• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Meizu MX

Search This thread

xiangchang

Jul 18, 2012
In that case, has anybody experienced Meizu's after sales support?

I own a Meizu M9 and a MX2-HK in Germany

I have good experience with the meizu support. My Meizu M9 has an broken glass after falling down from 1.5m on street. I contacted them via eMail, they send me their postal address and other infos.
I paid the delivery from germany to china and back (dhl) and custom fees (the german custom did not accept, that was a repaired device).
The new front glass repair had cost 30$ + 50€ postage. I have paid with paypal, and their is a repair tracking service with the S/N of the phone, the communication was fine and fast.

Meizu is support was good, german custom not. DHL tracking from German to China had not work correct, from China to Germany there was no Probleme. Overall i have paid 88 €.

firelizard914

Jul 13, 2012
I bought one dual core MX on Feb. it cost $550 including a 3G card then.
and have to say,its amazing! it wont pre-install some useless apps,having a lot of humanization designs.
But i have to day,except the phone,the other accessories of Meizu sucks! its cases,covers...and if u buy a phone,only charger included!!! i mean,even no case,no cover,no headphone! u have to buy those from them,and they are expensive......very disappointed about this part,and dont like their sevice too,so unprofessional

saclefr

Oct 2, 2012
Hello,

I read a lot XDA forum since I use Android phones (we have a HTC Desire and a Motorola Defy @home) but it's my first post so thank you for all your work !

The Desire will be replaced by the Meizu M031 (MX dual-core 2nd generation) : it is waiting for me at home.
I bought it on a china site for 381$ / ~300€ shipping included (I suppose I have no right to make an ad. The communication with the site was good and the packaging kept the phone safe)

Is it possible to get alternative rom on it ? A rom with french included would be fine :laugh:

Edit : I have ordered an HK version

Last edited:

beogaard

Aug 28, 2012
Hamburg
Hello,

I read a lot XDA forum since I use Android phones (we have a HTC Desire and a Motorola Defy @home) but it's my first post so thank you for all your work !

The Desire will be replaced by the Meizu M031 (MX dual-core 2nd generation) : it is waiting for me at home.
I bought it on a china site for 381$ / ~300€ shipping included (I suppose I have no right to make an ad. The communication with the site was good and the packaging kept the phone safe)

Is it possible to get alternative rom on it ? A rom with french included would be fine :laugh:

Edit : I have ordered an HK version

where do you ordered it?

ernmin

Jun 21, 2011
This is indeed a very nice phone. But the M030 (dual-core) sometimes gets very hot when the CPU is heavily used. Other than that, it's very worthy for its price.

BBEG

Oct 27, 2012
The 4-core version on the same site is $388 with 2 spots left. I'm another hour and another beer away from pulling the trigger unless someone can come up with a compelling reason not to.

Edited to add that I snagged one. Expect a $15 surcharge in PayPal. Their recommended shipping adds $26, the other option takes a bit longer but is much cheaper.

With that said, in January the MX II releases in China, apparently:

(meizumxon.com/news/meizu-mx2-design-and-specs-announced)

1a.jpg

The mysterious M040 device that appeared few weeks ago on a benchmark result page is actually the next model Meizu MX II. Designs and specs have been revealed.

Meizu MX 2 specs:

Display: 1280x800, 4.4" (16:10)
Processor: 1.6GHz Exynos 4412, 4 cores
RAM: 2GB
Internal Memory: 64GB
Battery: 1930mAh
Camera: 8MP f/2.0
Price: 2999 CNY
To be released in China January 1, 2013.

3a.jpg

source;
http://bbs.meizu.com/thread-4010935-1-1.html

If the group buy falls through, I'll probably get a cheap hold-me-over until the unlocked MX II becomes available. Everything about that phone looks awesome, spec-wise, although I will miss a physical home button. The benchmark they reference is the "Jelly Bean on Meizu MX" article that was going around, so it's a safe bet that the next Flyme is based on JB.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wow, you have taken a meizu mx!
    could you tell us something about the screen quality, expecially in comparison to your previous phone?
    i'm interested in: brightness, contrast, and the distance of the screen from the glass.
    i'm very interested in this beautiful phone, i would like to buy one but before i want to know more on the screen.

thanks

i had the galaxy nexus before, the galaxy nexus has a 1.280×720 resolution on amoled display and 315 ppi (this is a lie cause the pentile-matrix), i liked the display.

my new meizu has a 960 x 540 resolution on a AVS display and 292 real ppi. Im really suprised from this display, amoled has strong colors and looks really nice, but the meizu even has nice colors. The contrast looks nice to, on full strength the dispay seems to be brighter than the nexus and it is better to read in the direct sun. And i dont see any pixel, a really good display i think.

The Mx is really good pohne, i think Meizu should go international with it.

a good compare-picture:
    dsc0212.jpg

ps: excuse my bad english :D
    ^………… u looking to sell it.? I. Would love it.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

I would enjoy passing it onto someone who would get as much out of it as I have :) my only issue with selling it is that Australia Post have an embargo on Lithium batteries, making it prohibitively expensive to ship anything containing a Lithium cell out of the country.

They aren't particularly hard to source anymore though, thankfully. There's a member in the Marketplace called 'droid_does' who can get them to you for around the $400 mark. They're only $50 more directly from Hong Kong on eBay, which is where I got mine. That included six-day UPS shipping, too.

:)