a good boy or girl or Apache Attack Helicopter.
    If it doesn't you're doing it wrong. "STOP KEVIN!!! THAT'S WRONG KEVIN!!! DAMMIT KEVIN!!!"
    After that type this
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Your device will restart into a white screen with the Android puppet (wich name is Andy btw) on it. Beneath Andy it will say "PHONE locked" in green. But not for long .
    Wait until Windows installs the drivers.
    Remember the 16 digits you got from Huawei?
    Yeah whe're gonna need them here.
    Next you enter this
    Code:
    [COLOR="Magenta"]PINK FLUFFY UNICORNS DANCING ON[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]R[/COLOR][COLOR="Orange"]A[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]I[/COLOR][COLOR="Green"]N[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR][COLOR="Indigo"]O[/COLOR][COLOR="Violet"]W[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]S[/COLOR]
    No wait, that's wrong. I'm sorry.
    This
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Where you replace the xxxxxxxxxxx with the 16 digits you got from Huawei.
    Now your bootloader screen should say "PHONE unlocked" in red.To be sure you can run this command.
    Code:
    fastboot oem get-bootinfo
    If it returns something like this.
    Code:
    (bootloader)  unlocked
    OKAY [ -0.000s]
    finished. total time: -0.000s
    Your good. And your bootloader is unlocked.
    Now just reboot with this command.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Congratz, you bootloader is unlocked and your warranty just went down the drain where it shall remain for the rest of its days.

Chapter 3: Bootloop/Softbrick.

Imagine a world where everything went perfect... that would suck, would'nt it? Sometimes our device wont start. This is what we call a "Bricked" Phone. We have 2 kind of bricks. If you encounter them you will sh!t bricks.
    No serious... you will!!!

If your phone is bricked we check if we can still charge it and/or try to get something on the screen. If you can't then you have what we called a hard brick and there's nothing we can do about it. "GET OVER IT KEVIN!!!"
    The chances are you brokes something.

If we can then HOORA!!! The chance is great whe can restore it. This is what we call a soft brick or a bootloop (for all you smartypants out there. yeah, a bootloop is when you get stuck on your bootlogo/animation).

Chapter 4: Unbricking.

It's very simple we try to push a new image into your phone trough an unlocked bootloader with fastboot (some other devices use special methods, we don't). So make sure your bootloader is unlocked.

Here is an example
    Code:
    What happens here is this:
    • The fastboot calls the fastboot program.
    • The flash says fastboot i want you to do this.
    • The boot says on that location on the device that is connected.
    • The boot.img says with that file.
    So for example:
    "Hey fastboot you have to flash the recovery partition with the recovery.img".
    Becomes:
    Code:
    We get these "images" with the Huawei update extractor from official updates in the form of UPDATE.APP.

Most of the times we flash 4 images and in this order.
    • boot.img
    • recovery.img
    • cust.img
    • system.img
    So open your cmd in the same folder as the .img files (or put the .img files in the fastboot folder). Connect your phone trough to your pc and press power while holding the volume down button (it will show the bootloader).
    And then type this.
    Code:
    fastboot flash cust cust.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    After that just reboot and wait. It can take a long time for the first boot. Now thankfully there are some people, who made scripts for us lazy bastards so we just have to click and be lazy.

What you need:
    How:
    • Connect your device in fastboot and press the "flash all" file.
    • Let the script run.
    The first time you're gonna boot you will have no imei's so your device wil register no sim. Just update your damn phone and everything will be fine.

Note: For the people with an Ale-L04. Just replace the .img files in the folder with the files from your stock recovery.

Chapter 5: Dual and single sim converting.

So you want to convert to a single/dual sim? Well good for you.

What you need:
    • Unbrick files for Dual sim or Single sim (see chapter 4).
    • Vendor files for Dual sim or Single sim.
    Optional:
    How:
    • If you want to go to dual sim just download the files for dual sim unbricking otherwise download the single sim unbricking software.
    • Extract them.
    • Run them.
    And here comes the trouble.

After doing this you will notice a few things:
    1. You will notice that none of your sim's is detected.
    2. You will notice you can't upgrade.
    3. And You will notice that it didn't change anything (you don't see the the appereance/dissapreance of the dual sim settings).
    At this point you probaly thinking i screwed up and you want to find me, come to my house and kill me slowly in some creepy basement where i shall remain in pain for the rest of my miserable short life. Well... That's to bad for you because i'm not gonna tell you that my name and address is P sherman, 42 Wallaby Way in Sydney.

Ok, so what the F happend to your phone?

1. Your sim detection.
    This occurs when you downgrade from Android Marshmallow to Android Lollipop.
    It's nothing to worry about. You just lost your Imei and that's the reason your phone won't detect your sim.
    It will solve itself once you update.

2. You can't update.
    This is a part of the Famous Balong bug.
    what happend is, the phone got confused and just spit out some random build (there's a lot more to that but this sums it up). You can detect this bug by going into "settings -> about phone" and check the build number. If you see the word "Balong" in there, congrats, you are a proud owner of the Balong bug.

