Mensagem no boot "verity mode is set to logging"

Search This thread

engpaulo89

Dec 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

Every time my moto x4 is restarted, a message appears on the boot screen:
"verity mode is set to logging"

It is something quick, written in yellow and soon the device finishes the initialization.

I wonder if this affects anything on the device?

I make the following observations:

My moto x4 was in the version PAYTON_OPW29.69-26_SUBSIDY-DEFAULT_REGULATORY-DEFAULT_CFC.XML. As I was having problems with Wi-Fi on the device, I decided to unlock the bootloader and flash another version of the android. Finally I opted for PAYTON_FI_OPWS28.46-21-12_SUBSIDY-DEFAULT_REGULATORY-DEFAULT_CFC.XML, this after having tested other versions, all with success. But since I unlocked the bootloader and did the first downgrade this message appears at the boot of the device.

My moto x4 is an XT1900-6.

Another thing done through a previous search was to run the command "getprop ro.boot.veritymode" in the terminal, directly on the device, which returned: "enforcing".

Anyway, I'm not sure if everything is OK with the device or if I lost any important function. If it is a normal error and if it is not, I would like to know the solution to this problem.

gee one

Jul 29, 2010
linux command line
This is "normal". I think you can ignore it. If you were worried about security and privacy, you would want it to be enforcing so that the phone wouldn't boot if it was modified. Most users do not want this since it would break a lot of things.

Edit: are you using any third party zips to hide root or pass safety net? They might mask the verity mode, maybe? I don't use them so I couldn't tell you the expected behavior.

Last edited:

engpaulo89

Dec 15, 2018
This is "normal". I think you can ignore it. If you were worried about security and privacy, you would want it to be enforcing so that the phone wouldn't boot if it was modified. Most users do not want this since it would break a lot of things.

Edit: are you using any third party zips to hide root or pass safety net? They might mask the verity mode, maybe? I don't use them so I couldn't tell you the expected behavior.

I did another clean install, using the same firmware as android 8.1 (one), now I'm not using root, as I see no need. I hope there is no problem with this message on the boot screen. I hope I still receive updates via OTA.

filipepferraz

Oct 17, 2010
To remove this message needs to flash the bootloader from phone variant. This file fix for XT1900-6.

Attachments

• fix-recovery.zip
    4 MB · Views: 860