Mess around buggy Marshmallow update for Moto G 2015

Search This thread

nebulaoperator

Mar 5, 2013
Hi everyone, moto global

Not a surprise in such a short time after Moto G 2016 has been updated to MM 6.0 internet is flooded with complaints. I had my update in UK for around a week now.
I have manufactory reset device since then twice due to following reasons and which did not solve the problem :
I am literally fuming because new update took everything away that made this phone super phone.

1) Battery time got much worse, neither my habits changed nor apps I use. I would say by 30% .
Simple browsing and reading drains 40% just in one hour.

2) Other thing is display touch issues.No matter how gentle or harder I press my finger or use fro same purpose other thinkers display thinks I want to open link, photo, jump into other page. In general open something or anything that is possible on current page. That happens flickering finger up normal speed , slower ,or faster doesn't matter.
There is clearly an issue because I had none of it while phone was on Lollipop.

3) I also noticed phone is slower opening apps, getting in and out of app , inside browser loading time got longer.

4) Why on earth would Moto not allow to downgrade it to Lollipop? I don't care you have MM6 I want to get back to Lollipop until you sort out mess around buggy MM.

What problems do you have?

People, please, stop exercising your flashing, roming muscle and how cool you are at that. This thread is for identifying actual/present problem on MM based Moto G 2015 .

Last edited:

LeJay

Apr 5, 2011
The issue with the behavior of the touch screen is what really gets to me. I scroll and let my finger of the screen and it registers that as a press and opens some link if my finger happens to be over one as I lift it off.

I have two decent ways of reproducing some of my issues with the screen (being able to reliably reproduce problems is paramount if you want to report problems).

1. Go to http://www.msnbc.com/videos . Scroll a bit down the page and then move your finger rapidly up and down. No issue. It follows your finger perfectly. Now start playing a video on the page and try again. At least to me, after a fairly short while it simply stops moving and no longer registers my touch. I can lift my finger and put it back down and now it moves again. There's no freaking way playing a video should have priority in the kernel over keeping track of my touches. I get it's not the fastest phone in the world and i would be fine with a lot of lagging. But don't just "forget" i have my finger on the screen. Something is very clearly wrong. Not exactly sure how this was in lollipop, but I'm noticing a lot of touch screen issues in marshmallow.

2. If I scroll to the top of my app drawer (by moving my finger down) and try to scroll even further (which obviously I can't) it often takes the place where I lift my finger as a press and opens that app. If anyone can confirm this kind of behavior it will.be eaiser to go to Motorola with this

nebulaoperator

Mar 5, 2013
The issue with the behavior of the touch screen is what really gets to me. I scroll and let my finger of the screen and it registers that as a press and opens some link if my finger happens to be over one as I lift it off.

I have two decent ways of reproducing some of my issues with the screen (being able to reliably reproduce problems is paramount if you want to report problems).

1. Go to http://www.msnbc.com/videos . Scroll a bit down the page and then move your finger rapidly up and down. No issue. It follows your finger perfectly. Now start playing a video on the page and try again. At least to me, after a fairly short while it simply stops moving and no longer registers my touch. I can lift my finger and put it back down and now it moves again. There's no freaking way playing a video should have priority in the kernel over keeping track of my touches. I get it's not the fastest phone in the world and i would be fine with a lot of lagging. But don't just "forget" i have my finger on the screen. Something is very clearly wrong. Not exactly sure how this was in lollipop, but I'm noticing a lot of touch screen issues in marshmallow.

2. If I scroll to the top of my app drawer (by moving my finger down) and try to scroll even further (which obviously I can't) it often takes the place where I lift my finger as a press and opens that app. If anyone can confirm this kind of behavior it will.be eaiser to go to Motorola with this

1. I have this issue to though it takes me quite a few times to move my thumb up and down before it freezes.

2. " and try to scroll even further (which obviously I can't) it often takes the place where I lift my finger as a press and opens that app" that's exactly what I have on facebook, androidauthority etc. Instead of page gliding further it registers finger as for press. This issue is so obvious on my phone. I can reproduce it fairly easy.

amangurung07

Oct 12, 2012
OnePlus 8
Hi everyone, moto global

Not a surprise in such a short time after Moto G 2016 has been updated to MM 6.0 internet is flooded with complaints. I had my update in UK for around a week now.
I have manufactory reset device since then twice due to following reasons and which did not solve the problem :
I am literally fuming because new update took everything away that made this phone super phone.

1) Battery time got much worse, neither my habits changed nor apps I use. I would say by 30% .

2) Other thing is display touch issues.No matter how gentle or harder I press my finger or use fro same purpose other thinkers display thinks I want to open link, photo, jump into other page. In general open something or anything that is possible on current page. That happens flickering finger up normal speed , slower ,or faster doesn't matter.

