Question Mekede (Navifly) M500s 7862 issues

Search This thread

dalet11

Mar 5, 2010
Maalot
devim.hosting
Hi all,

After 3+ years with PX5 unit - i upgraded to a Mekede M500S (Navifly 7862) unit but i have few issues with it in my car (Chevrolet sonic)

1. Brightness control - there are 2 options in the settings, by headlights or by time. headlights made the night mode always activated no matter what the car lights knob set too (it always on Auto mode), this was tested with Riase and XP canbus boxes - get same behiver not sure why.
the other option is time mode and i guess this supposed to got to night mode brightness at night but can't see how to control time-range of this settings, the screen stays on day time on the first couple hours of night here.

2. Bluetooth app - why the hell i can't make it go to background and continue to use navigation when i'm having a call?!?!?! this one get me crazy i can't see any sense in this. on the similier platform (ts10) my brother have it works exactly as my old PX5 unit. is it possible in any way to solve this weird limit??

with the first issue i can live with, the bluethooth issue might make me go back to the old PX5 unit and sent this unit to hell.

Thanks.

Reactions: spludgey

lukdim

Dec 8, 2021
I also want to buy Mekede M500S I don’t know what to choose Mekede M500S vs Mekede TS10 ?
What's better?

lukdim

Dec 8, 2021
Hi all,

After 3+ years with PX5 unit - i upgraded to a Mekede M500S (Navifly 7862) unit but i have few issues with it in my car (Chevrolet sonic)

1. Brightness control - there are 2 options in the settings, by headlights or by time. headlights made the night mode always activated no matter what the car lights knob set too (it always on Auto mode), this was tested with Riase and XP canbus boxes - get same behiver not sure why.
the other option is time mode and i guess this supposed to got to night mode brightness at night but can't see how to control time-range of this settings, the screen stays on day time on the first couple hours of night here.

2. Bluetooth app - why the hell i can't make it go to background and continue to use navigation when i'm having a call?!?!?! this one get me crazy i can't see any sense in this. on the similier platform (ts10) my brother have it works exactly as my old PX5 unit. is it possible in any way to solve this weird limit??

with the first issue i can live with, the bluethooth issue might make me go back to the old PX5 unit and sent this unit to hell.

Thanks.
I wanted to know why you bought instead of TS10 M500S, is it better than they differ?

dbmgreen

Oct 28, 2008
So I'm keen to replace my 18month old Joying, which for some reason is not working as advertised, and the conversation with Joying could best be described as frustrating.
My thoughts are:

1) A new joying
2) A new teyes
3) A new Mekede

I have read the whole 86 pages of the Teyes thread, and tried to do some Joying research with the supplier, but I'm leaning toward the Mekede, partly because of the online support here for the underlying H/W by @surfer63 ...et al.

Use case: 4G data and hotspot required of device, WAZE, FM Radio, Spotify, Internet Radio,, Some video streaming. Maybe 360 camera in the future?

Questions:

1) I have a Joying fitted to my 2018 Toyota Kluger (AUS) Highlander, see attached pic. Is there any chance the harness/canbus is the same for the Mekede? I ask, because I can seem to see how you order a vehicle specific model for my car.

2) I'm inclined to go for the M600S or even M700S, but cant seem to tell if these have IPS or QLED screens. I want the most ram avail to future proof.

3) Is the form factor of these the same as the joying I currently have? for the reasons in #1 I can seem to find a link to a vehicle specific device?

4) would I be looking at like for like screen size, in spite of the hardware buttons on the mekede?

5) happy for suggestions on where to buy.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20200711_164537_2.jpg

Last edited:

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Use case: 4G data and hotspot required of device, WAZE, FM Radio, Spotify, Internet Radio,, Some video streaming. Maybe 360 camera in the future?

Questions:

1) I have a Joying fitted to my 2018 Toyota Kluger (AUS) Highlander, see attached pic. Is there any chance the harness/canbus is the same for the Mekede? I ask, because I can seem to see how you order a vehicle specific model for my car.

2) I'm inclined to go for the M600S or even M700S, but cant seem to tell if these have IPS or QLED screens. I want the most ram avail to future proof.

3) Is the form factor of these the same as the joying I currently have? for the reasons in #1 I can seem to find a link to a vehicle specific device?

4) would I be looking at like for like screen size, in spite of the hardware buttons on the mekede?

Your use case: In general this will work on any of the mentioned units. With regard to FM-radio: On all FYT models the RDS-AF sucks. Since 2016, despite a complete library change, it still doesn't function. But as you have a Joying you already know.

1) No. The Joying harness comes with 20-pin unit plug. The Mekede/NaviFly with a 16-pin unit plug.

2) QLED or IPS? That still hasn't been solved. Is QLED indeed QLED or simply "pushed up brilliance" on an IPS. My previous Joying IPS was excellent. My current Mekede IPS is excellent, also with very bright light. With sun from behind shining directly onto the screen, every (!) screen is hardly visibile.

