• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Meizu M2 Note: Reviews, Info, Discussion, Root

Search This thread

zijin_cheng

Aug 2, 2012
Toronto
www.mobiletechasia.com
Meizu will launch an updated version of the Meizu M2 Note, with a metal body, a rumoured MTK6795 processor.
Check out the latest news in this thread.
http://www.mobiletechasia.com/?p=1808
I also found a good text review of the M2 here:
http://www.gizbeat.com/9344/2gb-budget-meizu-m2-review-meizu-m2-mini-review/

Meizu has launched their M2 Note at an affordable $169 pre launch price. Specs wise, it's similar to the M1 Note with minor improvements. It will have a metal frame with a plastic body. The regular price is $163. Mod edit: Selling site link removed by @Darth

Post here for all your questions, reviews, unboxing, news and discussions on this highly anticipated phone from Meizu.

Specs
5.5" 1920x1080 IPS screen
MTK6753 Octacore Processor
2GB RAM, 16GB Storage
13MP Rear camera, 5MP Front camera
Android 5.0 Lollipop
GSM 850/900/1900/2100
WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100
FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600
3100mAh battery

FAQs:
Will this phone work in my country? <Mod edit by @Darth : Link to commercial selling site removed.>

ROMs:

Official ROM: http://www.flyme.cn/firmwarelist?modelId=44&type=1

Instructions (Thank Zevral!)
Just in case someone messes up their Rom (like me), here is how you flash the original:

1. Download the newest version from here
  2. You now have the update.zip, now connect your Meizu with your PC
  3. Copy the update.zip to the main folder (internal) of your Meizu
  4. Optional: you might want to do a factory reset, otherwise your gonna flash over your old install. To do a factory reset, go to settings -> about phone -> memory/storage
  5. Reboot and press Vol+ & Power at the same time.
  6. Choose System upgrade and press Start
  7. Wait for it to install, you're done!

In case you're wondering how i messed it up:
i rooted and uninstalled some apps that i thought were not necessary. I somehow managed to mess up the Dialer and a few other things :) So be careful, you might break something by uninstalling random system apps.
A normal factory reset will not save you, i tried! The uninstalled apps are gone, you have to re-flash the rom.

Rooting Info:
Several rooting apps for you to try rooting:
ww.mgyun.com/m/en
http://www.kingoapp.com/ (Currently works, but be careful, click here for more info)
http://www.oneclickroot.com/

Accessories
Tempered glass screen protector for $3USD:
Mod edit: Selling site link removed by @Darth

Last edited by a moderator:

bolinao

May 26, 2011
I now have this phone,I really like it.
But the firmware is very buggy,I hope a fw update is soon.
Notifications seem to stop once an app is not used for a while,for example if you open up Outlook to check your emails it will notify you once you get a new email,the LED notification light will flash,but if you leave it for about 12 hours then it will not notify you of any new emails,even the notification bar will not show your email.
Same with Facebook and Skype.
The phone is very light and I really like Flyme .
Also another thing I found is that scrolling up and down on a webpage is sluggush and slow,just like an Apple phone.
I have owned 3 other Meizu model phones and they all had lightening fast scrolling.

kaiviti

Dec 7, 2013
3rd Party Launcher

Have you tried installing other launchers on the phone (Nova Launcher, Google Now Launcher etc)??? PLease also try and put widgets using the custom launcher and see if it works.. I've found out that the Lenovo K3 Note does not accept widgets using custom launchers.. some users have also reported those launcher crashing

I now have this phone,I really like it.
But the firmware is very buggy,I hope a fw update is soon.
Notifications seem to stop once an app is not used for a while,for example if you open up Outlook to check your emails it will notify you once you get a new email,the LED notification light will flash,but if you leave it for about 12 hours then it will not notify you of any new emails,even the notification bar will not show your email.
Same with Facebook and Skype.
The phone is very light and I really like Flyme .
Also another thing I found is that scrolling up and down on a webpage is sluggush and slow,just like an Apple phone.
I have owned 3 other Meizu model phones and they all had lightening fast scrolling.

pieri70

Aug 4, 2009
Trieste
Hello
one of my friend bought a chinese version (Flyme 4.5A) by mistake.
Google services here in Italy crash and are unusable...
Do you know if there is the possibility to flash an international firmware version?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

cocacolazero

Jul 13, 2013
Hello
one of my friend bought a chinese version (Flyme 4.5A) by mistake.
Google services here in Italy crash and are unusable...
Do you know if there is the possibility to flash an international firmware version?
Thanks in advance

Hello friend.

