• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Meizu pro 5 community

Search This thread

yongwk

Jul 31, 2007
Seems like meizu pro 5 community is small here.

I've just place an order on aliexpress and would like to know more on the real world usage before my phone is delivered.

Anyone kind souls out there with pro 5?

Sent from my R7plusf using XDA Free mobile app

xxyyxyyxxyyx

Nov 6, 2015
I have got mine for about a week now. No complaints so far though. My only gripe is that the screen looks very washed out. Or that could be because i am coming from a over saturated samsung screen. Let me know if you need more specific details.:good:

*Edisson*

Mar 31, 2010
Ukraine, Kyiv
I have a great desire to order meizu pro 5. But I see that there is no Ukrainian language in it and, as for me, Meizu community is very small in whole. So I do not know whether I could expect for good roms and Ukrainian language... :( That's why probably I will order Xiaomi instead of pro 5...

yongwk

Jul 31, 2007
I have got mine for about a week now. No complaints so far though. My only gripe is that the screen looks very washed out. Or that could be because i am coming from a over saturated samsung screen. Let me know if you need more specific details.:good:

How's the camera and battery life doing?

Sent from my R7plusf using XDA Free mobile app

xxyyxyyxxyyx

Nov 6, 2015
I have not done any rigorous battery test on the phone yet. But so far have not seen any battery drains. I am unable to post image links for the screenshot due to xda 10 posts rule. Iam at 86 % after 11h 37 min. 24 % of which is Phone Standby, 19% screen, 13% Android System, 7 % Android OS and the rest other apps. My day included mostly of standy, an hour or two of podcasts, a few email checks and messaging.As for the camera, i had some shots from the night time and they were really bad. Lots of noise. I will try to post some samples in the coming posts for the images and also test the phone on battery intensive games. I have one weird bug though. Once a day the phone gets locked and prompts for the flyme account password :confused:

Reactions: yongwk

snoopyrider80

Jul 7, 2015
mx5 pro

hi,
i have mine also a week , the battery life is just incredible, really.
my huge complain is this ****ty, terrible, scrap Flyme OS. I can not get used to it. i miss a lot of customization possibilities. no root option, no themes, locked bootloader. it is not laggy, no force close, everything works fine, but i can not get used to it.
the hardware for me is VERY VERY impressive! i would truly recommend this phone BUT 1st take a look at this OS if you like it or not.
hope i could help a bit.

Reactions: yongwk

yager01

Feb 4, 2008
I have Samu Note 4 but now I would like a new phone with 2 sim card slot. I like the One+2 and Meizu MR5 pro. Can you convenience me that the Mx5 pro is better chiose? And what about international support (update) and overheating and other negative property. Now I can buy One about 400€. It is chinese original new model. What do you think? Later, for example 6 month if I would like to sell it how keep it price.

xxyyxyyxxyyx

Nov 6, 2015
so it works only with flyme account? which Flyme version you have? i have 4.5.4.1A and this option is not there (but i didnt created an account yet)

Yes iam at 4.5.4 1A. The option appears after you create account. I wish i could post the screenshot. But i need 10 posts before i can link images here.

Sent from my PRO 5 using XDA Forums Pro.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

I have Samu Note 4 but now I would like a new phone with 2 sim card slot. I like the One+2 and Meizu MR5 pro. Can you convenience me that the Mx5 pro is better chiose? And what about international support (update) and overheating and other negative property. Now I can buy One about 400€. It is chinese original new model. What do you think? Later, for example 6 month if I would like to sell it how keep it price.

If you are a heavy user just search "Snapdragon 810 vs Mediatek Helio X10 Antutu showdown (part 2)" in youtube from gizchina channel. That should be reason enough to not go for 810 phone.

Sent from my PRO 5 using XDA Forums Pro.