3) I also noticed phone is slower opening apps, getting in and out of app , inside browser loading time got longer.

4) Why on earth would Moto not allow to downgrade it to Lollipop? I don't care you have MM6 I want to get back to Lollipop until you sort out mess around buggy MM.

You can downgrade to Lollipop 5.1.1 from Marshmallow..
Upgraded my Moto G 2015 to MM and had same issues like yours so I decided to downgrade to Lollipop and battery life is awesome in Lollipop... 5+ hours Screen on Time.

Reactions: jijanjayan

rec71

Oct 16, 2011
Calne
I am also suffering from the touch issue
I tried downgrading but it fails to write the bootloader, etc. Some detailed instructions on how to do this using fastboot would be awesome...

Quark^2

Sep 3, 2011
Can you downgrade to 5.1.1 without an unlocked bootloader?

And since the ghost input issue seems to be a software issue, can't we just tweak it somehow?

coolizard

Oct 30, 2013
I don't experience the same issues. I really like MM, but I don't think that is much better or different from LL. But I think I have better battery, better image and no touch issues. Performance doesn't appear much different.
I upgraded from OTA and have a XT1541. Did a factory reset after the upgrade.

LoveMeLewis

Feb 25, 2016
This upgrade to android 6.0 on my Moto g 3rd gen is killing me
- Random bouts of slowness, if it had a hard drive with spindles I'm sure I would hear it ticking away constantly
- lag when typing into search bar etc
- lag when hitting home button
- the unintended link-clicking thing when simply browsing a webpage is infuriating especially considering how SLOW it is to bring up the link then go back because you don't bloody want it opened I. The first place. aGhHHHhG!!!! ajdfhaahbs#!&#@!@
- I've started receiving low battery warnings on a daily basis when I have in general not considered battery EVER during the day with this phone
- apps have been crashing or constantly bringing up the dialogue box about not responding and wait/kill it
- Gmail notification is inconsistent - I'm not getting status bar notifications for all new email, can't find a pattern - does work sometimes

Basically what was a decent phone has now turned into a P.O.S

What is actually better about MM ?

I want to downgrade to Lollipop - considering I'm taking matters into my own hands is Lollipop the best option?

Whats the best way to safely flash the phone to proposed O/S? Link to approved method please and THANKS

Last edited:

rom-g

Sep 15, 2010
Paris (93)
Same here. Touchscreen is driving me crazy since i updated my xt1541 to stock MM.
Specially when i scroll up/down but the phone reacts as if i clicked. (factory reset and wiping cache didn't solve the issue).

porozex

Mar 5, 2013
i fixed the issue wirh touch screen by just removing the screen protector (glass)

blkid

Dec 27, 2010
I have problems with touchscreen too. I've documented them here: https://youtu.be/_hMp9vb2WUI

I have exactly the same problem. I think is related to the size of finger. Also at mine moto g, with the app that you used in your video, using 2 inch i having the problem, using the indices no :eek: So, with smaller touched area the problem not appear :confused:

About the ghost touch, i have no idea what they have combined in motorola, but seems that the touch is "software" managed (like a 3d render made by the cpu instead of gpu), and it seems that with the cpu under stress the problem worsens, and problably this is why it does not always happen.
I made another test: if you enable developer option and you activate the cursor position option (i don't know if is the exact english name, i'm italian), with 3 touch have a huge lag, with 4 is impossible to draw cursor positions. About this test i don't know if is a problem of touch or is a problem of developers tools. Is necessary to check with another android 6 smartphone.

I also found another bug about the energy saving. Yesterday, when the battery has dropped below 15%, the energy saving has been activated automatically, as i set, but after connecting the charger it is not deactivated. I had to repeatedly juggle with the power saving enabling option to disable it (notification bar and buttons bar still remained red even with the power saving option turned off). Today I realized that the phone lags so obscene and discovered that, although it was not notified of the power saving mode, only 1 core was active with variable frequency. I had to again turn on and off the power saving mode to have all the core active (in cpu-z the governor was ever interactive but with only cpu0 active before re enable and disable power saving mode). Some happened this thing?

F...k, i was so glad I bought a motorola moto g :( i hope they solve these problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I erased the stock rom and put CM12.1 ... Solved my problems!
    Hi everyone, moto global

You can downgrade to Lollipop 5.1.1 from Marshmallow..
    Upgraded my Moto G 2015 to MM and had same issues like yours so I decided to downgrade to Lollipop and battery life is awesome in Lollipop... 5+ hours Screen on Time.
    I have problems with touchscreen too. I've documented them here: https://youtu.be/_hMp9vb2WUI