Did You try to install google installer apk through Meizu App Center?
Install this app and You will have google services and play store. After that You can install google apps through google play.
I have same version (Flyme 4.A) and i did it that way.
I hope You can fix it.

Reactions: supercowz

cocacolazero

Jul 13, 2013
Hello
Thanks in advance

International version (I) only for international Meizus.
Universal version (A) You can install on both, International and chinesse Meizus. It is the version that is updated more frequently.
Chinesse version (U, C). From chinesse operators.

Have a good day.

Reactions: joanr

pieri70

Aug 4, 2009
Trieste
And how can I know if the device is international or chinese one?
Only thing I know at moment is the firmware version (4.5A) and the origin (China web shop)
On the 4.5A there is a huge amount of chinese stuff, like google voice and many labels and guide text.
These features were not translated selecting Italian language.. Any solution?
Also, is there a repository to look for the international firmware version and is there some tool to flash it?

cocacolazero

Jul 13, 2013
Super!
I'll tell her about it
And any solution for chinese voices and writings?
Thanks again
p

Im from Spain.
I have spanish keyboard, i dont have to change anything more than choose language on options.
About voices, i need to download "google sintesi vocale" first from Google play, after that i install an app from a Htcmania forum menber @Indignao and follow instrucctions.
This is the link "http://www.htcmania.com/showpost.php?p=15931169&postcount=1"

Have a nice day.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

And how can I know if the device is international or chinese one?
Only thing I know at moment is the firmware version (4.5A) and the origin (China web shop)
On the 4.5A there is a huge amount of chinese stuff, like google voice and many labels and guide text.
These features were not translated selecting Italian language.. Any solution?
Also, is there a repository to look for the international firmware version and is there some tool to flash it?

I think your version its like mine, you cant install International. I bought mine on china web shop too. Dont try to intall (I) firmware, follow with (A), its ok.
You can uninstall easilly all apps that remains on chinesse. There some features not translated to Spanish too.
Take a look on Spanish forums: Movilesdualsim and Htcmania. Theres lot of information about, some guides too.

fingret

Aug 21, 2010
I got my Meizu m2 note the other day. Living in Sweden. I'm happy about the phone overall, but one thing that bothers me is that you need to use the "security" app once in a while. Why? If I turn off the security app functions, the phone gets really slow after a while, app drawer lags, etc. Why do we need to use a security app when stock android remains fast even without it?

I really don't want this security app to kill applications etc, apps are not meant to be killed. This is a stupid feature of the phone and it seems I have to live with it, otherwise the phone gets sloooooow.

CROrION

Nov 10, 2010
I have problem with this phone and instagram/facebook. So when i wan't to uplad an video to fb or instagram it says it is not supported format. Sent that same video to my tab z and i can upload it. Tried few videos, all the same. Did latest update, hard reset, again.

supercowz

Apr 2, 2010
paris
I have problem with this phone and instagram/facebook. So when i wan't to uplad an video to fb or instagram it says it is not supported format. Sent that same video to my tab z and i can upload it. Tried few videos, all the same. Did latest update, hard reset, again.
Welcom to the fantastic world of bugged flyme os system.... [emoji2]
I dont complain i did order one, and i new about bugs, since i own in the past a mx4....

Envoyé de mon X98 Air 3G(C8J7) en utilisant Tapatalk

MikusP

Just received my Meizu M2 Note last week. One of the best phones I've used. Moving from a Moto x 2013, and definitely liking the upgrade so far. The system seems snappy and there was an OS update waiting for download out of the box. Using with a single Nano SIM and a 32GB Micro SD. The camera is absolutely fantastic, too. Totally smokes the Moto X's (and the Moto's OV sensor is brilliant).

FYI, if you install Google Play using the 'Google Play Installer' from the Meizu App Center you need to over write the Google Play Services with a 64bit version. You have to do this manually with a '448' version. You then need to disable auto updates from within the Meizu App Center otherwise it will overwrite this 64bit version with the previous incorrect version.

So, yeah, really happy so far :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have my Meizu m2 Note for 4 days and I must say I am loving it. There are a few cons I noticed though:
    1. Front facing camera is positioned in such a way, that if you look in the screen while taking photos, it seems that you are looking somewhere else.
    2. Speaker is pretty bad.
    3. Chinese apps are annoying. Especially 'READER' because it has some RSS subscribtions or something, and I cant figure out how to unsubscribe - they always give notifications. Last time I uninstalled it and my calling app stopped working.
    4. HDR sometimes works weird, but maybe it's just me who has to learn using it.
    5. Browsing the net, for example Facebook, doesnt let to zoom into the photos. You have to click 'view full', otherwise it is very small.

what protection do you use for the phone? Now I am using plastic case, but I think it's nonsense since it destroys the beautiful look and feel of the phone.. I wonder if using only tempered glass protector would be enough.

