Memory Leakage...Spb mobile shell causes this...

Nadavi

Mar 14, 2005
After installing MUN_RUS and LVSW roms....

The leakage is even worse them WM05 roms.

i start the day with 23 MB, and after 3 hours of work (push mail and some calls) it narrows down to 13-16 MB....

Anyone else experiencing this?

Nadav

Last edited:

ZakMcRofl

Feb 10, 2007
That depends on how you look at it. Does WM6 free the memory when it is needed?
For example Vista uses loads of RAM in comparison to XP but that is actually a good thing and intended behaviour. Free RAM = unused RAM = useless RAM.
The only important thing is that applications get enough RAM when they need it.

Nadavi

Mar 14, 2005
That depends on how you look at it. Does WM6 free the memory when it is needed?
For example Vista uses loads of RAM in comparison to XP but that is actually a good thing and intended behaviour. Free RAM = unused RAM = useless RAM.
The only important thing is that applications get enough RAM when they need it.
Thats the issue here,

That Pocket pc software doesnt use that much, and doesnt stay resident in memory!

if so, upon closing of the software it should clear out the used memory, i was convinced that in WM06 that think is executed better then WM05.

well it isnt :(

anyway, about free memory, the device is being up for 13 hours now,

and 11MB free! i can't even run Navigation software.

i've installed
SPB pocket plus
SPB diary
spb mobile shell
spb phone suite
Eyron hebrew support.
Ezdial.

None of thoose are not standart software programs.

What is wrong in WM06?

Nadavi

stepw

Feb 11, 2007
Windows will not be unloading modules aggressively unless it needs more memory. In other words, if you start a program and then close it, memory usage is likely to change in comparison with what it was before you've started the program. If you run enough programs to really exhaust available memory, it will unload some modules it's not using. One of the reasons it's done is to speed up your program if you restart it...

Nadavi

Mar 14, 2005
Windows will not be unloading modules aggressively unless it needs more memory. In other words, if you start a program and then close it, memory usage is likely to change in comparison with what it was before you've started the program. If you run enough programs to really exhaust available memory, it will unload some modules it's not using. One of the reasons it's done is to speed up your program if you restart it...
I'm using SPB pocket plus to Really close each program being used.
so no software is left open.

but still, with push mail and normal daily usage i got no memory left at the end of the day.

Nadavi

KamaL

Oct 2, 2006
500px.com
Well, they are for WM5, but most applications are also working properly on WM6.

I've tried iLauncher on WM5, but now i was thinking to try Pocket plus on WM6. The warning of LVSW is making me think twice :confused:

Any other recommendations for a good launcher?

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Well, they are for WM5, but most applications are also working properly on WM6.

I've tried iLauncher on WM5, but now i was thinking to try Pocket plus on WM6. The warning of LVSW is making me think twice :confused:

Any other recommendations for a good launcher?
I use iLauncher, for me it works well without being too "heavy".