Reactions: wallah

yager01

Feb 4, 2008
I checked the video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRDM0fFsOwQ but this phone is Meizu Mx5 and not MX5 Pro

Few minutes ago I tesed one MX5 Pro. But the owner cant give me warranty and factory date about hte phone. I have a serial number and IMEI number. Somebody can tell me how can I check these information based on the serial?

Last edited:

iicc

Apr 10, 2015
I checked the video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRDM0fFsOwQ but this phone is Meizu Mx5 and not MX5 Pro

Few minutes ago I tesed one MX5 Pro. But the owner cant give me warranty and factory date about hte phone. I have a serial number and IMEI number. Somebody can tell me how can I check these information based on the serial?
In settings>about phone you can check the imei

Enviado desde mi MX5 mediante Tapatalk

yongwk

Jul 31, 2007

best is to purchase your Pro 5 from a trusted source. my pro 5 have 1 year warranty.

yongwk

Jul 31, 2007
i'm getting my pro 5 in 3 days time! can't wait!

Seems like the Meizu Pro 5 community is really small here.
Such a great phone but was being overshadow by HTC,Sony,ZTC,Huawei and etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuakeString

snoopyrider80

Jul 7, 2015
does any of you have any idea approx when we could get rid of Flyme and have some "normal" android OS?
i even can not find out how to switch between apps without closing them. so frustrating... 1st OS ever i would need a handbook. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm pretty sure. the bootloader screen says it is bootloader unlocked, and fastboot on windows recognises the device as connected (when the device is put in bootloader mode). i have tried flashing a random custom recovery to the device (of course it resulted in a blank screen when booted into recovery, but it shows that the flash succeeded - i was also able to flash the stock recovery.img from the meizu update.zip, which then restored the recovery to its normal function)
    Perfect, i can try to port an recovery

Inviato dal mio MX4 utilizzando Tapatalk
    I have my pro 5 rooted and it is extremely easy to do. Just go to settings, create a flyme account then go to system privileges and choose root. Viola!! And you are rooted. :D
    Exactly the same here..... Please take a look here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66225903&postcount=118
    Look @THE pic.... for me the problem is missing Name of the phone...

Remove first line of updater_script :
    Code:
    (getprop("ro.product.device") == "PRO5" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "pro5" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "mx5pro" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "niux" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "NIUX" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "m86") || abort("This package is for \"PRO5\" or\"pro5\" or\"mx5pro\" or\"niux\" or\"NIUX\" or\"m86\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
    And that will remove the error.

But be careful, don't flash official update with twrp : result a locked bootloader and not working recovery.
    hi,
    please be so kind and let me know how to root this mx5pro.
    i can not live with these chines apps, hate them. do you know how to switch between apps? swipe up the screen? i have 1 game that always restarts , even if it is on the slide up menu. seems like it always close if i press the big button (if i just tap it, the game ask me if i really want to quit)
    thanks

Hey, to root you have to go into settings > account > my flyme (make an account if you dont already have one) > click on the top option (is random numbers) > system privileges

I swipe up from the bottom to multitask. You can setup smart touch either in the settings on press the button in the notification menu and it will put a little white ball on your screen that you can use to swipe left right to multitask
    Hello Meizu community :)
    I just bought my International version of the PRO 5 and im glad to see there are other people as well interested in developing this phone!
    I was hoping you could point out my problems that i have experiencing lately:
    1) my phone doesnt recognie my 64gb micro sd but when i use 32gb card it works flawlessly. How could i get my 64gb card working (i have 2 and none of them worked)
    2) in whatsapp, the phone doesn't recognize the contacts i have in my contacts list , resulting that where in the conversation should be names, there are just numbers reading.
    I personally prefer Stock-Android, and if there is coming custom Roms in the future please let me know so i can ditch this FLYME OS:laugh:
    As per your SD card, I had the same problem.
    The reason is that your card is formatted as exFAT, which is Microsoft property,and the drivers are not included in Flyme.
    You need to format it as fat32 in your PC (many programs can do it) and it will be recognized perfectly.

Sent from my PRO 5 using Tapatalk