How to take care of the Balong bug?
    • Make sure that you walk it 3 times a day.
    • It also does sleep a lot so don't worry about that.
    • Please don't be like other people wo just dump it in the woods somewhere.
    • Be a responsible Balong bug owner.
    No seriously. If you have the Balong bug just install the vendor file according your software.
    • Extract the file.
    • Choose "Local update".
    • Select "UPDATE.APP".
    • Press "Install".
    After the install you should be able to upgrade to a higher build. If it doesn't (single sim i had some problems). You have to upgrade manually to the next build.
    Same procedure, extract -> put in "dload" folder and manually update. Make sure you delete the vendor file first.

Now you're converted and can update your phone to the latest build from Lollipop trough Updater (OTA). You will also notice that your Imei has returnd and you wil notice the appereance/dissapreance of the dual sim settings.

Chapter 6: Upgrading to Marshmallow.

The upgrade to Android 6.0 doesn't go trough OTA.
    You will have to do it manually.

But first... Let your wife make you a sandwich. You should be hungry by now.
    It's done? You ate well? Ok then, let's do this.

What you need:
    How:

First check that you're build is B170 or higher (dual sim) or B171 or higher (single sim).
    If not upgrade first trough OTA or local update.
    • Extract the file.
    • Choose "Local update".
    • Select "UPDATE.APP".
    • Press "Install".
    Some builds are simlocked and wont upgrade.
    Just follow the Unbricking chapter and start from there.
    After this you can get the next update trough OTA.

Note:Whenever you update trough OTA or local (flashing is'nt updating.) Make sure you don't have root, TWRP or another custom recovery installed. Everything should be stock.

Chapter 7: Installing TWRP.

Congratz you've made it this far. At this point whe're gonna install TWRP.

Now? you ask, What does TWRP do and what does it stand for?
    TWRP stand short for Team Win Recovery Project. It's an open-source software custom recovery image for Android devices. It provides a touchscreen interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images.

Soooooooowwwww... can you just install TWRP on any device?
    NO. TWRP has to be modified to your current chipset in order to work on your device. The provided image we gonna install is TWRP 3.0.2 wich is specially build for our device. Ale-L04, NOT FOR YOU GUYS!!!

What you need:
    How:
    • Extract the folder from TWRP.
    • Connect your device.
    Just open the Install file and read what's happening on your screen. After it's done you can boot into TWRP by holding the volume down and the volume up button at the same time while powering up your phone. The principle is the same as described in chapter bootloop/softbrick. We just flashed trough fastboot the twrp.img .

If you installed TWRP you can't update trough local or OTA anymore. You first have to flash back the original recovery. You can get them by running Huawei update extractor on your current build UPDATE.APP that you download from the Huawai site and flash them trough fastboot
    Code:

Note:It doesn't matter wich build you're on.

Chapter 8: Getting root.

So it has come to this. The most famous feature on Android. The almighty ROOT.
    Device manufacturers don't want us to get root because the most of us would screw up the device. So if we gain root acces our warranty is void. But we can restore our warranty with unrooting. Altough if your bootloader is unlocked it's unlikely.

Not that you have anything on your warranty... like, remember that time that you took your phone out of your pocket when it rained? Yeeeeaaaaah, if you send it back they will say it's waterdamage. For warranty on your software it's simple. With root acces, TWRP and the knowledge of XDA we can probarly fix the software issue before they even realize there's an issue.

"Throw your phone against a wall, exactly at 50 M/ph that will solve the problem. Be carefull, because 49 M/ph is not fast enough and 51 M/ph will break your phone." -XDA
    Please don't try this, this is not a real solution!

So go for the root and f*ck the warranty.
    Just be sure that your device boots up and all buttons work before doing anything to it.

DON'T (and i can't stress this enough!!!) ROOT YOUR PHONE WITH KINGROOT!!!
    You will get root but it also screws up a lot.​

For Android 5.0/5.1 Lollipop based

What you need:
    • Usb debugging active (see chapter 1).
    • Root file.
    How:
    • Connect you phone to your pc.
    • Extract the "root P8 file".
    • Open the "root P8 file".
    • Follow the instruction on your computer screen.
    Your phone is now rooted.
    Note: Unroot first with the SuperSu app before trying to upgrade to a newer build.

For Android 6.0 Marshmallow based
    What you need:
    • TWRP installed (see chapter 7).
    • 1.Zip .
    • 2.Zip .
    How:
    • Put 1.zip and 2.zip into your sd card/internal storage.
    • Boot into TWRP.
    • Ignore the message from TWRP.
    • Choose the "install" button.
    • Locate 1.zip (if on sd card go "up a level" and then "external sdcard" there you should find it).
    • Install it.
    • Reboot your phone.
    • Boot into TWRP again.
    • Locate 2.zip .
    • Install it.
    • Reboot
    Your phone is now rooted. But your SuperSu app is still a user app.
    If you want to make it into a system app here's how to do it.

What you need:
    How:
    • Go to /data/app folder.
    • Locate the eu.chainfire.supersu-1 folder and cut it.
    • Go to the /system/app folder.
    • Paste it.
    • Give it these permissions rwx r-x r-x.
    • Reboot your phone.
    After you got root you can delete systemapps that you don't want/need or change a lot of things in your phone.