3) Form factor: The Joyings are still DIN-2 or DIN-1. Most other units nowadays are the integrated type. However, if you mean the "facia", the plastic surrounding around the screen: That is indeed different per reseller. Either you search for a reseller that delivers a facia fitting to your car, or your buy an universal unit.

4) Completely up to your taste. But I prefer the larger screens (unless you always drive on bumpy roads where big buttons might be nicer ;))

5) What do you mean? Joying at Joying. T'eyes at T'eyes. Mekede/NaviFly at the official store on AliExpress.

Last edited:

dbmgreen

Oct 28, 2008
Your use case: In general this will work on any of the mentioned units. With regard to FM-radio: On all FYT models the RDS-AF sucks. Since 2016, despite a complete library change, it still doesn't function. But as you have a Joying you already know.

1) No. The Joying harness comes with 20-pin unit plug. The Mekede/NaviFly with a 16-pin unit plug.

2) QLED or IPS? That still hasn't been solved. Is QLED indeed QLED or simply "pushed up brilliance" on an IPS. My previous Joying IPS was excellent. My current Mekede IPS is excellent, also with very bright light. With sun from behind shining directly onto the screen, every (!) screen is hardly visibile.

3) Form factor: The Joyings are still DIN-2 or DIN-1. Most other units nowadays are the integrated type. However, if you mean the "facia", the plastic surrounding around the screen: That is indeed different per reseller. Either you search for a reseller that delivers a facia fitting to your car, or your buy an universal unit.

4) Completely up to your taste. But I prefer the larger screens (unless you always drive on bumpy roads where big buttons might be nicer ;))

5) What do you mean? Joying at Joying. T'eyes at T'eyes. Mekede/NaviFly at the official store on AliExpress.

Thankyou for the detail as always much appreciated

Albertoestireno

Jan 14, 2023
Hola buenas , soy nuevo en el foro , no se si esta pregunta que voy hacer , estará en su sitio .resulta que acabo de comprar un nejede M500 S , y la verdad que es una pasada , pero tengo un problema , es que los mandos del volante no me funcionan , la marcha atras funciona , pero si arranco el coche se va la imagen , y también le he instalado el gps igo Israel , y funciona , pero la voz del gps no funciona . El aparato no me vino con libro de instrucciones , y la verdad es que no se como configurarlo . Gracias , espero contestación de alguien que me pueda ayudar .

Albertoestireno

Jan 14, 2023
Hello good guys, I'm new to the forum, I don't know if this question I'm going to ask will be on your site. It turns out that I just bought a nejede M500 S, and the truth is that it's amazing, but I have a problem, is that the The steering wheel controls do not work for me, the reverse gear works, but if I start the car the image goes away, and I have also installed the igo Israel gps, and it works, but the gps voice does not work. The device did not come with a book, and the truth is that I do not know how to configure it. Thank you, I await an answer from someone who can help me.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Hello good guys, I'm new to the forum, I don't know if this question I'm going to ask will be on your site. It turns out that I just bought a nejede M500 S, and the truth is that it's amazing, but I have a problem, is that the The steering wheel controls do not work for me, the reverse gear works, but if I start the car the image goes away, and I have also installed the igo Israel gps, and it works, but the gps voice does not work. The device did not come with a book, and the truth is that I do not know how to configure it. Thank you, I await an answer from someone who can help me.

Welcome.

Does the reseller offer any suggestions, what has been tried.

Also from the threads and FAQ, what has been considered that might be applicable.

You don't say how it's connected up, who installed it, whether canbus is used and what steps you've taken to resolve it. Noone wants a guessing game and crystal ball not working.

Best not be "waiting" someone can help - the idea here is to review forum posts and self help, along with making posts about what you've found/considered/tried. Waiting is the domain of the seller or professional/paid installer.

Regarding "igo Israel gps" discussing Warez is not permitted, just making you aware.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I'm new to the forum, I don't know if this question I'm going to ask will be on your site.

The device did not come with a book, and the truth is that I do not know how to configure it. Thank you, I await an answer from someone who can help me.
So that first line means you did not search yet? There is indeed a lot of info here. You could do some effort yourself instead of simply waiting till someone gives you everything.
This thread contains quite some info, also in the form of a Q&A. And there is also the Mekede M500s Review thread.
Also: Did you check Mekedes support (videos) website? Quite some info there to learn from: http://www.mekede.com/video/

And indeed like @marchnz mentions: we do need more info of your unit. Not only the issues you face.

austinfaucett

Feb 15, 2024
hey sir it has come to my attention i have made a coppy of your work sheet but i dont have the anser key so wen ever you get the time can you send me the anser key

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Questions:

hey sir it has come to my attention i have made a coppy of your work sheet but i dont have the anser key so wen ever you get the time can you send me the anser key
    Do what
    Hi all,

Thanks.