Shouldn't we update the front page with information other people listed? For example enabling root, safe to remove apps, audio quality improvement... Other people posted good things in this topic, it would be great to organize it. Having an appealing xda topic and active community would increase the chance to attract more buyers for the phone and developers.

To increase your speaker volume, dial *#*#3646633#*#* to enter engineer mode. Once inside engineer mode, swipe to Hardware Testing, choose Audio - Normal Mode, as well as Loudspeaker Mode. Then set Max Vol to 160.

Mine proven increased significantly, a thanks would be appreciated :)
    Meizu will launch an updated version of the Meizu M2 Note, with a metal body, a rumoured MTK6795 processor.
    Check out the latest news in this thread.
    http://www.mobiletechasia.com/?p=1808
    I also found a good text review of the M2 here:
    http://www.gizbeat.com/9344/2gb-budget-meizu-m2-review-meizu-m2-mini-review/

Meizu has launched their M2 Note at an affordable $169 pre launch price. Specs wise, it's similar to the M1 Note with minor improvements. It will have a metal frame with a plastic body. The regular price is $163. Mod edit: Selling site link removed by @Darth

Post here for all your questions, reviews, unboxing, news and discussions on this highly anticipated phone from Meizu.

Specs
    5.5" 1920x1080 IPS screen
    MTK6753 Octacore Processor
    2GB RAM, 16GB Storage
    13MP Rear camera, 5MP Front camera
    Android 5.0 Lollipop
    GSM 850/900/1900/2100
    WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100
    FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600
    3100mAh battery

FAQs:
    Will this phone work in my country? <Mod edit by @Darth : Link to commercial selling site removed.>

ROMs:

Official ROM: http://www.flyme.cn/firmwarelist?modelId=44&type=1

Instructions (Thank Zevral!)
    Just in case someone messes up their Rom (like me), here is how you flash the original:

1. Download the newest version from here
    2. You now have the update.zip, now connect your Meizu with your PC
    3. Copy the update.zip to the main folder (internal) of your Meizu
    4. Optional: you might want to do a factory reset, otherwise your gonna flash over your old install. To do a factory reset, go to settings -> about phone -> memory/storage
    5. Reboot and press Vol+ & Power at the same time.
    6. Choose System upgrade and press Start
    7. Wait for it to install, you're done!

In case you're wondering how i messed it up:
    i rooted and uninstalled some apps that i thought were not necessary. I somehow managed to mess up the Dialer and a few other things :) So be careful, you might break something by uninstalling random system apps.
    A normal factory reset will not save you, i tried! The uninstalled apps are gone, you have to re-flash the rom.

Rooting Info:
    Several rooting apps for you to try rooting:
    ww.mgyun.com/m/en
    http://www.kingoapp.com/ (Currently works, but be careful, click here for more info)
    http://www.oneclickroot.com/

Accessories
    Tempered glass screen protector for $3USD:
    Mod edit: Selling site link removed by @Darth
    Flyme OS 5.6.1.26 daily
    Version to flash it from FlashFire.
    DOWNLOAD
    CM-12.1 in Beta, the only thing not working is Bluetooth (doesn't detect nor pair with anything but Audio devices (headset / headphones only)
    Here we go : CM-12.1 for Meizu M2 Note (beta 1)

Reviews welcomed, please keep in mind it's only a first release ;)

/!\ TIME TO MAKE BACKUPS /!\
    Improve Audio

Hi, so one of the things that has been annoying me with the M2 is the volume output, which is very low IMO, so got hands on and improved the audio quality, if you are interested in this, you will need to root you device, guide below:

1 - Root your device: settings > accounts > my flyme > select account > scroll down to 'system privileges' and check it.
    2 - Install SuperSU from the Play Store
    3 - Install BusyBox from the Play Store
    4 - Run BusyBox and select "Install"
    5 - Restart your device
    6 - Download Viper4Android here
    7 - Extract the zip file and copy "ViPER4Android_FX_A4.x.apk" to your device
    8 - On you device install and run "ViPER4Android"
    9 - When driver installation prompted, choose Yes.
    10 - V4A auto detects your CPU and show available driver modes, select "Super Audio Quality"
    11 - After installation done, Reboot device.

Once you device finishes rebooting, open "ViPER4Android" and enable the following for the Headset tab:
    - V4A-FX
    - PlaybackAGC

After this play some music/video and press volume down and then up again, now the maximum will be LOUDER =) still not as much as I would like, but a lot better =)

Enjoy =)