Chapter 9: Install Xposed framework.

Xposed installer is awesome. it's like a google play store for tweaks than can make your android device just right like you wanted it to.

Note:this version won't need an build.prop edit.

What you need:
    Optional :
    How:
    • Enable unkown sources "Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources".
    • Put the Xposed installer.apk on to your device.
    • Install the Xposed installer.apk onto your device.
    • Put the Xposed installer framework zip and the Xposed uninstaller zip into your sd card/internal memory.
    • Reboot into TWRP.
    • Install Xposed installer framework zip.
    • Reboot.
    Wait for an hour before deciding that it's bricked. Seriously this will take long like 20 minutes up to 40.
    If it's bricked just boot into TWRP again and install the Xposed uninstaller zip. It should work. Otherwise -> unbrick it (see chapter unbrick).

If you have succesfully installed it go to the Xposed installer app and click on "Framework". If it says "Xposed framework version 85.10 is active" in green everything is a gogo.

Chapter 10: Multiuser account.

As you know Huawei did a heavy job theming Android with it's Emui overlay. As so we don't have all the stock features that Android gave us. Here's how to get one back.

What you need:
    How:
    • Open your build.prop editor.
    • Locate it to /system/build.prop.
    • Search for these lines.
    Code:
    fw.show_multiuserui=0
    fw.max_users=1
    • Change their value into this
    Code:
    fw.show_multiuserui=1
    fw.max_users=3
    • Save your build.prop (grant your editor root acces).
    • Reboot your phone.
    • Then go to "Settings".
    • There you will see "Users".

Chapter 11: Afterword.

If you're new on XDA remember that the people here do anything in their free time. Be it helping, developing or just testing. Be nice to them and don't spam those people. they may now alot but everything they know is already explained somewhere on XDA and explaining the same thing 1000 times a day is frustrating.
    So do a search before asking anything AND READ THE WHOLE THREAD!!! We lost the only 2 developers we had in the P8 lite section this way.

Also if someone helped you press the ":good: Thanks!" button on the right bottom of his/her post. to show your appreciation. The files i enclosed are files that i gatherd over the time at the P8 lite thread or from the Huawei website. I don't remember who made them all but it wasn't me.

Give this guy a thanks @sokkoban for his awesome development on the p8-lite and his site. It learned me a lot about my device. i think most of the files are his. don't know for sure (check out his multitool here). And give this guy @shimp208 a thanks for his awesome work on the Minimal ADB and Fastboot installler and his awesome thread.

Note:for the more advanced people in here who know what they're doing. I know that there are easier ways to do some stuff but i want the people to learn. If you have suggestions, let me know.
    I'm in progress of taking control over the world. So i'm not active on this thread anymore. Further questions will be answered by people like @amageek. Give them a thanx for their trouble and send amageek goats, virgins and peanutbutter (he likes that).

Also... Geeky, you will be minister of education in my new world order.
    Links are dead plz update ASAP im bricked

Here are the updated links:

Drivers for our Mobile - http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/HiSuite_en/index.html

Minimal ADB & Fastboot - https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790

Unlocking the bootloader - https://hwid5.vmall.com/CAS/portal/...ndex&loginChannel=22000000&reqClientType=2023

Huawei Update Extractor - https://mega.nz/#!BQ0EkBxR!hXVIDDqFrrqaoMoD72jhgG75cEm6W3sveqS4T9TvXbo

Unbrick File Dual Sim (B052) - https://mega.nz/#!lEcGQZCC!X2fmOZ-ShY-Kx-9lwnSUN16Vo52_aU0i4K1KmdBW64Q

Unbrick File Single Sim (B049) - http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=47823&version=109858&siteCode=hu

Vendor Files Dual Sim - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Z5zkx7AGWGa3RmN21NZVRqYTA/view

Vendor Files Single Sim - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=13601173372969234098

Updates (B170 Dual Sim) - http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=56984&version=180573&siteCode=es

Updates (B133 Single Sim) - http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=52906&version=140909&siteCode=hu

Updates (B550 Dual Sim) - http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=78426&version=312720&siteCode=es

Updates (B551 Single Sim) - http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=78607&version=314305&siteCode=bg

TWRP 3.1.0.0 - https://mega.nz/#!ZIkjHYSL!iFhj3PVYg1g-TZfdQ-RoUHVYvRLIhN6AtyfbaSdOxHw

TWRP 3.0.0.2 - https://mega.nz/#!Rcs2TbKQ!Zo7BjVjdTPSc2H9Y5KACtCtx1b7S9TAWjO0GHINPAKk

Magisk - https://mega.nz/#F!cM1SVAzA!fLzURoNVS5zeHc3YvKyu3g

NOTE: After you get to Marshmallow, you ccan find OTAS till C432B610 by further looking into this Forum
    Finally

Thanks for this tutorial, hopefully this will help many.

I hope so to. i got tired of typing out the same solution 30 times a day :D now i just have to share a link