Melkco (Carrymobile), SGP, Zenus cases.

Search This thread

sgsthebest

Aug 20, 2010
Hi,

I'm looking for a leather case for my SGS. I would like to have something like the Zenus case, but I would prefer one protecting the upper corners too. I've seen SGP ones, but the right corner is not protected because this case is made for Asia, where SGS can have a TV antenna, and as far as I know there are not SGP cases with both corners protected (sgpstore.com). Finally, I've found Melkco ones (sold in carrymobile.com) especially Jacka ones and they are goodlooking. Any of you have tested some of them (Melkco, SGP)?

Sorry, but I am a new user and I can not post the links yet.

Thanks in advance and regards

VooDoo.maGiK

Sep 11, 2010
I am using the sgp gariz atm and would have to say that the top right corner is still fairly protected due to the way the case hugs the phone, with only a couple millimetres at any angle being exposed. Any damage done would either be very unlucky or phone breaking regardless of a case.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

sgsthebest

Aug 20, 2010
I am using the sgp gariz atm and would have to say that the top right corner is still fairly protected due to the way the case hugs the phone, with only a couple millimetres at any angle being exposed. Any damage done would either be very unlucky or phone breaking regardless of a case.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
Thanks VooDoo.maGiK, I would consider it then...

regards

Fornowagain

Jul 14, 2010
UK
I have the Zenus and the top corners are 'exposed', but the leather top cover sits further out than the corner and protects it.

mrwindmil

Sep 28, 2010
Melkco case

I have a Melkco case and have made a video on youtube, unfortunately i am unable to post links as i am a new user :(

If you search "Galaxy S GT-I9000 Melkco Jacka type case hands on" in youtube its the first vid.

Anyway I have to say its a pretty good case and is a bit cheaper then the zenus one.

sgsthebest

Aug 20, 2010
Thanks and three questions

Thanks mrwindmil,

I've seen your review and I like the case...

Only three questions:

1. Is there any chance of scratching due to the clasp to the phone? (I think not because it is soft leather, is'nt it?)
2. How about the smell? Because I previously bought a case from pdair and it smells like petroleum or paint, nothing like true leather, and it's not very nice...
3. How long did it take to receive the case since you paid?

Thanks again and regards

mrwindmil

Sep 28, 2010
1:Ive had no problems with scratching. The clip that holds the flap is soft leather on the inside. The whole outside of the case is soft leather, the inside being some sort of felt micro fibre.
2: In my opinion it smells like true leather and it also feels like true leather.
3: It took about a week to receive the item after I paid, which was too Australia.

ebue

Feb 6, 2010
Falun
I have one and I am totally satisfied. I work in an environment that I refuse to be without this case. With this case you do not need a screen protector as it is always protected, except when you are using it.

BTW, isn't there a thread that one can post a group shot of their phones and accessories?